Letting go.

Song For You

-Minjee’s POV-

I sighed and turned the knob to the living room slowly. It’s been days since I last talked to Xiumin. Luhan and I haven’t even got time to talk too. Well he’s been so busy with his work and of course setting dates for his parents to come.

Since Luhan was away and I barely got anything to do, besides sleeping, I decide to talk to Xiumin. I peeked in and saw him on his laptop probably surfing something on the net. “Oppa, are you busy?” I asked which made him look at me.

“Not at all,” was all he answered. I heard him sighed as I sat next to him. “You wanna talk?” His words seemed to be limited, ok more like restricted. As if he is not really eager to talk to me, unlike how it used to be.

I really don’t know how to put my feelings right now into words. It seems to be indescribable. “I love you…” I said with tears welled in my eyes. I can see it in his eyes he was surprised. A weak smiled formed on his face as he placed his laptop down and pulled me into a hug. “I’m sorry…” I said finally crying in his arms.

“Gwenchana… gwenchana…” He rubbed my back as I bawl in his embrace. His warm embrace… I never thought I missed it. It’s different from Luhan’s hug. It’s warmer… just like mom’s hug… “I’m sorry too.” He said and smiled as tears formed in his eyes.

“I know you’re a big girl now. You can make your own decision… I understand how you feel.” He said… my heart was shaking. It felt like it’ll break soon. “I am letting you… decide your future.” He said it… he’s letting me go… tears streamed down my cheeks as I can feel my heart shattered.

It was painful to him I can see it. His tears show how much it pained him to let me go. I never thought he’d say it. “Mwoah? What are you saying?” I said as I hoped he was just kidding… hoping that he would take it all back.

“I get it. You’re a grown girl. I shouldn’t even bother your life anymore.” My heart shattered even more at his words. “You decide on your own… I still love you as my little sister but I am accepting that you are now Luhan’s girl.” I won’t lie… I do not like what I hear.

He stood up leaving me in the living room alone. Tears wouldn’t stop streaming down my cheek like an endless rain… I never thought he’ll let me go. I never actually thought he’ll say it. Is he really giving up on me? Is he really gonna let Luhan ruled me over?

Maybe we were complaining too much, saying he wasn’t being fair treating me like a little kid. I like it when he gets jealous. I know why he is protective over me. I am used to it but I guess it’s hard for him when I am dating his best friend.

Seems like in their eyes Xiumin just doesn’t trust Luhan on me when I know that’s not the reason. I wouldn’t mind all his rules. It’s just that… AH I DON’T KNOW! I ruffled my hair and flopped down on the couch. I miss my brother… I miss talking to him comfortably. Seems like nowadays we just can’t open up to each other without either one of us bringing Luhan into the conversation and that’s when everything seems to be constrained.

It seems like everything change since Luhan and I starts to get into that serious boat to marriage land. It’s not that I am not happy about marrying Luhan but come on… I want a marriage where Xiumin can accept.

I want a relationship with the approval of my brother and the others. I mean I want everyone to be happy… OH DARN IT! I don’t even know anymore!

I ruffled my hair and sighed. “Noona, gwenchana?” I heard Sehun’s voice from the door. I look up and saw him there peeping with Kai behind him. “Is it ok if we come in?” He asked. I nodded my head and again sigh.

“Noona, is there anything bothering you?” Kai questioned which made me smile and shook my head.

“No, nothing at all.” I lied but it seems like it’s so untrue. My smile was so fake that they can see it through.

“Noona, I may not have any rights to say this but, do things that make you happy. Do things that make you smile, okay?” He said as he hugged me. “Lately I’ve been missing your smile, your sincere one that is.” He added shortly before releasing me from his hugs.

“We usually don’t have that ‘wise’ look but what we do know if something is troubling you, you can always talk to us. We might not help but can try to help as much as we can.” Sehun comforted as he gave me a pat at the back.

These two. It’s true, they might not have that ‘wise’ look but I always know I could count on them to make me feel better. I gave them a smile… might not be a happy one but it was the best I could. I stood up as I inhaled a deep breath.

I took out my phone and went to my room. Maybe I should meet up with Jinyoung… or maybe not…

I scrolled down trying to find his contact number when it hit me… I DON’T HAVE HIS NUMBER! Only he has mine! I gave my card few days ago and he still haven’t called or texted me! Maybe I am a fool. I mean I bet he’ll be on the other side laughing at me!

What am I? A stuck up girl?! He probably thinks that I regretted letting him go. Well it’s not that I like it he’s the one who broke up with me and I was the one suffering. I know, I know, it wasn’t his fault but come on. He could’ve do something and whatnot.

Oh whatever! Imma just starve myself and let my mind relax!

I sighed and look out the window. Maybe I should just sleep. That way I will well forget about this whole mess. Probably hope when I wake up it’ll be just a dream.