My Fruity Baby Love Finale

Fruit Basket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin’s POV

 

Today, Teacher Kim taught us how to draw different figures. She even gave us an assignment about what we wanted to be when grow old! I was having fun but the time’s already up. Good thing, tomorrow is Saturday and Jingyo Oppa promised to help me with my homework.

 

However, I don’t know yet what I wanted to draw. Jingyo Oppa told me that it will be easy because he will let me copy his dreams for me. I don’t even understand him when he said that. Oppa was weird when I was talking to him through the phone a while ago. He told me to prepare my colors especially the black and white ones!

 

‘What kind of drawing can we make by just using those two colors?’ I scratch my head in confusions.

 

“Strawberry! Come out now Baby, dinner is serve!” Mommy yelled from the outside of my room.

 

“Okay!”

 

 

 

 

After having our dinner, Daddy allowed us to watch movie since it’s already Friday night and we won’t have classes tomorrow. Mommy serves us some snacks as I patiently sit near the telephone. Seunghyun Oppa and Minho Oppa are fighting about what movie we’re going to watch when Hyori Unnie beat them to it.

 

“Yah Noona! What’s that?” Seunghyun Oppa complains. “Aigoo, your movie taste is not cool!”

 

“Sister Act.” Hyori Unnie sticks her tongue out and throws some popcorns to him.

 

“Tsk! It’s your fault Banana!” Minho Oppa pushes Seunghyun Oppa but the latter just pushes him back.

 

“Shut up Orange!”

 

“Yah! I’m trying to watch here. Stop that noise, both of you, or else I’m gonna tell Mom not to let you go out tomorrow~!” Unnie threatens them, shutting our twin brothers up.

 

The movie started and I am starting to enjoy it as well. I was about to sit beside Unnie when the telephone rings. I immediately pick it up. “Hello~?”

 

[“Strawberry-ah...”]

 

I smile when I hear his voice. “Good evening Jingyo Oppa! Why are you calling?”

 

[“Huh? Ahh…Errr…I-I will just…I will just remind you of our…ahh...activity for tomorrow. Yeah, that’s right!”]

 

“Ahh…Okay.” I nod as if he will see me doing so.

 

[“What are you doing right now?”] he suddenly asks.

 

“I’m watching movie…with Unnie and Oppas.” I tuck my hair on my ears, “How about you Jingyo Oppa? What are you doing right now?”

 

[“I’m drawing our future Chae~.”] He dreamily stated.

 

“Huh? You are drawing what?” I tilt my head in confusions.

 

[“Nothing!”] he instantly answers. [“Ahh..err…See you tomorrow Chaerin-ah! Good night.”]

 

“Okay Oppa… Good night. Bye-bye!” I smile and almost put the phone down when I heard him mumbling.

 

[“I love you…”]

 

‘Huh? Did Oppa just say…’ I tilt my head thinking about it.

 

 

I will follow Him
Follow Him where ever he may go
And near Him I always will be
For nothing can keep me away
He is my destiny
 

 

My eyes divert to the screen and saw the heartfelt performance of those Nuns. They are wearing a black and white dress while singing on top of their lungs. They also have big crosses hanging around their neck. ‘Wow…’

 

I will follow Him
Ever since he touched my heart, I knew
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep
Keep me away, away from his love

 

Suddenly, the beat of the song becomes faster and the Nuns started dancing comically.

 

I love Him, I love Him, I love Him
And where He goes I'll follow, I'll follow, I'll follow
I will follow Him, follow Him where ever he may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep, keep me away
 

I don’t know why but I love what they were doing. I started dancing as well, making Hyori Unnie and my twin big brothers laugh at me. I ignore them though and keep on mimicking the scene in the TV.

 

We will follow Him
Follow Him where ever he may go
There isn't an ocean too deep
A mountain so high it can keep
Keep us away, away from His love

 

The Nuns look so happy singing and dancing to the song. I always like dancing and singing. Mommy told me that she will enroll me to a summer class so I can start my workshop. Once I grow taller, I wanted to be a good singer.

 

Just then, I remember my assignment…

 

“I think I know what to draw now!” I clap in glee, thinking that Jingyo Oppa will be happy for me.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I carefully hold my folder as I push the doorbell of Lee’s Residence. I almost stayed late last night because I was busy sketching Chaerin’s assignment. She told me to help her draw about her ‘future’ self and me, being the smart boy, decided to accept the challenge with open arms. 

 

Now all I need is to pass it on her so she’ll put some color on their future…

 

“Jiyong-ah?” her mother kindly greeted me, “Looking for Seunghyun?”

 

“No Blueberry Omma. I’m looking for Chaerin. She’s asking for my help about her assignment.”

 

“Is that so? Come in! I thought you are going to the park with Seunghyun, since it’s a Saturday. I heard from your mother that you are training to become an idol?”

 

I shyly nod at her, “Yes Blueberry Omma,    

 

“That’s great Jiyong! Your mom must be so happy and proud of you! Aigoo, I hope Seunghyun will set you as an example. That kid loves nothing but to eat and gain weight!”

 

I chuckle at her rants. “Seunghyun Hyung loves to rap too.” I confess.

 

“Rap? You mean like those boys who sing faster than usual?” her eyes twinkle.

 

“Yes Blueberry Omma…”

 

“Really? Aigoo! That child is so secretive! I should have known. Anyway, just help yourself and go to Chaerinnie’s room. You know where to find that already, right? I’ll prepare something to eat for the both of you.

 

“Thanks Omma!”

 

 

 

 

“Strawberry?” I gently knock and push the door to her room. Once open, I find her lying flat on her stomach while scribbling on a pad. “Annyeong Rin Rin!”

 

“Oppa!” she rose from her position, grabs the pad she’s scribbling at a while ago and jumps excitedly. “I have a good news! I know what to draw now!”

 

“Ehh?” I glance at the folder I am holding. “But I already draw one for you…”

 

“Is that so Oppa?” she drops the pad on her pillow.

 

I nod at her, slightly disappointed because my effort got wasted, but curiosity kicks in me, “Chaerin-ah, what is your dream when you get older?”

 

“I want to wear white Oppa! With a beautiful veil on my head!” she squeakily answers and clasps her hands.

 

“Really?” My eyes twinkle in happiness because I thought Chaerin wants to wear a wedding dress and marry me in the future. ‘Seems like we both have the same dream!’

 

 

Chaerin happily nods and claps in glee, “I want to be a NUN!”

 

 

“Oh yea~ Wait—WHAT?!”

 

“I want to be a NUN! Just like in the movie!!!” she jumps down from her bed and grabs my hand.

 

“No you can’t!” I can’t help but burst out. My teacher in Religion class told us that Priests and Nuns can’t marry someone else because it’s forbidden. If Chaerin becomes a Nun in the future, that only means she can’t marry me anymore!

 

“Huh? Why can’t I?” Chaerin’s eyes went misty in disappointment. “Oppa, I wanted to be a Nun…” she insists and tug my hands.

 

“B…because…because…” I look left and right, don’t know what to reason out. “Be..Because…”

 

“Because what?!” she asks, obviously annoyed and wanted to cry now. “Why can’t I be a nun? Is it because I’m too short? Mommy said I’ll grow taller too once I have my period!”

 

My face reddens in embarrassment upon hearing her last statement. My older female cousins keep on talking about that P word so I know what Chaerin is talking about. “It’s not that…You can’t be a Nun bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter