Episode 7: Honeymoon – part 1

WE GOT A BABY!

 

“What is it this time?” Jimin asked the VJ as he handed her a familiar looking envelope. Jimin have received enough of these to know that they meant something new was going to happen soon. Though Jimin knew that the VJ wouldn’t answer her, she still asked, hoping that there was a tiny percentage of a chance that he’ll tell her something.

Given up on hoping the VJ would say something, Jimin opened the envelope. She was inside her studio and currently, all three members of JYJ were present – they were working on producing a new song together.

“Hurry it up!” Junsu urged. He was the one who spotted the VJ coming through the doors when they were all engrossed in trying to make the chorus sound as smooth as possible.

“Geez, give the girl some time!” Yoochun rolled his eyes. “Can you please open it now?”

Jimin groaned at the childishness of her seniors. Even though they were year older than her with way more experience, the fact that they were still children inside couldn’t be denied.

Carefully, she ripped the flap off the main part and took the simple looking card out. She gave the empty envelope to Jaejoong, who was standing the closest to her. She opened the card up and read the words out loud.

“Dear Jimin-ssi,

We are proud to announce that this time next week, you will be on an aeroplane flying off to Japan with you husband, Leo-ssi. This is your long-waited honeymoon and we hope you enjoy every second of it.

Have fun!

WGAB Production Team.”

Jimin blinked after reading off the card. Well, that was unexpected.

“Oh wow.” Junsu didn’t really know how to respond. “Wow, a honeymoon.”

“Yeah…” Jimin nodded while looking at the card suspiciously. “This isn’t a prank, right?”

“I don’t think so.” Jaejoong said. “Look.” He held up a flight ticket that was left inside the envelope.

“Oh, definitely not a joke.” Yoochun said. “Well, have fun!”

“But be careful.” Jaejoong added. “I don’t want a sudden niece or nephew.”

What?” Jimin exclaimed. “Oppa! What are you thinking about?”

“Rated things.” Junsu snickered. “But really, be careful.”

“I don’t want to see you coming back being wrapped in something.” Yoochun said.

“Nothing broken and everything in one piece.” Jaejoong continued.

“But above all,” Junsu started and the three members exchanged glances before grinning.

“DON’T FORGET OUR SOUVENIRS!” they finished together.

Jimin groaned and rolled her eyes again. These idiots will never, ever grow up!

 

 

“I can’t believe this!” N yelled at the top of his lungs.

Taekwoon had just finished reading this version of the card that informed him about the honeymoon. Even though the envelope and the card looked the same, the contents were slightly different. Instead of just going on a honeymoon, Taekwoon was told to plan the trip by himself and it was to be kept a secret to Jimin until further notice.

Taekwoon sighed. Now he had to plan a trip with five idiots circling him and annoying him with their noisy remarks.

“Hyung~ don’t forget our presents!” Hyuk grinned.

“Though I think a little niece or nephew would be nice!” Ken snickered.

N whacked the back of Ken’s head. “You idiot! Don’t say that! We’ll have a little niece coming soon already!”

Hongbin rolled his eyes. “Do you need help in planning?” he asked as the most appropriate member of the group.

“I’ll have to do this alone.” Taekwoon replied.

“Are you sure?” Ravi questioned. “A trip is a lot.”

Taekwoon nodded again. Since they were only going to have this trip once, he had to plan it well. Except that he would have to take some time off away from his bandmates because they were making too much of a fuss over this trip. It wasn’t even their trip to being with!

 

 

Jimin sat in her living room floor with an open, yet empty suitcase in front of her. She had been there for hours, just thinking about what to bring to the trip. Though all this time she had spent sitting here, she still had no idea what to bring. Instead of pondering about an impossible answer by herself, she decided to rely on her best friend: the internet.

However it turned out that the great internet wasn’t really her best friend. After spending a good half an hour in front of her laptop, Jimin found out that there was nothing but stupid ideas on the net – nothing was useful to her at all!

Whatever! I’ll just go with my instinct!

Just as she thought she would, the girl went around her apartment and picked up whatever deemed appropriate for the trip and chucked them in the suitcase.

Though again, like everything else, it didn’t go so well. She had several unrelated items in her suitcase and it annoyed the hell out of her. She was never good with packing, ever. Even when she had to pack to move into the new house for the show, she had her co-workers in the agency help her. From that moment onwards, everyone in that company agreed on the fact that Kim Jimin, the musical genius, is rubbish at packing.

With a groan, she plopped down onto her sofa. She found her phone lying on one of the cushions and picked it up to play with it. As she scrolled through the apps she had in her phone for something to do, she stopped at her messaging icon.

Aha.

Tapping on the icon, she quickly found the person she was hoping to contact and typed in her message in a matter of seconds.

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Taekwoon oppa! What are you bringing for the trip? I’m trying to pack now and I have no idea what to bring with me! HELP >_<

Sent 12:39pm, Sunday

 

Please reply, please reply!

As she was waiting for Taekwoon’s reply, Jimin held onto her phone and stared at the screen, waiting for that small LED to start flashing. She was hoping that he wasn’t half way in a schedule or rehearsal, or else god knows how long she would have to wait!

Why did I have to leave this until the last minute? The trip is tomorrow, you idiot!

Ding. Her eyes widened. She had received a message and she opened the text in a hurry, fingers-crossed that it was Taekwoon.

 

To: Kim Jimin

I’m half-done already. What have you packed so far?

Sent 12:42pm, Sunday

 

Jimin looked at her fully opened suitcase, messy with things that she wasn’t even sure she needed for the trip. Scratching her head, she started to list the items in the wheeled-compartment on her phone.

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Err, I’ve got clothes, necessities, some food, shoes, socks, polaroid, other camera, chargers… what else do I need??

Sent 12:50pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

Make sure you bring something waterproof. I heard that the weather isn’t too good today so I’m not sure about tomorrow.

Sent 12:52pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Heol, do you think I’ll need to bring an umbrella as well? OTL

Sent 12:52pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

Don’t bring an umbrella. If the weather does go bad, I doubt an umbrella would do anything. Plus, I’m pretty sure the team would be prepared for these things so don’t worry about them.

Sent 12:53pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

I see, I hope the weather is good, or it’ll really be a waste… Oh gosh, are you in the middle of something? Am I disturbing you??

Sent 12:54pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

I’m packing as well, don’t worry about disturbing me.

Sent 12:54pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Thank god! I thought you were in the middle of performing or something! ^^;;

Sent 12:54pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

I got a day off to prepare for the trip. The others are at a show right now.

Sent 12:56pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Ah, I see. Anyways, what have you packed so far? I don’t want to bring something that you’re already bringing…

Sent 12:57pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

Pretty much the same as you – clothes, shoes, socks, food, camera, dictionary, etc.

Sent 12:59pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Dictionary…?

Sent 12:59pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

Just in case. My Japanese isn’t that good.

Sent 01:00pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Aha, that makes sense XD I’m going to the supermarket now, I think I’ll find something to bring if I see it. Is there anything you want me to buy? Just to save you from going out.

Sent 01:01pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

Not really, I think the staff will pretty much cover everything we need, if not, we can most probably buy them there. I think we’re fine to just bring our personal things.

Sent 01:02pm, Sunday

 

To: Jung Taekwoon

Ok, I see what you mean. Well, I’ll still head out and see what else I might need XD Tell me if you need something!

Sent 01:02pm, Sunday

 

To: Kim Jimin

Alright, be safe.

Sent 01:03pm, Sunday

 

 

The couple walked into the airport leisurely, though many other users of the place were watching their every move. As much as they wanted to ignore the stares and whispers, they were nonetheless a little bothered about the public.

“I actually wish we don’t have as many cameras for once.” Jimin murmured under her breath.

Taekwoon shook his head. “It’s a way of advertising.” he said quietly.

“How can you think of things like that at a time like this?” Jimin raised her brow while looking over to her husband.

“It’s better than trying to think what the others are thinking about us.” Taekwoon shrugged. And he had a point. There was absolutely no point in trying to please everyone in the public when they knew that there would be something about them that someone wouldn’t like. Well, that was the life of a celebrity, right?

Jimin sighed. Though she was so excited about this trip that she couldn’t sleep properly the night before, seeing all these cameras and people made her realise that this trip may not be as relaxing and fun as she thought it would be.

Taekwoon glanced over at her. Just yesterday, he could tell how happy she was when she was texting him and now, she looked really tired and dejected. Was there something he could do for her to make her feel better?

They came to a stop as they reached the end of the queue to check-in. Even though they were celebrities and the production team had gotten permission to film inside, they still had to follow the rules. The line of people in front of them wasn’t long, thankfully, but there were still a length of waiting time.

Jimin found her passport in her bag and took it out, ready to be checked-in. Seeing that she had her passport in her hand, the camera zoomed into the little booklet that may have the most wanted photo of the idol.

Whilst Jimin was desperately trying to hide her passport from the cameras, Taekwoon slipped it out of her hands and took a look at it. Just at that moment, another camera caught a smile on his face right afterwards.

