My Heart Does

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Created: 8/7/'11

 

 

"What?! Where is she?" He suddenly yelled in the middle of their meeeting. He was talking to someone on his phone. He immediately stood up and walked out of the conference room.

 

"Tell the investors that this meeting will be rescheduled," he ordered his secretary.

 

"But sir, the meeting has started. They are all wondering why you suddenly walked out."

 

"It's an emergency," he replied with an odd look on his face. "My life depends on it," he added before heading to the elevator to go down.

 

 

**********************************

 

 

"Sir, I'm sorry. But you can't go inside!" the nurse told him.

 

"Where is she? I'm her husband for crying out loud! I want to see her!" he shouted at her. He didn't care if there were people looking at him. It was his wife they were talking about. She's the one he chose to be with the rest of his life. She's the one he loves so much. She's his everything. She's his life and he doesn't know what would happen to him if anything goes wrong with her. He couldn't imagine it. He probably would go insane.

 

"Excuse me, sir, what's your relationship with the patient?" a doctor's voice interrupted his thoughts.

 

"I am her husband," he answered. "How is she? Please, tell me she's all right."

 

The doctor sighed and looked down before looking back at him. "She's all right now. She's sleeping in her room."

 

He could feel his heartbeat become slower upon hearing the doctor's statement.

 

"But sir..." the doctor talked again.

 

He looked up to him waiting for what he was going to say.

 

"... she had a major brain injury. Her hippocampus was greatly affected and..."

 

"And where is this going? Just go sraight to the point! God damn it!" he said annoyed.

 

"She would be suffering from amnesia. The damage was pretty huge and we couldn't predict when she would regain her memory, or if she would be able to regain it at all."

 

He was shocked from what the doctor had said. She would be suffering from amnesia. She wouldn't remember her friends. She wouldn't remember her family. She wouldn't remember herself. She wouldn't remember anything. She wouldn't remember HIM.

He wasn't able to speak. He just stood there looking at the doctor's face.

 

"Well, that's all I have to say for now, sir. If you need anything, just ask from the nurse's station," the doctor said.

 

He didn't say anything. He just nodded at him.

 

 

********************************

 

 

He entered her room and sat beside her. He reached for her hands and held it tightly. Tears began to roll out of his eyes. This was what he's been doing ever since the incident happened. It has been two weeks yet, she still hasn't woke up.

He got the information from the witnesses. She was on her way home from the supermarket. A child came running down the street when a car suddenly appeared in front of him. The little boy was just too shocked for the fast car approaching him. Luckily, So Min was faster and before the people knew it, she had pushed the child aside and she was the one hit by the car. The impact of the car and the ground (when she fell) on her was just too much for her body to handle. Knowing all this, he somehow felt proud for being the husband of such a kindhearted lady. But it was not enough to conquer all the pain and sadness the accident had caused him.

 

"Hey.." a voice softly called him. He looked down on her to see if he was dreaming again. His eyes widened when he saw her eyes looking up to him.

 

"So Min! Thank God, you're finally awake!" he shrieked out from his position.

 

She stared at him for a moment with all the confusion contained in her eyes. "So Min is my name?" she asked. "Who... who are you?"

 

His smile faded when he heard her question. His heart was filled with so much joy that he almost forgot her condition.

 

 

****************************************

 

 

She stayed in their bedroom for the whole day when he was at work. She had been staying there for almost two months now since she was discharged from the hospital. She still couldn't believe everything that has happened. She couldn't even remember anything about herself. And now, she even has a husband. She was frustrated. How could she be married at such a young age. Everything was just confusing. But although she was doubting, she still treated him nicely. After all, they were living under the same roof.

 

 

***********************************

 

 

"I'm sorry, sir. But I don't think her memory would come back anymore," the doctor told him with a sad expression on his face.

 

"What

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter