Alone

Life Couldn't Get Better
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk's POV ~

Eunhyuk had never enjoyed walking around city without any particular reason. Every single time he left home, he had to know where he was heading to and which path he would take to get there. Of course there were those situations when he simply wanted to take a walk. But there had been only few of them so far and whenever they came, Eunhyuk would choose few places in the whole city and then go from one to another, taking a long walk.

But today, he really didn't feel like walking according to the plan, knowing where he would start and finish. This one time he decided to just go on foot without thinking, to take random turns. This way he could completely focus on his problems. On analyzing everything, thinking how to clean the mess that had appeared in his life.

After some time, Eunhyuk began to wonder, if all those people he was seeing now, had such problems as he had. Maybe not the same, but just as painful and humiliating. They for sure didn't look like it. With envy Eunhyuk watched a group of high school students giggling probably at some joke, a young mother smiling happily at her child and a tall businessman almost running past Eunhyuk, his expression serious, but not sad or disappointed. But when Eunhyuk thought about it for few more seconds, he probably didn't look like his life was full of problems and difficulties, too. Not everything was visible on a person's face. There were still things that could be found only in the depths of one's mind and soul. 

And so he let his eyes slide over the faces of people passing by, not focusing on anyone or anything in particular. Sometimes he let his sight wander to the grey pavement and caught himself counting the tiles absentmindedly. He couldn't believe he hadn't tripped even once so far. 

However, this state of blissful nothingness was ruined when his cell phone suddenly vibrated. He almost jumped, for he had completely forgotten that he'd taken it with him. Reluctantly, he pulled it out from his pocket and looked at it.

He had a new message. From Sungmin.

Eunhyuk!!! Where r u? I talked 2 rw, need 2 tell you sth!!!  (rw is Ryeowook)

Eunhyuk smiled. From the way Sungmin had written this message he could tell that the other boy was angry with him. Even furious. Normally, he would try his best to be polite, even while writing a simple and short message. It always amused Eunhyuk, how important it was for Sungmin to write or say everything properly; it was almost an obsession of him. But this message was different. Sungmin had been probably looking for Eunhyuk everywhere and asked everyone about him, only to realize that the other boy disappeared without telling anything anyone. 

And Eunhyuk simply wanted to be left alone, that's all.

Eunhyuk sighed. He didn't have to talk to Sungmin to know what it was all about. What he had talked to Ryeowook about and what he needed to tell Eunhyuk. He didn't have to do that because of one simple reason. He had heard it.

That was why he had decided to take a walk in the first place.



Heechul's POV ~

Heechul smiled to himself as the delicate wind flew past him to some unknown destination, making his hair move lightly. He had to admit he really liked to stand on the balcony in their apartment. Maybe it was small and messy, quite dirty, to tell the truth; maybe their laundry was hanging in really weird places and Hankyung's parrot (whose cage was standing there whenever the weather was nice) was annoyingly noisy, but still Heechul couldn't deny himself those moments of simply standing there whe

Please log in to read the full chapter