Knowing that Taekwoon was smiling because he had saw her photo, Jimin whacked her husband’s arm with her hand and grabbed her passport as soon as he rubbed his arm. She glared at him even though the latter only smiled at her, knowing that he had won because he saw what she didn’t want him to.

Jimin hissed. She wanted revenge. And revenge was coming as she saw a similar looking book sticking out of the pocket of his jeans. With hands as fast as the wind, Jimin dramatically grabbed his passport and shielded it away from him.

She broke out in laughter as soon as she flipped the front page open. Even though the picture of him was not funny at all, though she had to admit he looked extra good in the photo, she laughed to get back at him.

Taekwoon’s eyebrow twitched as he heard his wife’s laughter. He knew she was only laughing to get him – he could distinguish what was her real feelings and what wasn’t, it was something he learnt about her during the time he had spent with her. When she was laughing from the bottom of her heart, her pitch would be lower and she would often breathe erratically, which was not the same as what she was doing right now.

Knowing that he had to get his passport back before Jimin showed it to the camera, he wrapped his left arm around her waist to stop her from moving around and used his left hand to grab the passport in one go before letting her go. He grinned internally when he got what he wanted.

Though Jimin was temporarily flushed at the sudden contact with Taekwoon, the feeling of having his passport stolen from her was annoying her. She pouted as she looked at him putting his passport away in his bag and zipped it up so she couldn’t get to it.

“That’s not fair!” she whined. “You’re ten times stronger than I am so obviously you can get that thing back without even trying!”

Taekwoon shrugged. “I was only getting back what was mine.”

“But you could have asked.” Jimin said.

Taekwoon looked at his wife. “And you think you would give it back to me if I asked?”

Jimin looked away with shifting eyes. “No…”

 

 

“How do you feel about going on a honeymoon?” the PD asked.

“I’ve never been on a trip with just my friends before so I have no idea about what to bring or what to do.” Jimin sighed.

“Are you excited?”

“EXTREMELY!” she exclaimed. “It’s been so long since I’ve last been to Japan and I think this trip will be really meaningful to us both.”

 

 

“What do you think about this plan?” The camera focused on Taekwoon’s face.

“I’ve only been to Japan for work purposes so I’ve never been to any attractions.” He replied calmly, as per usual.

“What do you want to get out of this trip?”

Taekwoon thought for a second. “Since this is a honeymoon, I think the top priority is to relax. Everything else comes after.”

 

 

“Have you noticed that Leo-ssi is speaking more and more on screen?” Misun asked.

Jongmin nodded. “He’s up to par with me now!”

“No way~” Nayoung looked at Jongmin strangely, thinking why on earth he would assume something like that.

“I think it’s because of Jimin-ssi.” Misun added.

“Me too!” Nayoung quickly agreed. “Her bright personality must have rubbed on him.”

“I want someone to rub on me too…” Danny sighed, causing Jongmin, who was sitting next to him, to move further away from him.

“What are you talking about…?”

 

 

As soon as they were led to their seats on the plane, Jimin started to fidget with the things around her seat. When Taekwoon was finished with putting their bags on the overhead compartment, he sat down next to her.

“Calm down.” He told his wife. “Take a nap.”

Jimin gasped at him. “How can I take a nap at a time like this?” Her eyes were wide.

Taekwoon rolled his eyes and turned away. “You took a nap on our first date…” he murmured.

“It’s not fair that you keep on bringing that up!” Jimin whined.

Instead of replying, Taekwoon simply shook his head and leaned back on the seat, waiting for the take-off.

 

 

Jimin’s mouth fell open at the sight of so many fans waiting outside Haneda Airport for them. Taekwoon’s reaction wasn’t much different. They were both so shocked at the number of people out there waiting for them because there shouldn’t be anyone else who would know about this trip.

The production team quickly surrounded them with guards as they made their way out. Though there were bulky guys around them, protecting them, Jimin waved at the fans and Taekwoon nodded at them, like he would normally do in situations like this.

After many struggles and difficulties, the couple finally made their way out to the car that was waiting for them just outside the arrivals building. Though one would only take five minutes to walk outside, it took them half an hour to be able to see the sky and the clouds.

Once they were safely inside the car, Jimin let out a breath that she didn’t realise she was holding. Taekwoon too, felt a little more at ease now that there weren’t anyone surrounding him like before.

“Gosh, how are there so many people out there?” Jimin asked, still dumbfounded. Since Taekwoon knew she wasn’t really expecting a reply, he only gave her a shrug and an ‘I-don’t-have-any-idea’ look.

 

 

The couple walked in the corridor of the hotel with the destination of food inside their heads. After a short ride from the airport, they arrived at the hotel they would be staying for the night. They seemed to be so hungry that they really didn’t have the energy to go sightseeing before eating something.

