Episode 14: Conquering the stomach is conquering the heart!

WE GOT A BABY!

 

Jimin made her mind up. As petty and annoying it might sound, she decided to do the things to make Choeun like her. Jimin was willing to do anything for her to be able to get along with her daughter.

“Hello, I’m Jimin.” she said into the phone. “How are you?”

“I’m doing very well, thank you.”  The woman on the other end replied. “How may I help you?”

“If it’s not too much trouble, I hope you can tell me what Choeun likes to eat.” Jimin said. She was talking to Choeun’s biological mother, who knew more about the small child than anyone else.

The woman chuckled. “I’m sorry. She’s a pain, isn’t she?”

“No, no, not at all!” Jimin answered. “She’s an angel, really.”

“There really isn’t any need to talk like that, Jimin-ssi. I know that child inside out, she can be a pain to strangers but I’m sure she’ll warm up to you.” Jimin could imagine Choeun’s mother smiling.

“She certainly is fine with Taekwoon oppa.” Jimin joked light-heartedly, knowing that the older woman would not mind.

“You see, me and my husband both find that weird.” she said. “I think there’s something to do with fate, like how they are attached to each other already even though you’ve seen her for an equal amount of time.”

“Ah, I guess, she seems to really like him.” Jimin said truthfully. “She doesn’t even look at me most of the times.”

The older woman chuckled again. “I think you’ll have to resort to the food solution.”

“The food solution?”

“Yes, you should just make the things she likes to eat.” she replied. “Apple pies and lemon cheesecakes are probably your best starting point.”

“I see, so she’s into pastries then.” Jimin nodded as she made notes on her small notepad.

“That child has a really big sweet tooth.” she agreed. “Even though it’s bad for her and we try to stop her all the time, we can’t control it.”

“But, are you sure we can feed her these sweets like this?” Jimin asked.

“I think it’ll be fine.” she answered. “I’m sure you’ll be able to control it well.”

Jimin laughed nervously. “I hope so too.” she said. “Thank you so much for the information.”

“It’s my pleasure, dear.” Choeun’s mother said. “Please don’t hesitate to call again if there’s something you don’t understand, I’m very happy to help.”

“Thank you again, goodbye.” Jimin said respectfully.

“No worries, goodbye.”

Jimin put the phone down and stared at the notes she made throughout the conversation. She pursed her lips as she stared at the words writing in ink, wondering what her next step would be.

“So baking it is!”

 

 

“Oppa!” she shouted at the door of the recording studio with three large food containers in her hands. Since she couldn’t open the door with her hands full, the only way to get the attention of the people inside the studio was to shout on the top of her lungs. “Oppa!”

“Geez, what are you doing?” Junsu was the one who opened the door. Once he was able to see Jimin, he quickly helped her with her boxes, lifting them off her easily and holding the door out for her.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked while turning the music down to a minimum.

“Oppa, I have food for you.” she said, addressing all of them at the same time.

She looked at Junsu and motioned for him to come over to the table. The older male complied and placed the containers on the table top and looked back at his junior. Jimin carefully lifted the lids and showed the contents to her mentors.

“When were you into baking?” Yoochun asked after seeing the three different cheesecakes in their own boxes.

“I’m going to make them for Choeun.” Jimin replied. “Tomorrow I’m making apple pies so you guys better be here.”

“Not that I mind having free food, but why are you so serious about this show?” Junsu had already picked up the knife and was starting to cut the cheesecakes up.

“I guess I’m doing this more for Choeun rather than the show.” Jimin answered. “I mean, she is small and she doesn’t seem like she’s comfortable around me.”

“Eyyy, I’m pretty sure you’re doing this for a certain male, that is not us, and not for the show.” Yoochun wiggled his brows and smirked at the girl.

Even though he was her senior from years ago, Jimin didn’t hesitate to whack Yoochun on the arm, making the latter whine in pain. As soon as Yoochun whined, Jimin took the opportunity to snatch the plate from his hand, hoping to stop him from eating it since he .

Though she was quick with her actions, it was a piece of cake (no pun intended) for Yoochun to take the plate back, with time to spare to stick his tongue out at Jimin. Sometimes, it made Jimin wonder whether she was really the youngest around here – her seniors’ actions were always exaggerated and childish, making them look like a bunch of idiots instead of the kings of k-pop.

“Anyway!” Jaejoong interjected the ruckus. “Are you sure this is going to work?”

Jimin sighed. “Well, I’ve gotta try something.” she said. “If I don’t do anything, things aren’t going to change on its own.”

“Aigoo, you’re doing too much.” Jaejoong ruffled her hair. “Well then, good luck to you!”

Jimin grinned at him in appreciation of his words. She was thankful they were here, even though they would be mucking around most the time, but when it came to something she really needed help with, they were always there for her. She remembered once when she was stuck with her choreography and was too afraid to ask her instructors, all three of them came rushing back from their photo shoots just to help her, even though they could have easily given her advice over the phone. Their reason was that since she was a new trainee, she needed more help and more attention than anyone else, and that since they were the only ones who could have helped her in that area, they would be there for her. From that point onwards, Jimin had always went to them when she had problems, even though she knew how busy they were, but they made it clear that no matter how much work they have, if Jimin says one word, they would be flying all over the world for her – that was just how much they cared for her.

 

 

Taekwoon stopped the car in front of an apartment building. Once he was sure the car was safely parked, he opened the door and headed out. He walked into the lobby of the building and greeted the guard with a nod, and then made his way to the side and leaned on the wall. He was waiting for Choeun to come out.

Since he was told that he should be the one to drive Choeun around, picking her up and dropping her off became a part of his duties in the family.

Minutes later, Choeun came out of the elevator with her mother. Once he properly greeted the older woman, he took Choeun’s hand and the two of them walked out to the car.

Taekwoon helped the small child in the car and secured her in with the seatbelt. As soon as he was in the car as well, he strapped his seatbelt on and pulled out to the main road.

“Choeun-ah,” Taekwoon called out in his gentle voice. “You know, your umma made cakes for you today.”

Choeun seemed to have shown a tiny bit of interest, even though the words ‘umma’ and ‘cake’ appeared in the same sentence. If Taekwoon was talking about her umma, she knew he was referring to Jimin, she wouldn’t have shown any interest in what he would say. However, since cake was being mentioned as well, her sweet-loving self couldn’t resist the desire to listen more. After battling with herself, her prideful-self won and she kept staring out of the window, not showing any further reactions to Taekwoon’s words. Taekwoon could only shake his head and chuckle helplessly.

Around ten minutes later, Taekwoon parked in their house’s parking space. Like before, he helped Choeun down and the two of them walked into the house. As soon as Choeun was free from her shoes, she ran into the living room, aiming for the TV, but once she smelled the scent of food, she stopped in her tracks and looked around.

Taekwoon walked in shortly after. He didn’t know what Choeun was up to but assuming that the small child wanted to watch some TV, he picked her up and placed her on the couch and then the large monitor opposite the sofa. Even though Choeun whined a little about being put somewhere she didn’t want to be, she soon settled down with the theme song of Pororo playing from the speakers. Her attention was now fully on the animation film showing in the TV.

Seeing that his daughter had settled down, Taekwoon walked into the kitchen to see what the other female in the house was up to. He had smelt the scent of the food earlier but didn’t bother to tell Choeun, since the latter didn’t show any interest earlier in the car.

“How is it going?” he asked once he was standing next to his wife.

Jimin grinned. “It’s coming along well.” she said, looking through the glass of the oven. “Just a few more minutes for it to cook and a little longer for it to cool down and then we can eat it!”

Taekwoon smiled. When he heard what Jimin was planning to do, he had doubted the effectiveness of using food as bait, but now that he saw how much effort Jimin was putting into this, there was some hope that her hard work was going to be paid off.

Together, the couple exited the kitchen, leaving the cake to cook, and went into the living room, where Choeun was excitingly watching a children’s programme. Once the small girl saw the appearance of Taekwoon, she whined to get his attention. Taekwoon went over to the couch and sat down next to his daughter. Just as he was about to call Jimin over to not make her feel left out, the oven produced a noise and Jimin turned her heels and hurriedly rushed into the kitchen once again.

Since he guessed that the cake was ready, Taekwoon picked Choeun up and carried her over to the dining table. He put her in her high chair and sat down on the chair next to her.

“The cake umma baked is ready.” Taekwoon said, trying to get Choeun’s attention. “Can you smell that?”

Choeun blinked. As much as she wanted to nod at her father’s question, her pride did not allow her to do so – so much pride for a small girl.

A few minutes later, Jimin came out with an apple pie and a cheesecake on a tray. She carefully placed it on the table in a safe distance from the baby girl, just in case the dishes were still hot. Though neither said anything, Jimin knew that Choeun’s eyes had been fixed on the food since the moment she emerged from the kitchen. She chuckled a little at how Choeun was ignoring Taekwoon because of the food, even though she was very much attached to the older male.

The young girl reached out her hand for the food, but before she got to it, Taekwoon pushed the tray even further away because he knew the food was too hot for her. Choeun whined with anger. She wanted the mouth-watering, finger- and delicious-smelling food as soon as possible.

Jimin giggled. This was the first time that Choeun had opposed Taekwoon. Everything Taekwoon had asked Choeun to do something the latter would always follow however, judging from this incident, they both knew that nothing could be done once food is involved.

They let the food cool down a little bit more before letting Choeun have a taste of it.

“Which one do you want first?” Jimin asked. “The cheesecake or the apple pie?”

The impatient girl pointed at the apple pie despite not speaking a word. Jimin complied and sliced the pie into equal pieces before putting a smaller one on a plate and then passing it to Choeun. Taekwoon handed their daughter her baby fork and let the girl start to eat.

Choeun seemed to be pretty happy with the food, thankfully, as she kept on eating without a complaint. Taekwoon turned to Jimin and smiled.

“Mission success.” he mouthed to her.

Jimin grinned and gave her husband two thumbs up before sitting down and starting to devour the long-waited food as well.

 

 

Jimin took the boxed-up cake from the backseat as Taekwoon held a sleeping Choeun in his arms. They had taken Choeun back to her real parents’ house after the filming had ended since Choeun didn’t want to leave Taekwoon at all earlier. Though the baby girl had been sleeping in her onscreen father’s arms throughout the whole journey, once she had been handed back to her biological father, she woke up and rubbed her eyes. Her father immediately started cooing her and made silly faces to make the baby girl laugh.

Choeun’s biological mother had come out as well to thank the onscreen couple for taking her daughter back to them, though the idols insisted that it was no big deal.

Jimin handed the cake and pie to Choeun’s mother and told her that it was thank you gift for giving out Choeun’s information to her. Though the older woman had said that there was no need for gifts, Jimin insisted and even used Choeun as an excuse to give them the pastries.

After exchanging a few more greetings, the older couple decided that it was getting too late to stay out and therefore bid the idols goodbye. Taekwoon and Jimin both simultaneously waved at Choeun, but even though Jimin wasn’t expecting a response from the baby girl, Choeun waved back and said a very quiet ‘bye’, surprising the idols.

The onscreen couple quickly returned the girl’s greeting before watching her enter the building with her parents, their minds still couldn’t quite grasp the fact that Choeun had said something to them.

Once the family of three disappeared behind the doors, Jimin turned to Taekwoon and grabbed his sleeves.

“Oh my gosh!” she squealed. “Did you hear that? She said bye to us!”

Taekwoon nodded. Though he didn’t say anything, Jimin could tell that he was equally as excited and amazed. A soft smile was plastered on his face as Jimin went on about how happy she was about Choeun’s first word to them – she didn’t stop talking until Taekwoon’s car stopped in front of her own apartment building.

“Ah, today’s such a good day.” she said while unbuckling her seatbelt.

Taekwoon hummed in response. “Hurry up and go in; it’s cold.”

Jimin nodded. “You be careful and look out for your health, okay?” she looked at him. “The weather now can make you ill really quickly, you know.”

Taekwoon nodded and ruffled her hair before telling her to go in for the second time. Jimin scowled at him for messing up her hair before opening the door and getting out of the vehicle.

“Oho, look who’s having the best day of his life?” VIXX’s manager said from the driver’s seat. The older male looked at Taekwoon through the interior mirror and grinned. “So our composed and calm Leo can be like this sometimes.” he teased. “I wonder what Hakyeon would do if I told him this!”

“Shut up.” Taekwoon murmured as he plugged his earphones into his ear, even though he couldn’t deny that he was happy because of Jimin. She had given him his and VIXX’s share of pie and cake as well, giving something to look forwards to after arriving at the dorms.

They say that conquering the stomach is conquering the heart – it looked like Choeun wasn’t the only one whose heart had been conquered…

 


Tada~ Here’s another one! ^^

OMG. DID ANYONE WATCH VIXX ON WEEKLY IDOL??? CAN I JUST SAY THAT I THINK I LOVE JUNG TAEKWOON A LOT MORE THAN I THOUGHT I DID! >_<

Anyway, please subscribe for future updates and please leave a comment to make me a giddy girl~