Episode 1: Introductions

WE GOT A BABY!

 

Jimin looked around her surroundings as her manager dropped her off in the middle of a quiet street. She politely bowed to the filming crew but she had no idea why they were filming her in the first place. Unlike other shows, there wasn’t anything stuck on the cameras that could have given her a clue about this particular programme. She shot her manager a questioning gaze as the older male hopped off the vehicle as well.

“Oppa, what’s going on?” she asked as the male stood next to her.

“Ah,” her manager said and took out a photo from his pocket. “You have to look for this girl.”

Jimin took the photo and examined it. The little girl in the photo was no more than four years old and she was adorable. The reflection of the camera could be seen in the girl’s large, glossy eyes. Her nose was pointed but not too high and her lips were in a small smile, brightening her face and highlighting her natural prettiness.

Jimin looked at her manager.

“Why do I have to look for her?” she asked, not aware of the purpose of the cameras around her.

“You’ll know when you find her.” her manager answered and gave her a smile. He was always fond of this girl, no in a creepy way but her dedication to her career and family were enough for him to see her true nature.

“Why are there cameras here?” she asked quietly, hoping that none of the mics had picked up her voice.

“Like I’ve said, you’ll know when you find this girl.” her manager said. “Now off you go!”

The older man gave Jimin a gentle push on her back to give her a kick start. The girl turned her head and looked at her manager but the older male only nodded his head for her to go on.

As she walked along the street with the photo in hand, Jimin found herself talking to the VJ next to her.

“Can you give me a hint as to why I’m doing this?” she asked quietly but the VJ shook her head along with the camera. “Pretty please?” The VJ shook her head again.

Jimin sighed. Without any clues or instructions, how on earth was she going to find this little girl?

 

 

Taekwoon was surprised with the amount of cameras around him. He had just gotten off the van and the filming crew in front of him was definitely something he wasn’t expecting. He slowly took his earphones out of his ears and wrapped it around his iPod as he waited for his manager to exit the van as well.

“What’s this?” he asked quietly when his manager was out of the vehicle.

His manager said nothing and handed him a photo of a small child. Taekwoon’s eyes were fixated on the little girl as he received the photo. The girl’s small lips were curved up into a small smile and her nose was in the centre of the photo and it was just the perfect size for her face. In Taekwoon's opinion, her eyes were the prettiest of all. He could almost see the stars in them as he gazed at the picture. It took him a few seconds for his eyes to shift to his manager.

“What’s this?” he asked again.

This time, his manager spoke. “You have to look for this girl.” he said and Taekwoon frowned in confusion. His manager knew the idol was confused and therefore he spoke again. “Just go and find this girl and your questions about this filming crew would be answered.”

Taekwoon blinked as he looked at the photo again.

“I… have to look for her?” he asked to confirm. His manager nodded at him. Taekwoon looked at the photo one last time before putting it away in his pocket safely. “So do I go now?”

His manager nodded again. “Good luck, Leo-ah.” he said before the said idol turned his back and started to walk in the opposite direction.

The VJ that followed him didn’t have a hard time at all. Taekwoon was walking slowly and his eyes were wandering everywhere. He was seriously going to find this girl. He was curious about this show and he wanted to know what this was. It was the first time that he appeared on a variety programme like this by himself without any of this bandmates; the previous ones he had been on by himself were all sports related, football {soccer} to be exact.

Figuring that Taekwoon wasn’t going to say anything, the VJ quickly thought of some questions to ask before the audience get bored.

“Leo-ssi, are you just going around aimlessly?” the VJ asked carefully. He was slightly afraid of Taekwoon’s quiet and cold appearance.

Taekwoon shook his head. “I’m just following the cameras.” He pointed to several other VJ’s on the path in front of him.

His VJ laughed nervously. “You’re quite smart.” he commented. Taekwoon gave him a little nod before turning a corner, following the other cameras around him.

 

 

“Ah.” Jimin blinked as another person was standing on the other side of the street looking as equally surprised as her. He wasn’t just any other normal person but the fact that he also had a camera following him around only meant one thing. They were on the same show together.

She looked at the other person’s face, trying to figure out who he was but because of the long distance, it was difficult to see his features clearly. Therefore, Jimin decided to walk closer to the other person.

At the same time, Taekwoon watched as the girl walked towards him. He knew she must be on the same show as him because he saw his VJ giving the other cameras signals and signs. To make the girl’s job easier, he too, started to walk.

The two idols met at the middle of the road. Quickly realising that the other party are of some kind of fame, they hurriedly bowed.

“Hello, I’m Kim Jimin.” Jimin said as she stood back up. “Err… nice to meet you.”

“I’m VIXX’s Leo.” Taekwoon replied with a nod.

Both of them knew who each other was. Jimin had studied VIXX’s songs before and she loved their unique concepts though she didn’t know the members of the group well. She knew which name belonged to which face but since they never promoted at the same time, she never had a chance to talk to them personally. And it was the same for Taekwoon. He listened to Jimin’s songs a lot and truthfully, she had one of voices that he liked the best but of course, he wasn’t going to tell her that.

This sudden meeting was awkward and both of them couldn’t agree more. Being the most outgoing one among the two, Jimin spoke first.

“Err, are you also looking this girl?” Jimin asked and held up her copy of the photo of the girl.

Taekwoon looked at her photo and then took out his own to show her, indicating that they’re indeed doing the same thing.

“Have you found her?” Taekwoon asked. It was the first time Jimin heard him initiate a conversation.

Jimin shook her head. “No…” she said. “I’ve been walking around this area for half an hour but haven’t found anything. Well, I’ve found you but, yeah…” she scratched her head in confusion. Just what was the production team making her do? Heck, she didn’t even know what she was filming for!

Taekwoon sighed. It was the same situation for him. After walking around for a while and repeating some places as well, he found nothing, not even a child was in sight.

“Leo-ssi, do you know what we’re filming for?” Jimin asked, hoping that he had some kind of idea about this show. As soon as Taekwoon shook his head, Jimin sighed again. “Well, do you want to look for her together? Might as well go with someone if we’re going to be here for a while.”

 

 

“Is that her?” Jimin exclaimed as she and Taekwoon came to a stop.

Taekwoon followed Jimin’s gaze and his eyes landed on a small child sitting on a bench by herself. Around her, there were several cameras so that must have been the right girl. He gave Jimin a nod and the two of them speed-walked to the child.

Jimin was relieved to know that they have finally found the girl. Since she had met up with Taekwoon, they have walked around the area for another half an hour and therefore, she had walked a total of sixty minutes around this neighbourhood. The walk was mainly silent as she had Taekwoon had nothing to talk about. Although she would ask him some questions occasionally, it was still quiet. If she had known what show they were filming for, maybe there would have been more to talk about.

They stopped in front of the girl and neither of them could help but smile. The child looked exactly the same as in the photograph. Her eyes were big and her lashes were long. The small girl was drinking from a bottle of juice from a straw and the outline of her lips was perfect. She had the ideal features for a doll.

Jimin bent down to the girl’s level and smiled sweetly. “Hi, do you know these people with the cameras?” she asked. Jimin knew she was the right girl but she had the feeling that the production team wanted her and Taekwoon to approach the girl first.

The child nodded her head slowly as she eyed the two adults in front of her. The smile on Jimin’s face grew wider. She stood back up and looked at Taekwoon but his eyes were on the child. Just before either of them could speak, a member from the production team stepped forward. It appeared that the person was the PD.

“You have completed your first mission Leo-ssi, Jimin-ssi.” the PD said and clapped his hand. The two said idols looked at him. “You must be very curious as to why you’ve been asked to find this child, correct?”

Taekwoon nodded as Jimin replied. “Yes!”

The PD chuckled. “Welcome to KBS and MBC’s new collaboration show, ‘We Got a Baby’.” he announced and the two idols’ eyes widened. “This is show is a combination of ‘We Got Married’ and ‘Hello Baby’. You two have been chosen to appear on this show alongside this child. Naturally, Leo-ssi is the husband and father and Jimin-ssi is the wife and mother. This child’s name is Lee Choeun and she will become your daughter.”

That was a lot to take in. Taekwoon looked between his ‘wife’ and ‘daughter’ multiple times as Jimin stayed rooted to the ground.

“E-excuse me?” Jimin managed to unfreeze . “D-did I hear you correctly?” she asked.

The PD nodded and continued. “From now until further notice, the two of you are to teach Choeun well and provide her with the perfect environment for learning and growing. Of course, there will be difficulties since you two are new at this but you too, will learn along the way and when your real child comes along, you will be experienced enough to take care of them.”

Jimin and Taekwoon nodded, both still in the process of taking everything in.

“The purpose of this show is not only to enhance your knowledge about children but also the audience’s.” the PD added. “Therefore, you are both expected to show your most natural side.”

 

 

“What is this?” Jimin laughed as she sat in the ‘back room’ for her individual interview. “How come I was never told about this?”

“This is a double-blind show.” the PD replied and Jimin just looked blankly at her. “So, what are your thoughts on this?”

“My thoughts?” Jimin asked and the PD nodded. “Well… to be honest, other than being utterly surprised, I don’t think I have any other thoughts right now.” she said.

“It was so awkward, greeting Leo-ssi like that in the middle of the street.” Jimin started again after a few moments. “I mean, we didn’t even know why we were looking for a child.”

“What do you think about little Choeun?” the PD asked.

“I have to say she’s the cutest and prettiest baby girl I’ve ever seen.” Jimin smiled. “I think we’ll be able to get along well.” she paused. “But I still think it’s weird how we have a child that’s already four years old and we’re not even properly married yet.” she laughed.

 

 

“I don’t know.” Taekwoon answered when he was asked about the show. “No one told me about anything.”

“Do you think you’ll be able to well?” the PD asked.

“I like children a lot so I don’t think Choeun will be a problem.” he answered. “But this is my first time doing something like this so I don’t know how it’ll turn out.”

“What do you think about Jimin-ssi?” the PD questioned. “Do you think you’ll be able to get along well with her?”

“To be honest, I don’t know if I’ll be able to get along with her.” Taekwoon answered. “I know who she is and I listen to her songs a lot but since I’ve never talked to her in person, I think it’ll be hard.”

 

 

“Leo-ssi?” Jimin confirmed with the PD before carrying on with her answer. “I listen to VIXX’s songs a lot and I really do like their unique concepts but I’ve never spoken to them personally.”

“Why is that?”

“We never promoted at the same time and I’ve never been on the same variety show with them so I never had the chance to talk to them.” Jimin said. “I mean, I know who’s who but I don’t really know anything about their personalities other than what I’ve seen and heard from others.”

“Are you worried?” the PD asked, referring to getting along with Taekwoon.

“A bit.” Jimin laughed nervously. “He looks really cold on the outside so he looks a little less approachable… it was kind of hard to talk to him at first.”

 

 

“It’s okay if he looks cold!” Nayoung shouted from the studio as the MCs monitored the broadcast. The other MCs looked at Nayoung with questioning gazes. “It’s okay because he’s good looking!”

The other laughed at her comment. Misun took the chance to speak next. “Would you still accept the guy even if he’s ugly but have a really good personality?”

Nayoung thought about the question for a moment. “Well, I’ll have to look into his wallet and bank account first.” she replied wittily, making the whole studio laugh again.

 

 

“Choeun-ah,” Jimin called out to the child as she sat down on the bench next to the said girl. She and Taekwoon had a little time before the filming ended and were therefore told to introduce themselves to their ‘daughter’.

Choeun looked up from her bottle of juice to Jimin, her ‘mother’. The small child blinked her eyes as Jimin smiled.

“Nice to meet you.” Jimin said. “From now on, I’m your mother.” She smiled and then turned to point at Taekwoon, who was standing next to the bench. “And that’s your father.”

As if on cue, Taekwoon bent down to their level and waved gently at the child.

“Hi.” he said casually with a small smile on his face.

Choeun tilted her head in confusion. She was confused as to why two strangers suddenly introduced themselves as her parents. She knew who her mother and father were and they certainly were nothing like these two people in front of her. She was so intrigued by the current situation to remember what her real mother had told her earlier in the morning.

“You’ll have another umma and appa, Choeun-ah.” Choeun’s biological mother had said. “Remember to be a good girl and listen to them well.”

Sensing that the child must have been confused, Taekwoon stretched out his arms towards Choeun. Jimin looked at Taekwoon with a knowing smile – she had guessed what Taekwoon was about to do.

The child looked at her new ‘appa’ as his arms were held out in front of her. She blinked her eyes and switched her gaze to Jimin, who was smiling at her reassuringly. Choeun slowly reached out her hands as well and soon, her short limbs reached the older male. Taekwoon took the opportunity to wrap his arms around the small child and lifted her up effortlessly. Jimin stood up at the same time as Taekwoon held the child in his arms.

Choeun seemed to have liked her new position as she grinned widely. She placed her hands on Taekwoon’s shoulders as the male lifted her up even more. The height was not scaring her at all and in fact, she loved how she could see so much up there than from her normal height.

Before long, Taekwoon had started to walk around with Jimin alongside him. While he was holding onto the child, Jimin was animatedly talking to Choeun. A genuine smile was brought to his face as Choeun started to react to Jimin and laughed. Though Jimin was the one talking and Taekwoon was being quiet, little Choeun knew that she could trust the man holding her and the woman who had been smiling kindly to her.

 

 

Choeun’s real mother came quickly to Taekwoon’s side and received her sleeping daughter back. It seemed like Choeun loved to be in Taekwoon’s arms so much that she had fallen asleep before the PD announced that the filming had ended.

The real mother and the new ‘parents’ exchanged a few quick words before letting Choeun go home and rest, leaving the ‘newlyweds’ alone in an awkward silence.

“I’m so sorry about that introduction back then.” Jimin was the first one to speak yet again. Taekwoon turned and shook his head.

“It’s no problem.” he said in a small voice. “I’m sorry too.”

“Well… let me introduce myself properly this time.” Jimin smiled. “Hi, I’m Kim Jimin, a soloist from C-JeS Entertainment. Nice to meet you.” She reached out her hand.

“I’m VIXX’s Leo.” Taekwoon said and grasped the girl’s hand, shaking it slightly. “Nice to meet you too.”

Taekwoon let Jimin’s hand go and the awkward silence waltzed back to them again. Thankfully, it didn’t last long as the PD came up to them with an apologetic smile on his face.

“I’m sorry for not letting you know about this beforehand.” he said after properly introducing himself to the duo. “But, that was kind of the whole point of the show.” He scratched the back of his head.

“We understand.” Jimin said. “I-“

Before Jimin could continue, VIXX’s manager came up to them and excused himself for the interruption.

“I’m so sorry to cut through your conversation but Leo has another schedule waiting for him.” he said politely. “We have to go ahead first.”

“Oh, of course!” the PD nodded. “I’m sorry that the filming took longer than expected.”

“It’s no problem.” the other man replied. “Now, if you’d excuse us.” He gave Taekwoon a little nudge on the side to signal him to follow him back to the car.

Taekwoon turned to Jimin and muttered a very quiet goodbye before following his manager back to their van. Jimin nodded and gave him a little wave. She smiled to herself.

This show can get really interesting.

 


Hello and welcome to my very first chapter of ‘We Got a Baby!’ ^^

I hope you’ll have fun reading this as I’m sure I’ll have fun writing this story~ Jung Taekwoon with a baby is the cutest thing and since the chances of VIXX doing Hello Baby is so low, I’ll just have to satisfy myself by writing this XD

Please do subscribe and comment! I’ll look forward to seeing you in the next chapter~