IDNAM 2

I Don't Need A Man.

Sehun drops Sojin and Sora first. They’re in elementary school and it’s only a 15 minutes drive from home whereas baby girl’s kindergarten is further but closer to Sehun’s office. When they reach, Sojin hops off the car immediately and gives Sehun a quick wave before running away, afraid to be seen with him. Sehun sighs at his eldest daughter’s behavior but when Sora places a kiss on his cheek, a smile appears across his face.

“I’ll pick the both of you up at lunch time, okay?” Sora nods and hops off the car as well. “And don’t forget that you’re a beautiful girl, okay, baby? You’re not a duck—“ Sora pulls the door shut before Sehun gets to finish his sentence, “—ling. You’re not… a duckling.”

Sehun sighs again and looks over to Soyeon, who is sitting in the passenger seat next to him. She’s playing with the seatbelt, still fascinated with it because it’s new to her. Sehun just convinced her to get out of her baby car seat.

“Baby,” Sehun calls and Soyeon turns to look at her father. “Is it embarrassing to be seen with daddy? I get some kids just don’t want people to see them with their parents but I’m cool, right? I think I’m cool. Is daddy cool?”

“I think daddy is smart,” Soyeon giggles, still pulling onto the seatbelt.

“So I’m not cool?” Sehun asks sadly with a fake pout.

“Ice cream is cool,” Soyeon answers with another giggle. “Daddy is warm.”

Sehun exhales. “Right. Soyeon is right.”

The little girl gives Sehun a big smile. “Soyeon is smart, like daddy.”

“Yes, you are, honey.”

 

 

 

It doesn’t take long for them to reach Soyeon’s kindergarten. Sehun parks his car and walks to the other side to carry his baby girl, throwing her tiny bag pack over his broad shoulder. After closing the door with a push of his hip, he then walks toward the entrance where one of the teachers is greeting students by the door.

“Good morning, Mr. Oh!” the sweet lady chirps, arms extending to carry Soyeon already.

Sehun smiles and gives his daughter to her. Soyeon clings onto that lady while she peppers the little girl’s face with kisses. “She’s excited.”

“I’m excited,” she tells Sehun and retrieves Soyeon’s bag as well. “I miss these kids so much, you have no idea,” she says even though they’ve only been apart for two days.

“I bet they miss you too, Mrs. Lee,” Sehun replies. “I’ll be back to pick her up at 5, as usual.”

“Oh, before you go,” Mrs. Lee puts baby girl down and help her with her bag before ushering her to get to class. The sweet old lady turns back to Sehun and smiles. “I’m sorry if this is too last minute but Soyeon’s teacher would love to have a word with you after class. Well, at 5.”

Sehun frowns. “Is something wrong with—“

“Oh, no, dear,” Mrs. Lee waves her hands dismissively. “Soyeon is doing very well in class but there’s.., I think it’s better if you talk to him.”

“Him?”

Mrs. Lee nods. “Yes, him.”

“Wait, the beautiful one with blonde hair?” Sehun asks. “Pixie cut? Kind of tall for a woman?”

Mrs. Lee laughs. “Woman? Soyeon’s teacher is a male. And yes, blonde hair.”

Sehun is surprised. “I’m…” he gapes. “I’m so sorry, please do not tell this to her—I mean, him.”

The old lady chuckles. “It’s fine. You called him beautiful anyway.”

 

 

 

By the time Sehun reaches his office, everyone’s already busy with his or her work. Sehun checks the time, 8 am sharp. Great.

His staffs come up to him one by one, questions ready for him and he replies them all, short and fast. Magazine covers, articles, photos of models presented at him and he deals with them without a pause or stutter. Soon, he reaches his office and notices how people aren’t swarming around him so he lets out a breath of relief.

“Boss,” someone calls and Sehun almost chokes. His assistant, also his cousin, is standing at the door to his office, his hand on the doorknob. “Are you feeling well, boss?”

Sehun sighs. “Kyungsoo, hyung, how many times must I tell you? You don’t have to call me that.”

Kyungsoo shrugs and opens the door, stepping in before Sehun does. “I’m working for you.”

“Yeah, but you’re also my cousin brother and it’s weird when you call me ‘Boss’.”

“Then, what should I call you, little ?” Kyungsoo replies nonchalantly, the nickname he used to call Sehun when they were young slipping out so naturally.

Sehun smirks. “Little would be fine.”

“I wouldn’t be here if my parents didn’t beg me to come watch over you,” Kyungsoo reminds Sehun again as he walks over to a chair and falls back into it, legs thrown over Sehun’s table and his arms folded behind his head. “Let me do what I want. If I want to call you ‘Boss’, let me call you ‘Boss’.”

“Yes, boss,” Sehun nods, playing along. He walks to his chair and places his briefcase down before turning on his computer.

“And why can’t you give me a more exciting job? Like your window cleaner?”

Sehun looks from the screen to his cousin brother, an eyebrow arching up. “Because hanging 30 floors off the ground is dangerous and you’re not trained to do so?”

Kyungsoo sighs and kicks his foot off the table. He slides forward along with the chair. “You see, if you would’ve told me that you want me to be your window cleaner, I’d first learn how to do so.”

Sehun leans forward, looking into Kyungsoo’s eyes. “Hyung, I don’t want you to be my window cleaner.”

“Fine,” Kyungsoo groans and pushes himself back. “Then let me be your, I don’t know, dog whisperer or bomb tester or—oh wait, let me walk Jongin.”

Sehun opens his mailbox and scans through emails as he replies, “I own a Men’s Health Magazine Publishing Company, we don’t need a dog whisperer or a bomb tester—and Jongin is my best friend.”

“Wait, he’s not your pet dog?”

Sehun looks at Kyungsoo. “Hyung, you’ve seen him.”

“I have?” Kyungsoo looks away, trying to recall. “Oh, you mean that annoying piece of who won’t stop talking about your Chinese baby sitter and tells you to get married all the time is Jongin?”

Sehun blinks. “…yes. That annoying piece of who won’t stop talking about my Chinese baby sitter and tells me to get married all the time is Jongin.”

“Huh,” Kyungsoo sits back and crosses his legs. “Jongin is a great name for a dog too.”

The taller male laughs and shakes his head. “Anyway, I’m meeting Jongin for lunch later. The girls will be there too, you should join us.”

“No, thank you,” Kyungsoo yawns. “I might accidentally pet Jongin.”

 

 

 

At 1 p.m., Sehun picks Sojin and Sora up as promised. When Sehun stops right in front of their school, he sees Sora looking up at a tree. Sehun looks up as well, body leaning slightly towards the passenger seat and one arm over the steering wheel. He sees a nest and he pulls back immediately, knowing Sora is in her ‘bird phase’ again. Sehun tried talking to her about it, reminding her everyday that she doesn’t need to be a bird, or a duck, to be beautiful but hey, that girl really loves to think she’s a duck. And then, Sojin talking to a boy catches his attention and he squints at the boy. Sojin is giggling and something goes off in Sehun’s head. His car window pulls down quick enough and he sticks his head out.

“Hey!” Sehun’s calls, hitting the horn once. A few kids flinch, including his daughters, and he smiles brightly when he has their attention. “I’m here! Daddy’s here! We’re going to lunch!”

Sora pouts because her father just frightened away her new bird friend and Sojin is frowning because her dad just embarrassed her in front of her crush.

Needless to say, the drive to the place they’re having lunch isn’t a good one.

“Your princesses look pissed,” Jongin comments when he arrives at the table Sehun, Sojin and Sora are sitting at. He takes a seat and glances from the youngest at the table to the oldest. “Uhh.”

Sehun clears his throat. “They might or might not be angry at me.”

“We are,” the two say in unison and Jongin laughs.

“Really?” Jongin asks his best friends and shakes his head as he picks up the menu. “It’s only 1 and you already made them mad?”

“I did not do it on purpose.”

“He is embarrassing,” Sojin complains to her uncle Jongin. “He embarrassed me in front of—“ Sojin stops. “Well, he’s embarrassing.”

Sora pouts. “I made a new friend today and daddy scared her away.”

Jongin puts the menu down and looks at Sehun. “Really, Sehun, really?”

“It’s a bird,” Sehun hisses. Sora pouts even more and Sehun melts at that sight. “I’m sorry, honey, I didn’t mean to.”

“I was just about to ask for her name!” Sora sniffs and Sehun has to calm her down before she burst into tears.

“I asked her for you, her name is—“ Sehun looks around and his eyes stops at Jongin. “Nini.”

Jongin gives him a look. “Nini,” he deadpans.

Sehun nods and turns back to Sora. “Nini is her name.”

“Really?” Sora asks and when Sehun nods, she smiles. “Okay, Nini.”

Sojin groans. “Sora, are you that gullible?”

Sora glances at her sister and then to her father. “What is gullible?”

Sehun sighs. “Okay, kids, lets just order and eat our lunch, shall we? Order anything you want, daddy will buy you guys anything.”

“Don’t mind if I do,” Jongin grins and picks the menu up again.

After the waitress takes their order, Sora and Sojin are keeping themselves entertained with Sehun’s phone. Sehun leans closer to Jongin.

“I need a favor.”

Jongin goes closer. “Are you finally ready to go on a blind date?”

Sehun frowns. “What? No.”

The other shrugs. “Well, too bad because I just got you a date this Saturday.”

“Saturday?” Sehun splutters. “I can’t do Saturday, I’m bringing the kids to the zoo!”

Jongin holds a finger up between their faces. “I already told the kids I’m bringing them to the zoo, they’re fine with it. Especially after I told them you will be bringing home a mother for them.”

“Jongin,” Sehun growls. “I don’t need a wife. I don’t need anyone.”

“Well, you sure as hell need me.”

Sehun sighs. He’s right. “You’re right. I really need you to take them home because I have an appointment with Soyeon’s teacher at 5 later.”

“How much you want to bet she’s going to talk to you about Soyeon’s crayon problems?”

“Soyeon does not have a crayon problem!” Sehun whispers harshly.

“Sehun, Soyeon chews on crayons, tell me how that’s not a problem!” Jongin replies in a harsh whisper too.

“She chews on non-toxic ones! Which are very expensive by the way. Also, Soyeon’s teacher is a he.”

“It doesn’t matter, he’s going to talk to you about Soyeon’s favorite snack, which by the way, is not edible!”

Just then, the waitress comes back with their order and after she puts everything on the table. Sora quacks and everyone looks at her. She giggles and picks up her spoon.

The waitress looks at Sehun and Sehun explains. “She said thank you. She believes she’s a duck.”

The waitress nods and walks away without a word. Jongin tries not to laugh at Sehun’s face.

“Not a word,” the father of three girls says. “I don’t need to hear another word from you.”

“You need a wife—they need a mother, Sehun,” Jongin states. “Look, Soyeon eats crayons, Sora thinks she’s a bird for god’s sake and Sojin… well, Sojin’s fine. I guess. And that’s probably because she takes after Soojung in so many ways. Soyeon and Sora are exactly like you, which is a problem.”

“I beg your pardon.”

Jongin sighs. “Look, just trust me on this. Okay? One date. Just one and if that person isn’t the one for you then, well, you can go on being a single dad for the rest of your life and you have me to help you.”

Sehun looks up from his plate and looks at Jongin, contemplating whether he should say yes. He does anyway. “Fine.”

Jongin cheers and grabs his spoon. “I won’t let you down, I swear. I picked a nice girl for you.”

“But if she’s—“

“If she’s not the one, then call me, I’ll send her back home. And yes, I’ll take the kids back after lunch.”

 

 

 

After work, Sehun drives straight to baby girl’s kindergarten. He parks his car and checks his hair and eyebrows before getting down. Slamming the door close, he then straighten his tie and takes long strides towards the building.

What Sehun expects is to meet Soyeon’s teacher. What he doesn’t expect is to stare at said teacher when he sees him.

“Hello, Mr. Oh. I’m Luhan and I’m glad that you’re here.”

“I,” Sehun is lost for words. “I’m Soyeon’s daddy.” Luhan is prettier up close.

Luhan just smiles. “Hi, Soyeon’s daddy.”

 

 

 

I know I said Luhan will be appearing in Chapter 3 but :) :) :)

I also created Tweetfic Dump where my friend and I tweet our ideas into fics, so yeah, check it out to learn more about it! That's all for now and I'll be updating again next week! You can leave me any questions down below! I'll try to answer them.