Episode 4: First date

WE GOT A BABY!

 

The car slowly came to a stop as Taekwoon decreased its speed. Once the vehicle had fully stopped, Taekwoon undid his seatbelt and turned to his wife. The younger girl was leaning on the window and her eyes were closed. Taekwoon watched as Jimin breathed evenly, chest rising and falling at a constant rate – she was asleep.

As Taekwoon was contemplating as to whether or not to wake her up from her short nap, the girl rubbed her eyes and slowly sat up, eyes still half-closed. Taekwoon kept his mouth shut as he saw how Jimin was looking around, as if trying to find her current location. Once she realised that the car was parked, her eyes widened.

“Oh my god! I feel asleep!” Jimin gasped and quickly turned to her husband. “I am so sorry!”

Taekwoon shook his head. “It’s fine.”

“But you must have been so bored by yourself!” Jimin pouted as she scolded herself internally.

 

 

Taekwoon had just exited the roundabout when he glanced in Jimin’s direction. It was only fifteen minutes into the drive and she was already dozing off. It wasn’t long until she was leaning to the side, asleep. Taekwoon shook his head slightly at her uncomfortable position.

He stepped on the brakes when then lights turned red and seeing that they were at a big cross road, Taekwoon shifted himself and leaned towards Jimin after undoing the seatbelt. He held onto the back of her neck and moved her slightly to the right, where she could rest comfortably on the seat as he had lowered it for her.

Once he was happy with the way she was seated, Taekwoon returned to his own seat and redid his seatbelt. He turned the music player on at minimum volume and drove the rest of the way while quietly singing along to the songs playing.

 

 

“How was the nap?” the PD asked as Jimin settled herself on the seat in front of the camera.

“Oh gosh, I never thought I’d fall asleep! I was so ready to stay up the whole time when I saw that the trip was going to last a long time… but I guess working late made me more tired that I predicted.” Jimin replied with her head hanging low from embarrassment.

 

 

“PD-nim, where are we going?” Jimin asked when she was out of the car. She walked around the vehicle and stood next to Taekwoon, who was straightening his clothes out.

Instead of answering, the PD just shook his head and handed them yet another envelope. Jimin groaned as Taekwoon stepped forward to take the object. He immediately opened it and pulled out the card that was inside. The card looked exactly the same as the one they received earlier but this time, the contents were different – they were directions to a certain place.

The walk wasn’t long before the pair reached their destination. Jimin looked up from the card and her eyes twinkled in excitement. She gave Taekwoon an animated grin before turning back to the building before them.

The exterior of the building had a large sign above the door, indicating what kind of place it was.

“Pet Café.” Jimin read out the sign. Just by hearing the name of the place made her hyper enough to run into the place if she wasn’t next to Taekwoon. The man next to her had somehow made her feel calmer than usual.

“Let’s go?” Taekwoon nudged Jimin’s side, breaking her trance.

The younger girl nodded enthusiastically as she and her husband walked through the double glass doors.

Once inside, Jimin felt as if the atmosphere had took a hundred and eighty degree change as everything inside was so pink and cute. On the walls were posters of cats, dogs, hamsters and such and the place was decorated with plushies and objects that were linked to animals. Somehow, Taekwoon seemed out of place in there.

They found out that the point of the café was that you can play with the animals inside while having a drink or two. It was the perfect place to bring children along or to have a nice afternoon break with fellow animal lovers.

Jimin’s lips curved up into a smile when she saw how Taekwoon’s eyes slightly lit up when they found out that there would be animals inside. She had just discovered a new side to him.

The couple found themselves a table and sat down. The VJs around them also settled their cameras down in different angles. Soon, a waitress came and handed them a menu to look at. Taekwoon ordered an iced Americano and Jimin ordered an iced mocha. Since the waitress recommended a newly added cake to their selection, the couple also order a portion of it.

Whilst waiting for their drinks to arrive, an animal helper came over and informed them about the place in detail. The helped told them that they were welcome to play with the animals while inside the building but they mustn’t feed them anything or take them out of the building at any occasion.

The briefing lasted only for a few minutes but everyone could tell that the pair had already tuned out of the helper’s voice and was already itching to go to the animals. It seemed like they didn’t even pay attention to anything that helper had said to them.

Once the helper was finished with the introduction and left, Taekwoon looked at his wife and boldly took her hand, helping her to stand up and leading her over to the animals. Jimin’s eyes widened at his actions as she felt her cheeks burn from the contact.

 

 

“You look really happy when you went into the café.” the PD stated.

“I really like animals.” Taekwoon said with a nod.

 

 

“Are you worried that Leo-ssi might choose the animals over you?” the PD asked Jimin.

The girl blinked a few times before answering.

“Honestly, yes.” she laughed nervously. “He seems to like animals to much that I thought he was going to abandon me by the table and play with the animals.”

“But he took you to the animals with him, didn’t he?” the PD continued.

“Yes, so I was thankful for that.” Jimin smiled. “I think he might have sensed my thoughts somehow.” she laughed at her silly comment though others were cooing because of her words.

 

 

“Gosh, did you see them holding hands?” Nayoung clapped like a child. “That was so bold of him!”

“Initiating skinship is the man’s job at a time like this.” Misun said with experience. “Beside, that’s not the point right now.”

The other MCs blinked at her statement.

“She’s already getting jealous, what’s more, she’s getting jealous of animals!” Misun exclaimed. “I wonder what will happen with the baby come.”

“She can come to me if she feels left out!” Jongmin joked, making everything laugh.

“Nah, you and Danny and hang out together.” Nayoung quickly said, shutting Jongmin up.

“Why are you dragging me into this?” Danny asked with wide eyes.

 

 

After playing with the animals for a good half an hour, the pair finally returned to their table and sat down. Jimin was trying to dust the fallen hair off from her cardigan while Taekwoon was stirring his Americano. He saw that Jimin was struggling to get the fluff off of her.

“Leave it, you’ll get the hairs on the cake.” He said.

“Oh.” Jimin quickly stopped. “Sorry.”

“When you go home, get a roll of tape and stick them off.” Taekwoon advised. “It’s much quicker than trying to get them off by hand.”

“Eh, you seem like you’re really familiar with animals.” Jimin smiled as she took a sip from her drink.

“I used to have a dog when I was younger.” Taekwoon said. “But we had to give him away when we moved houses.”

“Ah, I see.” Jimin nodded again, satisfied with his response.

Silence fell over them as they quietly drank their coffee and ate the cake. Although the silence wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable, the PD was starting to get worried because a silence in a show is not a good thing at all. To the PD’s delight, Jimin spoke.

“I want a pet.” she said.

“You know, our house allows animals.” Taekwoon replied. “We can have a pet if you want. But considering that Choeun will be joining us soon, it’ll have to be kept in a cage.”

“Keeping it in a cage?” Jimin’s eyes widened. “Then I’d rather not have one at all. It’s too cruel to keep it confined in something so small.”

Taekwoon nodded at her words. He was happy to know that she had the heart for animals and the gears in his brain started to turn.

 

 

“You looked like you were planning something back there.” the PD said with a smirk, hoping that he could get something out from the idol. “What is it?”

“Secret.”

 

 


Yo! A slightly shorter chapter than usual but I hope you liked it~ ^^

If possible, can you all please take a few minutes to participate in this poll? This is really important for this story!! Thank you all so much~