Denial (Not really)

Forced Marriage

"That' was good. How much longer do we have anyway to get back home?" Light asked as she got into the passenger seat.

"Good question. We have about... another 2 hours?" Light shook her head.

"Seriously, if it weren't for your stupid cheating , we'd be at home right now, relaxing."

"But then again if it weren't for my stupid cheating then you wouldn't be telling us the story"

"The story that you fully know cus it happened to you."

"Yeah bu-"

"So, Eoma, planning on continuing the story?" Kai nervously looked at Light, thinking she will explode again. Surprisingly she didn't. She laughed.

"She's learning a lot from me. Alright."

The next morning, I woke up in a room that wasn't mine. Oh right, I slept at Kai's house last night cus his stupid drunk couldn't walk on its own. I rolled my eyes at the memory of last night. Did I really just give in to this marraige just from sympathy? No, I didn't give in to the marriage, I gave in to giving him a chance to show that he is worthy of marrying me. Psh. As if.

Light looked at Kai. Kai kept silent and focused on the road. Their child looked at her parents curiously. Light smirked and continued.

Hmm. I wonder if Kai is awake yet. I should go check on him. I quietly left the room and went into his, so as not the wake him. I already knew his parents were off to work many hours ago. I walked into Kai's room, and sure enough, he was still sleeping. Hmm. He might get a huge hangover considering how much he drank last night-I'm assuming a lot. I should... I should make him some porridge... I... why do I care whether he gets a migrane or not? This is only because I am giving him a chance and to give him a chance I also have to cooperate. Yes. That is the only reason. I went up and straight to the kitchen. Kai you are so lucky I know how to cook.

I cooked him some chicken porridge, tasting perfectly perfect. Unconsciously I smiled to myself. I went back upstairs and into Kai's room just to see him sit up. I sat down on his bed next to him.

"Thought you might have a hangover, so I made you some porridge. I don't know if it'll help, I just made something warm and-" Oh goodness. Am I babbling? Isn't it the guy's job to be babbling? I never babble! However, I kept babbling.

"-I don't know... I used your kitchen but I made sure to clean everything up I swear and I also made sure the soup tastes right a-" Kai put a finger to my lips.

"Shh you talk too much for a morning. I smile into his finger. He instintly removes his hand. I slightly frown without realizing. 

I watched as Kai put a spoonful of soup into his mouth. I waited patiently for his reaction. He had none. He just kept eating. Is this disappointment I feel?

I didn't bother asking him how it tastes. I knew I would only be annoying him more if I did. Why I cared so much I do not know. No, it's probably because I gave him a chance. Yes. That's it.

Kai quickly finished the soup, and went to lay back down.

"Do you... want anything else?"

"Only for you to join me here." Kai said pointing to the spot on his bed next to him. I'm still in my pajamas and I am tired, why not.

"Just don't do weird things to me." I smiled jokingly and joined him. He quickly wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Thanks for the soup. It was good. Better than the head maid here. Shhhhh don't tell her..." I looked at the still slightly drunk and hungover Kai. I smiled as I shook my head.

"Whatever. Just rest, you must be tired." Kai doesn't respond, and I assumed he fell asleep. I almost fell too when I heard a faint whisper

"Why do you care?" I'm not caring, I'm giving you a chance. But before I respond my mind decides to sleep instead.

A few hours later, I wake up, with a heavy weight on my legs. I look down and see Kai's legs on top of my ankles. Oh right. I slept next to him. He's still sleeping. He must've drunk a lot last night. I look at the time. 12:30. As if on cue, my phone rings. Since when was my phone here? Hmm. Oh well. 

"Hello?"

"Ya. Where are you."

"Sleeping."

"Still?! Don't you underst-"

"With my future husband."

"Oh. So you finally decided to give Kai a chance. I know that if he screws up once you're gonna call off the wedding again."

"You know me too well. Yes, I did give him a chance. And don't get any images, I came into his room this morning to give him soup because he was awfully drunk last night and after he finished he asked me to sleep next to him and I was tired so I was why no-" Another hand pressed off on my phone. Shocked, I turned to Kai.

"That was rude. I was talking to my mother." He looks at me, with morning hair, eyes barely open, looking like a complete cute mess.

"I don't know. You didn't seem to think it rude when you cut my mother off when she was talking." This, children, is why he is the son of a business man/woman. SInce both his mother and father are business people. Anyway. I began to feel bad.

"I'm sorry. Truly. I apologize for my actions. Do you feel any better? Does your head still ache? Any other aches?" I kinda felt bad for bombarding him with questions but I was worried. NOT because I cared for him. But because I might be blamed if he gets hurt or sick or whatever.

"Well, my head feels better, but I have on ache."

I raise my eyebrows in concern.

"My heart." He said as he grabbed my hand and put in against his chest. I could feel his heart beating rapidly. I took his hand and put it against where my heart was supposed to be.

"What do you feel right now?" I totally expected him to say he feels nothing, or just slow  beats. But he didn't.

"Your heart... is beating really fast right now... Are you... are you sick? Are you ok?" Kai looked at me with a face full of concern. I quickly turned away and blushed. No way. I am not falling for this cute idiot here.

"Um. Yeah. I'm fine. I guess I had a little too much drink last night also." Which was totally not true. I didn't touch a single cup at the club last night. I could tell Kai was looking at me suspiciously.

"Ok... just let me know if you start feeling sick." Face still red, I responded with a simple "Ok."

"Um... are you still tired? Hungry? Want me to make something for you?" I still haven't faced Kai yet.

"You know it's considered rude if you talk to people without facing them." I tensed. Slowly, I turned around to face Kai. I awkwardly smiled.

"So, are you?" Kai shook his head.

"I'm only hungry for you." How could anyone be so serious while saying this? I have no idea but Kai's face was dead serious. And may I add y.

"Your bed hair is crazy." Fast as lightning, Kai's hands shot up to his head. He suddenly blushed.

"You're no better either." I smirked.

"At least I don't feel self concious about it." And I sprinted out of the room to go make lunch.

"YA!" Could be heard in the distance but I pretended not to hear it as I laughed. Why am I having so muc fun right now? I can't... I can't possibly be falling for him right? It's barely been a few hours since I gave him a chance... I... I'm not...

I'm so falling for Kai.

"Eomma! Appa! I need to pee really badlyyyy" Kai quickly exited the freeway and found a gas station.

"We needed more gas anyway." Light quickly ran with the child into the restroom. While pumpin the gas, Kai was thinking about what Light just told him.

So, she liked him since then?

Too quick.

Kai smiled.

Oh well, at least now I know everything was an act. Kai smiled contently. Then suddenly dropped it.

Wait. It was all an act. WHAT?! WE COULD'VE BEEN MARRIED EARLIER. Oh wait. But Light never actually called off the wedding. And they got married not long after that incident...

Hmm, she really did love him since then.