Forecast

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Created: 1/6/'12

 

 

 

 

 

So Min

“As for this line…” I waited for the fortune-teller to continue what he was saying about my chosen path.

 

“…it is continuous despite this line blocking it across.”

 

“Which means?” I impatiently asked.

 

“Which means you’ll succeed to whatever career you’ve chosen. There’s no doubt about that.”

 

Hmm… I know that already. I wouldn’t choose the business industry in the first place if I hadn’t known. Thank you for reassuring that to me. Now the next part…

 

“Let’s proceed to the grand finale, about your love life…”

 

He looked at the lines on my palm again.

 

“Well, let’s see…”

 

Aish! Why does he love to increase the tension I feel?

 

“This line here…” he pointed to another little line on my palm.

 

He can still see those lines? Me? I just ignore them on my hands. Why would I bother look for them anyway? If I knew those lines have something to do with my future, then I would have studied palm reading a long time ago.

 

“..it shows that…”

 

I can feel that my heartbeat was also getting impatient as I stared at ‘my protector’ who was listening to the whole process behind the fortune-teller ahjussi.

 

“You have someone you love already. Hmm.. What else? He loves you dearly. But confession is the only thing missing between the two of you.”

 

I can’t help but smile until my lips reached my eyes. I knew it! I knew it was him.

 

“Thank you, mister! Here’s the payment!”

 

I immediately stood up and turned around. “Oh, oppa! I forgot that you’re also here! I’m going now!”

 

I ran outside the tent.

 

“Wait!” I heard Hyun Joong oppa called me.

 

I turned around for a bit. "What?”

 

“Where are you going?” he asked.

 

I sighed and glared at him. “Don’t pretend like you didn’t hear anything. Confession. That’s the only thing lacking. So I gotta go to him now and reveal everything. He loves me, dearly, remember?”

 

I began running again. “See you tomorrow!!!” I shouted when the distance was still bearable for him to hear me.

 

 

*****************************************

 

 

Hyun Joong

I just stared at her thinning stature after shouting at me. *sighs*

 

After hearing those words from the fortune-teller, all she had on mind was him. Han Seuk Dong. Her long time crush since high school.

 

Honestly, when I heard what the ahjussi said a while ago, I would believe that he was referring to me.

 

He loves you dearly. But confession is the only thing missing between the two of you.

 

This really fits me. I love her dearly. But I think confessing isn’t found in my dictionary yet. That’s because I’m afraid. Afraid of being rejected, especially that I know how she fantasizes over Han Seuk Dong. Then the line you have someone you love already made me think that maybe it’s not really me. She doesn’t even notice my feelings for her, so how could she think that someone she loves already is me? All she sees in me is her protector.

 

Well, I couldn’t blame her for that because that’s exactly how I met her. Poor human being bullied by a guy, whom she accidentally bumped with her bicycle. Everything was an accident. But the guy overacted for some not-so-serious abrasion he acquired. What So Min got was even more serious than what he did.

 

She had a deep cut on her right knee because she immediately lowered her leg when the stupid guy suddenly showed up in front of her. In my point of view, it was actually the guy’s fault. I saw everything but he still had the guts to scold her despite the fact that she said sorry a thousand times while taking in the pain from her wound.

 

That’s when I came into the scene. When the guy was about to hit her. What guy would dare hit an innocent high school student over some little accident that didn’t even cause him much hurt? Is he a gay? Oh, forget about it. That tramp deserved his lessons well.

 

“Excuse me, mister?” I know this voice.

 

“Yes?” I turned around and yeah, I told you, I know the voice. It was the palm-reader ahjussi.

 

“Your friend ran fast and I wasn’t able to tell her the continuation of my readings. Can you just tell her?” he asked tersely.

 

“Sure,” I replied.

 

What he said made me doubt my thoughts earlier. Maybe my hopes of winning her could come back because of this. Maybe I was right when I thought it was me. But how could I make sure if she’s out there right now, probably telling Seuk Dong how she feels? Argh! This is confusing.

 

“Thank you, sir,” the ahjussi offered his hand for a handshake, which I gladly took.

 

He glanced at our linked hands and opened my palms for a while.

 

“As a reward for you kindness and patience, sir, I will read your love life for free.”

 

This was a surprise I never saw coming. Of course, it wouldn’t be called a surprise if I knew it was coming, right? I haven’t experienced predicting about the future. My future, to be precise.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter