Episode 2: Let’s move in~

WE GOT A BABY!

 

“Wah!” the three men clapped as soon as the camera was focused on them. “Congratulations~” they chorused in harmony.

“I can't believe our baby girl is married!” Junsu’s bright voice filled the room. “And she’s even quicker than us!”

Jimin laughed at her senior. The filming crew of ‘We Got a Child’ visited their office and since JYJ happened to be in, they asked if the internationally famous men could film a tiny section for the show.

“Jimin-ah, you have to treat your husband well.” Yoochun said. “You can't be the type of wife that doesn’t do anything!”

“I feel like I’m giving my daughter away.” Jaejoong said, his hands over his heart on his chest. “Jimin-ah, don’t go!”

Jimin wanted to roll her eyes but she knew better than to do that on show. As much as she was close with the three superstars in real life, rolling her eyes on camera at them would cause her trouble and she certainly didn’t want that, especially not when only one episode of the show had been broadcasted.

“You know what the weirdest thing is?” Yoochun cut in and the others looked at him. “She has a child!”

“Ahhh!” the three grown men yelled in a mixture of excitement and shock.

“Jimin-ah~ we didn’t raise you to be like this!” Jaejoong joked and Jimin couldn’t hold up anymore. She whacked the elder’s arm very lightly.

“What are you talking about?” she shook her head at them disapprovingly.

“But you have a child!” Junsu exclaimed. “She’s already four and you haven’t even been married for a week!”

“Oppa~” Jimin whined for them to move on.

The older men couldn’t help but look at her in adoration. Since she was the youngest in their agency, she was naturally babied by everyone. And because she was ‘specialised’ in composition, the three members of JYJ unsurprisingly helped her a lot before and after debut.

Yoochun stopped laughing all of a sudden and turned to the camera. His face was serious and his eyes were firm. Jaejoong and Junsu seemed to have caught onto the rapper’s intention because they were looking into the camera with the same expression as well.

“Leo-ssi,” Yoochun started. “If you dare hurt Jimin, you will definitely be facing us, got it?”

Jimin sighed. Even though she was well aware of their protectiveness, doing this on camera was a little too much.

“Oppa~” she whined again. “He’s not going to hurt me!”

“Jimin-ah, we have to make sure.” Jaejoong said. “We haven’t met the guy in person but I’m trusting that he can take care of you,” he turned to the camera again. “Right, Leo-ssi?”

Jimin nearly face-palmed herself because of their words and just as she was about to speak, Junsu spoke.

“So when will I meet my little niece?” he asked excitedly and Jimin just snapped shut as she watched the three grown men talking about the child.

 

 

“1, 2, 3.” N counted as the camera started recording.

“Real V, V-I-X-X! We’re VIXX!” All members of the group said as they did their signature gesture. After that, they all gave the camera a bow.

“Let’s start with a clap!” Ken announced and the others followed him. “Our Leo got married!”

“Whoohoo~”

“How do you feel being the first member to get married?” N asked the quiet man standing next to him.

Taekwoon looked at his friend and blinked, it didn’t seem like he was going to answer the question.

The smile on the leader’s face didn’t fade as he faced the camera again.

“Jimin-ssi, I hope you don’t mind that our Taekwoonie is cold like this.” N grinned. “He can ignore you at times but he really cares about you so don’t give up on him!”

Ravi’s voice cut in. “And! Leo hyung can cook really well so if you don’t feel like cooking, let him to the work!” Taekwoon shot the younger male a glare but the rapper simply ignored him and continued. “And I heard that you’re going to have a daughter, so congratulations!”

“I’d love to come and visit you soon!” Ken yelled in the background. “Be sure to invite us for the housewarming party, okay?”

“Our Taekwoonie really likes children so you don’t have to worry about little Choeun being with him because he’s sure to spoil her like a princess.” N continued even though Taekwoon was looking at him and quietly telling him to shut up.

“Leo hyung and Jimin-ssi, congratulations!” Hongbin and Hyuk shouted at the same time over their hyungs’ voices before the PD stopped the camera.

 

 

“Ah, hello!” Jimin called out as she spotted Taekwoon on the other side of the parking lot outside their new house.

Three days ago, both of them received a notice from the production team, informing them that for the next shooting session, they will be moving into their new house and that before little Choeun comes to join them, they were to have the house in perfect condition. The two of them began packing as soon as they knew about the details. Though Taekwoon only had two suitcases, Jimin had doubled the amount and therefore her manager had to help her unload her luggage from the car.

Taekwoon looked in the direction of the voice and saw that Jimin was waving at him. He had two suitcases next to him that were unloaded by his manager just seconds ago before the older man drove off.

With one suitcase handle in each hand, Taekwoon dragged his belongings over to Jimin, who was now helping her manager to get her things out of the car. Once her belongings were all on the ground, her manager gave her a pat on the shoulder before getting into the car and driving off to somewhere else.

“How are you?” Jimin asked with a grin. Her eyes travelled to the two cases that were next to him. “You didn’t bring a lot…” Her eyes shifted to the four large containers beside her.

“You brought a lot.” Taekwoon said.

“Yeah… I did…” she scratched the back of her head as she sheepishly smiled.

“Come on, let’s go inside.” Taekwoon said.

He dragged his cases towards the front door and used his copy of the key to open the door. Jimin followed with two of her cases as well. She would have to go back to get the others later.

As soon as she stepped into the house after Taekwoon, her eyes widened. It was perfect. The house was fully furnished and it had everything in the right place. For a moment, she had forgotten about the remaining suitcases outside the house. She walked deeper into the house and she grinned at the sight in front of her. When she came to, Taekwoon was already standing behind her with her other suitcases on the ground and the front door was closed tightly.

She smiled apologetically at him. “Sorry, I was supposed to get them.” she walked towards him.

“It’s okay.” he replied quietly. He saw that the girl still wanted to look at the house and therefore pushed all cases to one side before turning back to him. “Do you want to take a look around?”

Jimin didn’t need to think twice before nodding her head and quickly agreeing to the idea. She spun around and walked two more steps until she was able to see the living room.

The set of sofa and armchair were grey, both with a couple of cushions on top. Above the sofa, there were many photo frames, all empty and waiting to be fitted with pictures inside. Beside the sofa, there was a small stand where the landline phone was placed. Next to that stand, there was a place, lush and green. Jimin made a mental note to water it every day.

In front of the sofa, there was a square wooden coffee table. On top of the small table, there was a basket where all the remote controls resided. There was also a box of tissue for the convenience of the homeowners. 

Across the sofa, on the other end of the room, the TV was placed on top of a white low cupboard. The wall behind the TV was plain and Jimin made another mental note to fill it with something, be it drawings or pictures. She just didn’t like the white space. 

Jimin turned her body and faced the small dining area and kitchen. The dining table was not big but it certainly provided enough space for the three living inside. There were two chairs while the opposite side had a bench placed against the wall. Above the table, a lamp was hung down from the ceiling, giving the space some extra lighting. A clock was hung on the wall, directly above the bench.

Again, the kitchen wasn’t massive but to Jimin, it was just the right size. The place could easily fit three people inside, should they plan to make something together. The fridge was more than enough for their use and although it wasn’t the newest model or the most multi-purposed, Jimin loved it. She knew that she would spend an awful lot of time in here and she almost claimed it as her own area. She checked the cupboards and was delighted to find that all cooking equipment was fully installed, waiting for her to use them.

A few more steps in, there was a corridor that lead to a few other rooms. The first room Jimin stepped into was the bathroom. Her eyes widened momentarily as she realised that the style of the bathroom was completely different from the rest of the house. It was dark and chic, very much alike to the male owner of the house.

Jimin blinked. All this while, she was so immersed in the house to even think about her husband. She blushed when she mentally referred to Taekwoon as her husband. That was something she had to work on. Nevertheless, Jimin turned around and saw that Taekwoon was standing right behind her. He had been following her around without saying a word while observing the house in his own way, touching things every now and then and then smiling when he was satisfied.

“Sorry, I-I was too engrossed with the house…” Jimin apologised but Taekwoon shook his head.

“It’s fine.” he said. “I was looking around as well.”

That made Jimin felt a little better. She smiled at him and he returned it with a tiny smile of his own.

Jimin turned and looked at the bathroom one last time before heading out. She opened the door that was next to the bathroom and gasped at the sight of it.

It was Choeun’s room. The pastel pink theme of the room was definitely something that Jimin wanted in her childhood and remembering that Choeun wore a pink dress on the day they first met made Jimin believe that the little girl will adore this room.

This time, instead of forgetting about her husband, Jimin turned to Taekwoon, who had a smile on his face. He stood behind the chair and placed his hands on the back and looked around the room in more detail.

“She’s going to like this room.” he said and Jimin couldn’t agree more. They were thinking of the same thing after all.

“And I have a weird feeling that you’ll be spending a lot of time either sitting on this chair or those cushions with her.” Jimin laughed, recalling how Choeun clung onto her new appa.

Taekwoon gave Jimin a little smirk as he nodded his head, agreeing with her ‘weird feeling’.

The couple exited the room, closing the door behind them and headed towards the furthest room in the house. The two of them immediately knew that it was their room.

Jimin hesitated as her hand laid on the handle of the door.

Our room…

Taekwoon looked at his wife strangely and wondered why she didn’t open the door straight away seeing that was what she did for the other rooms. And then it hit him. This room was their room.

Our room…

Jimin took a breath before twisting the handle that had been in her hand for the past ten seconds. With enough force, she pushed the door open and her eyes almost fell out from their sockets.

Unlike the other rooms, this master bedroom was a lot simpler. From the vanity table to the curtains, everything was in one shade. There weren’t any fancy patterns or designs. Everything was plain but that was the best thing about the bedroom. However, that wasn’t the thing that caught Jimin’s attention. From the moment she opened the door, her eyes have been fixed on a certain object in the room.

She broke out from her trance as she squealed while running towards the large, round bed in the room. Just before she reached the piece of furniture, she took a little leap and ended up flying onto the bed. She snuggled herself in the covers and rolled around like a child. The round bed was something she always wanted, even now. And now that she had the chance to own something like this, it brought her excitement up to another level.

Taekwoon stood by the door frame as he watched his wife trash around like a kid. He leaned on the frame and looked around the room. The vanity table was white and the mirror on the wall was large. Not too far from the door was another door. It was their walk-in closet and inside, there was plenty of space for their clothes and other belongings. There was also a huge full length mirror inside, which was a must have for an idol.

Taekwoon’s eyes went back to his wife, who was now sat up on the bed instead of lying down. She seemed to have calmed down a little from her mini-spazz moments ago. The grin on her face was so wide that it ran from one ear to the other. Jimin looked at Taekwoon happily and patted the space beside her on the bed. The action made Taekwoon hesitate a little but he made his way towards her nonetheless.

He sat down next to her and understood a little why Jimin was spazzing that much. The mattress of the bed was surprisingly soft and the covers were smooth. In that instant, Taekwoon knew that a nap in this bed would certainly be a good idea.

 

 

“I don’t want to unpack~” Jimin whined as the two of them sat in front of their suitcases in the living room. Jimin had recovered from her crazy spazzing and somehow found the courage to use twenty-percent of her aegyo on her husband.

“We can't leave these lying around.” Taekwoon replied while opening his first suitcase full of clothes. “I’m going to put these inside first.” he told her and walked into their bedroom.

Jimin pouted as she slowly zipped open her suitcase. She closed it immediately and stood up. She dragged the suitcase in the direction that Taekwoon went just seconds ago.

Taekwoon was deciding where to put his clothes when he saw Jimin’s reflection in the large mirror. He saw that she had a suitcase with her too so he moved a little and gave her some space.

“I don’t want to do this~” Jimin frowned as she looked down onto her suitcase full of clothes.

“Then why did you pack so much?” Taekwoon asked while putting his clothes on one of the shelves. He purposely chose the higher ones so that Jimin wouldn’t have a hard time reach for her own things.

“Because I’ll need them!” Jimin replied and sat down on the floor, opening the wheeled container once again.

“So there’s the need to unpack them.” he said. “Or else, how are you going to use them?”

Jimin groaned. He had a point and she knew she wouldn’t be able to run away so she her breath and got on with the task.

“Do you want me to stay here?” Taekwoon asked once he was finished organising his things.

Jimin blinked at his question, a little surprised that he asked her this question. She quickly composed herself and answered him. “Nah, I’ll be fine. You go and unpack your other things.”

Taekwoon nodded and squeezed out of the room. He managed to pat Jimin’s head before heading without another word. The girl smiled at his action. She knew it was his way of saying ‘good luck’ without actually saying anything. Jimin was sure of one thing; they had gotten a little closer since the beginning of the day.

 

 

Taekwoon placed the six figurines on the set of drawers next to the plant in the living room. He figured that it was the best place to put the objects that his bandmates demanded him to bring along. He had put the empty frames inside the drawers since there was nothing to put in them yet. Later, when they have some photos, they can take them out again.

“What’s that?” Jimin asked from behind. She had finally finished putting her clothes on the set of shelves beneath Taekwoon’s and her side of the drawers inside the walk-in closet.

“They’re us.” Taekwoon looked at the figurines. “A fan made them for us and the guys commanded that I take these with me.”

“They’re cute.” Jimin leaned closer to the tiny figures, not daring to touch them, just in case. “Ah!” she stood back up. “I have something to put here as well!” She rushed to her other suitcases and opened them up; searching for something that Taekwoon wasn’t aware of.

“Tah-dah!” she grinned when she found the desired items. Taekwoon stopped what he was doing and looked at her. “Come here.” she said to him as she was making her way back to the set of drawers.

In her hand, was something wrapped in a lot of bubble wrap. It must have been something fragile and delicate that could have easily broken. Taekwoon stood behind her as she took apart the protective layers of bubble wrap.

“Look~” she placed the items next to the mini group of VIXX. There were three miniature piggy banks, so small that all of them could fit onto one palm. Jimin placed the smallest one in between the two bigger ones, one of which slightly bigger than the other, and stood back and smiled. She turned to Taekwoon and saw that he was looking at the decoration.

“I guess that’s another mini me.” he chuckled as he pointed to the biggest piggy bank.

“Yep, now we have three Taekwoons in the house!” she laughed as she skipped back to the rest of her things.

And then she realised that she used his real name without knowing. She hung her head low in regret and peaked at the said male from the corners of her eyes. He didn’t look anything out of the norm so she guessed that he didn’t even take notice of it. She smiled to herself when she realised how easily his name slipped out from her lips. Jimin wondered how her name would sound like if he was to use it.

The two was in the middle of putting the rest of their things in place when the doorbell rang. Jimin jumped up from her place and ran to the door as if she knew who was there. Taekwoon watched her curiously as she came back in with a massive thing in her arms that were covered with black plastic. He didn’t waste anything in going over to her and giving her a hand.

“What’s this?” he asked her when they placed the thing next to the large window by the armchair.

Jimin grinned. “Just wait and see.” she said and she went to grab a pair of scissors from the kitchen to cut the plastic open.

Beneath the black plastic, there was another piece of white plastic that was thick enough to hide whatever was inside from Taekwoon’s eyes. His curiosity got the best out of him as he helped his wife in ripping away the plastic. He knew it was something soft from when he carried it so maybe it was a stuffed toy?

Both Jimin’s grin and Taekwoon’s eyes grew large when the object came into view. It was a very large stuffed toy indeed, big enough for a person to lie on it. Jimin seemed to have loved it a lot as she was already hugging it close to her.

“It’s a gift from JYJ.” she informed her husband. “They said that they won’t be here to watch the actual broadcasts so this is kind of like a housewarming gift and an apology gift combined.”

Taekwoon nodded as he understood the situation. What he heard from others was correct. JYJ really do baby Jimin too much.

 

 

“How was moving in?” the PD asked in the famous ‘back room’.

“Stressful.” Jimin replied in a distressed voice. “I feel so drained!”

The PD laughed. “Did Leo make things easier for you?” he asked.

“I don’t think I would have been able to move in in one day if it weren’t for him.” Jimin replied. “He did all the heavy work like moving the big things and he was in charge of the higher places where I couldn’t reach.”

“Did you expect him to help you that much?”

“I did but not to this extent.” she laughed a little. “I mean, he practically did everything for me! I honestly thought he would be really bored with unpacking because half the time, he looks like he’s not interested in anything.” Jimin finished her sentence in a low voice.

 

 

“I felt like I had the responsibility to do those things.” Taekwoon replied. “Because she’s my wife now, I have to take care of her.” His tone was direct and devoted. “Plus, I don’t think women should do these things in general. Not because I’m doubting their abilities but because I think men are supposed to help them out at times like this.”

 

 

“He’s a real man!” Nayoung exclaimed dreamily after Taekwoon’s speech. She secretly told herself that it was the longest speech he ever said but she knew better to keep quiet about that than to be attacked by VIXX’s fans.

All of a sudden, Misun started laughing. All eyes were on her, curiously.

“You know what’s so funny?” she calmed down a little. “Leo-ssi and Jongmin are complete opposites.”

The said man in the studio frowned.

“Leo doesn’t talk much but he’s a real man whereas Jongmin speaks too much but he’s not one bit manly.” Misun laughed along with the others in the studio.

 

 

Ding dong.

Taekwoon looked over to Jimin. “Is this something from your seniors as well?” he asked.

Jimin shook her head. “No, as far as I know, they didn’t get me anything other than that.” she pointed at the massive plush in the corner of the room.

Taekwoon blinked at her. He then proceeded to stand up and go to the door. The post box outside the house was opened and there was something sticking out from it. He looked around and saw that there was no one there (other than the usual filming crew) so he concluded that it must have been a mission card or something of that sort.

And he was right. Inside the post box, there was a lilac envelope with both their names written in a fancy Korean font. He held the envelope as he walked inside. As soon as he was indoors, Jimin hopped over to him to see what it was.

“Dear Leo and Jimin couple,” Jimin read aloud. “Congratulations on moving into your new house. I hope that the unpacking wasn’t too stressful for you.” Jimin scoffed before carrying on. “As you are aware that you will have a daughter with you soon, it is required for you two to be closer to each other before she moves in with you. Therefore, we have decided that the two of you will have some time alone before little Choeun comes along. Please use the time well and I hope you two get close soon~”

Jimin hung her head in embarrassment. For some reason, spending time with Taekwoon alone was embarrassing for her. However, she couldn’t wash away the tiny hint of disappointment within her. She had been looking forwards to meeting the child again but now that it has been postponed, she felt that it was such a shame that she couldn’t show little Choeun her room soon.

She looked over to Taekwoon and they shared a quick embarrassed gaze before diverting their eyes elsewhere.

Even though the male didn’t show it, he had felt the same. Although he had already spent a day with his wife, it would still take him some time to be fully adjusted to her and her random enthusiasm at times.

 

 

“It changed.” Taekwoon answered when he was asked whether or not his first impression of Jimin had changed or not.

“How?”

“She’s a lot more detailed and considerate than I thought she’d be.” He replied. “When I saw how she was so thorough with the things in the house, I knew that she was different from what I had imagined her to be. I think she’ll really surprise me with her random actions.”

 

 

 

“He’s definitely the type to take care of someone else even if it means going out of his way.” Jimin answered after the PD asked her how her first impression of her husband had changed. “He’s really devoted and determined. Like, he really wouldn’t give up on something unless he succeeds.”

“Do you think that’s a good thing?”

“Yes.” she smiled. “I think that’s probably one of the most important traits in life, especially if you're an idol like us.” she paused. “We experience all sorts of fails in our journey towards the stage and if you don’t have that kind of dedication and patience, it’ll be really hard to be the person you want to be.”

“Do you think this new relationship will work out well?” the PD asked them both.

“Yes.”

“I hope so.”

 

 


Yes, the chapter is long but this is kind of like the introduction bit? After everything is in place, the chapters will most probably reduce in size…

Hope you’ve enjoyed! Subscribe and comment will really make me a happy girl~ ^^

P.S. I got the pictures of the house from weibo! They're certainly not mine so credits to the weibo blogger who's name is on the picture~ ^^