Where It All Started...

Life Couldn't Get Better
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sungmin's POV ~

Sungmin didn't exactly know why Miracle was on his mind those days, but he really couldn't help but hum or even sometimes sing it out loud. The funny thing was, he couldn't think of any valid reason for this song not wanting to leave his heart. After all, maybe he didn't know about all of his friends' problems, but he would have to be blind to not notice that something bad was happening in their band. With every passing day more and more boys were down and Sungmin himself couldn't exactly say that he was the happiest person ever at the moment. His only love used him only when he was down and there was no way they could be together.

Sungmin passed the couch in their living room. There was a cozy blanket lying there. Sungmin could feel something in it, this warm unseen glow; he was sure someone had used it not so long ago. It was tangled and half-lie on the floor, but still it had some alluring softness that made Sungmin want to forget about everything and just cuddle up under the blanket and stay like this forever.

He shook his head. He couldn't believe that he had been just thinking about a normal blanket. And so he moved in the kitchen's direction, one more time trying to focus on his thoughts. 

However, Sungmin had to admit that he didn't feel any unrestrained need to get to know what was wrong in their apartment. Sometimes it's simply better to live in this safe shell of blissful ignorance and pretend nothing is happening. Maybe it wasn't the most friendly way to solve anything, but Sungmin knew that in some sort of an argument between his friends, it was the best solution to just keep himself away.

If everything went according to Sungmin's plan, then he really would just ignore all the things that were possible to ignore and simply go his own way, cheering up his friends from time to time. But the moment he entered the kitchen, he knew that it was impossible.

He swallowed loudly as he noticed a big, blueish mark on Ryeowook's cheek. It was obvious that it was at least two days old, and that could be the explanation of Ryeowook's sudden disappearance during his day off a day before. The young boy came back only when he was absolutely sure all of his friends were soundly asleep. What could be the other reason for returning home in the middle of the night? But Sungmin had heard him come in. He had heard everything, for he himself couldn't fall asleep. Even in this what was supposed to be a loving embrace and with other's soft breathing filling the silence of the night, Sungmin had stayed awake for much longer than anyone could have expected.

"Ryeowook, what happened?"

The said boy's head snapped up when he heard Sungmin's worried voice. From the shy expression on the other's face the older boy could say that Ryeowook hadn't expected anyone to enter the kitchen that early and what's more, it was obvious that Sungmin wasn't welcome. Even though, Ryeowook tried to muster up the best smile possible, which happened to be some fake and unreal shadow of a smile and made Sungmin frown.

"It's nothing. Why do you ask?"

Sungmin shook his head disbelievingly. "Why I ask? Your face is practically blue!"

There was this fake smile again. Ryeowook slid his fingers through his hair and scratched his cheek nervously. The way he did it, it looked like he tried to cover his face at least a little.

"Oh, this. You know, I kinda tripped yesterday."

"And then what, you fell on your own fist?" Sungmin smirked but then he sighed and sat next to Ryeowook. He put his hand on the other's shoulder and his shoulder gently. "Tell me. Maybe I could help you."

"No one can help me."

Sungmin frowned. "Why?"

"Because..."

Sungmin felt his heart ache when he noticed the more and more watery eyes, that were definitely too sad and too broken. Acting completely on instinct, with a bitter smile on his lips he pulled Ryeowook in what he hoped was a comforting embrace. He caressed the soft hair carefully, trying not to scare the other boy, to help him relax and get a grip of

Please log in to read the full chapter