Sick And Getting Closer.

A Second Chance At Love.

The next day, Sungjong was finally free to come over with us to his house after school. He still looked relatively tired, but slightly more alive than before. We were supposed to fine tune the entire song and redo any parts that were off; no autotune would be used, because's that would be cheating! 

Due to last night being so unexpectedly cold and not wearing enough layers for it, I was starting to feel a bit sick today, but felt that the others didn't need to know about it. I didn't want them to think that I was being lazy and trying to find a way out of finishing it. I didn't want L to think that I found him being too picky and didn't want to redo the parts that they found were necessary.

I don't know why I felt that way, but I felt compelled to go through with it, not wanting to disappoint him.

The walk to Sungjong's house felt longer than anticipated today, and I felt more and more tired and weak, but tried to hide how uncomfortable I was. He and L were walking up ahead, playing with each other, pretending to push each other to the road and ruffling each other's hair. I walked behind them with a slow pace, unable to catch up, but smiled softly at their actions; they looked like cute little kids playing around.

L stopped harassing Sungjong who was whining and looked over his shoulder, seeming to notice my absence. "Hwayoung-ah, why are you so slow? I know I called you an awkward turtle, but that didn't mean you could walk so slow~"

I glared at him but didn't elaborate on anything, energy already depleted. He seemed to notice that I didn't pick up my pace and walked back to me putting his hand to my back and pushing me slightly forward. "Come on!"

After another ten dreadful minutes, we finally arrived at Sungjong's house. I rushed into his house, greeted by the warmth and heat. I sighed in content. "I can finally feel my fingers again!" Sungjong laughed.

"Aigoo, Hwayoungie your exaggeration is ridiculous." L glanced sideways at Sungjong when he called me Hwayoungie. I cocked my head to the side at his action. What was wrong with that?

Ignoring it, I urged them to get to work quickly so I could go home and rest. I was starting to feel really sick and tired, a headache slowly pounding in. I told the boys to work on the finetuning and to call me when they need me to redo the lines, since I wasn't that techy anyways.

"Sungjong, come here and help me."

"Ah wae hyung? You can just do this by yourself!"

"Ani! Are you crazy? I don't know your programs as well as you!"

"Hyungggggg!"

I listened to them bicker on the other side of the room, feeling their voices getting farther away from me. I shook my head, trying to clear it. This couldn't be good. I walked over to Sungjong's bed and glanced back at them. They wouldn't notice if I just closed my eyes here for a few minutes...

I laid down on his head, sighing in relief. I really needed the rest. I tucked myself underneath his blankets, suddenly feeling very chilly and closed my eyes.

I stirred slightly to feeling someone nudge my leg. I groaned and turned away from the source. I felt like I was on fire yet at the same time felt freezing. I heard a voice calling me but couldn't make out the words.

A hand went up to my forehead. Then, I felt the hands all over frantically on my arms and my face. I was starting to lose conciousness from the exhaustion and heat.

"You're burning! Hwayoung-ah, Hwayoung! Wake up! Are you sick? We need to give you some medicine immediately! Sungjong, get over here!" I realized the person with me right now was L, and slightly frowned at his panicky tone. Was it this serious?

Another hand was on my forehead. "Omo! That is crazy! Let me get a thermometer and Tylenol!" It was Sungjong, sounding equally worried.

L called over his shoulder, "Bring those over and then cook some rice porridge for her! She shouldn't take it on an empty stomach!" L brushed my hair that was matted on my forehead away. "Hwayoung-ah, I'm going to get you some water. Hang in there!" I groaned, feeling the fever getting to me.

I heard their frantic voices in the background and a few moments later L was back at my side. He pulled the blanket off of me and gently propped me up onto his shoulder. I shivered and croaked, "I-I'm cold..." I felt him shake his head. "The blanket will only make your fever worse, Hwayoung-ah! Here, drink some water. Sungjong is cooking rice porridge for you."

I felt a cold object press against my lips and I tentatively took a sip. The liquid felt great and I quickly gulped the entire glass.

"Easy there, Hwayoung-ah! You'll choke!" As if on cue, I leaned over and coughed from the liquid. He patted my back softly. "See? I told you!"

I leaned back onto his shoulder, groaning and shivering against him. I felt him check my temperature and heard him take a sharp intake. "Hwayoung-ah, you're burning at 45 degrees Celsius!" No wonder I was feeling like a human microwave. I groaned again and pressed my body against him, hands clasped together on his chest, desperately trying to find warmth. I felt his other arm go around me.

"Babo, you should've told us! No wonder you were walking so slowly." I still didn't have the energy to answer and just continued groaning softly and shivering.

A few minutes later, I heard Sungjong come in. "The porridge is here!" L gently nudged me. "Hwayoung-ah, you have to eat." I felt so weak I could barely move, how was I supposed to eat?

I heard a sigh. "I'll feed her. You pack up her things and finish up editing, okay?"

"Arasso, hyung." 

I opened my eyes slowly, feeling like a burden to them. "M-mianhae..."

L shook his head. "Ani! Now come on, eat the porridge." And slowly, with much patience, he fed me small spoonfuls of porrige until I finished the bowl. Then he gave me the medicine. "Here. Careful." He eased the Tylenol to my lips and gave me a glass of water. I swallowed it, coughing a bit in the process. He rubbed my back caringly. "Do you have medicine at home?" he asked. I shook my head weakly.

"We just ran out." I was slowly starting to feel better with more energy.

Sungjong came up to us. "Hwayoung! Are you feeling better now?" I nodded softly.

"Gomawo, Sungjong, for the porridge." He smiled at me. "Aniyah, it was nothing. I heard you saying that you don't have medicine at home?" I nodded again. He scratched the back of his head.

"We just ran out here too. Hmm. I can run out and get a pack for you! There's a convenience store a few blocks over. I'll be right back, arasso?" And with that he jogged out of the door. 

I sighed. L looked down at me. "What's wrong?" I frowned. "I wasted your time and couldn't even help. Mianhae, L. I really wanted to help, because I knew you wanted the song to be perfect." I looked down, feeling useless. L shook his head and smiled a bit.

"You should've told me! I wouldn't have made you come with us. You only have about 3 parts to redo. We can do that tomorrow; we still have a day left. Arasso? Don't worry." I looked over and smiled gratefully at him. "Gomawo L. Chincha, I mean it." He smiled. "Anytime."

Sungjong came in with my medicine and I prepared to leave. I got up from Sungjong's bed, grabbing my bag and putting on my coat and shoes. Sungjong looked worriedly at me at the door with L.

"Hwayoungie, I don't think you should go right away, you're still sick! Rest a bit." I shook my head. "I have to go home before it's dark, Sungjong." I opened the door to walk out and stumbled a bit, slightly dizzy from the fever before. L's arm shot out and grabbed me.

"Hwayoung-ah, I think I'll just go home with you. You're in no condition to go home alone." he frowned at me, putting on his shoes. I shook my head and waved a hand in the air. "Aniyah, I'm fine now. I was just temporarily off-balance."

Sungjong shook his head firmly. "Ani! Hyung's going to go home with you and that is final! Don't make your friends worry!" I sighed, not wanting to burden them any further. "Arasso. I'll see you tomorrow Sungjong! Gomawo again!" He smiled and waved at the door and L and I slowly walked home.

I was okay for about a few blocks before my legs felt like they were going to give out again. L grabbed my arm to balance me and then stopped. "Hwayoung-ah, you don't even have enough energy to walk! I told you to stay at Sungjong's place for a bit before leaving," he scolded me. I smiled sheepishly. "I thought I was okay..."

He shook his head at me and went in front of me. "Just get on my shoulders. It'll be quicker this way." I bit my lip, unsure. "But we have to walk for half an hour!" he turned around and glared at me. I gulped and quickly hooked my arms securely around his neck. He lifted me up easily and started to walk.

We continued like this in silence for a while until I heard his breathing get heavier and his steps slower when we were about halfway from my house. I peeked over his shoulder to look at him. He was sweating a bit on his forehead. I reached over and wiped his sweat off, feeling guilty. He looked over at me, surprised. I smiled meekly.

"Am I heavy? I should get off." I prepared to get off of him but he grabbed my legs tighter, preventing me from moving. "You're as skinny as a stick. Stop moving you pabo, I'm fine. I'll just treat this as a workout. Be quiet and just stay still." He grunted and shifted me on his back before resuming.

Eventually I fell asleep on his back from the medicine I took earlier. I guess it wasn't non-drowsy. 

When we reached my door L turned his head to tell me we were here but realized that I had fallen asleep. He chuckled softly. "Pabo." He reached over, searching for my house keys before opening the door. We went in, and he carried me upstairs, searching for my room. Once in my room he put me down on my bed, taking off my shoes and coat for me, before tucking me in. He watched me sleep, the most peaceful I've been since he first met me.

He sat down on the floor, exhausted from carrying me for half an hour. He wouldn't admit it because it would've hurt his pride, but his legs were killing him. I was light, but carrying me for that long really sapped his energy. "Aish, this is enough workout for a week," he muttered, massaging his legs on the floor beside my bed.

I muttered a bit in my sleep and shifted. He stood up and felt my forehead once more. "I guess I should make her something for when she wakes up..." He left my room and when to the kitchen, getting to work despite his exhaustion.

Twenty minutes later, he came into my room with rice porridge, a glass of water, and Tylenol. He pulled the blanket that I had kicked off back on me and went back downstairs. It was 7 o'clock. He laid down on my couch and closed his eyes. "I'll just rest for a few minutes..." he muttered before drifting off to sleep.

I woke up an hour later, slightly disoriented. I looked over to see a bowl of porridge, water and Tylenol waiting for me. I smiled, grateful for L. I must've killed his legs, carrying me for that long... I finished my porridge and took the medicine and brought the things downstairs to my kitchen, expecting my parents to be home in about an hour. As I walked by my living room to get to the kitchen I see a figure on my couch. I gave a startled yelp and nearly dropped my things. The figure bolted up and looked around wildly. I met eyes with him and realized that it was L.

"You're still here? Are you okay?" I put the things on the kitchen counter and walked over to him. He rubbed his eyes a bit groggily and got up grabbing his bag. "I fell asleep."

I cocked my head to the side. "Fell asleep?" Then realization hit me. "Omo! You must've been exhausted from carrying me home! Mianhae! Why didn't you wake me up?" 

He stretched and turned to me. "You were a heavy sleeper." He looked around. "What time is it?" 

"It's eight o'clock."

"Eight?! Aish, I gotta go! Feel better and don't forget to eat your medicine! I'll see you tomorrow Hwayoung-ah! Bye!" He scrambled to get his shoes on and ran out the door before I could reply. I smiled at the door softly.

He was actually pretty caring.


Hello! Author-nim here! So like I said before, the beginning chapters weren't that interesting because we weren't at the plot yet. I've worked hard on this chapter and hope you liked it! I saw that I had about 20 views? GOMAWO! I know other authors are getting like thousands of views, subbies and upvotes but I won't force to you guys to. It would be daebak if you did though! This is the longest chapter I've worked on so far, haha. I also forgot to make chapter 4 visible =___=

Hehe, sorry. It wouldn't have been as boring if you had chapter 4 to read ^^;; Please comment your requests for the plot as I'm welcome to all suggestions and give it lots of love! Until next time!

 

EDIT: I'm actually editing all of the chapters that I have right now and I realized that at one point, I typed "He took off my eyes and coat for me." What was I thinking that day LOLOLOLOL READERS! Why didn't you tell me D: So embarassing LOLOL. While editing, I also added more details in, so please do reread in case you miss anything (: