IDNAM 1

I Don't Need A Man.

The alarm clock rings at 6 o’clock in the morning and Sehun opens his eyes slowly before turning the alarm off. He blinks at the window, rays of sunshine peeking through the curtains. It’s a new day and Sehun should be excited because it’s his children’s first day of school for that week but he’s so tired.

“I’m up,” he tells no one in particular. Throwing the comforter aside, he sits up and throws his legs off the edge of the bed. “I’m up,” he sighs and rubs his face. Slowly standing up, he then drags himself to the washroom.

It doesn’t take long for Sehun to get ready, maybe because he has three other little humans to take care of. He shaves, wash his face and brush his teeth in 10 minutes. He jumps into the shower and is done in another 10. After putting on his clothes, which his eldest daughter chose for him last night because Monday is her day to pick, Sehun puts on a big smile and walks to his daughters’ room.

“It’s time to wake up, princesses!” Sehun greets them with kisses on their forehead. Starting with the eldest, Sojin. Then, the second, Sora. And last but not least, the youngest, So—

Sehun panics because his youngest daughter isn’t in her bed. She’s supposed to be lying there like the perfect little angel she is, on her thumb. “Soyeon!” he almost screams. He looks around, trying to find for his baby. “Where’s Soyeon? Sojin, Sora, where’s your sister?”

Sora yawns while Sojin rolls around in bed before throwing a pillow over her head because her father is too loud.

“I think Soyeon is in your room, daddy,” Sora answers very softly but Sehun manages to hear her.

“My room?” Sehun frowns, still on his knees and hands because he’s looking under the bed. He gets up quick enough and jogs back to his room. Something seems to be moving under his comforter and he sighs in relief.

Soyeon’s head pokes out from under the fluffy comforter and Sehun smiles dearly at her. “Daddy, why are you so loud?”

The man chuckles. “I’m sorry, baby. I try not to be loud in the morning next time, okay?”

“Daddy snores very loudly too,” Soyeon imitates Sehun’s snoring but fails miserably. It’s cute though, and Sehun laughs. “Soyeon had a bad dream last night, daddy! I was scared so I came to find daddy but daddy won’t wake up no matter how many times I hit you!”

“I’m sorry, again.” Sehun picks her up and kisses her cheeks a few times until she giggles. “There, forgive me.”

“You can’t always apologize with kisses, daddy,” another voice speaks suddenly and Sehun turns around to face the door. Sojin and Sora are standing there, still in their pajamas. “No one wants your kisses,” Sojin says with a disgusted look while Soyeon shakes her head, pouting adorably.

“Oh, yeah?” Sehun says and whispers into Soyeon’s ear, “Go wait for daddy in the bathroom, I’ll be there.” Soyeon nods and Sehun puts her down. The three of them watch as Soyeon pads her way out and when she’s out of sight, they focus back on each other.

Sehun puts his hands on his hips. “No one wants my kisses, yeah?”

“I’m too old for that,” Sojin states and crosses her arms. Sora shakes her head at first but when Sojin throws a glare at her, she nods furiously.

“Oh, I don’t know,” Sehun tilts his head to the right and squints at his daughter. “Maybe…” Sehun trails off before exclaiming, “COME HERE YOU!” and chases Sojin while she screams.

“NO! DADDY I DON’T WANT YOUR KISSES!”

 

 

 

It’s around 7 in the morning when those three little rascals march into the dining hall. When they’re seated (Sora helped Soyeon to get on her chair), Sehun turns away from the stove to bring them their breakfast.

“Sausages and eggs for you,” Sehun puts a pink plate in front of Sojin. “The yolks are runny, just like how you like them.”

“Thanks, daddy!” Sojin chirps.

“Pancakes for you,” Sehun put the blue plate in front of Sora. “House-shaped with whip cream at the side because they look like clouds.”

“You’re the best, daddy!” Sora cheers and grabs her fork.

“And you, my baby, your—“

“STARS!” Soyeon squeals even before Sehun gets to finish his sentence. He chuckles, takes her crayons away from her and slides her bowl of cereal toward her.

“Yes, stars. Well, hurry up and eat before all of you are late for school.”

The little ones start eating their breakfast and Sehun pulls a chair out, sitting on the other side of the table. He smiles, watching all of them eat. It’s part of his daily routine.

Sojin looks up from her plate suddenly. “What about you, daddy?”

The other two look up as well and blink at Sehun. “Yeah, what about you, daddy?”

Sehun blinks in return too and looks down at where his plate is supposed to be. “Oh,” Sehun realizes he hasn’t prepared his own breakfast. “I’ll just get something on the way to work, don’t worry.”

“You can have some of mine, daddy,” Soyeon says and the other two joins in, “Yeah, daddy, you can have some of mine,” they say in unison.

Sehun sighs, smiling when he realizes his daughters are actual angels. “Each of you feed me a bite, then?”

Three little angels nod their head and when Sora is about to feed her father a piece of bacon, the front door swings open and a loud voice fills the living room.

“HO HO HO, UNCLE JONGIN IS HERE!” Sehun rolls his eyes when he hears his best friend.

“Santa!” Soyeon screams excitedly.

Sora frowns at her little sister. “It isn’t Christmas yet, Soyeon!”

The baby pouts. “But Santa.”

“Good morning, Jongin,” Sehun greets as Jongin joins them at the dining table, putting down two big paper bags. “What is this?”

“Oh, breakfast,” Jongin grins, sitting next to Sehun. “It’s like we have this telepathic thing going on between us, I knew you didn’t have breakfast.”

Sehun is halfway digging through the paper bag when he comes to a halt. “Jongin, these are all Yixing’s favorite food.”

“Whaaaaaat,” Jongin drawls, “Pft, no they’re not.”

Sehun furrows his eyebrows. “Yes, they are. He brings these for us all the time when I need him to take care of the kids. I even had to figure out a polite way to tell Yixing that they are sick of these.”

Jongin shrugs. “Maybe I just like them as well.”

“No,” Sehun takes a sausage bun out and throws it at Jongin’s head, “maybe you just like Yixing.”

Jongin glares at his best friend, rubbing the spot the bun hits him. “Maybe you should just say thank you and eat your breakfast.”

Sehun smirks and grabs another bun from the paper bag. “Daddy has something to eat now, faster finish your breakfast.”

“Can we have a race?” Sora asks excitedly and Sehun shakes his head. “Aww, dad! You’re no fun.”

Jongin nods, munching on his bread. “Yeah, that’s right, he’s— ouch!”

“Stop talking with your mouth full, it’s disgusting!” Sehun nags after hitting the other man.

“Wow, you’re worse than my mother.”

“Of course, I am,” Sehun shrugs. “I’m a father and a mother.”

“Mm,” Jongin tries to swallow fast before continuing, “Which reminds me. Please find a fine lady and get married.”

Sehun sighs. “Jongin, we’ve been through this.”

“Uh huh, and you’re still a stubborn little .”

Sehun turns to Jongin and holds a finger up. “Do not say that word in front of the kids!”

Soyeon nods with a small pout. “You shouldn’t say ‘stubborn’, Santa. It’s a bad word.” Sojin and Sora roll their eyes next to their baby sister.

Jongin waves his hand dismissively. “Anyways, just go get married already. Or maybe go on some dates? I know some nice—“

“Jongin, save it. The only nice person you know that I can think of is Yixing and he’s my daughters’ babysitter.”

Jongin hisses. “I will never let you have Yixing.”

Sehun smirks. “I honestly think Yixing will choose me over you, though.”

“Whatever, I’m setting up some blind dates for you.”

“Don’t you dare!” Sehun warns. “I’m too busy for any dates. I have my job, I have my kids, look, I even have you to worry about.”

“Me?!” Jongin says indignantly. “Wha—what did I do!”

“Look, Yixing is the best babysitter out there and to be very honest, the only babysitter who isn’t afraid of my babies and vice versa. You!” Sehun pokes Jongin’s chest threateningly, “if you scare him away, you will be my new babysitter.”

“But I’m no good with kids when I’m alone with them, “ Jongin wails.

“Yeah, that’s right,” Sehun nods, “think before you do dumb stuffs. Or I’ll make sure Soyeon drools all over your expensive Givenchy shirt this time when she falls asleep on you.”

“And Sora will draw duckies on your shirt!” Sojin adds and Sora nods eagerly.

“Duckies!” Sora cheers because ducks are her favorite!

“See this is why they need a mother, what have you done to them!”

Sehun smiles at his daughters. “They’re little angels.” And they smile back, even blinking their eyes rapidly at Jongin. Little angels, they are.

“You guys are lucky I love all of you,” Jongin whispers harshly at four of them. Sehun laughs and the three young ones giggle because they know Jongin is just playing. Jongin takes one last bite and swallows it before speaking again. “But don’t you girls want a mother?”

There is silence and Sehun looks at his girls. All of them are quiet and somehow, Sehun is a little worried. They don’t dare to look up, only looking down at their almost empty plates or bowl.

“Girls?” Sehun calls softly and only Soyeon looks up.

“I want a mummy,” the youngest one mumbles. Sehun sits back, going limp and Jongin smirks.

“I’ll tell you when and where your first blind date will be,” Jongin tells his best friend, clapping his shoulder.

 

 

 

Finally posting Chapter 1, yay! It's my first time writing Sehun... as a sweet father (lol), it's new and exciting to be very honest. Luhan won't make an appearance until the 3rd chapter, I think, because I'm writing Chapter 2 right now and I'm still heading there. Mm, I'll update this next week and hopefully, it'll clear up some confusion. Or you can just ask and I'll reply (if it doesn't spoil the story) :) And for those who left lovely comments on my other fic, Love Stages, I want to say thank you. Most of them really touched me and they just make me want to write, ya' know?

** I forgot to add: the girls are Sojin, Sora and Soyeon; Who is the eldest/youngest? Easy, their names, (J)in, (R)a and (Y)eon. According to alphabetical order, J comes first so Sojin is the eldest daughter, Y comes last so Soyeon is the youngest.