Bless the owner of the sushi restaurant just outside the hotel for opening his business there. They were immediately led to seats that were in front of the sushi chef. It was one of those restaurants where your order gets made freshly in front of you after placing your order – though it wouldn’t really matter to them as long as they got something in stomachs.

They ordered a set of original and traditional sushi first, as they were told that it would take the least time to make those. Then following that, they ordered a set of fresh sashimi. Both things they ordered were authentic and traditional. Jimin couldn’t contain her happiness at the sight of the food so she dug in after saying a quick “itadakimasu”. Taekwoon followed her actions before diving into the freshly made sushi in front of them. Only when they finished the meal did they find out that the very restaurant they were dining in were one of the best in Tokyo. 

 

 

“Tokyo Tower!” Jimin grinned when they arrived. Now that she had enough food in her stomach, she was so energetic and enthusiastic that it was hard for Taekwoon to match up.

“So, where are we going?” Jimin asked.

Though Taekwoon had planned the whole trip by himself and knew their schedule inside out, he had to pretend he didn’t know anything at all. He gave the camera a glance and walked towards the interactive sign a few metres away from them. Jimin followed him soon after.

“Let’s go there.” he said, pointing at the sign that said ‘Museum Tokyo’.

“Why are we starting with the third floor?” Jimin asked. “What about the first and the second?”

“There’s nothing good to see there.” Taekwoon said, pretending that he knew from seeing that sign though he had done plenty of research on this place before they came. “You’ll like it there, there are life-size figures there.”

“How do you know?” Jimin asked, a little curious as to why her husband seemed to know so much more when he told her that he had only been there for work and not for sightseeing.

“There was a slide that had some information on it.” Taekwoon lied. “It changed to something else now.” That’s believable enough, right?

“Oh.” Jimin nodded, half convinced about his words.

The museum they entered was the Tokyo Tower Wax Museum, where all their figures and displays were imported from London. As well as the fascinating figures that there standing inside, the view outside was of much credit. Even though it was only three floors above ground level, the fact that they were in Tokyo Tower made the view many times more attractive.

As soon as they were finished with the mini tour around the museum, they decided (more like Taekwoon decided) to go one floor up, to the fourth floor, where the Tokyo Tower’s Trick Art Gallery were. The gallery contained optical illusions and interactive objects that would mislead your sense of vision. Jimin was amazed at how something as simple as dots could make her doubt her eyes. Taekwoon would often find himself chuckling at Jimin’s confused face whenever she was puzzled about something.

Once they finished touring around the museums, collectively known as the FootTown Building, they made their way up to the elevators that led to the main observatory. Though the height of the tower wasn’t a joke, the ride up to the top wasn’t as long as they expected to. Even though they weren’t able to the outside view as they travelled up, there were plenty of things inside the elevator to keep them distracted during the ride.

The doors to the elevator opened and Jimin’s eyes widened simultaneously. Since the sun had gone down, buildings have started to turn their lights on and the street lights were much more visible than before. In other words, the scenery changed completely with the change of colour in the sky.

Jimin found herself close to leaning on the glass as she looked around her. Taekwoon came to stand next to her soon after he was done giving the place a good overview. Though he had seen pictures on the internet and whatnot, he was still amazed at the facilities in there, not to mention the underestimated view of the whole of Tokyo.

“This is unreal.” Jimin said. “It’s completely different than before.”

She unconsciously leaned closer to the glass to get a closer look at the cityscape but Taekwoon pulled her back right before her body made contact with the transparent material.

“Careful, it’s dangerous.” He said quietly.

Jimin looked at her husband and smiled gratefully at him. Somehow, she knew she could do the most ridiculous things ever and wouldn’t be harmed at all if he was there with her. The feeling of being safe and unharmed around him were irreplaceable.

 

 


So here’s part one… how is it so far??

I’m sorry for the long wait but school is starting to get busy and this year is the most important year… whether or not I’ll get into university will depend on this year’s results so really, I’m going all in this year. I can’t say I’ll update regularly but I’ll definitely try my very best because I really do enjoy writing and it really does help me with the stress I get from school. Therefore, I want to selfishly ask all of you to not give up on me or my stories. Just because I don’t update or write doesn’t mean that I’m not here. So if you want to talk to me, feel free to – I’ll still be on this site to check updates and whatnot, even if I don’t have the time to write. I AM AND STILL WILL BE HERE!

Sorry for going on for so long but I hope you understand me…

Hope you’ve enjoyed~ Comment to tell me what you think and subscribe for more updates, though they’ll be irregular OTL