Chapter 1

You Are the One My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Here you go the first chapter, thanks for waiting patiently. I see some of you have already subbed thank you ;)

It had already been a year since Hye Mi left the earth. Although it had been a year since then, he couldn’t bring himself to let her go nor was he ready to tell his 4 year-old daughter—Jae Mi—that her mom was actually dead and not in Paris working. How was he supposed to tell her? A father doesn't just wake his child one morning and tell her that her mother is dead. He didn’t think she was ready to know the truth. Or was it because he wasn’t ready to say it aloud? Whatever that reason was, there was one thing Hyuk did know and that was it wasn’t the right time. Not yet.

 

It was Thursday, and today he didn’t need to come to work because he was able to do the work at home this time. Hyuk had the arrangemnet to work from home—at least until Jae Mi was old enough to go to school. He didn’t want to put her in daycare because with her mom gone he wanted to make sure Jae Mi knew she was loved.

 

“Appa.” Jae Mi came into the room. “Appa cha?” She whispered and the response she received was quiet snores. The night before, Hyuk Jae stayed up until 4AM to finish the business proposal he had to turn in to his boss later in the evening. “Appa?” Jae Mi climbed up the bed and whispered in his ears, “Appa cha?” It was already 8AM and usually they started their day at around that time.

 

At the sound of the sorft voice, Hyuk knew it was Jae Mi. He chuckled a little and nodded his eyes still closed. “Mhm.”

 

“Appa, Beh gopah.” Jae Mi says in her cute little voice as she climbs over her Appa and cups his cheeks. “ Bhap jom joosehyo.” She says her stomach had been growling since she woke up. She gave her Appa a peck on the lips in hopes that he’d wake up like the ones in her fairytale books. 

 

Hyuk slowly sits up and smiles at his baby girl. She looked more and more like her mother everyday. “Arasso. What should we have today?”

 

“Omurice!”  Jae Mi smiled big.

 

“Omurice? We had that yesterday.” He chuckled.

 

“Appa’s Omurice is choego!” she says giggling. “It tastes like Omma’s cooking.”

 

“Omurice then.” He says, “But first let’s wash up.”

 

***

 

It was 8AM and BoA had an early dance practice. She was going through a last practice run for her latest Japanese single “Masayume Chasing” and later would practice for her upcoming Japanese Tour. It was a busy month for her.

 

“Ok let’s take five.”  Rino Nakasone, the choreographer for this dance, says. “Great job BoA you did better with the dance moves today.” He says as he walks over to grab his water bottle. “You’ll be ready for the MV shoot later.”

 

“Thanks,” BoA says as she wipes the sweat that trickled along her temples to her cheeks.

 

“BoA!” the door opened and her manager appears.

 

“Oppa.what brings you here?” BoA asks before drinking her water.

 

“I came to remind you that you will have the MV shoot this afternoon. You have to finish recording the last few songs for your Japanese album; then you will also have a short interview on entertainment live, and tomorrow you have the meet and greet at the mall. You’ll sing one or two songs then meet the fans for a fan signing.”

 

“I almost forgot that was tomorrow.” BoA says. “Oppa, what would I do without you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter