IDNAM 6

I Don't Need A Man.

Every night, Sehun goes to sleep with a frown because he’s nervous but every morning, he wakes up with a smile after dreaming about Luhan. Jongin tells him it’s impossible to dream about someone four nights in a row but it doesn’t matter if Luhan’s face doesn’t appear in his dream because everything reminds Sehun of Luhan.

He dreams about his girls? He thinks of having a family with Luhan.

He dreams about pancakes? He thinks of Luhan making him pancakes.

He dreams of Jongin? He thinks of Jongin sulking because Luhan comes before Jongin.

The girls notice how their father is extremely happy too these few days, not that he isn’t happy before but he seems to be happier and there’s this bounce when he walks. He’s always smiling, even when he shaves and he never smiles when he shaves.

“Daddy, are you okay?” Sora asks when Sehun puts her breakfast in front of her.

“Of course, I am, darling, why wouldn’t I be?” he replies and takes a seat next to the youngest one, putting a bib around her neck. She’s not a baby anymore but she’s still a messy eater.

Sojin points her chopstick at Sehun, which he frowns in disapproval. “You’re smiling a lot and it’s creepy.”

Soyeon shakes her head, fringe bouncing off her eyes. “I don’t think it’s creepy, daddy.”

“Yeah, but he smiles. All. The. Time,” Sojin states. “I get that you’re happy, daddy, but you’ve changed.”

Sehun’s frown deepens. “I did not. I’m just… happy.”

“Whatever, daddy,” Sojin shrugs and continues to eat her noodles. “As long as you don’t change completely, I guess Teacher Lu is good for you.”

Sora smiles. “He’s nice.”

“Mama will be good to daddy!” Soyeon says and turns to look at Sehun. “Daddy will treat him well too, right?”

Sehun gives her a smile and a kiss on her cheek. “Of course, baby.

 

 

 

Sehun actually puts in effort to dress up today and since it’s Friday, it’s baby girl’s turn to choose. He trusts his little girl because she spends the most time with Luhan, she should know what he likes, right? But when Soyeon hands him his pajama top with a bear on it (which they all have), he quietly puts it back and tells her he has it in his suitcase so he can change into it when he goes on the date with Luhan.

As usual, they drop Sojin and Sora off before heading to Soyeon’s kindergarten. Even before he parks his car, Sehun already sees Luhan standing at the front door, greeting every student and their parents. When he does find a parking spot, he quickly fills the spot and does a great job at it. Man, the day can’t get any better.

“Okay, baby, you’re gonna be a good girl today, yeah?” Sehun says and unbuckles her seatbelt. “Be a good girl for daddy, won’t you?”

Soyeon nods. “Of course, daddy!”

He smiles and kisses her cheek once more. “Make Teacher Lu happy, okay? So he’ll be happy through out the day and when daddy brings him out.”

“Okay.”

Sehun gives her another kiss because she deserves it (maybe because he feels extra touchy and full of love today). They get out of the car and hold hands when they cross the street. When Luhan spots them both, his smile brightens.

“Hi there,” Luhan greets with a soft chuckle and reaches out for Soyeon’s little hand. “You guys are early today.”

“Couldn’t wait to see you,” Sehun blurts out suddenly then bites his lower lip. Oh gosh, that’s embarrassing. “I-I mean, y-you look great today.”

Luhan laughs, eyes forming into slits and Sehun can actually see the wrinkles on the side of his eyes that make him more beautiful. “You’re not bad yourself.”

Sehun blushes and it’s the first time he doesn’t know what to say. He always has something to say!

When Luhan senses how nervous Sehun really is, he smiles and puts a hand on Sehun’s shoulder. “Hey, don’t worry, it’ll be fine.”

No, no, it’s not fine because until today, Sehun still doesn’t know what he wants to do for their date and Luhan probably trusts Sehun to make it fun and exciting. “Y-yeah. Have fun today,” Sehun mumbles, “you know, with school and all.”

“I will,” Luhan nods and his hand slides down Sehun’s arm. Sehun gulps at the tingling feeling even though it isn’t a direct skin contact and he can feel the sweat forming on his face. After a few seconds of silence, Luhan giggles and steps forward. “Have fun at work, Sehun,” he says softly and tiptoes to place a kiss on Sehun’s cheek. Sehun actually feels the spot burning and he flushes hard when Luhan leans closer to his ear. “I’ll see you tonight.”

 

 

 

Normally when Sehun enters his company, he has answers for everybody but today he’s dodging every question, or rather, just walking past his staffs without a word and worries in his eyes. Sehun almost walks into a glass door when Kyungsoo pulls him back in time and smacks Sehun on the forehead with the file in his hand.

“Hyung,” Sehun whines, rubbing his forehead. His employees are a little surprised when Sehun turns into this pouting baby.

“It would hurt more if I let you walk into that glass door,” Kyungsoo gestures at it and turns back to his cousin. “What happened to you? I’m getting worried.”

Sehun looks around and sees that everyone has their eyes on them. He quickly turns around and drags Kyungsoo into his office even when he knows Kyungsoo hates being manhandled like this.

Kyungsoo shrugs Sehun’s hand off when the door is closed and he huffs as he walks to Sehun’s office chair. Sehun hurries to one of the two chairs on the other side of the table and leans forward, arms on the hard wood. “I need your help.”

“What’s new?” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes as he puts his feet on the expensive office table.

“I have a date tonight and… and… well, I didn’t really have any ideas or plans.”

Kyungsoo almost falls off the chair. “YOU WHAT?”

Sehun holds both hands up, trying to calm Kyungsoo down. “I know it’s dumb to not think about it beforehand but I’m too excited, too nervous to think about it!”

“YOU HAVE A DATE?”

“Y-yeah.”

“A date. You. Oh Sehun. With who?”

“Luhan.”

“Who is this Luhan?”

“My daughter’s teacher.”

“Soyeon, Sora or Sojin.”

“Soyeon.”

Kyungsoo rubs his chin. “Interesting.”

“Now that you’re done interrogating me,” Sehun sighs, “will you help me now?”

“Who says I’m done?” Kyungsoo lifts his feet off the table and straighten up. He moves the chair closer to the table and clasps his hands together. “Is she good with kids?”

“He.”

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at Sehun. “Interesting.”

The other whines and kicks his foot. “Hyung, can you stop saying that.”

“Well,” Kyungsoo sits back. “I will help you but on one condition.”

“Anything,” Sehun whispers. Anything for Kyungsoo’s help, Sehun trusts him so much.

Kyungsoo smirks.

 

 

 

When the clock strikes 5, Sehun’s phone rings because he set an alarm and Sehun is the first to rush out the door. Everyone greets him goodbye and he doesn’t forget to return the gesture, even smiling his way to the elevator. He quickly gets into his car and it doesn’t take long until he reaches Soyeon’s school too. God bless the traffic today, there isn’t any because he left quick enough.

He hears the school bell ring and he waits in the car still until most of the children are gone because he knows Luhan can’t leave until every single student leaves. Sehun sees his baby girl sitting by the staircase, arms wrapped around a new toy, perhaps Luhan gave it to her and she seems very happy with it. This reminds him, it’s been awhile since he bought them something, and he should stop by a toy store after the date if it ends early. But of course, Sehun hopes it doesn’t end at all.

Luhan spots his car and he actually gives Sehun a wave that energizes Sehun again. He sits up straight and smiles at Luhan, waving back. The other man returns the smile and goes back to watching the kids run to their parents while Sehun sighs dreamingly at him.

Half an hour later, the only student left is Soyeon and Luhan walks to the stairs to join her. Sehun gets out of his car and walks to them.

“Daddy!” Soyeon jumps onto her little feet and runs to the tall man, who catches her and throws her into the air before catching her again. She giggles in his hold and kisses Sehun full on the lips. “Daddy! You’re late!”

“I’m not late, we have to wait for Teacher Lu to finish his work, remember?”

“Oh,” Soyeon nods. “Look, daddy! I’ve been a good girl today and look what I got! Mama gave me!”

“I’m sure you are,” Sehun pinches her nose and she giggles again, wrapping one arm around her father’s neck, another holding her new plush toy.

Luhan smiles at the sight and speaks suddenly, “I’m going to get my bag and then we can leave.”

“Okay.”

They watch as the petite teacher walks into the school and waits. When Luhan is finally back out, they walk back to Sehun’s car together and when they reach the car, Luhan offers to put Soyeon in her child seat. Sehun lets him, of course, and gets into the driver’s seat. When they’re all in the car and buckled up, Sehun drives them back home and suddenly, it does feel like they’re a family.

After dropping Soyeon home and making sure Yixing actually brought Sora and Sojin home, Sehun and Luhan then bid them goodbye. On the way to the restaurant, Luhan tells Sehun how Yixing seems like a good kid and Sehun explains how Yixing has been his go to babysitter since Soyeon is born.

“They’re so attached to him, it’s like Yixing is their big brother.”

“I can tell they really love him.”

“Hard to not love Yixing, really,” Sehun says truthfully, “everyone adores him, even my best friend and my cousin.”

“You guys are like a one big family, huh?”

Sehun smiles, his eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel as he answers, “I need one more person to complete the picture though.”

Luhan doesn’t answer and stays silent instead, a smile on his face.

It doesn’t take long until they reach the restaurant Sehun wants to bring Luhan, of course, a decision made with the help of his cousin, Kyungsoo. Sehun hands his car over to a valet and insists to open Luhan’s door himself. Luhan blushes when Sehun offers him his hand too and he grabs it, stepping out carefully.

Luhan immediately presses against Sehun’s side and Sehun gulps before putting an arm around Luhan, his hand on Luhan’s waist.

“You didn’t tell me you’re going to bring me to such high class place, I would’ve—“

“It doesn’t matter,” Sehun whispers as he leans down to Luhan’s ear and holds him closer, “you look fine.”

Luhan whispers back harshly. “I’m wearing jeans.”

“No one is going to stare at you and if they do,” Sehun holds a fist up jokingly, “I’ll beat them up.”

Luhan chuckles and pokes Sehun’s abdomen, making him wince. “Stop being funny.”

A man approaches them and Luhan assumes it’s the manager, seeing how well dressed he is compared to other workers. “Mr. Oh, you’re finally here.”

Sehun smiles, feeling a little apologetic. “I had to drop my kids and the traffic—“

“It’s fine, the table I’ve prepared for you is still there for you and,” the manager turns to Luhan who blinks at him, “your date.”

“Luhan,” Sehun introduces.

“Mr. Lu,” the manager greets with a small bow and Luhan bows back. Sehun only laughs softly and pulls Luhan back up.

“Well then,” the manager smiles, “follow me to your table.”

As the man in uniform leads them in, Sehun doesn’t fail to see a man who’s dressed in black from head to toe hiding behind a potted plant. He sighs and walks in with Luhan.

 

 

 

Guess who.