The First Day

My Ghost Friend

Location: World Academy

Time: The First Day, September 15, 2016

I was walking with Jin to his car. The heavy pouring of rain outside shows my emotion. Sadness. 

"Hey, kid! Why so gloomy?" Jin said and made a derp face. I restrained from laughing.

"Aww, that used to work when you were younger," he told me and continued to make faces at me.

I bit my lip and averted my gaze away from him.

"Do I have to go? Can't we just tell mom that I went? Can we go to the mall instead?" I tried to compromise.

"No can do. We have to go to school," he firmly said.

You heard right. School! School! School! I left the Institution, only to be in ANOTHER Institution. My parents wanted me to go to that horrid place. I don't even want to go to school.

I entered the car and slumped into the seat. I put my seat belt on and wore my headphone. Jin the engine and started driving. I watched music videos in Jin's car. Then, BTS' Boy In Luv started playing.

🎵Wae nae mameul heundeuneun geonde🎵 

I moved along to the beat.

Jin tapped my shoulder. I took my headphone off and looked at him.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"What are you watching?" He asked.

"Boy In Luv," I replied.

He nodded but kept his eyes on the road.

"It's about these dudes who confess their feelings to this one girl. I wonder if there are cute guys in school," I said.

He cleared his throat, "You're not allowed to date, " he said.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Well, this is it," he gestured towards the school.

I groaned. 

"I don't want to go!" I whined.

I crossed my arms and planned to not move at all. Jin unbuckled my seat belt and left the car. He turned around to my side of the car, opened the door, and pulled me outside. I stared at the school, ignoring the looks of the students hurrying to enter the building. The rain was still pouring and I didn't bring an umbrella. At least I was wearing a hoodie.

Why the hell are they all staring anyways?

Jin sighed and forced me to look in his eyes.

"If you're that nervous, I could go with you to the office. I was a student here too, you know," 

I nodded and let Jin lead the way. Jin didn't bring an umbrella as well. He probably thought he wouldn't have to step out of the car while bringing me to school.

We entered this long corridor, the walls were painted red and gold, probably the school colours. Students were dressed in uniforms.

Man, that looks tacky. At leadt in the Instituion, we get to wear anything we want. I could get away with wearing pyjamas for a day, week, month, or year!

I loudly sighed, causing Jin to turn around.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Nothing. It's just that I don't feel well anymore and I want to go home," I whispered.

"You can't back out now! You've gotten this far, let's keep going," he said.

We kept walking straight and eventually turned right at the middle of corridor.

Jin knocked the door and the secretary greeted us.

"Hi! What can I do for you?" The secretary asked us.

I nudged Jin with my elbow, causing him to awkwardly step forward.

The secretary raised her eyebrow at him.

Time to cause trouble.

I cleared my throat, and both of them looked at me, expecting me to say something.

"Um, you see, my older brother here likes you. Miss....... Tamari," I said eyeing her name tag.

"He was a student here and he told me about his school life here. One containing about his crush on you," I explained.

The lady in her 30s blushed. 

! I should contain my laughter. Hehe, this is one of the best pranks ever!

I bit my lower lip and thought of 2 dudes battling each other, in the dark. Violent, I know. But, I have to resist laughing.

Miss Tamari looks so surprised, she kept on staring at Jin, making Jin blush even harder. This embarassment is nothing compared to the torture of going to school.

I laughed inwardly. He glared at me and awkwardly chuckled.

"Do we need to fill a form for enrollment?" He asked.

"Yes, also an ID of the child and an ID of the parents or guardian," Miss Tamari said.

"Is it okay for me to fill in the application? Her parents are at work, so I'm in charge of her," 

"No problem, just fill this form. I'll be taking Miss..." 

"Pamela," 

"Yes, Miss Pamela, if you would please follow me, " she said and started walking.

I hesitantly followed her. She dropped me off to the Principal's Office. 

Great! Am I in trouble?

She smiled at me and told me to enter.

"Welcome," a man appeared infront of my face, his voice was so loud I thought he was speaking into a mic.

I swear I was so close to beating him into a pulp. I must've looked pale because the Principal suddenly looked worried.

"So...Miss..."

"Pamela,"

"Pamela? I'll call you Pam. You okay with that?" He asked. 

"Uh, sure..." I replied.

I honestly didn't like the thought of a stranger calling me Pam. But, I couldn't say NO! And yell at his face.

"So, are you transferring to our beautiful school? Or did you come from a different country?" He asked so many questions, however I just stayed silent, I couldn't answer.

Freaking Jin! He better hurry with those forms!!

The door swung open, revealing Jin and Miss Tamari. Jin sat next to me and Miss Tamari handed the forms to the Principal and then left.

The Principal silently read the form.

"So, you were in a mental institute since you were 10. And, you haven't been going to school since then," he said.

I nodded.

"Will that affect the grade she'll be entering?" Jin asked.

"Fortunately no, I bet Pam here will be able to catch up with her studies and be able to make friends with her classmates," 

"Does that mean I'll be starting school tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yeah, welcome to the World Academy! I will assign you to your home room tomorrow morning. See you then!" The Principal said.

We left the school, and drove to the mall to get something to eat.

"Are you excited for school?" Jin mischievously asked. 

"Kill me!" I said.

"By the way, I'll remember that prank you pulled on me," he said and glared at me again. 

"What prank?" I innocently asked.

"Don't pretend. Oh, i forgot to tell you some good news Pam! I'll be going to school with you," he said.

"Well, !"

 

 

A/N: How was this chapter? Did any of you guys buy Dark and Wild? Whose photo card did you get? I got...... lol I'm not telling! Can you guess? :p