IDNAM 8

I Don't Need A Man.

When Monday arrives, Sehun wakes up to his daughters all over him at 6 in the morning. He groans softly, trying to not wake his precious little ones up and looks to his left where the alarm clock is. He woke up 10 minutes earlier.

“Why are you guys here?” he mumbles to himself, rubbing his sleepy eyes. His head falls back down into the pillow and he attempts to recall whatever happened last night. Oh, right, thunderstorm. “Forever will be my babies,” he smiles in the dark and the head that is on his chest. He cracks one eye open and looks down. It’s Sojin.

Carefully, he pulls her off him and lays her down onto the bed. He lifts his upper half up and finds Sora hugging his leg while Soyeon lies across his crotch, tummy down. He shakes his head, a grin on his face. “Now how am I going to get up?”

He manages to climb out of bed anyways and makes his way out of the room without making his bed or waking his kids up first. He goes into the kitchen and is about to head to the refrigerator when he sees his phone’s notification blinking red at the corner.

“Huh, I left my phone here,” the man says as he grabs it before turning back to the refrigerator. He opens it and at the same time, unlocks his phone. Reaching in, he then takes the carton of milk out and closes the door with his hip. When Sehun looks down at his phone, he almost drops it because he doesn’t expect a text from Luhan at all.

Hey, Luhan here. Don’t tell anyone but I went through hell to get your number.

Kidding, I found it in Soyeon’s student file.

It’s very last minute but do you want to have dinner tomorrow?

“YES,” Sehun answers out loud and he gives himself a heart attack as he looks around to make sure no one is awake. “Yes,” he breathes and focuses back on his phone. “D-Do I reply him or… But how?”

Sehun does the best thing he can think of,

“Hey—“

“You’re not human.”

Sehun chuckles. “Morning, Jongin.”

“I hate you so much right now,” Jongin grumbles and Sehun hears the sheets ruffling on the other end. “It’s… 6 in the morning, you better be dying or getting married.”

“Neither,” Sehun answers and Jongin groans. “But! Luhan texted me!”

“Oh, ,” Jongin breathes and Sehun nods even though Jongin can’t see him. “Man, who’s the one wearing the pants in this relationship.”

Sehun frowns. “Hey, I asked him out first!”

“Doesn’t matter, he has your number! Anyways, have you said yes?”

“I was going to…” Sehun trails off.

“But?”

“But I don’t know what to say.”

“YOU SAY YES GOD DAMMMIT,” and then all Sehun hears are noisy beeps.

 

 

 

When Sehun steps in his office at 8 a.m. sharp, he sees Kyungsoo making himself comfy on his chair and he rolls his eyes. “Morning, hyung.”

“Morning!” Kyungsoo chirps and Sehun is a little surprised at how happy Kyungsoo sounded. The smaller male waits for Sehun to sit across him and that’s when Kyungsoo sits up. “So…? How was my spying skill?”

Sehun clears his throat. “Well… it’s good.” Kyungsoo smiles so bright Sehun doesn’t even have the heart to finish his sentence. “Except for the fact that Luhan caught you.”

“Damn it,” Kyungsoo hits the hard table. “That kid is good.”

The taller male nods. “Luhan is pretty observant.”

“It’s fine,” Kyungsoo waves his hand, “and I know you’re too nice to tell me I anyways.”

“Not really, you just need lots of practice.”

Kyungsoo shrugs. “I’ll just find other interesting things to do.” Sehun nods his head, considering what Kyungsoo might want to do next. “Maybe I should be a investigator? Do you want to know more about your little boyfriend?”

Sehun flushes at the term Kyungsoo used, and then he shakes his head. “No, I’m good.”

“Come on, I’ll be better this time.” Sehun doesn’t say anything so Kyungsoo sighs. “I’ll even get you his phone number.”

This time, it’s Sehun’s turn to have a big smile on his face. He slowly pulls his phone out and waves it in the air. “I got it.”

“No way.”

“Yes way,” Sehun puts his phone and slides it across the table for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo grabs it and goes through Sehun’s texts. “I received a text—“

“Sehun, Luhan is the one who got your number first.”

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at his little cousin brother and Sehun coughs out embarrassedly. “Yeah, well, Luhan has Soyeon’s file. I don’t have anything.”

“Uhh, yes you do, you have a mouth and a pair of balls, those are all you need to ask him.”

 

 

 

That evening, Sehun arrives at Soyeon’s school 10 minutes earlier too. He figures he can’t waste time since it is a weekday and that means their dinner date will be short. The father of three is really doing anything to spend more time with Luhan (if only that preschool teacher realizes this).

When the school bell rings, Sehun sees Luhan immediately and strange enough Luhan is waving at him. Sehun’s eyebrows furrow and he waves back too but this time, Luhan is gesturing him to go over. Even more confused, he turns off the engine and steps out of his car. Oh, he doesn’t forget to take the bouquet of roses too.

“Is that for me, Oh Sehun?” Luhan grins and doesn’t hesitate to reach out for the flowers. Sehun’s mood brightens because of Luhan’s reaction. “I’m going to get used to this so you better get me flowers everyday.”

“O-of course!” Sehun splutters. “Anything you want!”

Luhan laughs and hits Sehun’s chest playfully. “I’m just joking. You don’t have to.”

“But I want to,” Sehun mumbles, which Luhan doesn’t hear.

Sehun looks around, trying to search for his princess when Luhan speaks up, done burying his nose in the roses. “Yixing picked Soyeon up.”

“W-what?” Sehun’s eyes go wide open.

Luhan knows Yixing? But Sehun didn’t even see Yixing around! When did he pick Soyeon from school?

Luhan chuckles when he sees Sehun’s puzzled expression. He reaches up and pinches Sehun’s cheek, ah, something he wanted to do for a very long time. Sehun snaps out of it and stares down at Luhan. “Yixing’s number is also in Soyeon’s file, AND he picked her up at 3 because he had dance class. Your daughters are with their favorite uncle, Jongin, is it? I called for food delivery, it should arrive at your place at 6, again, your address in Soyeon’s file and don’t worry, I asked Yixing to give Jongin my number just in you’re your phone dies halfway through our date.”

Sehun blinks once, then, twice. “Wow,” he breathes. Luhan is amazing.

The shorter male smirks and links arms with Sehun. “Ready for our date?” Sehun nods dumbly.

 

 

 

“Is this, uhm, some kind of fantasy of yours?” Sehun asks, eyes still on the coloring book and he’s holding a red pen in his right hand. “I won’t judge.”

Luhan laughs and Sehun looks up briefly to give the other a grin. “Yeah, one of my dream dates is actually grading my students’ homework with someone in the classroom.”

“Am I doing a good job fulfilling it then?”

“Yes, you are,” Luhan smiles at Sehun and Sehun blushes instantly. “Are you enjoying yourself?”

“Well…” Sehun writes down the date at the corner of the book and closes it before putting it aside, moving on to the next book. “Considering how I’m sitting in an extremely small chair and spending my time checking coloring books instead of eating, yeah, I guess you can say I’m enjoying myself.” Luhan laughs again and it’s music to Sehun’s ears. “But then again, I’m sitting opposite a beautiful preschool teacher so I guess I can’t complain much.”

Sehun sees the blush on Luhan’s cheeks and he pats himself on the back internally, feeling quite proud of himself.

He doesn’t realize Luhan getting up from his seat and in seconds, Luhan is already by his side. The smaller male grabs Sehun’s wrist, causing Sehun to look up.

“Come, lets go eat. You deserve it.”

When Sehun stands up, Luhan is pulling him to the back of the classroom and his smaller hand slides down, grabbing Sehun’s hand instead. Sehun thinks the numb feeling in his after sitting in some chair that is too small for him is worth it.

When they finally reach their dating spot, Sehun almost burst out laughing but he didn’t because it’s rude. Luhan really did put in a lot of thoughts for this, seeing how there’s a picnic blanket on the floor, a picnic basket at the side and the background is well, a wall, with a wide field and sunset painted on it.

Sehun bites his lips, trying to keep it in. “So?” Luhan asks and lets go of Sehun’s hand. Sehun immediately reaches forward to grab Luhan’s hand but he misses, he really doesn’t want to stop holding the latter’s hand.

“It’s beautiful!” Sehun says and stands there a little stiff as Luhan sits on the blanket. Luhan pats the spot next to him and Sehun sits down right away. “You’re wonderful, really.”

“Oh, please,” Luhan giggles and grabs the picnic basket. “How can I ever beat your fancy restaurant?”

Sehun shakes his head. “No, really, I’ve never been on a date like this, it’s really great.”

“Okay,” Luhan gives Sehun small smile and starts to pull plastic containers and paper bags out of the picnic basket. Luhan prepared lots of food and Sehun is impressed. Father material? Check. “I hope you like the stuff I made, I don’t think it’s good though since I made them for the first time.”

He arranges them and Sehun wants to help but he’s too mesmerized by how Luhan moves and how concentrated he looks.

“I can’t cook,” Luhan admits and Sehun can see the small blush. “But I tried.”

“Thank you,” Sehun says suddenly, causing Luhan to look up and stop what he’s doing. “Thank you,” he repeats.

Luhan blinks but smile nonetheless. “You’re welcome. I wanted to do something since you know… our first dinner wasn’t really cheap at all.”

“I told you, it doesn’t matter. I earn more than enough,” Sehun blurts but shuts up immediately. “I-I’m sorry, I wasn’t bragging at all, I—“

“That’s good to hear,” Luhan reassures with a smile. “Your daughters deserve a good life.”

They smile, looking at each other for seconds before Luhan breaks the eye contact because it’s too overwhelming all of the sudden. He clears his throat and hands a wrapped sandwich over to Sehun, which Sehun takes and his fingers brushed against Luhan’s. Luhan shudders a little but not too obvious.

When Sehun takes his first bite, he almost chokes and Luhan is there to pat his back as Sehun covers his mouth with his arm.

“I’m sorry! Is something wrong?”

Sehun’s eyes are glistening with tears and Luhan feels so bad. “I’m fine. I-I think you added something extra?”

Luhan doesn’t believe so he takes a bite out of Sehun’s sandwich and Sehun almost chokes again because they’re sharing food suddenly. Progress!

Luhan starts coughing and quickly grabs a piece of tissue paper. He spits into it and makes a face when he looks up at Sehun, which Sehun thinks is extremely adorable. “I’m sorry, oh my god, I think I added vinegar into the spread instead of olive oil. I’m really sorry!”

Sehun laughs and pats Luhan’s head. “Hey, it’s fine. I’m not dead.”

Hearing Sehun’s words made Luhan laugh as well and he sniffs. “You’re a great guy.”

Smiling, Sehun then reaches out to grab something else to eat when Luhan pounces forward and stop him. Luhan’s hand is on the back of his hand and Sehun turns to Luhan, his face only inches away from Luhan’s. “Lu—“

“No, don’t!” Luhan pulls Sehun’s hand away from the container, not even look at the other. He’s too embarrassed. “I don’t know what I put in there, I don’t want you to suffer the second time, please.”

“But I’m hungry.”

“We can go out, we can go back to that restaurant, my treat this time, I—“ Luhan turns to face Sehun and they’re really close. Sehun gulps, he’s afraid but he doesn’t back away. “I’ll buy you dinner,” Luhan finishes his sentence with a soft whisper.

It’s as though history is repeating itself and Sehun finds it hard to kiss Luhan. He wants to, he wants it so badly but it’s only their second date and what if Luhan has some three days rules? Oh, man.

“No, it’s fine, I’ll pay—“

“Why won’t you kiss me?”

Sehun freezes. “What?”

Luhan moves closer, hands on each side of Sehun’s hips. “Why won’t you kiss me?”

Sehun says the smartest think he can think of. Which isn’t really smart at all. “Then, kiss me.”

Luhan doesn’t even take time to consider before leaning in, pressing a soft kiss on Sehun’s lips. It’s innocent; it feels like Sehun’s first kiss, which happened a decade ago but a lot better. Luhan smiles against Sehun’s lips, finding it amusing how Sehun isn’t kissing back at all.

When Luhan pulls back, he grins. “You’re such a kid.”

Sehun’s hand finds its way to the back of Luhan’s head before pulling him down, slamming their lips together again. And this time, Sehun shows Luhan that he’s not a kid at all.