When the Guilt Rushed Over Me

Forced Marriage

"Ahh, that was a nice lunch. Not too big, not too small, just right. I enjoyed it. Now, let's start our journey home again." Light sighed in relief and starts to reach for the car door when Kai got it first.

"Ehem. You still have to finish the story for our little baby here therefore you my lady will have to go sit in the passenger's seat." Light doesn't move and just glares at Kai, in which he returns with a nonchalant smirk, knowing she will go to rest anyway.

"Fine. But that's only cus I want to rest. And not drive." She catches Kai smiling wider and leaves, but doesn't catch Kai softly whispering,

"This is why I love you. I swear, i will never cheat on you again." And gets in the car.

"SO! The story Eomma!" THe child says as soon as they get on the road again. Light smiles. 

"Alright."

"Kai...?" I slowly and carefully asked. "Why... why are you here?"

Kai just looked at me with a confused look. He sighed loudly, oh god the smell of alcohol. I guess he didn't recognize me from crying so much and alcohol.

"Do I... know you?" Kai his head to the side. I just sigh.

"No, no you don't. I know you becuase your father's business is big. Anyway, what are you doing here, drunk and crying?" I asked with no sympathy kind of not really.

Kai laughed for just a second. "Pfft. Want to knowww why I'm cryyyyyying?" Oh god that smell and yes why the fu-heck. Why the heck are you crying. And so drunk.

"Hahaha. I just got rejected by my fiance! I mean, she wasn't my real fiance; we were engaged through an arranged marraige thing. But, we actualy know each other, but the bad thing is that she hates my guts, and I love her to death, but she wants to call off the engagement which I think-no. I know she is capable of because she is her. The best future business daughter ever." At that i blush, then after I blush I realize he hasn't slurred any of his words. As if on cue, Kai drops his head onto the table meanwhile his hand motions for the waiter to get him more beer.

"Oh no sir. No more beer for you. We are taking you home." I was about to sling his arm around my neck to help him balance but that stubborn little fu-thing, THING, just brushed my arm off.

"No, I ain't going anywhere. I'm staying here." I look at him, and my suspiciouns just rise. His brush was pretty strong; most drunk people's brush would've been weak but his was storng. And he still isn't slurring his words.

"Are you sure you're drunk?" At that i can see Kai tense.

"And what if I say I'm not?" I look at Kai. Did I say this guy was retarded? Take that back. This guy is a retarded genius.

"So you got me all guilty for nothing." I can literally hear him smirk.

"No, not nothing. At least you felt guilty for me, and also you know the whole story. Light, please. I really do love you, please accept me... even if it takes you ten years to fully accept me, I won't ever give up on you. Light please... give me a chance." I look at the pitiful boy. Finally, I sigh.

"You are sooo lucky I don't have a boyfriend." And with that Kai smiles widely, and then passes out. Wait, he was actually drunk?! Is this how he really acts when he's drunk? Oh my goodness, this gets me interested. I wonder what new thing I will learn about this boy. Wait, just how much did he drink anyway?

"Umm excuse me. You served this shameful boy right? Just how much did he drink?" The waiter just gave me and look, and replied with a simple

"Enough to make him drunk." And walked away. You. I like you. Let's be best friends. But of course I didnt have the time for that and i had to lead drunk Kai here to my house. So, sadly enough, I never saw that barista ever again.

We could've been the bestest friends.

"Hey let's stop for ice cream. I'm totally in the mood for it." Light says suddenly. Kai and the kid perk up. Ice cream? Anyone's up for ice cream.

"That's a good idea. But promise you'll finish the story-or at least continue-after until we arrive home." Kai gives Light a look that he knows won't succeed but she''ll say yes because their baby wants to hear the story.

"Haha, ok. I promise."