A Start Of Something.

A Second Chance At Love.

After L took care of me that day when I was sick, we've been getting much closer and seemed to stick together like best friends. Our hard work was worth it because we ended up getting perfect on our assignment and earning the highest mark in class; We were all pleasantly surprised. Speaking of surprises, ever since that day, Bora and Sungjong oppa would not let us go on that matter. It's been two weeks afterwards, and they were still like vultures every time they saw us together. Wae?

Sungjong oppa, that brat, told Bora, who was already onto us, the entire story-with a bucket load of drama. You'd think that he told her somewhere alone with just the two of them, right? That guy is like a spawn from Hell. He had to say it, loud and clear with dramatic flails of his arms, when we were in a group at lunch. Even worse, it was when we were with Sungjong oppa and L's friends while Bora was with one of her friends.

So now, strangers are knowing about this. It felt uncomfortable for me because I didn't even know them. At all. I mean, it was the first time for me seeing some of them. I knew I shouldn't have taken up on Sungjong's offer when he asked me to eat lunch with them.

"So then hyung picked Hwayoung up and carried her home! FOR HALF AN HOUR! THAT LITTLE WOULDN'T CARRY ME WHEN I FRACTURED MY ANKLE YET HE CARRIED HWAYOUNGIE BECAUSE SHE WAS TIRED! HELLO, DO I SMELL SOME LOVE GOING ON?!" Sungjong, being the usual dramatic self, was telling the story. All pairs of eyes were immediately on us and I squirmed under their gazes uncomfortably, madly blushing and denying everything as much as possible.

"YAH! I'M YOUR HYUNG, YOU 'LITTLE '. Do you want to die early?" L smacked Sungjong on the back of his head and pulled him down strangling him, covering his mouth to prevent him from continuing his story while he laughed.

"I knew they had something going on! You know the music assignment we had to work on? They had to write the lyrics and sing them, but here's the good part: ROMANTIC LYRICS! DAEBAK, DAEBAK." Bora was yelling just as enthusiastically and laughing hysterically.

I glared at her, but when looking over, accidentally met L's eyes. We both blushed and I reached over to smack Bora's head. "Can you not? Chincha!" I groaned in frustration. Sungjong, seeing an opportunity, shoved me hard in that direction and I ended up sprawled across L's lap, who lost balance from the sudden added weight and we both fell down onto the floor. Bora laughed even more hysterically, madly high-fiveing Sungjong and dying from laughter on the bench.

"YAH! LEE SUNGJONG!" L's gaze was murderous towards Sungjong oppa as he gently helped me up from the floor. "Gwenchana?" He helped me brush off some dust that I had picked up on my pants. I nodded shyly. "Gomawo."

Bora's friend, rolling her eyes at her, leaned over and placed her hand on my arm apologetically. "Mianhae Hwayoung-shi, my dongsaeng is going crazy right now; she didn't even introduce me! I'm Hyorin by the way. Just call me unnie comfortably." She gave me a warm smile and I smiled back.

"Unnie." We both turned over at the commotion behind us and I broke into laughter seeing Sungjong get choked by L while a guy was trying to pull him back and another guy with super small eyes was trying to pull Sungjong away.

"Yah, yah, YAH! DON'T KILL HIM FOR TELLING THE TRUTH!" The small eyed guy said, yanking Sungjong from L's grip. Another guy laughed like a seal, high-fiveing him.

"GOOD ONE SUNGGYU HYUNG!" L roared in outrage and switched his target to Sunggyu. I walked over to Sungjong, who was on the floor gasping and holding his neck. "Gwenchana, oppa?" I laughed, rubbing his neck for him. He turned over to me, face a bit purple.

"D-don't...even...s-start..." I laughed and attempted to massage his neck area for him. The guy holding him smiled at me. "I'm Woohyun by the way. Don't mind Sungjongie, I think you and L look cute together!" He winked at me and I blushed.

"We're not together..." I denied. "YET." Sungjong managed to choke out a word while still trying to catch his breath. I glared and kicked him lightly. "HAJIMA!" Sungjong groaned, pleading me to stop. Woohyun laughed and slapped his . "Aigoo, you'll never get any girls this way..."

I smiled and turned back my attention to L, seeing how he was doing. He trapped between two guys on the floor while he thrashed around. Sunggyu was looking at them on the side, hands on his hips and shaking his head. "Aigoo, that temper of his around his friends..." His friend was still on the side, laughing like a seal, clapping his hands like an idiot. I walked over and crouched in front of him, laughing a bit at the situation. "Gwenchana, L?"

L was squirming like a puppy who didn't want to be held up. "Helpppp..." I laughed and poked his stomach. "Ani! You didn't introduce me to your friends yet~" He glared at me under the two boys.

"Y-yah, at a time like t-this...?" He struggled to breathe until their grasp. Laughing, I ignored him and turned to his friend closest to me.

"Hwayoung imnida. Anyeonghaseyo!" He smiled and introduced himself while still grabbing onto one of L's arms. "I'm Sungyeol. Just call me Oppa comfortably. I think we'll be seeing each other way more often now." He laughed and flicked his head in the other guy's direction. "That's Hoya. And the pabo over there laughing like a seal is Dongwoo hyung. Beside him is Sunggyu hyung." I nodded and greeted Hoya since he was the only one who heard me.

L finally got out their grasps and rolled away from them, towards me, gasping for air. "Never...do that...again!" I laughed at him and rubbed one of his arm. "Gwenchana?" He groaned. "Like hell it is! I can't even feel them!" I laughed and continued to massage one of his arms while he laid down on the floor beside me. 

"Aww, they do look cute together! Look guys, she's even taking care of him!" Woohyun laughed, coming back to us with Sungjong. I blushed and quickly retracted my hands back. "A-aniyah..." L quickly sat up and rubbed the back of his neck, embarassed to be seen like this. "Y-yah..."

Dongwoo laughed and walked over ruffling L's hair affectionately. "Aigoo, our Myungsoo is growing up! He may be the first one to graduate from Infinite!" The others laughed while L scowled at him, a tint of pink in his cheeks. He really did look adorable, but I wasn't about to admit it any time soon. I looked at Dongwoo, confused. "Infinite?" 

Dongwoo laughed. "Ah! We named ourselved Infinite, meaning infinitely single haha. Forever alone!" He pretended to pout and I laughed, nodding in comprehension. "Ah, I see. The name's pretty unique though. You guys should keep it, even when you get girlfriends!" I smiled brightly at them.

The boys looked at each other before bursting into laughter and L glared at all of them, looking even more pink. "That's what our Myungsoo said before! Uwah, great minds think alike! Connection as a couple I see?" Sunggyu chuckled.

I looked over at L in surprise. His whole face was red and he hid his face quickly in his lap, covering it. "Hajimaaaaa!" his muffled protests came out from his lap. The boys laughed and Hyroin unnie shook her head at us. "You guys are like kids! Grow up already," she lightly scolded them, to no avail.

I looked at L as he tried to hide his embarassment from everyone. He really made my heart flutter, even when I couldn't see his face. I smiled softly as I watching them harrass him, prying his hands away from his face while he protested.

When he's smiling, it was like my whole body was warmed up at that simple gesture. I have to admit, I did find him appealing when I first met him, because even with his cold exterior and chilling gazes, it looked so chic and mysterious to me, I felt pulled towards him. I denied it then, thinking that he was probably some jerk who I shouldn't get close to, but it turned out that he really was sweet when you got to know him better.

The boys managed to successfully pry his hands away from his face and were teasing him. He was blushing and when we locked eyes he laughed shyly and rubbed the back of his neck. That smile sent a tingle through my spine and I smiled back at him. I continued to watch him, losing myself in his eyes.

 I think this is the shortest amount of time that anyone has made me fallen in love with them.


Hey everyone! BeatofWings here! As promised, I am slowly getting into the plot and putting more romance in. Also, I found out I got my first subbie for my first AFF! UWAAAH I'M SO EXCITED! Special shout out to sillyreii for being the first subbie! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I love all of my readers and would be super super super grateful if any of you guys upvoted or subscribed. I've been rereading my past chapters and discovered a few mistakes. Man, I need to get a style down. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will try to make long and sweet chapters in the future for you! THANK YOU !