My Fruity Teenage Love 2

Fruit Basket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin’s POV

 

Once I reach home, I immediately run towards my room and hide under my baby bed. This has always been my self-defense whenever bullies attack me in school. It’s as if by curling into a ball under my bed will secure me from everything that hurts. Inevitably, my tears fall. ‘I shouldn’t have come back here in the first place. If only I listen what my brain was telling me, my heart won’t break like this.’

 

I remember Jiyong Oppa’s reaction when he realized that I am his childhood sweetheart. It’s as if a bomb dropped on his face because of the sudden revelation. ‘He seems disgusted with me. I know I didn’t meet his expectation but what can I do?’

 

A soft knocks break my reverie. “Chaerin-ah?” someone calls from the outside.

 

I duck and hide even further. I don’t want my Seunghyun Oppa to see me in this state. In between the two of us, I am the positive thinker. I always advise him that he shouldn’t worry about his big size because physical appearance doesn’t always matters. Now that reality hits me on the face, I finally understand where he is coming from. ‘It’s really a bad feeling when the person you like rejected you just because you are fat.’

 

“Chaerin, I know you are there. Let me in.” Seunghyun Oppa’s voice seems serious now. However, my stubborn-self decided to ignore him.

 

‘It’s better to be alone for now. At least no one can judge me for being stupid. Who told me to expect with his sweet words anyway? I just made a fool of myself…’

 

The door to my room suddenly opens, and from my position, I can see my eldest brother walks in. He sighs in frustration and I am assuming that he thinks I am not around, hence, he just wasted his time knocking. However, to my surprise, he bends down and finds me lying on the floor. “Gotcha!” he grins at me.

 

I furrowed my brows and crawl my way out. “What are you doing here?” I casually ask, before sitting on the floor while resting my back on the edge of the bed,

 

“You still love seeing me sprawled on the ground, having a hard time to get up huh?” he pouts and sits beside me.

 

“Not funny Banana…” I look at the blank TV in front of me.

 

“Forget what he said…if that’s what made you upset.” He suddenly brings the topic that I don’t want to talk about.

 

“Oppa? When are we going home? I don’t want to stay here any longer.”

 

“So what? So you can run away like I did?” he scoffs. “I’ve been there, done that Chaerin. I tell you, the pain didn’t go away.”

 

“But I don’t want to see him anymore.” I sigh. “I should have listen to you before…when you told me that physical appearance matters when it comes to Love. Isn’t it unfair Oppa? You should love someone because you simply love them and not because of too many list of selfish reasons. When you decided to love a person, is it necessary to ask for his physical qualifications? I just don’t get it.”

 

“Strawberry, Love starts from physical attractions that’s why appearance plays a vital part.” Seunghyun Oppa sighs.

 

“Yeah, now I know why Idiots usually ended up with each other.” I curl my fist. “If Jiyong Oppa doesn’t like me anymore then I am fine with it. I don’t need his love anyway. He should know that I am not joining any beauty pageants so my waistline will stay as it is. If he doesn’t like what he sees, then he’s free to like someone else.”

 

Oppa slightly knocks my head, “You are too young to even think about Love.”

 

I knock his head back, “And you are too young to cope with a broken heart just because a girl rejected you.”

 

He chuckles at my statement, “Seeing her bring backs the pain. I thought when I see her again, I won’t feeling anything anymore but I was wrong. I just run like what you did when I saw her face gaping at my fat body.”

 

“At least you know that she doesn’t expect anything from you. You’ve been fat since forever but me? If you only see how Jiyong Oppa cringed when he found out that I am Chaerin.”

 

“Maybe it’s bound to happen this way so that we will start moving on with our lives.” He said.

 

“Maybe we should focus on the other aspects of love so we won’t get hurt with failed expectations.”

 

“Or maybe you two are just over reacting.” Someone answers as both of our eyes immediately landed on the door frame. There, we find Minho grinning at us.

 

“Yeah, easy for you to say because you are not fat like us.” I remark while Seunghyun Oppa scoffs.

 

Minho Oppa joins us and sits beside me. “Rin, not because you are fat now means you will be fat forever. Same goes to you Banana!”

 

“If you are suggesting that we should do some gym stuffs like what you are doing, then stop. I don’t and I won’t be interested in it.” Seunghyun Oppa in.

 

“See? That’s the cause of your broken hearts my dear brother and sister.” Minho sighs, “Both of you are lazy as ! Beautiful face and body doesn’t come in an instance. No one is born ugly but being lazy is a bad habit to develop.”

 

“I won’t lose my fats just because someone rejected me for being one.” I shake my head.

 

“Count me in. I won’t give them a satisfaction of knowing that I change myself so they will like me back.” Banana nods, agreeing with me.

 

“I am not just talking about your failed love lives here. I am talking about your dreams too! You Banana, you wanted to be a professional rapper right? Have you seen a Korean Rapper in the TV with a round body? Even if there is, how can you properly rap if you’re having a hard time breathing because of your weight? Same goes with you Strawberry! Even if you wanted to be a singer, a painter or even a rapper too, you need to be physically fit.”

 

“But I don’t want to go to the gym.” I pout, feeling slightly better.

 

“You don’t have to go anywhere just to lose weight.” Minho Oppa grins at me, “Just develop a constant physical activities. You know, like dancing. Don’t worry, I know a dance studio that offers a good tutorial. I can assure you, it’s the best!”

 

My eyes twinkle, “Oh my gee, why I didn’t even think about it in the first place?”

 

Seunghyun Oppa’s brows meet, “Do you want us to enroll in that stupid dance studio just because you are courting someone there?”

 

Minho Oppa grins again, “You got me Bro.”

 

I smirk at my brother, “How come you hook up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter