Where It All Started.

A Second Chance At Love.

Turned out that the assignment was to compose some sort of music. Within three weeks into school, we had to compose music. Andwae! Simultaneously, we looked at each other in horror after we sat with our groups. Thank god Ms. Song relented and gave us an extra week to finish this after seeing the whole class in an uproar.

We didn't know too much about music, so it was pretty difficult for us to actually compose a piece of music, and that's not even mentioning the fact that we needed to sing as well. I guess that makes it a song then, composing a song.

We weren't sure where to start or what each other's talents were, so we just ended up sort of in a daze. Bora spoke up after a while of confused silence. "Uhm, we should meet up to compose and practice. Two weeks isn't a lot time, actually." We all looked at her like lost lambs waiting for a shepherd. "Where would we meet?" I asked.

"My house! I have the equipment for it anyway," Sungjong chirped. 

Maybe that was how it all began.

We spent almost everyday at Sungjong's house, composing, editing, practicing. I thought we had it going pretty well, until L looked back at our assignment sheet and yelled in shock. "GUYS. THIS ISN'T JUST A PIECE. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A SONG."

Right, I forgot about that.

We all stared at him. A moment passed before it sunk in. "WHAT. WE WERE ALMOST DONE THOUGH!" I exclaimed. Right when there was progress, we had to go back to square one. I felt like I was going insane.

Bora, composed as always, started to make up a plan right then and there. "We need vocals. We can just split this up into two groups. Two of us will work on the music and edit it while the other two compose the lyrics and sing it. So. Who can sing here?"

We looked at each other. Sungjong insisted that it's his equipment so he should be the one to work on it. Bora, insisting that she'd rap better than sing, decided to work with Sungjong too. In seconds, the plan was made and executed. L and I stared at him, flabbergasted.

"I can't sing!" I exclaimed. "Hyung took lessons, he can teach you~" Sungjong called out over his shoulder.

"YAH! YOU BRAT!" I heard L scream at Sungjong. I turned to look at him and he looked away, his cheeks tinted pink.

"You sing?"

"Well, I took lessons and such..."

I looked at him in awe. Then I mentally shook my head. What am I thinking? This guy is way too cold to be my type. He was probably a jerk too.

I looked back at him. " So...will you teach me?" I blushed, feeling embarassed to be asking him that.

"Huh? Y-yeah...I can do that..." He stuttered, slightly flustered. Taking this as an advantage, I asked him to sing a little bit for me. He looked at me like I was crazy and shook his head furiously.

"Aww hyung, just sing to Hwayoung! You have a lovely singing voice! Stop pretending to be shy! You were crazy belting out lyrics when you were at my birthday party last year.." Sungjong muttered the last bit.

L glared at him, then glanced at me looking back at him with a hopeful and encouraging smile. He sighed, looking like he was being put on the spot. Sungjong noticed and pulled Bora's arm. "We'll go out, so you can just sing to Hwayoung. We don't need to listen to your pretty voice anyway~" He said mockingly at L and winked at me. I stare back at him, slightly dumbfounded. Bora laughed.

"That's cool with me. You guys are writing the lyrics and singing it anyway. Sooner or later you'll have to sing to her~ You still need to teach her singing lessons~" The two of them taunted L on their way out of the room.

We both stared at the closed door, then turned to look back at each other. I smiled weakly. "So, are you going to sing for me? Just a little bit..." L sighed and slumped down in his seat. "Fine...don't judge though! No laughing!" He pointed a finger accusingly at me. I laughed at him. "Okay okay! I won't!"

He narrowed his eyes. "Chincha?" I nodded. "Ne!" He sighed again. "Arraso..."

He began to sing, closing his eyes since he said that he didn't want to see me laughing or staring at him, and I realized that Sungjong was right. His singing voice really was beautiful; it was soft and smooth and it felt like the lyrics wrapped themselves around you in their loving embrace. I watched him, jaw dropped.

After he stopped he peeked one eye open at me and caught me staring speechlessly at him, my mouth an o. I quickly recomposed myself and clapped excitedly. "UWAH! THAT WAS DAEBAK, L! CHINCHA DAEBAK!" 

He looked down and laughed, touching the back of his neck in an embarrassed matter.

"Gomawo..." I laughed. "Aniya, I'm glad to be able to learn from you!"

Maybe he was alright after all...

♫~◄~♔~►~♫

Bora and Sungjong finished the music faster than we expected-in a matter of 3 days. We had to write the lyrics and fast. We only had a week left on it, but Bora had to work on her Science project with her group so she couldn't help us and Sungjong had to finish his other assignments. He let us use his room, which felt almost like a studio, even while he was away, because he only lived a few houses down from L. So, I guess it wasn't all that bad after all. After school, I met up with L and we started to walk to Sungjong's house.

"Hey, I have a question..." I tentatively started a conversation.

"Mmm?" He looked over at me.

"Is your real name L? I've heard Ms. Song call you Myungsoo..." He looked at me with an amused expression. "You're curious? Haha, my real name is Myungsoo, but Sungjongie and the rest of my friends just call me by my nickname." I thought for a bit.

"But why L? Is there a special meaning to it?" I saw him blush and look away. "That'll be for another time Hwayoung...ah." I whipped my head over to him. 

Hwayoung-ah? Did he just call me that? Does that mean we're close enough now? Why am I even feeling flustered about this? Sungjong already started calling me that, so I shouldn't feel like it's something special.

Still, my heart was suddenly beating a bit quicker than usual and my smile was a bit wider than usual.