1 “Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.”

A Fan Can Wish For A Friend

1

“Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can. Life’s not meant to be lived in one place.” -Anonymous

I took a Gimpo – Jeju flight instead of a direct flight from my country, it felt weird and awkward since I’m not used to foreign airlines and everything was just unfamiliar. I carefully studied everyone around me, watching how things worked so that I won’t be lost or to make sure I won’t do anything stupid… I wanted to reach my destination safe and sound.

Thankfully, I was assigned to a window seat. I don’t really like seating in between two foreign strangers. I was never fond of airplane conversations just because I am socially awkward and I don’t know how to keep up with conversations. I’m used to ignoring my seatmate and just sleep for the rest of the flight. But, this trip was an exception right? It’s a healing trip. It’s supposed to help me “heal” my bad habits that hindered me from growing.

I noticed a man heading towards my row, must be my seatmate. He placed his bag in the overhead bin and sat beside me. “Oh great, he’s really my seatmate.” I thought to myself. Gathering all my strength and confidence, I was able to say Hi to him. He looked at me puzzled and just gave me a smile. It wasn’t the brightest smile I’ve seen, but it was fine, at least he gave me a smile instead of just ignoring me right? And a very familiar smile.

When he finally settled on his seat beside me, I wanted to start a conversation with him but my lack of experience and social awkwardness shot right up and I couldn’t even utter a single word. Before I closed my eyes preparing to sleep, I took one last look at my seatmate.

For a moment, I couldn’t believe my eyes. The man I was staring at looked so familiar. I stared at him, his eyes, nose, lips, and even his chin… I think I knew who he was. No, I do know him. Yes, I do. I stared in disbelief. Of course I knew who he was. KIM MYUNG SOO.

Fate must be toying around with me.