Looking For You

Just One Shots ~ HyunMin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Created: 9/14/’11

 

 

“Bro!” Ha Jong shouted.

 

“Hi!” Kim Hyun Joong replied as he approached his best friend.

 

“What’s up, bro? Have any girls for tonight?” he asked him again.

 

“Nope. My mother told me to come home early for my little brother’s birthday,” he replied with disappointment.

 

“I see. Then we’ll hang out tomorrow night then?”

 

“Sounds good.”

 

They started walking towards their school building.

 

 

*****************************

 

 

“So Min!” Young Ran shouted as she approached her best friend.

 

“Hi Youngie! How have you been?” she asked her and flashed a weak smile.

 

“Are you okay?” her only best friend asked.

 

“I’m fine, Young Ran, don’t worry.”

 

“Okay. Let’s go!” Young Ran said happily while locking her arms with hers. They also began walking towards the building.

 

Truth was So Min was not really fine. Just this morning, she received a call from her aunt in the province. Her dad’s health was not going too well. She was thinking of getting out of school and going home in the province so that she could take care of her father. She misses him so much. But the rules of her scholarship wouldn’t allow her to do so. It was a big deal for her. When she accepted the scholarship, everything enclosed to it was to be followed. She was given a room in the school’s dormitory. She even receives monthly allowance. The only consequence was maintenance of high grades, which she can do without putting much effort. But her dad’s health was another issue. If only she could spend her monthly allowance for her father, but unfortunately, she can’t.

 

‘I have to find another way of making money. I want to see my dad so bad.’  So Min thought while they were in the middle of their class. When the bell suddenly rang, she quickly stood up and walked out of the room without even saying goodbye to her best friend.

 

 

*****************************

 

 

While walking outside the building, Ha Jong’s eyes caught a beautiful figure walking out of the other building. His eyes followed the image that seemed to be a goddess.

 

“Bro! Did you see that?” He asked Hyun Joong who was walking beside him. But to his surprise, Hyun Joong was already looking at the girl. Suddenly, a smirk formed from the corner of his lips.

 

“I don’t think I’ve seen her before.” He replied.

 

“You can’t do it now, bro. Remember your mom?”

 

“Oh crap. I’ll wait for tomorrow then.”

 

 

*****************************

 

 

So Min entered the school gate with a sign of frustration on her face. She wasn’t able to find ways of earning money the day before. She wasn’t able to sleep all night. She kept on thinking about her father.

 

“Hi!” a man’s voice made her mind come back to reality.

 

“Hi. Uhm, what can I do for you?” she asked him and caught eyes with another man standing before her. His face was kind of familiar for her.

 

“I’m Ha Jong, by the way. Yoon Ha Jong. And this is my bestfriend, Kim Hyun Joong.”

 

Then there it was. Her heart began beating fast. This man was known to be the famous playboy in this university. ‘I couldn’t be his new prospect, could I?’  her mind asked her.

 

“Can we know your name, miss?” Ha Jong asked her again.

 

So Min stood up straight even though her whole body was shaking.

 

“I’m sorry, but my name isn’t priceless.” She replied with confidence. She didn’t want to argue with them but she didn’t want to give in as well.

 

Hyun Joong was surprised by her answer. No one, especially girls, ever treated him that way. No one dared talk to him with that tone.

 

“Now, if you don’t have anything to say, I still have some important matters to attend to.” So Min told them and walked away. Her heart was still beating fast.

 

Hyun Joong and Ha Jong were left there both in shock. They couldn’t believe someone had the nerves to treat them that way.

 

Hyun Joong’s mind seemed to be occupied for the rest of the day. ‘I’m sorry but my name isn’t priceless… Just one line and it made my whole day worthless.’ He thought to himself. He told his best friend to go home first because he was not in the mood to hang out tonight. Just when he was about to walk out of the building, he saw So Min walking towards the school gate. An evil plan suddenly came to his mind. He ran towards her direction.

 

So Min was shocked when she saw Hyun Joong standing in front of her breathing heavily. Her heart started beating fast again. It was almost 8 in the evening and no one could tell what Hyun Joong might do to her.

 

“What do you want?” she asked him, not wanting to show her fear.

 

“I want to ask your name. Don’t worry, I’ll pay as much as you want.” He said with arrogance.

 

So Min looked up to him. She was thinking that by just telling her name, she would have money and she could go to the province for her father.

 

“And then what?” she asked again.

 

Hyun Joong grinned before answering. “’If you consider hanging out with me, the price would be worth a million.”

 

So Min couldn’t believe it. It’s more like selling her whole being to him just to fulfill her desire to be with her father again. Her body trembled more. She bit her lips to stop the tears from coming out.

 

“Think about it. I’ll ask you again tomorrow.” Hyun Joong said and began walking out of the university.

 

After going back to her dorm, So Min couldn’t sleep. She wanted the money but she didn’t want to sell her body. She was thinking of giving up h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter