IDNAM 3

I Don't Need A Man.

Sehun should probably stop staring, it’s kind of rude, but his baby girl’s teacher is really beautiful when he’s just a few feet away. Luhan is talking non-stop, Jongin is right, he is complaining about Soyeon’s weird habit. Sehun doesn’t get it, still, what’s so weird about Soyeon chewing on non-toxic crayons? You know what’s weirder?

“Why are you so beautiful?” Sehun asks out loud, eyes squinting at the young teacher before him. It’s supposed to stay in his head but happened. Luhan squints back.

“Excuse me?”

After realizing that the young man has heard him, Sehun clears his throat awkwardly and sits back. “Uhm, well—“

“Were you even paying attention?” the teacher adds and Sehun wants to lie but Luhan is glaring, burning holes through his head. Sehun gulps. He probably shouldn’t lie. Teachers know when you lie.

He sinks into his seat. “No,” he squeaks but still sounds manly. “I was thinking.”

“About how beautiful I am?”

Sehun nods.

“Shouldn’t you be paying attention to something more important?”

“Like your eyes?”

Luhan walks closer, eyes not leaving Sehun’s. When he is just right in front of the desk Sehun is sitting at (which is incredibly small for Sehun but when Luhan asked him to sit he couldn’t say no), Luhan places his hands on the desk and leans in to Sehun’s face.

The closer he gets, the more beautiful he becomes.

“Like your daughter,” Luhan whispers, eyes boring into Sehun and Sehun almost concludes he’s in love out loudly. “Now stop daydreaming about me and start paying attention.”

The teacher pushes himself back and walks to his own desk. Sehun stares at his and almost whistles when Luhan turns around.

“I have never seen a parent quite like you, Mr. Oh,” Luhan crosses his arms.

“Thank you,” Sehun replies. “I have never seen a teacher or a man as beautiful as you of course. And please, call me Sehun.”

Luhan chuckles. “Being informal now, are we?”

Sehun smiles. “Maybe we can even get coffee sometimes.”

“Maybe,” Luhan hums. “But we’re not here to discuss about us, we’re supposed to be talking about Soyeon.”

Sehun shrugs. “I don’t see any problem with her chewing onto crayons.” Luhan is about to say something when Sehun holds one hand up, shutting the other. “Non-toxic ones. What kind of father am I if I let her chew to her death? I’ve got it covered.”

Luhan only smiles sweetly, maybe a little too sweet. “Well, then. I guess you have no problem chewing one too?”

Sehun blinks. “What?”

“They’re non-toxic, right?” Luhan nods, pulling one out from his back pocket. “Give it a try.”

“But that’s a crayon.”

Luhan grins. “A non-toxic crayon.”

 

 

 

“You did not,” Jongin snickers and Sehun frowns at him before turning away to feed Soyeon her porridge. “You need to marry him.”

“Please,” Sehun rolls his eyes before holding up a napkin to wipe Soyeon’s mouth. “I don’t need to marry a woman and I definitely don’t need to marry him.”

Jongin pulls his legs up onto the couch and starts bouncing on his knees. “He managed to get you to eat a crayon! He’s the one for you!”

After blowing carefully to cool the porridge and feeding his daughter another spoon, he focuses back on Jongin. “I took a bite because he mocked me,” Sehun hisses and turns around when baby girl tugs on his sleeves, asking for more. He smiles at her and feeds her another spoon of porridge. “Also,” Sehun looks back to Jongin, “he is not suitable for me. Other than being beautiful, I know nothing about him. He’s probably the whiny, nagging type.” Sehun shudders at the thought. Soojung used to nag him a lot but he couldn’t blame her, he was sort of useless back then.

“Fine,” Jongin says, sitting back down and throwing his legs off the couch. “Then, the blind date is still on.”

“Sure,” Sehun replies and feeds baby girl the last scoop of porridge. “You’re done, baby! Look at that, you’ve finished your dinner!”

Soyeon claps her hands. “Can Soyeon go play with Sojin and Sora now?”

“Of course, you can,” Sehun ruffles her hair, making her giggle. “And then you have to promise daddy to take a shower at 7, alright? Your bedtime is at—“

“8! Got it!” Soyeon jumps off the couch and runs to her room.

Sehun grins as both of them watch Soyeon running away with her short legs. Jongin doesn’t smile for long though and he sighs when he turns back to the television.

“Soojung didn’t even get to see Soyeon.”

Sehun smiles sadly at that. “Yeah, well, I bet she still knew Soyeon will be beautiful, just like her.”

Jongin nods. “We were kind of lucky, huh? Soojung only hanged out with us back then and god knows how everyone wants to know her.” Sehun nods, staring at the television screen just like Jongin even though they aren’t paying attention to the show. “You’re luckier because you married her.”

“She liked me more.”

“Loved, too,” Jongin huffs, crossing his arms. “But it’s fine, I have my sweetie patootie, my angel, my—“

“Can you not call my babysitter sweetie patootie? It’s weird.”

“You’re just jealous you have no one to call ‘sweetie patootie’ now,” Jongin glares and his intense gaze falters when he sees Sehun all sad and down. “Hey, I’m sorry. I was just joking, I—“

Sehun sighs. “It’s fine, Jongin. It’s been 5 years, anyway. I’m fine.”

They stay in silence, eyes back on the television in front of them yet they know that neither of them know what’s going on on the TV.

5 minutes later, Jongin is the one to speak first. “It’s never too late,” he says and Sehun looks over to his best friend. “You don’t have to stay single for the rest of your life. We both know Soojung wants you to be happy, even if it’s not her who’s making you smile.”

“I know.”

“Then, what’s holding you back?”

Sehun doesn’t need to think to reply, “I don’t want this to just be about my girls. I… I don’t want to just find a mother for my girls, I want to find a lover for myself too. Do you understand, Jongin?”

“And?”

“No one caught my eyes. No one made me feel the way Soojung made me feel.”

Jongin smirks. “If you say so.”

 

 

 

Saturday finally arrives and it’s already 11 a.m. when Sehun gets his up to go get ready for his blind date. His daughters push and pull him to his room after getting a call from their favorite uncle, they promised Jongin to help Sehun with his choice of outfit for the date.

Sojin gets to work first, heading straight to the closet. “You must make an impression. A good one.”

Sora nods. “Dress white! Like a swan prince.”

“But daddy isn’t a swan,” Soyeon furrows her eyebrows. “Daddy should wear Superman pajamas!”

Sehun laughs and carries Soyeon. “Do I look good in the Superman pajamas?”

“Uh huh,” Soyeon nods. “Like superman!”

After a few minutes, Sojin walks out with a complete outfit, from a simple white button down to faded jeans and a pair of Vans. Sehun takes them all and goes to change while his babies sit on the edge of his bed like little angels. When he steps out after putting everything on, his girls smile at him and give him a big thumbs up. Sehun smiles in return and is about to usher them out when Sora points at the side table.

“Wear that, daddy.”

Sehun looks over and walks there to get it. He picks the sunglasses up. “This?”

Sora nods and Sehun grins before pocketing it. “Okay, I’m ready, lets go.”

Sehun carries baby girl again and his hand is on Sora’s shoulder as Sojin leads them out of the room. The front door opens just then and they all know it’s Jongin because only he has the key to their apartment. What’s surprising though is the laughter that doesn’t belong to Jongin.

“Yixing,” Sehun blinks at the sight of his babysitter, a senior at the university just down the road. “I didn’t call you.”

“Jongin did!” the young man chirps, pointing at Jongin before waving at the kids, who wave back. “I heard you’re going on a date and Jongin is bringing them to the zoo. He said three kids are too many for him to handle so he called me.”

Sehun gives Jongin a look. “Of course,” he mumbles and hands Soyeon over to Yixing. Soyeon is excited ever since she saw Yixing at the door. Sehun is thinking if it’s a bad idea to hand his kids to them both since Jongin might get distracted by Yixing and at the same time, distract Yixing. That isn’t good, at all. But then again, it’s Yixing. Yixing always takes good care of his girls. “I hope it’s no trouble at all for you. I’ll pay you when I get back.”

Yixing shakes his head immediately. “It’s fine, Mr. Oh! Jongin paid for my ticket anyway, it’s enough. Besides, I get to see them again,” Yixing nuzzles his nose into Soyeon’s fluffy cheek and she giggles. “I miss them so much.”

“Alright,” Sehun nods and pulls Jongin to the kitchen while his daughters throw questions at their favorite babysitter. “You better bring my babies back in one piece.”

Jongin rolls his eyes. “I will. Am I that dumb to ruin my only chance to show Yixing that I’m great with kids?”

“Do not buy them too many candies, make sure they eat proper meals, Jongin,” Sehun adds on and Jongin only nods. “Also, carry Soyeon sometimes because she has to run to catch up with you.”

“Fine,” Jongin replies and places his hands on Sehun’s shoulder to give them a little squeeze. “Geez, you’re so tensed up. Just leave them to me and enjoy your date.”

Sehun sighs. “I don’t know which is worse. Going on that blind date or leaving my kids with you.”

“You’ll be fine,” Jongin pats Sehun’s cheek softly and Sehun groans. “I’ll have a good time, Yixing will have a good time, your daughters will have a good time and you, my dear friend, will have a great time.” Jongin gives Sehun a smile and Sehun frowns even more. “Oh, and just in case you’re getting laid tonight—“

“I—“

“Just saying,” Jongin cuts his best friend off, “if you’re getting laid tonight just don’t bring her back here and call me so I can stay over to watch over them.”

“Watch over them with Yixing, you mean.”

Jongin beams. “Exactly.”

Sehun snorts. “Don’t worry, I won’t be banging anyone tonight and you better bring them home by 8!”

 

 

 

Just as planned, Sehun is waiting in front of a frozen yogurt store at two in the afternoon. He checks his watch every few minutes and rocks back and forth on his feet, his hands behind him. Sehun is about to go in to order something for himself when a young lady appears in front of him.

“Sehun?”

Sehun blinks and takes a good look at her face before replying, “Yes?”

She smiles, a little too eager, and grabs his arm. Wait, where’s the introduction and polite handshake? “Jongin told me a lot about you! He’s right, you’re really handsome!”

“Thanks?” Sehun answers and she pulls him to the door. “I’m sorry but what’s your name?”

Her eyes never leave Sehun. “Oh, I’m—“ she reaches for the door but the door is swinging open and that’s when someone knocks into her, spilling frozen yogurt on her chest. She screams and Sehun can feel a headache coming.

“I’m really sorry!” the person says and it only takes Sehun a second to recognize who that is. “I’m really, really sorry, miss, I didn’t mean to.”

“Luhan,” Sehun calls out suddenly and Luhan looks over to him.

“Sehun,” Luhan whispers and his eyes trail down the Sehun’s and the woman’s linked arms.

The woman whines, pulling tissues from her bag and tries to clean the mess but to no avail. Luhan looks at her apologetically and he really wants to help but he finds himself looking away when he realizes he’s staring at her chest.

Sehun chuckles at that because Luhan is really adorable and that’s when the woman turns to him. “What’s so funny?” she huffs. Sehun doesn’t get to reply when she stomps her foot. “You think this is funny?” Sehun wasn’t even laughing at her. She glares at him and then at Luhan, who gives her a small, awkward smile. “Whatever, this date is off!” she throws her hands up and walks away, bumping into Sehun’s shoulder.

They stand there in silence as the woman walk further away. Sehun looks down and sees Luhan’s fallen yogurt cup. He bends down to retrieve it and Luhan reaches down to grab it before Sehun does.

“No, it’s fine,” Luhan says and he hits his forehead against the top of Sehun’s head. He winces and takes a few steps back. “Ouch.”

Sehun straightens up right away and gets closer. He grabs Luhan’s hands softly and peels them off his reddened forehead. Luhan stares at Sehun with wide eyes as Sehun blows at it, hands still holding onto Luhan’s smaller ones. The shorter male notices how the other is trying hard to make him feel better and Sehun’s doing a damn good job so far. Luhan sighs inwardly, Sehun is treating with love and care, it reminds him of his parents. And then, Luhan snaps back into reality. Right, Sehun is a parent.

Luhan clears his throat and takes a step back, successfully detaching himself from Sehun.

“Are you feeling better?” Sehun asks and Luhan nods meekly. “That’s good.”

“I’m, uhm, sorry… about your date,” Luhan says, pointing at the direction Sehun’s blind date went. “She’s pretty cute too and nice, well, before she screamed at me. I, oh my god, I’m sorry, I need to go.”

Luhan turns around to walk away but can’t when Sehun grabs his wrist. “Don’t,” Sehun says and Luhan doesn’t look back, “go,” Sehun finishes his sentence. He sighs. “Please don’t go.”

Luhan relaxes slightly and Sehun walks to his front.

“I don’t have anywhere to go. My daughters are at the zoo and they think I’m on a date so…” Sehun trails off and Luhan is still not looking at him. “You want to get some frozen yogurt with me?” he tries a different approach and Luhan lifts his head.

“I had some,” Luhan mumbles. “But then I spilled it.”

“Because of my date,” Sehun hums and nudges his chin at the yogurt shop. “I’ll buy you another one.”

Luhan looks at him and never say anything as though contemplating. After a few seconds, he agrees. “Fine.”

Sehun smiles and holds his arm out for Luhan. “Good. Now, I have something to tell my kids when they ask me about my date.”

“But this is not a date,” Luhan says before linking his arm with Sehun’s. Sehun grins and leads them to the entrance. “This is not a date,” Luhan repeats when Sehun doesn’t say anything.

The taller male opens the door and lets Luhan enter first. The bells chime above their head and Sehun turns to smile at Luhan, who’s glaring at him for not replying.

“Fine, it’s not a date.”

Luhan gives Sehun a playful smirk. “You have to ask me properly,” he says before walking to the counter, leaving a dumbfounded Sehun behind.

Sehun blinks once, then twice.

After a few seconds of thinking, he frowns to himself. “Wait, what does that mean?”

What does he need to do?!

 

 

 

What does Oh Sehun need to do? And I'm not going to give that blind date a name lmao you guys can think of anyone you like!

School stars on Monday! I hope I have the time to write /)_(\