Introverted Love

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Created: 9/20/’11

 

 

So Min

I’m on my way to the school cafeteria. I’m so exhausted. That stupid Anatomy class really pissed me off. Aish! I didn’t know it was this hard being in a medical school. Of course, I didn’t know, because if I did, I wouldn’t be here at all.

Good thing I have a friend with me, Go Shin Rae. She’s fun to be with. Her jokes are all corny, but at least I’m always there to laugh at them so that my dearest friend would be saved from all the death glares that she receives from the people. I’m a very nice friend, am I not?

Oh, and speaking of friends, here comes another one, Kim Hyun Joong. I don’t know if he considers me as his friend, but me, I’ve already included him on my “buddy list” the moment he allowed me to talk to him. Yes, you’ve read it right. I said the moment HE ALLOWED ME TO TALK TO HIM. It’s like any person should ask permission first before he would interact with them. Wanna know why? Let’s just say that if the administrator of Guinness Book of World Records decides to hold a contest for the most introvert person in the whole wide world, Kim Hyun Joong would surely take home the crown, and the whole Korea would be very proud, cheering for him.

Anyway, aside from being an introvert, he’s also the ultimate crush of Shin Rae. I don’t understand why on earth did she choose him to be her inspiration. And did I mention that I now have the access of talking to him? Oh yes, there, I saw it above. Because of that, of course, the ever crazy Shin Rae wants me to help her be together with him. I know more than anyone else that what she wants me to do is way more difficult than taking my final exams. But like what I’ve told you earlier, I’m a very nice friend, so I decided to give it a try. After all, he’s not a bad guy.

 

Hyun Joong

I’m on my way to the cafeteria. YES!! It’s lunch time again. I looked up and moved my neck from side to side to refresh my bones in it. I’ve been sitting and listening to the boring professors for the past five hours. I really hate studying, but what can I do? I need to have a future, you know. Don’t get me wrong, I hate studying, but I don’t hate going to school. Weird, am I not? At first, of course I hated school, especially college. It’s like a living hell for me. I’ve been drowning myself with my lessons for my past two years in here, that’s why I began to pay less attention to my social life. I didn’t know much studying could catch my attention in an instant. Now, I’m being called an introvert. It’s ok, people, call me that if you want. It’s better for me because I don’t need distractions on my studies.

Speaking of distractions, here comes another one. Jung So Min. I only let her talk to me because we were partners on the team level of a quiz bee event during the Science month last month. That brat surely got the brains. Back then, she knew the answer to the questions for the second year level, she’s only a freshman. I wasn’t like that when I was a freshman. I don’t know how she knew it, but she really did amuse me. I guess people who enter this school are all smart. Of course, those people include me. The only difference is that, they have their own social life, while me, I’m contented being alone. My parents are currently processing some business abroad, so it’s always “hello myself” for me.

Well, going back to Jung So Min, she also got the mouth. Whenever she sees me, she will ask me about she-who-I-don’t-even-remember-the-name. I don’t know why she asks me about her. Damn, I don’t even know this girl. How can I describe her or say something about her?

Oh, here she comes. She’s smiling. Oh gosh! I don’t know why my heart always skips a beat whenever I see that smile. She’s coming closer. I will bet for 100,000 won that when she reaches me here, the first thing that would come out of is…

 

“Hey! What can you say about Shin Rae?”

 

See? I told you that’s what she’s going to say. Now, give me my 100,000 won! Yeah! I have my lunch money now.

 

“I thought that Shin Rae girl is your friend, so why are you asking me about her when I’m not her friend?” I answered her.

 

I can now see the trademark pout slowly forming on her face. She’s so adorable when she does that. How cute can she get? Oh crap! What am I thinking? Gosh, this is awkward. I better leave this place before something crazy crosses my mind again. Well, not the place as a whole, it’s also my school, you know. What I’m talking about is this place in front of her.

 

“Bye! See you!” I immediately told her and walked off.

 

Now, I know based on her expression that she’s really irritated. She must be thinking of what she’s going to tell her friend later. Sorry, fella! But I need to get away from you before my heart makes its way out of my chest.

 

 

***********************************

 

 

So Min

I’m here sitting on a bench outside the school building. It’s my first time skipping classes. Shin Rae has been persuading me to do this, but I really don’t want to do it with her. Now, I’m doing it all by myself. I just want to be alone. I need to think.

Wait, think about what? Well, as you may want to know, it’s been months now since I’ve last talked to Kim Hyun Joong. I was really irritated. Not because of how he acted towards me, but because of Shin Rae’s unending speech about the matter. Is it my fault that the guy she likes doesn’t like her back? I’m trying to be the nice friend here. Why do I always get all the negative feedbacks instead? *sigh* This thing has been bugging me ever since our last encounter. It’s not his fault either.

I hope that Kim Hyun Joong could show himself anytime. I have to apologize for bugging him about Shin Rae. I want to see him. I want to hear his voice. I want to see the annoyance on his face when I ask him what he thinks about Shin Rae. I want to about it. I want to…

Am I missing him?

Oh no! This can’t be happening! I don’t like him, do I?

 

“Hi.”

 

Who is it? You’re skipping classes as well? How great of you. Better get ready, I’m going to punch you!! I looked up to the owner of the voice who just destroyed all my wild thinking. To my surprise, it was…

 

“I just want to tell you something, if you may allow.”

 

Please dear readers, wake me up! Tell me I’m dreaming right now. Slap me! Pinch me! Do whatever you want just to wake me up!

I stared on his eyes as I realized that he is true. So I’m not dreaming at all?

This is great. Moments ago, I was just thinking about missing him. Now, he suddenly shows up to tell me that he wants to tell me something. Oh my! Why does my heart keep on bumping loudly against my chest wall? I hope Kim Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter