Catching up.

Song For You

-Jinyoung’s POV-

I sighed as I look outside the window. I literally don’t have any inspiration to start a new single. I stood up and took my coat before fishing out my phone from my pocket. “Oh Jinyoung-ah.” I heard my manager’s voice right when I want to call him.

“Nice timing. I was about to call you.” I said as I slip my phone back into my pocket. “I was gonna tell you I’m going out… you know to find some inspiration.” I said as he laughed.

“Well you had a nice timing too. I was gonna tell you to start doing some single. The last track you made was sold to CUBE and BEAST literally like em. They said this melody match the current concept they have in mind.” He explained.

“Oh wow! That’s fantastic maybe I can hear them on the radio one day.” I said happily. I can’t help but smile.

“And get this, they offered you to work together with them in making their new album. You… will… be… famous!” He smirked. I couldn’t contain my feelings I just smiled and hugged him before laughing and ran out. I took out my phone and naturally I dialed Minjee’s number.

“Minjee, you got a minute? Wanna catch up that you owe me the other day?” I said as soon as we were connected. I heard her laugh before saying a yes. “Great! How about at the same coffee place?” She hummed a yes before bidding each other goodbyes.

I couldn’t help but smile. I skipped and hopped happily down the street till I reach the place. I smiled as Sandeul who was on shift greeted me. “Sandeul-ah you can’t believe what a good day today is!” I said as I hugged him.

“A free hug day? What’s up with you? You seem all happy and glowy… it’s so unlike you.” He commented which made me rolled my eyes at him.

“I told you it was a good day. Can’t you just be happy seeing me happy?” I countered as he laughed.

“Alright, alright but you owe me a story.” And as soon as he was finish Minjee walked in with that charming smile of her. “Jinyoung-hyung… it’s…”

“I know. I called her. We’re meeting each other.” I smiled as I waved at Minjee. “This is part of the good day feeling.” I smiled as Minjee approached us.

“Sandeul-ah, it’s good to see you!” She said as she gave him a hug. “Jinyoung, you’re looking extra… happy?” She questioned as Sandeul laugh.

“What is wrong with me being super happy?” I mean she’s the second person saying that. Is it so odd for me to be happy for once in a life time…? Well I was happy before till this whole trick thing that Sunhi pulled out.

“I told you it was unlike you…” Sandeul butts in. “You look fabulous as always Minjee, and it’s nice to see you too.” He smiled before bidding us goodbye as he wanted to continue working before getting scold by his manager.

“So what’s up?” She said as we took a seat on the far end corner of the room. “You seem like to have good news.” She added.

“Well, I guess. But it seems like you have the opposite?” I guessed which instantly made her smile into a sigh. I was guessing but it seems like that’s the case right now. She seems to have a hard time with life herself.

“How is it that you can see that?” I was shocked but somehow I can tell… when I was with her before I was more like an observant so it’s easy for me to tell what’s wrong just by looking at her facial expression.

“I guess it was a habit that I develop when we were together.” I said with a bitter smile which made her nodded her head. “You know you can tell me everything.” I said as I reach out to held her hand and she nodded.

“If I tell you what are the chances of you getting super jealous?” She somehow warned. I can tell this conversation is about her boyfriend Luhan and I am so not ready to hear this sort of things but… she needs a friend to talk to, a shoulder to cry on.

“I can see where this is leading but I can hold that in.” I said which made her sighed. “Hey, if you need someone to talk to, someone to just listen or maybe give advice I’m here. Whenever you need me just call.” I said as she nodded.

She ends up opening up to me. From how her brother is acting to how Luhan is. At some point of the conversation I do feel that sting of jealousy but hey, my emotion is just emotion. She’s upset and it’ll upset her more if I start grumbling over about how I’m feeling. Plus I’m the one who offered her to tell me this whole thing.

The conversation carried on till she was on verge of crying. I stood up and sat next to her as I embrace her in my arms. I’m a er when she’s sad. I just can’t hold it in. It does always have been my weakness. “It’ll be okay. For now why don’t you just tell your brother? He’s your brother he should know what to do and you are his sister, you should trust him more.” I gave her a smile as she wiped her tears.

“As for Luhan, if you love him tell him how you feel. How that you felt like you are left behind, as if things between you and him are nothing anymore.” I blurted out. I know it pains me to say it but I did it. It’s the least I can do for her.

“Thanks Jinyoung, I really appreciate it. I’ll do that later once I’m home.” She said and smiled at me. “So what about your story?” It seems like to me I don’t feel like telling now. She’s having a hard time and oh what the heck… Imma tell her she can guess it anyway.

“So, you know I work as a sort of song writer at the nearby studio so my recent song was taken by CUBE and they wanted me to make the whole album but I don’t know I’m still thinking.” I said as I took a sip of my drink.

“You should just accept it! I mean that’s the best opportunity.” She smiled and gave me a quick hug. “You should say yes!” She said with full excitement. “Plus you can gain more experience and get to meet AMAZING artist!”

“I guess so. I mean you’re right. I might not know when this kind of opportunity will come again.” I said making her nod her head.

“Exactly! Now stop being silly and call your boss that you are accepting that offer!” She said as I smiled.

“I’ll do it later.” I said and ruffled her hair. She smacked my hand and rolled her eyes at me as she fixed her hair. “Right, you hated that.”

“Right, and you love to do that.” She said as I laughed.

“You know it’s my habit.” She sneered and lightly punches my side.

“Goofing around with the kids a lot I see.” I smirked making her laugh. “How are the others apart from Sandeul?”

“They are all fine… Gongchan misses you.” I said as a small smile spread across her face. She and Gongchan are like brother and sister whenever they meet. I just didn’t expect Gongchan would do this to both of us. Well it wasn’t entirely his fault but he should know better looking at how nice Minjee is towards him.

“Tell him I said hi, and I miss him too.” She smiled as she ate her muffin. “Tell the rest that I said hi too… CNU and Baro… haven’t seen them in ages.”

“I’m sure they are happy to hear this and I know they miss you as much too.” I patted her back as she smiled sweetly at me. “But of course not as much as I miss you…” I trailed off which made her look down. “Sorry… that was supposed to be in my head…”

“It’s funny… cause… I kinda miss you too…” She said and gave me a quick peck on the cheek. “Thanks for today Jinyoung… so far this is the best day for the entire week!”

We ended up talking on some random thoughts I know Sandeul kept on looking our way and itching to in knowing how nosy he is but we just ignore him… She excused herself after getting a call from her brother and left. I left too and get back to writing and composing some songs after that. Minjee… I miss you…