Chapter 10

Memories of Tears and Love

Jiro couldn’t believe what he had just witnessed. He had overheard Guigui’s and Aaron’s whole conversation and not only the conversation had he just seen Guigui kiss Aaron in front of him. Without thinking any further he walked up to them.

“Hey Aaron, sorry to bother you but I just wanted to ask you if you wanted he hang out tonight?” Jiro thought of something quickly to stop them from kissing.

“Sorry buddy, my parents are back, and I want them to meet Guigui, maybe another time.” Aaron told him.

“What?!?! You’re bringing her to meet your parent’s? That’s a big step dude, you really think that you want to do that?” Jiro pretended to be shocked.

“I love her enough to know that I want to show her to the whole world and the first step would be bringing her to my parents.” Aaron smiled happily.

Jiro looked at Guigui and Guigui looked back with disappointment. Aaron did the one thing that she wanted most from Jiro, but Jiro just didn’t catch on to what she was thinking.

With that Jiro walked off with many things going through his minds. He didn’t know why but he had this weird feeling inside of him, he felt as if something was missing. Guigui had a special power of making everyone around her happy, and Jiro was the only one that took advantage of it and left her with a hole in her heart that he might not be able to fix unless he steps out and tell everyone how he really felt. But how would he win her heart back?

The closer they got closer to Aaron’s house the more nervous Guigui was.

“It’s alright, my parents don’t bite, and sure they want everything to go their way sometimes but I know that they’ll love you.” Aaron kissed her lightly on the forehead before they took another step closer to the house.

“How do you know? They might hate me for taking their son away from them.”

“I know because you have the special power of making people smile no matter how sad or mad they are.” Aaron smiled. “Come on, let’s go or we’ll be late.” Aaron quickly dragged her into his house.

When they walked in they saw his parents sitting on the couch as if they were waiting for him.

“Mom, Dad, I’m home.” Aaron quietly said.

“That’s great honey. Oh also to tell you we have a ball to go to tonight. So, we won’t be home for dinner.” His mom told him.

“Ummm, Mom? I want you to meet someone.” Aaron walked up towards them holding on to Guigui’s hand firmly scared that she would run away. “This is Guigui my girlfriend.”

“Hello Auntie. Hello Uncle” Guigui greeted them with a nice manner then gave them a slight bow.

They didn’t say anything, but Aaron’s mom stood up and walked around to take a closer look.

“Very decent, but what makes you think that you’re right for our son?” Aaron’s mom asked.

“Mom, can you stop with the questions? I’m not asking for your approval I’m just telling you.” Aaron’s face became darker.

“Aaron it’s alright.” Guigui tried to hold him back. “Mrs. Yan I know that you might not think of me as someone that’s good for your son but haven’t you noticed the smile on his face when he came in to see you. He loves you guys very much but all you guys can do is look coldly at him and tell him that all the things he wants are wrong. You may be right on making decisions for him that can lead him to a better future but have you ever thought that he might not be happy with them? If he’s not happy with what he’s doing then will he be able to enjoy the future that you had planned for him? Just look at him, he does what you want, but have you ever seen a smile on his face over the past years? I have, every day that I’ve been with him I would see his smile, the smile that no one else has seen before.”

Mrs. Yan looked at her son, the one without a smile. She tried to think of the last time that she saw him smile, but nothing came to mind.

“I never thought that for a tiny girl like you would think of so much for our son. You’re really something. No wonder that Aaron would bring you to see us.” Mrs. Yan finally smiled.

“See I told you that you have a special power of making around you smile. I haven’t seen my mom smile in a long time.” Aaron smiled then gave Guigui a kiss on her forehead.

“I never thought that there would be a girl that would ever be able to get through you. Being strict is not always a good way to get the best out of something. I’ve always told you to look on the other sides of things but you’d never listen.” Mr. Yan finally spoke.

“Shhh, I’m busy talking to my future daughter in law right now.” Mrs. Yan hushed him, making Aaron and Guigui laugh.

But at the same time it made Guigui feel sick to her stomach, because she still had something she was hiding from Aaron.