The Split

My Ghost Friend

Location: Home

Time: The Split, June 20, 2010

The tv was showing cartoons, I woke up on the couch from my afternoon nap. Stretching from one side to another,  I grabbed husky and entered the kitchen. I could hear voices coming from the kitchen.

I sat down on the floor and brought my ear to the door, trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Lately,you've been coming home late. I stay awake all night until morning wondering when your car is going to arrive. Where are you going so late at night?" I could hear my mom's frustrated voice ringing around the kitchen.

"It's none of your business okay. It's just that work has been getting stressful and I have a lot of things going on," my father's voice was even louder but more calm.

"Oh, so it's all just work right? What about Shelby? Who the is Shelby? And why are you getting calls from her!"

"You don't need to know who she is!"

"Oh my god! You're cheating on me!"

"So what if I am!"

"I want a divorce!"

"No, we're not getting a divorce! Think about our child!"

"If we're not getting a divorce then you have to get out of this house!"

I couldn't take it anymore. I pushed the door open, tears b at my eyes. 

I hugged my mom and dad bringing them closer to one another. My sobs and tears were never ending.

They both gave me excuses as to why my father has to leave the house.

He was gone the very next day, it was just me and my mom. I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye.

He's gone, I couldn't even see his face for the last time. He actually left the house. I hope he's safe.

My mom asked me to stay home from school, she left for work soon afterwards.

I was so sad. I made a blanket fort in the living room and tried to be as cheerful as I can by watching funny movies. But, it didn't work, I just pressed my face unto my pillow and cried my eyes out.

"Hey, don't cry. I'm right here," he started patting my back which made me cry even harder.

I turned my body to face him and hugged him. My tears were streaming down his chest.

Even he couldn't comfort me. Everything just didn't feel right. 

There inside the blanket fort, I fell asleep on Yoongi Oppa's shoulder. 

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Hello?" I asked through the door.

"Pam? It's me," my mom yelled. 

I hurriedly opened the door and she entered. 

"What happened to you?" She asked. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Your eyes are all red and puffy," 

I cried my eyes out and you don't even care about dad. 

I shrugged my shoulders at her and sat back inside the blanket fort.

Yoongi Oppa was still asleep. I shook him several times and yelled in his ear.

"Ahhhh!!!" I yelled in his ear. He abruptly stood up and rubbed his eyes.

"Pamela! Why are you yelling?" My mother called out.

"I was waking Oppa up," I yelled back.

"Seokjin's here?"

"What? No, I'm talking about Yoongi Oppa," I said.

"Who's that?" 

I grabbed Yoongi's arm and brought him to my mom. 

"Mom, this is Yoongi. Oppa, this is my mom," I introduced them. 

"Pam, are you ok?" My mom asked.

I raised my eyebrow at her and looked at her face. She was concerned.

"Uh... I'm fine. Why?" I asked.

"There's no one there," she pointed at Yoongi.

"Ha-ha, very funny mom. Now, you pretend not to see my friend," 

That's so rude to Oppa. What do you mean he's not there? I can see him with my own eyes.

I furrowed my brows at her and the look in her eyes were dead serious.

"I'm telling the truth. There's no one there!  Are you playing games with me?" She asked her voice going a pitch higher.

I looked at Yoongi, "Oppa she doesn't believe me, tell her! Introduce yourself or something."

"Hi! I'm Yoongi, a friend of Pamela's," he said.

I looked at my mom expecting to greet him back but she slowly backed away from me.

"Mom! Don't you think it's rude of you not to greet him?"

"I don't know what you're talking about! Um... honey why don't you spend some time at Seokjin Oppa's house. I'll call him to pick you up," she ran to the phone and dialed Jin's number.

"Yoongi Oppa, what is wrong with my mother?" 

"I don't know."

In a matter of seconds, the doorbell rang and I opened the door.

"Hey, Pam! You're mom?" He greeted.

"She's in the kitchen," I pointed at the direction and locked the door.

I went to my room and laid down down on the floor.

"Oppa, why couldn't mom see you?" I asked.

"I'm not sure either," Yoongi replied. 

Even if he's not here, I can still hear him.

 Jin Oppa knocked on my door and let himself in.

"What are you doing?" I asked. 

"Your mom wants you to spend time with me. C'mon now, let's go play at my house. Bring your pyjamas, " he said.

"Just search my drawers for pyjamas," 

Jin started rummaging through my drawers and carrying stuff that I'll be needing for the night.

I waved goodbye to my mother and went next door with Jin.

His parents weren't home yet. So, we played video games on their huge tv.

After like 4 out of 5 games of me winning, Jin oppa said that we had to eat dinner.

He went to kitchen and heated frozen pizza for us. I sat at the table and laid my head on the table.

"Why are we here Pamela?" Yoongi asked,  he was seating beside me all along.

"Mom doesn't want us there. She kinda freaked out I guess," I explained.

"Pam, why are you mumbling to yourself?" Jin asked, keeping an eye on the oven. 

"I'm not mumbling to myself, I'm talking to Yoongi Oppa," 

Jin turned around and looked at me. I pointed to the seat next to me.

"Yoongi Oppa? You still talk to him?" He cautiously asked. 

"Yeah, why? You see him right?" I asked.

"See him? Umm...." Jin paused for a long time before he nodded his head.

I immediately grinned at him and hugged Yoongi by the neck. Then, I hugged Jin by the waist.

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Is this story boring? I'm sorry if it is. I  try to make it interesting and make the plot up as I write it. Feedbacks please :D