IDNAM 4

I Don't Need A Man.

After saying goodbye to Luhan (it’s only 6 in the evening but Luhan has to prepare for Monday’s class damn it), Sehun smiles and watches as Luhan turns around and walks towards his car (Sehun can’t fetch him back and spend more time with Luhan— damn it again). The tall man sighs and pockets his hands before spinning on his heels, making his way to his car on the opposite direction.

The day, or date, turns out to be great and Sehun thanks god Luhan appeared at the right time. He rather spends the day with Luhan over any other girl.

“But it’s not a date,” Sehun frowns to himself and pulls his car key out of his pocket. “It could be,” he tells himself, “if I ask him properly?”

Unlocking his car, Sehun then swings the door open and gets in. After closing the door and turning on the engine, Sehun lies back into his seat and stares at nothing in particular. He drums his fingers the steering wheel.

“Should I just call him and ask him out again?”

Silence.

“Maybe text him?”

Sehun takes his time to think it through.

Until he remembers the fact that he doesn’t have the kindergarten teacher’s number. “Ah, damn it!” Sehun curses and slams the steering wheel, hurting his fingers in the process. He winces, “God, why?” and holds his sore hand.

Sehun wants to scream and hit everything and maybe kick his car as well but then he also remembers that he’s an adult, a father too and so he sighs and slumps back into his seat.

“I’m really useless,” Sehun says as he puts the handbrake down. “I can’t tell this to Jongin.”

 

 

 

“Wow, you’re really useless.”

Sehun frowns and throws a pillow at Jongin, which he avoids. All of them are in the living room, a cup of ice cream in each hand. Yixing has a napkin with him too just in case the girls have some all over their faces.

It’s 8 p.m. and when Sehun reached home an hour ago, he didn’t expect his kids to be home already. Jongin said it was because their kids are excited to see their new mother and Yixing shrugged, smiling afterwards with a deep dimple. But of course, Sehun didn’t bring home anyone, his kids sighed.

Tangled is showing on the television and it’s the girls’ favorite Disney movie. They are, of course, very excited, paying no attention to the adults who continue they conversation about how dumb Sehun is.

“You need to get your head in the game, man,” Jongin says with a mouthful of ice cream, some dripping out of the corner of his lips. Yixing gives him another tissue to wipe his mouth. “Thanks, beautiful,” Yixing smiles and Jongin continues, “You’re not living a fairytale life here. If you haven’t noticed, it’s the real world, you are on your own! Well, you have three kids with you, but still.”

“Look, at least I had fun,” Sehun states, digging his spoon into his vanilla ice cream.

“And you want to have more fun, am I right? Am I right?” Jongin asks and both Yixing and Sehun nod. Jongin flicks his spoon at Sehun, which causes Sehun to flinch as drops of ice cream land on his face. Yixing gives Sehun a tissue.

Sehun mumbles, “Thanks. And yes, I guess… I want to have more fun.”

“Well, you lost the chance!” Jongin’s sudden outburst causes everyone to jump in surprise and Sehun immediately stands up to get his kids to bed. Jongin watches in daze, his face a little red.

“Kay, kids, lets go,” Sehun says, wanting to go to bed himself to sleep away the disappointment.

“Aww,” his daughters drop their shoulders and moan in unison before putting their cup on the table, which Yixing will clean up later.

Three little girls run towards their room while Sehun follows after in slow steps. Yixing manages to speak and gets his attention first. “It’s fine, you’ll see Luhan again when Monday comes, Mr. Oh!”

Sehun turns to smile at the university student. “Thanks, Yixing.” He is about to continue on when he suddenly looks over to his best friend who is sleeping soundly on the couch. “You can just leave him there. I knew letting him pour whiskey into his ice cream wasn’t a good idea.”

Yixing turns to look at Jongin and chuckles. “Yeah. Good night, Mr. Oh. I’ll clean the place up before heading home.”

Sehun wants to tell Yixing he doesn’t have to but he doesn’t because he knows the kid will insist to do so anyway. He sighs and smiles at the other. “Good night, Yixing. Have a safe trip home.”

When Sehun enters his daughters’ room, they’re already lying down on their bed, waiting for him to tuck them in. He walks over to Sojin first, her bed is the nearest to the door. After pulling her blanket up to her nose, just like how she likes it, he kisses her forehead.

“Good night, daddy.”

“Good night, darling.”

Sehun moves to the next bed and he soon finds Sora in dreamland. He chuckles at the sight, how Sora’s limbs are spread out and is open. Soojung used to nag him for his bad sleeping habits. “Good night, my princess,” he whispers and bends down to give Sora a kiss on her forehead as well.

“Daddy,” Soyeon calls softly from the next bed and Sehun looks up with a smile. He moves to her side quickly. “Daddy…”

“Hmm?” Sehun sits down on her bed, the mattress sinking down a little and Soyeon rolls closer to him. “You want a bedtime story?”

Soyeon nods sleepily. “Please tell me about your day with Teacher Lulu.”

“Lulu?” Sehun chuckles. “Okay, come on, move over.” Without waiting for Soyeon to roll to the other side, Sehun picks her up and settles down on her bed, his back resting against the headboard.  Soyeon hugs Sehun tightly, arms around his body and her face presses onto his chest.

“He wants us to call him Teacher Lu but Lulu sounds nicer, right daddy?”

Sehun her small head. “Yes, of course, baby.”

“Will daddy and Lulu go out again?”

“I don’t know.”

“Does daddy like Lulu?”

Sehun freezes, unsure of what to answer her. He isn’t sure if he likes Luhan. But oh, who is he kidding? He wants to see that kindergarten teacher again. “Yes.”

Soyeon smiles and hugs him tighter. “Soyeon likes Lulu too.”

“Yeah?” Sehun grins and kisses the crown of her head. “And what if Lulu becomes your mother?”

“Lulu already is,” Soyeon says with a yawn and closes her eyes.

Sehun is about to say goodnight when Soyeon’s sentence hit him and he is confused again. “What.”

 

 

 

When Monday arrives once again, Sehun is up before his alarm clock rings and he rushes into his bathroom to get ready. He gets to see Luhan again, like finally, and this time, he’s making sure Luhan’s number gets into his phone’s contact list.

After changing, he speed-walks to the girls’ room. “Good morning, babies!” he greets cheerfully and his daughters sit up groggily. All three of them rub their eyes as their father walks around their room, preparing their outfit for school.

“Daddy,” Sojin groans. “It’s a little too early!”

“Nonsense!” Sehun replies. We need to get you two to school early so I can drop Soyeon at her place earlier! Of course, he keeps the part where he will have 15 minutes extra with the kindergarten teacher to himself.

Since it’s Monday, it’s Sojin’s turn to choose the outfit of the day for Sehun but Sehun has already changed into his work clothes. “Daddy!” Sojin grumbles and Sehun smiles back apologetically.

The father of three prepares the breakfast while his girls brush their teeth. When they’re finally dragging themselves out of their room one by one, the first meal of the day is already served. “Eat up!” Sehun orders and sits down with his babies. Soyeon finds her way next to her father and makes grabby hands at him, wanting to be picked up. Sehun smiles at her and carries her, letting her sit on his lap. Then, he feeds her.

The girls finish their breakfast in ten minutes, only because Sehun keeps reminding them that time is precious and that they shouldn’t waste more time when they have lots to do. Sojin and Sora don’t argue of course, knowing their father will never stop with his moral of the day moments. Sehun doesn’t even bother to clean the dishes, leaving them aside and picks Soyeon once again before ushering his other two daughters out.

Once they’re in the car, Sehun remembers to out on seatbelts for all of them. He’s eager to see the beautiful kindergarten teacher but he doesn’t forget his father duties. His children’s safety is his priority after all.

“Are you guys ready?”

“Yeah…” his kids reply in a sluggish tone.

Sehun smirks. “Enjoy the ride!”

He speeds off but doesn’t go over the speed limit. Sojin and Sora are clutching onto their seatbelts tightly while baby Soyeon claps excitedly next to Sehun. “Faster! Faster!”

Sojin and Sora, just like their mother, hate roller coaster rides, or anything fast. Soyeon on the other hand, seems to have Sehun’s daring trait.

 

 

 

“When are we getting down?” Soyeon whispers as she leans closer to her father who is staring out the window quietly like a predator. Sehun still doesn’t see Luhan yet.

“Soon, kiddo,” the man replies. “You’re gonna help daddy spot Teacher Lulu, okay? I need your help.”

Soyeon nods. “Are we playing a game, daddy?”

“Yeah,” Sehun whispers as though he’s a real predator, afraid that he’ll scare a certain deer off. “The person who sees Teacher Lulu first gets ice cream.”

The little girl frowns. “But what happens if you see Lulu first?”

“You get ice cream too, honey.”

“Okay!” Soyeon bounces happily in her seat, smiling. Just then, Luhan appears and Soyeon screams. “THERE, DADDY, THERE! SOYEON SEES LULU FIRST!”

Sehun jumps in surprised and accidentally knocks his elbow onto the horn, the sudden loud sound booms across the street. People around the kindergarten flinch in shock too, snapping their heads to Sehun’s car. Sehun gulps when Luhan’s eyes meet his.

“Okay, baby,” Sehun reaches over to pick Soyeon up clumsily. “Lets go now.”

Sehun tries to exit his car coolly, but even so, he isn’t driving the most impressive car. He never thought of the day he would actually need to woo someone when he bought his car back then.

“You made quite an entrance, Mr. Oh,” Luhan chuckles when Sehun is just a few feet away.

“Just call me—“

“I know, Sehun,” the shorter male smiles and holds his hands out to carry Soyeon. For once, Soyeon shakes her head and clings onto Sehun. “Daddy’s little girl, aren’t you?”

Sehun chuckles nervously. “Y-yeah. She’s very attached. My other girls too.”

Luhan’s jaw drops slightly. “You have more?”

“W-well, yeah, two more,” Sehun stutters, holding two fingers up. “Sojin and Sora.”

Luhan smiles. “They must be adorable too.” Sehun nods enthusiastically, wanting to tell Luhan more about his daughters. Maybe Luhan likes kids too. Maybe Luhan will find him more attractive when Luhan knows that he’s good with kids. “Come here, Soyeon. I’m sure your father needs to go to work now.”

Sehun is about to open his mouth to tell Luhan that, “No, I came here earlier just so I can talk to you!” but Soyeon beats him to it. “Yes, mama,” she says and Sehun gapes. Luhan on the other hand, panics.

“It’s not what it looks like, or sounds like,” Luhan says as Soyeon reaches out for him and he carries Soyeon over. “She asked me if I could be his mother and I just—well, I couldn’t say no to her.”

So, this is what it’s all about. Sehun nods. “It’s fine. I guess Soyeon really wants a mother.”

“Have you tried to…” Luhan trails off, his free hand the back of Soyeon’s head comfortingly.

Sehun shakes his head. “Well, I want to… but I don’t think I will ever find someone else.”

“Oh.”

Sehun hopes he’s not thinking too much but Luhan does look a little disappointed. No one says anything after that and Sehun is staring quietly at Luhan, who looks away, hand still caressing Soyeon.

“Well,” Luhan clears his throat and takes a step back. “I guess you should go now. Don’t want to be late for work, right?”

Sehun nods his head again, stiffly this time and takes a step back too. “I should.”

Luhan gives Sehun a small smile. “Okay, see you when school ends,” he says softly and turns around.

The taller male curls his fingers into fists, biting his lower lip as he watches his possible future partner leaves with his daughter. Soyeon lifts her head up a little, looking at him with puppy dog eyes like she wants him to do something.

It’s now or never.

“WAIT!” Sehun shouts suddenly and Luhan stops at his track. The kindergarten teacher spins around, eyes locking with the taller man’s and his lips quirk up into a small grin.

“Yes, Sehun?”

“I… I…” Sehun swallows hard and clenches his fists again. “I…”

“Yes?”

“I like how you’re letting my daughter call you mama!” he says in one breath and Luhan’s eyes widen. Sehun ignores the people who are staring at them now but Luhan seems to not, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the stares he’s receiving.

“It’s fine,” Luhan manages to give him a small smile and Sehun can see how uncomfortable he is. “I’ll see you later, Mr. Oh.”

…Mr. Oh. Sehun sighs. Luhan is calling him Mr. Oh again.

“Luhan, I—“ Sehun doesn’t get to finish his sentence because Luhan is already walking away. Sehun’s shoulders slump and he looks up to see Soyeon waving her tiny hand at him. He waves back and heaves out another breath of disappointment.

Sehun is such a .

 

 

 

UNIVERSITY IS KILLING ME but other than that I'm alive, hi guys. I hope I'm going somewhere with this fic, but basically, before I started writing this, my general idea is Sehun trying to woo Luhan ((lol that simple)). So yeah, for the next few chapters to come you will see how Sehun uses his dumb ways to court Luhan and I hope it'll be fun to write!