IDNAM 9

I Don't Need A Man.

A sudden beep and few vibrations wake Sehun up. He cracks his eyes open slowly and realizes he doesn’t even need to adjust to the bright light because the sun isn’t even out yet. There’s a sharp pain that shoots right up his back and he groans, trying to stretch but finds out he can’t do so when there’s a heavy weight on his left arm. Sehun looks down, his nose buries into the petite male’s hair instantly and he inhales.

Now that is something he wants to wake up to everyday.

Turns out, they knocked out right after the last slow kisses. They didn’t exactly made out hours straight but it felt like it. The last thing Sehun recalls before falling asleep is Luhan pressing a soft kiss on his cheek.

The beep can be heard again and Sehun looks around, blindly touching the floor until he grabs onto a familiar object. He presses the home button of his phone and almost drops it on his face when the sudden brightness hits his face. Slowly adjusting to it, he then unlocks the screen.

Good morning, Mr. Oh! It’s time for me to go to school now--

Sehun checks the time. Damn, it’s only 5!

--but don’t worry! Jongin will still be here to watch the girls. They’re all angels. Hope you had a great night, sir. Waiting for the good news.

Sehun blushes and before he can even put it away, Luhan reaches up to grab his phone. That surprised Sehun and Sehun is about to apologize when Luhan pulls it out of his hand and sets it aside, where Sehun can’t reach.

“It’s too early for any human being to function,” Luhan mumbles, eyes still close. “Is it about work?”

“No,” Sehun replies, his voice hoarse and deep. He really needs water. “It’s just Yixing.”

Luhan’s eyes flutter open. “Nothing’s wrong, right?”

“Oh, no,” Sehun shakes his head and Luhan sighs in relief, shutting his eyes again. He snuggles closer and Sehun instinctively presses a kiss on Luhan’s forehead. When he pulls back, his eyes widen. “I-I’m sorry,” he splutters, “I—“

“It’s fine,” Luhan chuckles as he opens his eyes again and he notices how Sehun is holding his breath. “Hey,” the smaller male frowns and taps Sehun’s chin. “Breathe.”

Sehun does, inhaling deep and stops breathing again when Luhan presses a kiss into his neck.

“Breathe,” Luhan commands against Sehun’s flushed skin.

Sehun exhales and finds it hard to breathe still when Luhan is this close. Although he must admit, he enjoys this.

Suddenly, Luhan pushes himself off the floor and is now on top of Sehun. Sehun stares at Luhan with widened eyes, realizing the smirk on Luhan’s face even though it’s dark.

“I think you need CPR.”

Sehun blinks and he wants to shout, “YES!” but he finds himself shaking his head vigorously.

“No?”

He shakes his head again. When Luhan leans down to kiss the corner of his lips, Sehun keeps his breath in again.

Luhan giggles. “I think you do.”

Okay, Sehun wants to say but he can’t.

The teacher caresses Sehun’s warm cheek with a smile and kisses the tip of his nose before rolling off. Sehun gets up, a little confused as he stares at the young man next to him.

“No… CPR…?

Luhan blinks and then, he burst out laughing. “You’re so cute,” Luhan whispers and cranes his neck to give Sehun another long kiss on the lips.

 

 

 

After dropping Luhan off at his place—Yes, I finally know where he stays!-- Sehun then drives back home. He’s in a very good mood and he’s contemplating if he should just stay home for the day. There’s nothing much to do at his office today anyways.

When he opens the door to his house, Soyeon comes running to him and Sehun hears her scream all the way. “Daddy!”

Sehun picks her up and throws her up with little energy before catching her. He knows very well how much Soyeon likes being thrown like this. She giggles and he presses a kiss on her cheek.

“How’s my baby girl?”

“Great!” she chirps, this is the first time Sehun seen her so energetic. “We had fun! I hope daddy had fun too!”

Sehun raises his eyebrows. “What did you guys do?”

“Yixing taught us how to bake cookies!” Soyeon wriggles excitedly in her father’s arms. “But Uncle Jongin ate everything,” she pouts.

The tall man laughs. “I’m not even surprised.”

Soyeon nods enthusiastically. “Cookies tasted good! I saved one for daddy! It’s under my pillow! Put me down, let me go get it!”

“Pillow?” Sehun repeats while she demands to be put down and Sehun listens to her. “Oh, dear, no.”

Soyeon giggles as she pads off. “I put it in a plastic bag!”

Sehun lets out a breath of relief. His baby girl is smart after all.

As usual, Sehun gets into the kitchen to make breakfast for his kids. He also remembers to make an extra large plate of pancakes for Jongin because his best friend deserves it. Sehun should invite Yixing over for dinner tonight.

It’s not long until his daughters are at their usual seats. Sehun smiles when he sees them and places their breakfast in front of his precious girls.

“Good morning.”

“Morning, daddy.”

Sehun gives them a satisfied smirk, feeling like a proud father as he sits down too. Just then, Jongin walks out and takes a seat next to Sehun.

“Here,” Sehun pushes the big plate towards Jongin and Jongin stares at the pancakes before looking up at his best friend. “What?”

“What did I do?”

Sehun laughs. “What do you mean? You actually stayed overnight to take care of my girls.”

Jongin blinks innocently before breaking into a grin. “I know, just want you to say it. And, thank you, for breakfast.”

“No, thank you for being here. I know how you kind of dislike kids.”

“Hey, I don’t dislike kids,” Jongin chews carefully, “in fact, they’re not kids! They’re your princesses!” That makes Sehun smile and Jongin stuffs more pancakes into his mouth. “And Yixing came over so…”

“I know,” Sehun nods with a chuckle.

“So…?” Jongin puts his knife and fork down before focusing on Sehun entirely. “How was it?”

“The date? It was great!”

“No!” Jongin hisses and gets closer while the girls watch them attentively. “You know… the se—“

“—WELL,” Sehun slaps a hand over Jongin’s mouth. “Don’t talk with your mouth full!” he says awkwardly and smiles at his daughters, equally awkward. “Right, girls?”

Sojin scrunches her nose. “Yeah, Uncle Jongin, where are your manners?”

“Mm?” Jongin’s eyes widen and he pulls Sehun’s hand away. “Man, tell me!”

“Can we please talk later?”

“Uhh, how about no? Now. How great was he?”

Sehun clears his throat. “Well… he’s good at kissing.”

“Skip to the best part!”

“That is the best part!” Sehun says exasperatedly. “We kissed! That’s all!”

Sojin throws her father a disgusted look. “Eww, daddy.”

Sehun gives her an apologetic look in return. “Sorry, dear.”

“Yeah, well, you better be sorry!” Jongin grabs his fork and waves it around. “I did not look over your princesses just so you can get a kiss!”

“But it wasn’t just a kiss!” the father of three groans, “we were at it for hours—“

“Daddy, please,” Sojin reminds and Sehun throws a glare at Jongin.

“Look, we kissed, okay? I don’t want to rush anything—“

“Clearly if you don’t, someone is going to take Luhan away.”

Sehun sits up straight. “What?”

“Bro, when Yixing went to pick Soyeon up, he saw Luhan with this other teacher and let me tell you,” Jongin points a finger at Sehun, “if you don’t get your together, that guy is going to get that —I mean , kids, I said .”

“B-but we kissed,” Sehun whimpers.

Jongin hits the table with his fist. “That teacher was holding your Luhan’s waist! I bet he touches him all the time!”

“But who!” Sehun grows impatient and then, he turns to look at his baby girl. “Soyeon, princess, my darling, who is Teacher Lu close to?”

Soyeon looks up from her bowl of porridge. “Mama? Mama is always with Mr. Kim!”

“There you go!” Jongin exclaims. “There you go! I swear, Sehun, all Kim’s are dickheads, don’t trust them!”

Sehun looks at Jongin pointedly. “Jongin, your last name is Kim too.”

Jongin doesn’t reply and everyone stays silent. “I have nothing else to say.”

The girls laugh and Sojin suddenly asks, “Daddy, what is a dickhead?”

Sehun only glares at Jongin again and the tan man raises both hands up in defeat.

 

 

 

“Mama!” Soyeon runs to Luhan as soon as Sehun puts her down. He chuckles when Luhan manages to catch her and lifts her. “Mama! Did daddy treat you well?”

“Oh, yes,” Luhan laughs softly, “yes, he did.”

Sehun smiles upon hearing Luhan’s reply and walks towards them with more confidence this time. “Morning.”

Luhan smirks. “Morning, again.” They continue to look into each other’s eyes that they forget the child that’s staring at them both. When Soyeon pokes Luhan’s cheek, the young man blinks and snaps back into reality. He clears his throat. “Yes, dear?”

“Mama, what’s a dickhead?”

The moment that word comes out of Soyeon’s pretty little mouth, Sehun’s eyes go wide. Luhan gasps and raises his eyebrows at her father.

“Sehun…”

Sehun splutters, looking from Luhan to Soyeon. “Darling, you’re not supposed to repeat that, remember?”

“Repeat?!” Luhan says incredulously. “She said this before?”

“W-well,” Sehun goes into panic mode as usual. “Jongin said it a-and I don’t want to put the blame on him entirely because it’s probably my fault too since I left them with him and—“

Luhan cuts him off, “Judging by your logic, it’s ultimately my fault? I called him.”

“N-no! No, of course not! He’s my best friend, I—“

The shorter male sighs before putting Soyeon down. “Darling, do you mind going inside first? Let me talk to your father for ten minutes?”

Sehun’s doomed. He can feel it, in fact, he hears Angels calling him from above. Or maybe it’s just Luhan’s voice. Damn, he sounds hot when he’s mad.

Sehun blinks and shakes his head. “Focus, Sehun!”

When Sehun looks back up to meet eyes with Luhan, Luhan is staring at him as though he’s a weird human being. He probably is, he deserves that look.

“Look, I’m sorry, I promise that—“

“I thought we’ve been through this?”

“What?”

“Why are you stuttering again?” Luhan frowns and Sehun feels the guilt eating him up from the inside. “It’s like you’re afraid of me. Am I that scary?”

Sehun shakes his head. “No! You’re not,” Sehun gulps, “scary. I’m just nervous, you know, that’s how people are when they’re with someone they really like, okay and I really like you and I’m talking a lot right now, I might not even stop—“

Luhan grabs Sehun’s hands and he effectively stops Sehun from speaking too much that morning for the umpteenth time. “Breathe,” Luhan orders, the back of Sehun’s hands. “Breathe now.”

Sehun does what he’s told and nods dumbly. “Breathe.”

“Good,” Luhan says and one end of his lips tugs upwards into a small grin. “Now, where’s my confident Oh Sehun.”

My, he said I’m his, Sehun stops breathing again and Luhan smacks his chest. Sehun coughs after the sudden hit and Luhan lets go of Sehun’s hands immediately before cupping his face and pulling him in.

Luhan’s kisses surprise Sehun all of the time, maybe because Luhan loves pulling Sehun down out of nowhere and kisses him like it’s the most natural thing to do. Sehun can get used to this.

The moment Sehun relaxes into the kiss, he can feel Luhan smiling against his lips and Luhan kisses him deeper when Sehun wraps his arms around the small man’s body.

Luhan is the one who breaks the kiss but their foreheads are still pressed against each other. Panting lightly, Luhan speaks first, “Instead of flowers, why don’t you kiss me every time we see each other?”

“Okay,” Sehun exhales.

Tip-toeing, Luhan leans closer and whispers into Sehun’s ears. “And the next time I have you for the entire night, we’re not calling Jongin.”

“N-next time?”

Luhan smacks Sehun’s so hard the taller man shrieks and Luhan pushes him away playfully. After giving him a sweet smile and a wave, Luhan spins around and walks away, leaving Sehun behind with a really red face.

 

 

 

TO BE VERY HONEST, I never thought I'd be able to update this week. Homework/Assignment isn't one of the excuses, I'm just sort of lazy. I've been busy the past few weeks and I just wanted to take a break this weekend-- but look at that, I still updated lol because I really need fluff. Not just any kind of fluff but my fluff, ya know? I mean, I don't know if there's a difference for you guys but it's different when you read fluff and when you write your own fluff. I appreciate all the comments, they keep me motivated and I really just feel like writing fluff all the time. I think fluff is my thing ya know but heh I love too ((strange why isn't there a [M] next to my title) Anyways, hopefully, I'll update again next week! Bye!