Apologize

Life Couldn't Get Better
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sungmin's POV ~

Sungmin tapped his fingers against the flat surface of the screen of his cell phone nervously. For what seemed like tenth or even fifteenth time he read the message he had received.

No need 2 talk. I heard U.

Sungmin sighed. It was obvious Eunhyuk was referring to his conversation with Ryeowook. They had been both so lost in this talk that they hadn't noticed anyone. Now as Sungmin thought about it, maybe they should have been more careful, after all, kitchen wasn't the most private place possible. But on the other hand, they hadn't suspected someone would eavesdrop. 

And now, because of this one message, Sungmin was seriously worried about Eunhyuk. The message was too plain and short, considering that Eunhyuk was the author and so Sungmin decided that he could suspect that hearing about Yesung being the victim, hadn't changed Eunhyuk's attitude towards the older boy. Sungmin needed to know why. Was Eunhyuk really so hurt? Or was he simply stubborn? 

Sungmin's thinking was interrupted by the loud sound of the front door opening. He could practically hear how the tension inside him cracked and disappeared. For the person who entered their apartment, it could be only Eunhyuk and no one else. 

Not waiting for his friend, Sungmin quickly moved to the kitchen. He looked around the place, opened the fridge, fished through all the cupboards only to find nothing to eat. Nothing except two instant soups. They probably belonged to Ryeowook. It was one of his many weird habits, a strange and often worrisome souvenir from the time when Ryeowook lived with his older cousin. Sungmin almost felt bad for stealing them. Almost. He really didn't feel like dying because of hunger just yet, and he knew that he wasn't about to let Eunhyuk pass out, too. Even if the younger boy begged him on his knees, with his head banging against the floor.

"What is it for?"

Sungmin turned around when he heard Eunhyuk's soft, but a little annoyed voice. He was standing in the door way, leaning against the frame almost casually, definitely trying to hide his current state. Sungmin gestured for the other boy to sit down and handed him a bowl of soup.

"Come on, I know you too well to think that you ate something today and that's the only thing I found."

Sipping his soup slowly, Sungmin watched Eunhyuk as he poked a lump of noodles uncertainly, obviously thinking what he should do with them. Finally he seemed to make up his mind and began to sip the soup, slurping on the noodles loudly from time to time. Seeing that, Sungmin smiled. He really knew Eunhyuk too well.

"Where were you?"

Eunhyuk looked up, tearing his eyes away from the noodles with great difficulty. Then he answered in such a casual voice, that it made Sungmin grip his bowl just a little harder.

"I was taking a walk."

Sungmin quickly decided that he wouldn't lose his temper. Not a chance.

"I was worried about you."

"Why?"

Sungmin rolled his eyes at Eunhyuk's seemingly oblivious expression. "Because right now you are going through the worst time of your life, you disappeared for almost a whole day and you refuse to talk to anyone."

Eunhyuk looked at his fingers, examining hi

Please log in to read the full chapter