What Is This Feeling?

A Second Chance At Love.

The routine for our assignment was pretty much the same, except everyone was more comfortable with each other now. Well, namely me and L.

Yesterday night, it took us half an hour to walk to my house, and noticing L's growling stomach, I took the opportunity to become better friends by inviting him in and cooking us dinner. During that time we got to know each other more, yet he still wouldn't tell me why Sungjong called him L. But other than that, we got to know each other more and I began to feel more comfortable around him.

We were given half a period in class today to work on our group assignments, but Sungjong, looking like a zombie, just sat next to me and fell asleep on the desk. Bora eyed him curiously. "What's wrong with him?" I shrugged. "He came home late last night looking pretty tired. I guess his own assignment is taking a toll on him." 

Bora looked surprised. "You guys stayed there until that late?" I smiled sheepishly. " We sort of lost track of time..."

She looked at us suspiciously and slowly nodded. "Mhmm. Now let me see what you guys did." I pulled out our draft and showed it to her. L watched her, looking slightly nervous as she looked our lyrics.

"It's not done yet though. We plan on finishing it today." Bora nodded. "It sounds great! You guys picked romance, eh?" She raised her eyebrows at us, a glint in her eyes. L's eyes widened and he angrily retorted, "It was Hwayoung's idea!"

I turned pink. "W-well, your music made it sound like it was some love song! What's wrong with that, huh?" Bora laughed and looked between us. "I was just asking! Why are you guys being so defensive? Aigoo, did something happen between you guys during those loooong hours yesterday?" She wiggled her eyebrows at us, still giggling. 

"YAH! Don't start anything weird Bora! I'm warning you!"

"We just did work! What kind of dirty things are you thinking about?!"

We both simultaneously retorted back at her angrily.

She rocked back in her chair, exploding with laughter. "OMO! You both are being so overly defensive! I see, I see. Don't worry, I'm just kidding~"

I glared at her, unable to meet L's eyes. What was she even thinking? We barely got comfortable with each other!

L stood up. "I'm going to the washroom." He walked briskly away. I looked after him, speechless and then turned to Bora. "Boraaaa! Stop, you're making it awkward!" She laughed in response and started editing our lyrics. I sighed. I hope this isn't the start of something horrible...

Sungjong woke up and looked at us blankly. "Did class end yet? What did I miss?" Bora opened to speak and I quickly slapped my hand over it.

"Ani, class is only half over. Go back to sleep, you didn't miss anything." He blinked at us twice and closed his eyes again. I removed my hand from Bora's mouth to reveal her grinning madly at me. "Hmm, so there IS something going on here! You and L huh?"

"What about me?" L strode back towards us and took his seat beside me. He looked at us, eyes narrowed. I facepalmed myself. Talk about bad timing! "No we weren't, Bora was just being crazy." I muttered through my hands. He looked over questioningly.

"Aigoo, kyeopta! You guys. I ship, I ship." She winked at us, making an okay sign with her fingers. L glared at her. "Go back to editing!"

♫~◄~♔~►~♫

Later that day, the two of us resumed walking to Sungjong's house. Bora claimed that she didn't finish her science project yet with a wink and skipped off with her friends. Sungjong said he was going to continue and try to cram his assignment and attempt to finish it today.

"Let's try to finish this quickly so we can practice singing it today," I suggested as we walked down the path.

"If you don't resume to being an awkward turtle, we just might." he said with a slight smirk. I turned to glare at him.

"Yah! When was I ever an awkward turtle? At least I'm not like a block of ice, OPPA." I stuck my tongue out at him, walking backwards to face him. He scoffed. "I'm a block of ice? Pfft. Never. I'm just charming~" he continued with a grin.

I scowled at him and was about to retort when I suddenly tripped on a block on the sidewalk.

"Waah!" He lunged forward and grabbed my waist, pulling me towards him. "Don't walk backwards, you Pabo! You trip and crack your head open!" I gasped into his chest, clutching his coat, shocked with what almost happened. He looked down at me and quickly pushed me back into arms length. "Y-yah, gwaenchanha?" I quickly realized what I had done and pulled back.

"Y-yeah. Gomawo..." He gave me a small smile and pulled me along, trying to cover up that small awkward situation. "Gaja."

It took us a fairly short amount of time to finish off the lyrics. I looked at our final copy contently. "Asa! We have enough time to start!" I looked back at the sheet and smiled. The lyrics were really cute and romantic.

I start humming along to love songs that I didn’t like before
All of the melodramas in the world seem like my story
I try to look good when I didn’t before by paying attention to my appearance
I’m acquiring the bitter taste of coffee

Time goes so fast and my heart grows impatient
I imagine you next to me and film a movie of my own

When a man’s in love, he wants to stay by your side
There’s always so much he wants to do for you
When I’m in love, I want to give everything in my life to you
With just one expectation, your heart
When I’m in love

When a man’s in love, when a man’s in love

My cheeks get redder and my head slowly drops
I’m only looking at you as I’m on my way
My confession gushes out as if I’ve been crazily running
When a man’s in love, even if he loses ten to gain one
He gives all he has as if today is the last day so he won’t regret – all I have

Like a young child, I keep laughing for no reason
I control myself by saying that I’m different from others

When a man’s in love, he wants to stay by your side
There’s always so much he wants to do for you
When I’m in love, I want to give everything in my life to you
With just one expectation, your heart
When I’m in love

I can’t escape because I’m in too deep
The letters in my book are dancing as they form your name
As if you’re the main character of the movie, as if you’re the moon in the sky, I keep seeing you
I draw you out every day – my heart will rest only when you come into my arms
I’ll be your resting place that will never cool down

Look carefully – if you feel this, that means he’s fallen for you
If someone gives you a sign like I am right now, then please notice it

When a man’s in love, he wants to stay by your side
There’s always so much he wants to do for you
When I’m in love, I want to give everything in my life to you
With just one expectation, your heart
When I’m in love

When a man’s in love, when a man’s in love
When I’m in love, when I have fallen for you

"Wow, this is actually pretty cute. Why did it have to be from a guy's point of view though?" I whined, still not giving that up even though we bickered on it before.

"Yah, it sounds better this way. You can just sing the parts that don't say 'When a man's in love'. It's done okay? Don't waste time and let's start already!" He poked my forehead. I slapped his hand and poked him back.

"Where did you think of these lyrics anyway? Your chorus is like a confession!" I praised him to no end, because the chorus really was cute and beautiful. He smiled warmly and tapped my knee. "Gomawo." He said with a small laugh.

I smiled back, suddenly a bit embarrassed. " It's true though. Anyway, let's start singing."

I had never imagined how great my voice harmonized with his. After a bit of teaching and practising, I managed to master the abilty to sing properly and we immediately went to work. His voice was honestly so soft and smooth, I felt like I wanted to melt. Again, I shook my head.

What was I thinking? I was just in awe of his voice. That's it. Nothing more, nothing like what Bora said. Maybe it was jsut the smaller room we were in to record our voices that made him sound so angelic.

I watched him sing when it was his part. He smiled so lively and sang so sweetly. I continue watching, intrigued-I've never seen him so happy while doing something before. He looked at me and smiled, a bit embarrassed, and motioned for me to sing my part. I quickly turned back and sang the lyrics like he taught me to.

After I finished, I glanced back at him for his approval. He smiled and nodded, giving me a thumbs up. I grinned and we harmonized the chorus. I felt strangely really happy and warm inside after finishing the song, but I wasn't sure why. Maybe because it was just my first song?

Keeping track of time today, I decided to leave at six. "We can just match our voices with the music tomorrow. We still have two days!" 

"But I still need to edit some of our parts! We need to redo the parts that don't sound perfect you know," he muttered. I made a sound of exasperation and went back to the computer that he was working with the music on. "We can't be 100% perfect! I can't sing as well as you!"

He turned to me, offended. "A song must always be perfect! One small mistake and the whole thing is ruined!" I growled in frustration. "Aish, chincha!" I grabbed a chair and sat next to him. He looked at me. "What are you doing?" 

"Helping you finish this up quicklier so you can't blame me for pushing you to do all of the work!"

We ended up finishing at eight o'clock. And that was just because I forced him to stop and do the fine-tuning tomorrow. So much for keeping track of time, huh?

I scowled at him. " It's dark again! I nearly had a heart attack walking home last night!"

He scratched the back of his head, slightly guilty. "Well, I never told you to stay!" I looked at him, upset because he was telling the truth; I just thought I'd help for a few minutes before going, but I had lost track of time myself. I looked away and started to pack my bag angrily in silence. I zipped up my bag and went out of Sungjong's room to the front door, putting on my shoes.

Just as I was about to open the door, I was jerked back by my wrist. I turned back to glare at him, but he was looking both embarassed and really guilty. "Y-yah, mianhae, I'll walk you home again, like yesterday. Don't be mad..." He casted his eyes downwards. I looked at him and felt my heart twist.

I softened a bit and nodded. "Okay then. Gaja." He looked up at me and I gave him a small smile. "Mianhae, I was just a bit grumpy." He shook his head "Aniyah, I understand. I won't be so picky tomorrow..." I laughed softly. "You better keep to your words!" And we stepped out into the chilly streets, walking to my house. 

We walked closer to each other, trying to share our body heat. I smiled at him as he repeatedly complained about the cold while subconciously leaned in closer to me. It was like my heart took and leap inside of me as I watched him rub his hands together, slightly blowing on them. I smiled, no longer feeling cold but very, very warm inside.

What is this feeling?