Reminiscent

Falling Against Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He glided his hand over to turn off his alarm clock. 

"...Mm, what time is it?" "It's time for you to get in the shower, you stink." He pushed Chanyeol off the couch. 

"When did you ever get my consent to sleeping on my couch?" 

"Dude, it was an insane party last night! I'll leave after eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner." He slammed the door to the bathroom. 

Kai walked to his phone. "You have two unread messages, one on wednesday, April 6 at 4:20 P.M. I met the girl last night and she's a beauty. Are you sure you don't want to meet her? End of message." 

He stopped the messages from continuing and grabbed his coat.

-------------------------

"I don't know Ssul, this relationship is just 'unhealthy'. I don't think you guys should be together." 

"We're not." I gave her the coffee I just brewed. "Didn't you go to his house to have a more intimate relationship?" 

"Not at all and you dirty little girl." She kicked my . "I'm kidding Krystal." 

"So after all this, you guys are still together?" "I'm not really happy about the situation, but it's just that he and I will move on from this. I'm sure all meet someone else down the road." 

"And if he does...?" "I won't accept it first, but you know, my opinions of others change rapidly." 

"I guess..." 

I hugged her tight. "This chic girl of mine... You are so cute!" 

She hit me. 

--------------------------------------------------

I left her complex because she had a visitor coming. 

It was before the crosswalk and I didn't hear anything but a little child whine. He had dropped his ice-cream and his mother was taking care of the other baby due to his diaper. 

I went up to him trying to clean his face. "There's no point in crying, I'll give you some money to buy a new one. You better show your mother a big smile when she comes out, she'll know by then that you're a good little boy." 

He ran off to the ice-cream stand. I fixed my sunglasses and mask as I walked towards the crosswalk. 

I sat on a bench as I waited for the oncoming cars to stop. 

"Aw yeah, that party last night was sick. There were even a few celebrities there..!" They looked like my age. 

I heard the footsteps so I stood up and walked. 

"...F--." I turned around quickly. My phone ringed so I walked back. 

I tried to walk the other way, but the sign turned red. 

He was walking further and further away from me. I looked at my contacts and I called him just to check. "...Hello?" 

"Kai..." I heard a cough. I turned around only to see that 12 feet away from me was he. "Who is this?" 

I laughed. Of course he wouldn't remember my voice, it's been 4 years... "I-- uh, umm sorry." I hung up the phone and ran the corner. 

I can't believe I chickened out..? Why did I have this sort of feeling when I saw him?

----------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter