IDNAM 7

I Don't Need A Man.

“Are you hungry?”

“Uh huh.”

“, Sehun, everything is so expensive here.”

“Uh huh.”

“Are you sure about this? Because I can really eat.”

“Uh huh.”

“Sehun.”

“Uh huh.”

Luhan looks up from the menu and sees the other man staring at him with a dumb smile. He does look cute like that and Luhan wants to pinch those cheeks so much (not too much flesh there but it’s okay) but Luhan remembers how they’re in a high-end restaurant so he lets go of the idea. The teacher sighs and joins Sehun in his love-struck pose, resting his cheek in his hand and elbow on the table.

“Are you okay?”

“Uh huh.”

Luhan sighs. “You look like you’re sick, should we go home now?”

“Uh—oh, oh no, why should we go home?” Sehun snaps back into reality and blinks at the other, slightly confused. “Are you not feeling well?”

Luhan giggles and sits back before shrugging. “You’re the one who is a little off though.”

“I’m fine!” Sehun splutters, slightly too loud and manages to turn some head. Luhan pays them no mind when Sehun continues, “I-I’m with you, why wouldn’t I be fine…” he finishes with a blush.

“Okay,” Luhan says with a smile and grabs the menu again. “Are you ready to order now?”

Sehun wants to nod but then he realizes how he didn’t really pay much attention to the menu the entire time. Sure, he’s been here a lot and he knows what to order but Sehun doesn’t say anything. He just looks down at his own menu, it’s still closed, and shakes his head.

Luhan keeps smiling, a little amused at how Sehun is just like the kids he teaches. “Do you want me to order for you too, then?”

Sehun perks up suddenly, lifting his head and beams at the other man. He nods, “Yes, please.” Having Luhan order for him is a progress for the relationship, whatever relationship they have, that is. But really, Luhan thinks if he doesn’t do that, they might not get their food before 8 p.m.

The teacher nods and bites his lower lip while he goes through the list of main course again. Sehun goes back to staring dreamingly at the small man. “Are you allergic to anything?”

“Nope.”

“Anything that you don’t like?”

“I eat anything.”

Luhan looks up and gives Sehun another smile, a smile that makes Sehun’s heart clench—and pants tighter. “Aren’t you a good boy, you’re not picky at all,” he states and returns to look at the menu again.

Sehun swears he hears heart thumping.

In just five minutes, Luhan manages to pick a full course meal for the both of them and orders for them both. Sure, Sehun feels like a kid when Luhan speaks to the waiter, telling how he wants everything but eh, it isn’t everyday he gets to sit back and watch someone do the ordering. When the waiter nods with a smile and retrieves the menu, Sehun doesn’t even realizes he’s been staring until Luhan turns back to him. Their eyes meet and Sehun jolts back, a little surprised and tries to not make eye contact with the other for the next 10 seconds.

“I like you, Oh Sehun.”

Sehun gulps and turns his head back to look at Luhan. “Y-you do?”

Luhan smirks. “You’re really interesting.”

Oh, so… Luhan doesn’t like him like how he likes Luhan then? “I—thank you?”

The petite male nods and rests his chin on top of his clasped hands. “I’m gonna tell you something and promise me that you won’t freak out.”

There goes Sehun’s heart again. Thump, thump, thump. Luhan is going to confess. What should he do? Should he act calm? Should he be the dumb, embarrassing person he is around Luhan?

Pushing the thoughts away, Sehun then leans in and whispers, “What?”

“Someone is spying on us—don’t look!” Luhan warns when Sehun is about to glance around. “I saw him when we entered.”

“What does he look like?” Sehun really wants to know, it could be someone who’s trying to steal his Luhan away from him. Or maybe, someone wants to get rid of Luhan because he’s with Sehun.

“I can’t really see, he’s wearing all black.”

At the description, Sehun lets out a breath of relief suddenly. Oh, it’s just him. “Okay.”

Luhan raises an eyebrow. “Why are you so calm all of the sudden?”

“Because…” Sehun leans closer too and motions Luhan to come closer with two fingers. Luhan listens and goes closer, lifting his slightly off his seat. “That’s my cousin.”

“Your what?”

“Cousin,” Sehun whispers, his lips so close to Luhan’s that Luhan can feel his warm breath against his skin. Sehun realizes this too and his eyes trail down to Luhan’s pink lips, almost kissing him—when his phone rings and he jumps back in surprise.

Luhan’s cheeks grow pink as he watches the other man tries to pull his phone out of his pants pocket. They almost kissed and Luhan actually let him.

Sehun sighs when he finally has his phone in his hand and slides to unlock his phone in an annoyed manner. Darn message, killing his moment.

It turns out to be a text from Kyungsoo. “Don’t kiss him before your dinner comes, idiot!”

Sehun doesn’t bother to reply at all and puts his phone away, not forgetting to turn it off. He focuses back on Luhan, not realizing Luhan’s face reddening from their previous act. “I’m sorry, I should explain.”

Luhan nods. “Yeah.”

“My cousin, Kyungsoo, is watching us—Don’t look!” it’s Sehun turn to warn Luhan now and Luhan nods like a good boy, only looking at Sehun. Sehun sighs for the umpteenth time. “He wants to be a spy for the night, don’t worry, he’s harmless, and I sort of asked him for some help so I agreed to it. It’s just a weird fantasy of his, don’t mind him.”

“Oh,” Luhan nods once more. Then, he laughs. “He kind of at it though…”

Sehun laughs as well. “Yeah… but don’t tell him that.”

 

 

 

“So… where do you want to go next?” Luhan says as he walks next to Sehun, his shoulder brushing against Sehun’s arm a few times.

Sehun grins and looks over to the shorter male. “You don’t want to go home?”

Hearing this, Luhan laughs and slaps Sehun’s arm playfully. “That’s all you got? One dinner? Sehun, you can do better than that!”

Sehun just smiles and continues to walk with Luhan by his side. They’re not holding hands but this is already enough for him. At least he can feel Luhan being next to him, their shoulders bumping time to time and if he’s lucky, the back of their hands touch every 10 steps.

The dinner went well. In fact, it turned out better than what Sehun had imagined it to be. In the beginning, Luhan had to start most of their conversations after they took a bite of their food but later on, Sehun began to feel more comfortable and relaxed around Luhan.

Sehun smiles at the memory and tries to not look creepy as the both of them walk down the street. It’s kind of breezy and the moon is so beautiful, it’s a perfect night to take a walk with your loved ones.

“So?” Luhan speaks again. “Where are we going?”

Sehun takes a few seconds to think. “Hmm, follow me.”

After a few corners, they finally arrive at the destination. Luhan looks up and then looks over to Sehun. “A toy shop?”

Sehun smiles. “Mhmm! Gotta get some stuffs for my babies!”

He opens the door and holds it before gesturing Luhan to get in. Luhan only chuckles with a shake of his head and steps in with Sehun trailing behind him. They explore the small shop, going through every rack and playing with a few before reaching the stuffed toys section. Sehun turns serious when his eyes scan across the toys one by one and Luhan watches from the side, leaning against a rack.

“What are you looking for?”

“Well…” Sehun doesn’t turn to look at Luhan for the first time, eyes only focusing on the toys in front of him. “Something my girls don’t already have at home.”

Luhan laughs. “You spoil them a lot huh?”

“They’re good kids,” Sehun answers with a small grin, “they deserve all the love they can get. I’ll give them anything they want and what I can afford.”

“Do you know what they want?”

“A mother,” he answers without hesitation and freezes for a moment. Luhan notices how Sehun’s smile drops suddenly. “But toys will do for now,” the man continues after he clears his throat. “And they have me. They have Yixing and Jongin too.”

Luhan nods and takes a few steps closer to Sehun, which the other doesn’t realize. He places a hand on the taller man’s shoulder and that surprises Sehun, making Sehun turn to look at him. “You’re a great father, Sehun-ah.”

Sehun gives him an appreciative smile and returns to his toy hunting. They don’t speak anymore until Sehun is done picking three toys. Luhan grabs another three as well and then they make their way to the cashier counter. Sehun offers to pay for the toys Luhan chose as well but Luhan is quick enough to slide his own credit card across the machine. The cashier giggles at the sight and both Sehun and Luhan find themselves laughing with her.

The ride back to Luhan’s place is full with playful banters and interesting stories. Luhan tells Sehun about his dream to have his own kindergarten one day and Sehun tells Luhan about Soojung. At one point, Luhan swears he catches Sehun wiping his eyes but he doesn’t ask about it. When the road is clear and Sehun’s fingers are drumming against his thigh, Luhan reaches out to slip his fingers in between Sehun and gives that warm hand a tight squeeze. Sehun turns to Luhan briefly and Luhan only smiles, mouthing, “It’s okay.” because everything is okay, Sehun is doing well as a single parent. Sehun absentmindedly the back of Luhan’s hand with his thumb and only lets go when he needs to.

Soon, they’re right in front of Luhan’s apartment and Sehun walks Luhan to the door.

“I had fun,” Luhan says first and spins on his heels to face Sehun. He almost bumps into Sehun’s chest and laughs when Sehun holds his arms to prevent that from happening. “Whoops.”

Sehun smiles warmly at him. “It’s late, wash yourself and go to bed right after.”

“Okay, dad,” Luhan jokes and then, they stay silent because no one isn’t sure of what to say next.

Should Luhan invite Sehun to come in?

Should Sehun just say goodbye and leave?

“I—“ they both say at the same time and laugh at how silly they are right now.

“I should go in,” Luhan tells Sehun and Sehun only nods, a small smile on his face. “You should go home, your daughters must be missing you.”

“Yeah,” Sehun agrees. “I… guess I should go then.”

“Yeah…”

“…yeah.”

They stare at each other, not making a move while a cold wind blows, messing Luhan’s hair. Sehun gulps and tries his luck, leaning down to Luhan’s face and Luhan knows what’s happening. The petite male closes his eyes and waits for that pair of lips to touch his when he feels them on his cheek instead. Sehun sighs inwardly, he’s a coward.

“Night,” Sehun says when he pulls away and Luhan’s eyes flutter open. He looks so beautiful, Sehun immediately regret not kissing him on the lips instead.

Luhan smiles, albeit a little disappointed. “Night,” he wishes and turns to open his door.

Sehun watches while Luhan unlocks the front door and when he hears the lock clicks, he has this urge to push Luhan in and kiss him against the wall. But none of that happens.

“Night,” Luhan says from the inside, his body hiding behind the big wooden door. “Thanks for today.”

“You’re welcome.”

And Sehun just stands there; the same goes to Luhan, who doesn’t seem like he wants to close the door at all. Sehun feels like he should do something, anything because it’s painfully obvious that none of them want to leave. But it’s too late. It’s too late when Luhan gives him a small smile and closes the door, leaving Sehun outside.

 

 

 

 

I was supposed to double update last week but guess who forgot. AND MOST OF YOU GUESSED JONGIN AHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH