Introverted Love... The Other Way Around

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Before anything else, i would like to say that this story is dedicated to Ms. KATHY!!!! Thank you for inspiring me to have this story in mind. I made a lot of changes though. I hope you won't get mad about it. Again, thank you for giving me inspiration on this!!!:))

 

as I've said, this isn't really a sequel. It has a parallel story to 'Introverted Love.' But in here, it's the guy who likes the girl..

 

****************************************************

 

 

Created: 9/23/’11

 

 

 

So Min

I stared blankly at my friend, Shin Rae.

 

“Are you kidding me?” I asked her.

 

“Of course, not! I’m perfectly serious! Please, So Min, dear! Talk to him!”

 

Oh, how can I ever resist those pleading eyes of hers? I let out a deep sigh as a sign of my defeat.

 

“Fine! What will I say?”

 

I can now see Shin Rae’s famous grin. I hate this. I always end up obeying her. I’m really weak when it comes to her. She’s the only friend of mine who could treat me like her own robot.

 

“The usual,” she told me before pushing me towards the man who was slowly approaching us with a wide smile on his face.

 

“Excuse me,” he told me as I practically blocked his way towards Shin Rae.

 

“Hi, uhm, I don’t think Shin Rae can do it this time. She, I mean, we are kind of busy as of the moment,” I told him nervously.

 

I can see the wide smile turn into a blank expression. Oh, how I pity him. I know how much he likes Shin Rae. Not that I know exactly how much, just that I am a witness to all his hardships to win her heart.

I don’t know if Shin Rae really doesn’t like him or what. She doesn’t tell me anything about it. She just asks me to talk to him and tell her she’s busy, or she’s not available, or…

Whatever. It’s obvious that she just wants to avoid him. I don’t understand why because he seems to be a nice guy. Well, that I couldn’t really say because I just talk to him for Shin Rae, no more, no less.  But if fate gives me a chance, I would like to know him more so that I, myself can tell if he really is suitable for my precious friend.

He simply nodded at me after I said the last line, Shin Rae’s usual reason for not talking to him, ‘She’s busy.’

He smiled weakly and walked away.

Now, I can say that I really pity him. I don’t do that to my suitors. Gosh! Dream on, Jung So Min! As if you have one.

Hey! Don’t judge me! I had suitors before! But my parents said that I’m too young and I agree with them. I don’t think I can handle a serious relationship in my 22 years of existence. Maybe after I graduate or when I’m already settled.

Aish! What’s all these thoughts all about? Your everyday mission has been accomplished! Now, go back to studying, Jung So Min!

 

Hyun Joong

Wow! That was another tough approach. I thought Go Shin Rae would finally have the courage to face me, but as always, I was wrong. That Jung So Min girl was still the one who talked to me. Well, I don’t blame her. She’s just being a nice friend. But somehow, I pity her. She has to talk to someone like me whom she barely knows just to satisfy her friend’s wish. If I have a friend like her, I would be one of the most grateful persons in the world.

*sigh* What’s this all about? Why am I shifting my attention to her? I must find a way to persuade Shin Rae to talk to me. I don’t know what it is that she did to me. It’s just that, I get too excited whenever I see her. I didn’t pay much attention to it until my friends told me that I like her. That’s the time when I finally asked myself. Do I really like her?

I’ll tell you a little secret, I don’t have any idea yet. I barely know her. I still have to make sure and the only way I see for it to happen is to have a private talk with her, which probably won’t happen anytime soon, especially with the way she treats me.

*another sigh* I guess, that would be it for now. I need to breathe some fresh air to lighten up my mind and the best spot to do that, of course, the rooftop.

I immediately ran upstairs. I know that it’s still class hours for all the students, so no one should be there for now. But then, my intuitions were wrong. There’s someone in here and she is…

“Jung So Min?” the lady turned around with a surprised look on her face as she recognized who I was.

 

She instantly stood up and bowed to me. “I’m sorry, I’m leaving now.”

 

That’s good. I actually want to be alone, so you better leave now. But I don’t know what came up to my senses when I grabbed her arm just when she passed by me.

 

“What the..?!” she yelped.

 

“I’m sorry!” I told her as I let go of her arm. Damn! What was I thinking? Please, mouth, don’t let me down.

 

“I was wondering if you could stay here with me for a bit? If you don’t mind.”

 

WHAT?! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY, MOUTH?! I BEGGED YOU NOT TO LET ME DOWN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!

So Min smiled at me. This is the first time I saw her smiling. I didn’t know she’s that pretty if you take a closer look. Her smooth, silky skin perfectly fits her petite body and her small waist was perfectly curved…

Darn it! What are you doing, brain? What are you thinking? Seriously, why do my senses don’t seem to follow me this time.

She made her way back to where she was sitting before I showed up. I followed her and sat beside her.

 

“I’m sorry for the way Shin Rae has been treating you. She’s not that bad. I think she has to make up her mind on this. I hope you can still bear with her.”

 

I looked at her in surprise. I seriously forgot about Go Shin Rae at that moment when I was beside her. Yes, I forgot about the girl who just invaded my mind these past few days. And who made me forget her? It’s the girl sitting beside me right now.

 

“No worries. I honestly don’t want to talk about it now,” I replied. “I came here to have some fresh air,” I added as I look away.

 

“Should I leave now? I feel like I’m intruding your most wanted time alone.”

 

“No, I want you to stay. It’s not like I own this place. Besides, you were the first one to be here before I did.”

 

“What should I stay here for when you said you don’t want to talk about Shin Rae?”

 

Yeah, she’s right. Why do I want her to stay anyway?

 

“Uhm.. “ was all I could say as I couldn’t find the right words to tell her. “I just want to have some company. I’m sick of all my friends’ bugging about Shin Rae.”

 

There. I said it and it’s true.

 

“But I’m Shin Rae’s friend. Don’t you think I would be harsher than your friends?”

 

Of course, you would be, little miss. But I don’t know what gave me the urge to let you stay here with me.

 

“Let’s just talk about random things and not about her,” I said and smiled at her. She smiled back to me. Oh gosh! I told you she’s so pretty when she smiles.

 

Okay, self, calm down. Heart, please stop beating wildly. And brain, please scratch that naughty thoughts of yours. Body, will you coordinate with me, please? Just this once, listen to me.

Just like what I’ve told her, we talked about random things about ourselves. I didn’t know she has this cute side of her because whenever she talks to me, there’s only one line that comes out from – ‘Shin Rae is busy as of the moment.’

See how good I am? I even memorized it. I could be the one to say it for her the next time she approaches me.

 

 

**************************************************

 

 

So Min

It’s almost Christmas now. Weeks have passed and Kim Hyun Joong still hasn’t done his moves to win Shin Rae’s heart. I wonder what he’s up to this time. Since the talk we had on the rooftop, we decided to become friends. Not just because of some mission that I have to accomplish every day, but friends as in friends. I told Shin Rae about this and she told me that there’s no problem with her since she doesn’t like him at all. It’s a relief for me knowing that Shin Rae is ok about me being friends with the guy she always avoids. But Kim Hyun Joong’s actions towards her became lamer as days passed by. We don’t talk about her when we’re together because he said he doesn’t want to.

There’s one more thing that I’ve noticed. His words for me get sweeter every time we talk to each other, whether it’s through text, online, or personal. I’m really confused right now. Author, can you like clear things up for me, please?

I told this to my mom. Don’t ask me why I did so, I just have to share this, ok? It would be hard if I just keep this to myself. Oh, let me correct myself there. Of course, you readers know about this and I know you’re more than willing to help me, but how can you talk to me? *sigh* Just ask the psychotic author.

Anyway, going back to what I’m saying, my mom’s eyes were sparkling as I was telling her the whole story.

 

“Sleep now, daughter. Thanks for sharing these things to me. I just came into one final statement. The guy likes you and you like him, too,” that was all she said before smiling and finally closing my room’s door.

 

I was left there with more confusion than I have before. Good job, mom. You really are my mom.

I walked to my window and stared at that stars that were shining brightly on the night sky. Is this the feeling of being in l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter