Episode 16: What are we? [Broadcast]

WE GOT A BABY!

 

The cold wind was like a slap in the face as soon as Jimin got off the car. She quickly gathered her belongings and said a quick goodbye to her manager before shuffling to the door, opening it in record time. Since no one had been in the house for a while, due to Choeun’s illness, the house was cold and tiny specks of dusts could be seen on the table tops.

As soon as the mistress of the house entered, she rushed towards the heating controls without offloading the bag handing off her shoulder. She shuddered as she walked back into the living and sat down on the cold sofa, sending another shudder up her spine.

Ding. She took out the device that produced the sound from her bag. It was a message from Taekwoon, telling her that he and Choeun would arrive in the house in an hour or so, and that Choeun was super hungry (according to the child herself). After sending back a quick reply, Jimin got up onto her feet and started to do what she had to.

First, she had to clean the house. The layer of dust wasn’t too thick and it wouldn’t take her long to wipe everything down. However, before she started doing so, she went inside the kitchen and took out the things she had bought from the market and placed them in their respective places. Remembering that Choeun was hungry, Jimin decided to start cooking something slowly whilst she cleaned the house.

Looking at what she had available, she decided to make ramyun and tteokbokki, but without the chili for the sake of Choeun. She set the kettle to boil after filling it up with water and turned to make a mental note of what she needed so she could speed up the cooking process after she had finished with the cleaning.

While letting the water to slowly boil, Jimin grabbed the automatic vacuum cleaned and started it up, letting it travel through the house by itself, cleaning every corner of each room. It was something that they received from VIXX as a wedding gift, much thanks to the generous Hongbin’s idea. It was much better than the ridiculous things that the others were suggesting, though they were lucky because Taekwoon was not present at the time of the conversation, or else they would all have injuries on their bodies.

Thirty minutes passed by in a flash as Jimin alternated herself between cleaning and cooking. Whilst the automated cleaner was working on the floor, the traditional bucket, cloth and rubber gloves combination worked on the rest. It wasn’t easy for the girl, but she was able to manage it just fine. And now that all the cleaning was finished, she was finally able to fully concentrate on cooking, which was her forte out of the two things.

The pan with the tteokbokki was cooking at a nice pace and it seemed like it would be finished as soon as the father and daughter pair walks in. The ramyun was left to be cooked, and thank heavens that it wasn’t a difficult dish to make at all. With the extra time she had, Jimin was able to add different ingredients into the noodle soup, rather than the good old kimchi and soup combo. She was going to make this a little healthier than usual.

Another thirty minutes flew by as Jimin immersed herself in the food making. Keys tingling and locks opening were heard as Choeun came in with Taekwoon following closely behind her. The aroma of the food hit their noses as they entered the house and they knew for sure that they were in for another amazing meal. As her hungry stomach growled, Choeun followed the smell of the food and trotted into the kitchen, where Jimin was just about to go out to meet them.

“Oh!” Jimin nearly ran into the small girl. “You’re here~”

Choeun nodded enthusiastically as even showed a small smile – this was a massive step towards showing Jimin the same affection as she showed Taekwoon. Jimin knew how Choeun was trying to accept her like she accepted her father, and appreciated the effort very much.

“You cooked?” Taekwoon walked in shortly afterwards, asking the obvious.

Jimin hummed in response. She ignored her rapid heartbeats and flashed her signature smile at him, though she had absolutely no idea what that smile did to the husband.

Choeun pulled on Jimin’s apron as if it could hurry the food up. Not wanting to disturb his wife, Taekwoon quickly picked up the small girl and took her out of the kitchen. He placed her on the baby chair, telling her to patiently wait for the food to be served.

Meanwhile, Jimin was busy trying to get the food ready for the father and daughter pair. Unfortunately because of the hurry, Jimin was being careless and accidently burnt herself on the edge of the pan. She let out a squeal as she retracted her hand from the burning pan. Taekwoon’s ears picked up the squeal and he rushed to the kitchen in a flash, leaving Choeun in a mist of confusion.

“What happened?” he asked as he rushed to her side. As soon as he saw the redness of her hand, he frowned in worry. “Are you alright?”

Jimin had her eyes shut as she tried to endure the pain, but she nodded at Taekwoon’s question nonetheless. The latter did not buy her answer at all and didn’t waste any time in running her hand under the cold tap water. The coldness of the water made Jimin hiss in discomfort and that made Taekwoon more aware of her pain. He constantly checked over her hand for any bad burns, making the whole thing look as if it was more serious than it was.

“Keep it there.” Taekwoon said as he let go of her hand. Jimin nodded and wondered what her husband was going to do next.

The male quickly went to the freezer and grabbed the tray of ice. He poured the contents into a sandwich bag and wrapped a towel around it. He returned to Jimin’s side and turned the tap off, taking her hand in his. He placed the bag of ice on her hand and felt her jolt at the contact.

“Sorry.” he apologised, feeling as if he was responsible for the pain. “Hold it on your hand. I’ll go look for the cream.”

“Thank you.” Jimin smiled genuinely at the older male.

“It’s fine.” he replied. “I’m glad you’re fine.”

A sudden whine from outside the kitchen attracted the couple’s attention. They widened their eyes as they realised who they have been ignoring for the past couple of minute.

“You go outside first, I’ll look for the cream.” Taekwoon told Jimin and the latter complied.

Jimin came out of the kitchen and went to sit next to Choeun. When the little girl saw the ice bag on her mother’s hand, she pointed at it and looked at Jimin with a questioning gaze.

“Don’t worry about it.” Jimin chuckled. “I was being stupid and hit my hand on the edge of the table.” she lied effortlessly, not wanting to scare the child. “Now here’s a lesson for you: be careful around the house if you don’t want to end up hurting like I am!”

Before Choeun could respond to Jimin’s words, Taekwoon came out of the kitchen, empty-handed.

“I can’t find the cream.” he said. “Do you remember where it is?”

Jimin blinked and searched her brain for the whereabouts of that burn cream. She remembered buying it with Taekwoon during one of their first few days in the house since it was always a good idea to keep some emergency first aid kid in the house.

“Try looking in those drawers.” she said, pointing to the set of drawers by the door. “It should be in there, I mean, all the other stuff is there.”

Taekwoon silently nodded and walked over there in only a few steps with his long legs. He opened the drawers one by one and searched through them thoroughly, not wanting to miss the thing his wife needed the most right now. Finally, inside the third drawer, he found the cream. It didn’t take him long before he was right beside Jimin, apply the ointment on her hand.

Choeun watched her parents in amazement as her father tended her mother’s wound. The child’s hunger was long forgotten.

“I’m sorry to make you wait for the food.” Jimin apologised to Choeun. “You must be very hungry- ouch!”

Taekwoon had knocked Jimin on the head and the latter looked at her husband with disbelieve.

“Your injury is more important.” he told her. “Don’t apologise for the food, right Choeun?”

Jimin followed Taekwoon’s gaze and landed her eyes on the young child, who nodded rapidly at her father’s words, agreeing with his opinion. Jimin quickly looked back at Taekwoon and saw that he had a victorious smirk on his face as his daughter shared the same view as he did.

Jimin let out a silent laugh as she shook her head. She looked at her family and shrugged. “I can never win again the two of you.”

 

 

“They’re doing so well as a family!” Misun said as she watched the broadcast in the studio along with the other MCs. “I’m so envious!”

“It’s really good that Choeun doesn’t hate Jimin-ssi anymore.” Danny commented. “It would really if the awkward atmosphere continued throughout the whole show!”

“I can’t understand that.” Jongmin said. “I mean, why would Choeun hate Jimin-ssi to begin with? Like, how can you hate someone like her?”

Nayoung rolled her eyes. “You’re showing your desperate side again, Jongmin-ssi.”

“Hey, I’m just saying what the audience is thinking!” Jongmin tried to defend himself, but his co-hosts have known him long enough to know that he was only coming up with excuses to cover himself up.

“But, I feel like I’m watching a real-life documentary instead.” Nayoung said. “I’m going to feel really sad when they end.”

Misun let out a sound of disgust. “Don’t talk about the end now!” she exclaimed. “I’m going to get emotional!”

“Talking about the end,” Danny started carefully while stealing glances at the older woman sitting next to him. “When are they going to end it?”

“Don’t they usually end it after several months?” Jongmin answered with a question. “It’s the same for couples and families, right?”

Nayoung thought about it for a few moments. “I don’t know… maybe they’ll do something new since this is a new show.”

“Oh gosh, can you please stop talking about the end?” Misun pleaded. “I’m not joking when I say I’m going to cry!”

 

 


Part 2! How is it so far? How about some comments before I post the next chapter? :P

P.S. Please tell me I’m not the only one crying the tears for the boys’ wins on music shows!!!