3 “I know you’ll be good for me Jeju. I know you will.”

A Fan Can Wish For A Friend

3

“I know you’ll be good for me Jeju. I know you will.”

It was already past noon when I arrived at the hotel, I had a massive suite with a stunning ocean view all for myself. I had my lunch, and decided to just stay in for the rest of the day. Oh, I could just stay here forever. Dinner was served through room service, and I called it a day.

“Good morning Jeju!” I exclaimed. Morning came, and I was so excited to start my day. I wanted to spend the whole day going to scenic places that the island boasts. I came down, and had my breakfast. I sat near the window, to enjoy the view with sunlight kissing my face. “Oh, if only mornings are always like this” I said to myself.

“Coffee? Tea? Some juice?”

“Coffee please” I answered, with my eyes staring at the view.

And my coffee was served in front me. I looked up to thank the waiter, but what I saw made me skip a heartbeat. He was no waiter, he was… he was… Kim Myungsoo.

Great, can this morning get any better? First, I took that trip to get away, to free myself from my unhealthy fangirling lifestyle. And what? Not only did I board the same plane as my “ex bias” / “I-have-to-move-on bias”, I was also staying in the same hotel as him! Great. Just great .

“Hi! Good morning.” He greeted with the same smile that made me fall in love with him years ago. I kept my calm; I couldn’t let him know that I’m his fan. I thought to myself, “Hey. I’m only here until tomorrow. It wouldn’t hurt having some conversations with him right? Not as bias-fan, but as strangers who met while traveling.”

“Hello. Thanks for the coffee. Good morning! I didn’t expect to see you here” I said.

“You’re welcome. Small world, small island… its nice seeing you here though. You’re from the Philippines right? Ku-mus-ta ka?”

And now my heart started beating faster. How could he be so adorable! And he wouldn’t even get that smile off his face.

“Great! I’m surprised you know a few Filipino words.”

“Oh. I’ve been to the Philippines before for work, that’s why.”

“Cool. You should visit the Philippines again for vacation. We also have some of the world’s most beautiful islands and beaches there.”

“Yeah. I would love that! Maybe you could accompany me when I visit there.”

“That would be great!”

Uhm. Why did I have that conversation with him again? I didn’t know Myungsoo was such a chatterbox especially with strangers he just met at the plane.

“But since you’re here in Jeju, maybe I could show you the island? I mean I bet you already have something planned for today but still…”

“Well, I was kind of planning to go around the island today but I still haven’t booked a tour. So…”

“So? That’s a yes?”

“Yeah? I hope I won’t be a burden to you though.”

“Don’t worry. I would really love to go around the island today too. A nice company would be lovely. By the way, I didn’t get to have your name yesterday.”

“__________. My name’s ___________. And you are?”

“Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo.”