Chapter 6

You Are the One My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ah Hyukjae, wasseo?” Sora says as Hyukjae comes in to the studio. “I thought you weren’t coming until 12.”

 

“I thought so too, but the meeting ended early. Where’s Jae Mi?” He says looking around for Jae Mi.

 

“She’s in the practice room.” She replies. “Go check for yourself.” She says with a smile.

 

“Ah, geure.” Hyuk walks down  the hall and peers through the window before entering and sees that Jae Mi is dancing with someone in the room. He opens the door to see who it is.

 

In the middle of the dance Jae Mi hears the door open and turns to see her Appa. “Appa!” BoA stops as well and turns to see Jae Mi heading towards the door where Hyuk  is.

 

“Jae Mi.” He catches her and picks her up. “Who were you dancing with?”

 

“Appa it’s BoA Unnie.” She says excitedly.

 

Hyuk hadn’t caught a glimpse of the other person and looks up to confirm that it was indeed BoA.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” BoA bows.

 

“A-annyeonghaseyo.” He stumbles on his words.

 

“She really came.” Jae Mi tells her Appa. Hyuk nods; he is still a bit star struck. It was his first time seeing BoA, his celebrity crush since grade school; it was like a dream for him.

 

Hyuk walks over to greet her formally but is unable to say anything. Jae Mi just laughs and introduces her Appa for him instead. “BoA unnie this is my Appa. Lee Hyukjae.”

 

BoA just smiles, “Annyeonghaseyo. Jae Mi mentioned a little bit about you earlier.”

 

“Ah, ye. Annyeonghaseyo, Lee Hyukjae imnida.” Hyukjae finally says causing both Jae Mi and BoA to laugh at his nervousness.

 

“Appa. BoA unnie received my present. Remember I gave it to her manager. And you said he wasn’t her manager but a strange ajusshi.” Jae Mi says.

 

“Ye, I did receive Jae Mi’s present that day and I saw the video letter she recorded with Sora-ssi. I had my manager find this place after seeing the video.” BoA explains.

 

“BoA unnie, Appa is a big fan of yours. ” Jae Mi says.

 

“Ah really?” BoA looks at HyukJae to confirm.

 

“Ah, ye. Ever since you debuted. I’ve been an avid fan.” He says bowing his head like a nervous fanboy.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” BoA says bowing her head.

 

“A-ani.” Hyuk bows back.

 

“BoA unnie, Appa is also a dancer.” Jae Mi says.

 

“Really?” BoA looks over at Hyuk who wavers.

 

“Ani, I’m not that good.” He says.

 

“Ani, Appa you even teach the later class.” Jae Mi says.

 

“Ah so you’re a dance teacher? You must be good then.” BoA says. “Can you show us?” Hyuk hesitates; however Jae Mi goes to the computer and plays a Michael Jackson remix. When the music comes on Hyuk has no choice but to dance.


“Go Appa!” Jae Mi Cheers. Hyuk gets in to position and starts to dance to Michael Jackson’s Billie Jean does the moonwalk and later transitions to Dangerous.

(not very good with explaining dance moves so here’s a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES9lIwmnp2M )

 

 

When Hyuk finishes off with the famous Michael Jackson pose he receives cheers from both BoA and Jae Mi.

 

“I’m not that good huh?” BoA teases Hyuk.

 

“Appa is too modest.” Jae Mi interjects. “Appa taught me how to dance my first song from you. No. 1.”

 

“Really? Can you both show me?” BoA asks.

 

“Ne!” Jae Mi run to the computer to play the song and they get into place. They danced and talked for the rest of the time BoA had left for the dance studio until they were kicked out by Sora.

 

***

“BoA Unnie, do you want to have lunch with us?” Jae Mi asks as they walk downtown. “Appa is a great cook. Right Appa?”

 

“Jae Mi I don’t think BoA has time. She might be busy with work.” Hyuk says. Jae Mi looks down with disappointment; she really wanted BoA to come home with them.

 

“Actually, my schedule is free today for Jae Mi.” BoA says.She looks at Hyuk and teases him, “ Are you not confident in your cooking?”

 

“Ani,” Hyuk says looking back at her; they both laugh.

 

“So can BoA unnie join us for lunch?” Jae Mi asks.

 

“Yeah let’s go.” Hyuk says.

 

“Appa I want to walk. Can you put me down?” Jae Mi asks and Hyuk looks at her confused because he usually carried her when they walked home, but Hyuk complies and puts her down. As soon as Hyuk puts her down, Jae Mi holds BoA’s hand on her left and holds Hyuk’s hand on her right. “Kaja!” She says smiling happily.

 

Hyuk and BoA look at eachother and just laugh. They followed Jae Mi’s lead and walked to their house.

 

When they got there Hyuk got right to cooking. For today’s Menu Hyuk decided to cook Gomtang, a beef brisket and tripe soup. Hyuk loved to cook; He often cooked for Hye Mi when they were dating. When Jae Mi was born, Hyuk started to work more to cover expenses while Hye Mi stayed home, cooked and took care of Jae Mi. It’s been awhile, So Hyuk’s cooking skills was still a bit rusty. However, he’s cooking more now.

 

“Unnie, come see this; it is mine and my Omma’s collection.” Jae Mi showed BoA her CD collection of BoA’s Albums in a display

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter