Spoil your man to marmalade

A guide to romance

Luhan closes his eyes and leans his head back, feeling the water trickling down his skin. How he wishes the water could wash everything away. So many things have changed so suddenly since yesterday morning, things he doesn’t like on him. He fell asleep locked up in his bedroom and got up late today, feeling nothing sort of relaxed. He had a fitful sleep and he woke up with this strange feeling, as if there is something stale on his skin, in his body, all around his thoughts. It makes him cringe at himself.

The house was quiet when he got up, and at first he thought Sehun must have left for home after yesterday’s heated yelling match; but Sehun was only sleeping uncomfortably on the couch when Luhan checked, making Luhan mentally curse everything he knows in the world for his horrid luck. A shower seemed like a good idea, for his body, his nerves and his sanity. He has not decided if it really was a good idea or not yet. The water is soothing, and that is the good side, but he is trapped inside the bathroom, and Sehun must be awake and right outside by now, and that is the bad side. Luhan guesses he can enjoy the good side for while it lasts, until he will have to worry about the rest.

The enjoyment lasts for about forty five seconds, because then his mind goes back to thinking about Sehun.

It might have been Luhan’s mistake that he got surprised when Sehun showed up in his house out of thin air yesterday morning, because he had completely forgotten that Sehun is in charge of grocery shopping this week. Naturally, he would be coming over on his day off. But Luhan can be forgetful of matters in his private life without Sehun to keep him on track, so he was blasting a Disney song on tv yesterday, not to mention singing loud enough for the whole building to hear. He was reckless, and maybe that’s why he has no one else but himself to blame for being surprised out of his skin at Sehun’s visit.

But Luhan is definitely not to blame for everything that happened next. He regrets his yelling and his bitter words, yes, but it wasn’t all his fault. Sehun got so stubbornly pushy in his attempt to learn things about Luhan’s childhood, as if it was a goddamn interrogation! It’s not the first time Sehun pushes Luhan to do something, to open up and just talk, but usually it’s not to this scale and it most certainly isn’t something as delicate as Luhan’s childhood. Because Luhan’s childhood is not a happy place, okay? He doesn’t want to remember it or share it with anyone. He can deal with his memories most of the time, but not in front of others. His family has nothing to do with him. What got into you, Sehun?

Luhan yelled his way to his room yesterday, feeling distressed and scared beyond belief, yet somehow managing to pass it off as irritation and anger, until he locked himself in the bedroom. What else was he supposed to do than seek refuge to what most people think of as sanctuary? It doesn’t feel like that for Luhan, a room is just a room, but at least it’s closed and private from the rest of the world. Sehun is perfectly physically capable of breaking down the door, but he didn’t; he wouldn’t. The kid is nice, always. He gave Luhan space for almost twenty four hours, waiting outside like a loyal dog. Luhan appreciated the breathing space while he was fighting with his own demons, closed inside a small room. Luhan is not so happy that Sehun is still around, like Luhan is worth waiting for. They can play cat and mouse silently inside the house for only so long before Luhan is caught, and something ugly might happen then.

For some reason, Luhan is sure that Sehun is waiting outside the door and he will keep waiting, silently and patiently, until Luhan comes out. Luhan doesn’t know what to expect when he sees Sehun again, but he hopes it won’t be something as bad as last morning...Please, I don’t want to be a coward again, I don’t want to hurt him.

Luhan bangs his fist on the wet tiles of the wall inside his shower. Damn it, it is his fault. No matter how hard he tries to distract himself with other thoughts, or try to find Sehun’s mistakes in this, he knows deep down that all this is his fault.

He should have seen it coming. He knew that there would come a day when Sehun would want to know about his family, it is only natural. But he dumbly hoped that the day would never come. And even though he really tried to convince himself that it would be okay if he told Sehun –because it is Sehun, not anyone else, and he is better than everyone else–, and he firmly instructed himself to respond calmly and to the best of his ability when Sehun would ask the dreadful questions, when the actual moment presented itself in front of Luhan’s eyes, he panicked, his mind shut down and he did the only thing he is used to doing: push away. He has been pushing himself away from those memories all his life, and now he pushed Sehun away too.

He can’t believe he spoke so harshly to him. He even told him to go away and leave him alone, like his presence doesn’t mean the world to Luhan. Sehun did not deserve to hear all that, it was more than just unfair. If anything, he was trying to help. He is always trying to help. And even though Luhan warned him that he is faulty and that he would eventually hurt Sehun, he doesn’t feel any less guilty, now that he has. He feels lower than dirt for treating the only person who has ever loved him and accepted him entirely like that. He didn’t miss the shock on Sehun’s face when he was closing the door in his face, or how Sehun was practically pleading with his eyes for an honest answer from Luhan the whole time.

And what is worse: “If you ever hurt me, I will come running after you, because you will need me”. That’s what Sehun said once, and he is staying true to his promise. That’s one promise in my life that held up…Luhan feels like he is kicking a faithful dog, that sort of horrendous person. He feels disgusted with himself, he feels lewd and pitiful; because Sehun was right. Luhan needs Sehun, even when he has no right to need him anymore.

Luhan feels tears leaving his eyes, mingling with water and running down his face. Sehun has been bringing him back to life, slowly reminding him what real happiness is like, teaching him simple things and helping him remember what he used to be like, what he could have been. Luhan accepted all that gratefully, but he was always scared at the back of his mind; because it brought back the memories.

At first, it was only the happy memories. He remembered his old house and the barn, the color of the sunny sky and the feeling of the rain. He remembered the field next to his house, where he used to play with his siblings, and how they always got dirt on their hands but they didn’t mind until their mother would start scolding them for ruining their clothes. He remembered how it was always hot and they were always asking for ice cream.

But then, the bad memories came along. He remembered nights of muffled cries and pain. He remembered the ear piercing yells and screams of his family. He remembered their disgusted faces and how furious and cold they were. The last thing Luhan remembers of his life in China is those terrorizing looks, those hideous faces. The last thing his family gave him and the only thing he owned when he left his house was a nasty cut and bruises, after they pushed him down the stairs. All of them, together.

Luhan’s family was good people and they loved him. His parents struggled to raise their children as they could best and his siblings had always been cheerful and loving children, like he used to be. But even good people have flaws. Luhan’s parents were too strict sometimes and they raised their children to be as ethically adamant as they were. They showed them the right path and they expected, as any parent, that their children would follow it.

There was only one problem with Luhan. He was smart and beautiful, he was kind and bright; he could have had anything he wanted in his life. He was raised with care and he was perfectly provided for, he had a promising future, he had all the love and support in the world; but all that ended abruptly with one sentence, on one September evening.

There was only one problem with Luhan: he liked boys. And that was something no one in the family could tolerate. Not his mother, for the sake of her own child, not his brother, for the sake of their immeasurable trust, not his sister, for the sake of her loving brother, and certainly not his father. He doesn’t remember what urged him to tell them his secret when he was about seventeen years old; it was probably the sense of safety and acceptance he was used to feeling around his family throughout his life.

How could he have known how suddenly and irreversibly all those would end? People are willing to forgive murder to the ones they love. His family would have forgiven him, if he had committed murder! But, according to them, he did something worse. How could he fathom that all the love he felt, all the love he knew, could be destroyed so easily? Can you imagine the most sincere love being scattered in the wind in an instant? Is that even possible?

A sob escapes his lips and he squats down, gripping the sides of his head. He presses his eyes closed tightly and bites down on his trembling lips. It took them mere minutes to change their hearts and forget all the love they had for their son. Before he knew it, he was thrown out of the house and his family cut all ties with him irrevocably. He was crying his heart out and chanting that he was sorry, lying on the ground and pleading for forgiveness. They only stared down at him, cold and disgusted. It was four hands he felt pushing him down the stairs. It was a million stabs he felt in his heart.

And maybe the gush on his leg healed, leaving only an insignificant scar behind. And maybe the bruises everywhere on his body faded away. And maybe he has managed to piece his future back together. But Luhan will always have scars. Scars are not wounds; you can hide them but you can’t heal them. They will always be there, even if you forget about them. That is why Luhan is faulty in a way that breaks others. He is always running away from himself, razing everything in his path.

Luhan stays there for minutes on end, crying so much that his eyes feel sore. Those were happy days, weren’t they? When the water turns too cold to tolerate on his skin, he turns off the water flow and realizes that his tears have dried on his face as well. He feels exhausted and all he wants to do is go back to his bed and finally sleep. His limbs feel heavy as he drags himself out of the shower. And suddenly, he realizes he doesn’t have any clothes to wear. He looks around but there is no towel large enough to hide in either. He fumbles with the towels in the cabinet until he finds one large enough to wrap around his hips, and then he opens the door.

He had almost forgotten about it, but his expectations are fulfilled when he finds Sehun waiting right outside the bathroom door. He stares at the taller silently. He doesn’t have the energy to feel embarrassed for his indecency or run and hide to escape; he can barely stand on his feet. Sehun examines him from head to toe once calmly.

“Are you okay? You’ve been in there for almost two hours” Sehun says quietly, his voice carrying concern. He doesn’t mention all the previous long hours Luhan spent locked up in his room since yesterday. Luhan blinks.

“Sehun” he sighs. Words are so heavy. “I want to sleep. Please.” he says, his voice hardly audible. He doesn’t know what he looks like and he can’t bring himself to care. Sehun’s eyebrow smoothes out instantly and his expression softens. He gives Luhan a small nod and then he lifts him in his arms swiftly, without asking or expecting any further words. The gesture is not something they’re used to, but Luhan is too tired to notice consciously that he is being carried to his bed bridal style. He holds onto Sehun anyway. I’m so sorry.

--

Kyungsoo springs up from his pillows with a start, cold sweat gathering on his forehead, eyesight still blurry and his brain spinning inside his skull, somewhere between asleep, awake and trying to tune in to Earth’s frequencies, but his heart is already racing three hundred miles a minute. Did he or did he not?

“Did I pack my custard cups?” he wonders breathlessly, nervous fingers gripping the sheets. Had it been any other, sober moment in his life, he would probably shrug at this question and file it for later, but right now it’s a big deal and it can’t wait for later. All he can think of is that he keeps the custard caps next to the cookie jar, and he remembers packing the cookie jar while nagging at Jongin for not bringing enough newspapers for wrapping purposes, and he put the cookie jar inside that box that he later crammed the ladle in, but did he pack the custard cups?

For a freshly jostled out of sleep Kyungsoo at three twenty-seven am before the light of the day has shown upon the country, the notion of a man living without his custard cups is impossible.

“Whuhht” Kai growls into his pillow halfheartedly –well, Kyungsoo’s pillow technically, since Kai has moved over on Kyungsoo’s side of the bed to leach off on him all night long. What is new. Kyungsoo hadn’t expected he’d wake him too with his post-midnight sudden fuss; it didn’t even cross his mind that he’s not alone in bed to be honest. But remorse requires too much cognitive involvement and Kyungsoo is too drowsy to do that right now. At least his heartbeat is slowly returning to normal somehow; maybe it has something to do with the warm arm anchoring around his waist. He is too sleepy to tell.

“I-I don’t remember if I packed something” he mumbles, still a bit fretful, his hands skittering over the linens as if searching for something. All he can see is faint outlines of the familiar objects in Kai’s bedroom, and all his hands find is cold sheets on one side, and a warm, breathing body on the other. He blinks in the darkness and his vision improves a little. He can see Kai lifting his head off the pillow clumsily.

“Can you live without it until tomorrow?” he asks, voice groggy and laced with sleep. Kyungsoo takes a moment to think his reply and Kai waits for him, not flinching in spite of his uncomfortable position. Kyungsoo might be starting to feel a little guilty for putting him through this ordeal in the middle of the night, especially after the long day they spent packing, but you might want to ask him about it later for confirmation, because he’s still not awake enough to be sure.

“I think so” he decides quietly; he doesn’t think there’s high possibility of needing his custard cups tonight. Only then Kai nods and lets his head fall, face planting against the pillow. Kyungsoo is not ready to feel assured just yet. “But what if I forget about them?” he objects. He can’t be sure he’ll remember this tomorrow, because sleep sometimes erases the memories of those midnight worries, and he really cannot leave without his custard cups. People lose stuff all the time when they’re moving houses, forgetting them, breaking them, misplacing them, throwing them away. Kyungsoo doesn’t want to be so cruel to his stuff; they’ve been there for him for years, he is sentimentally attached to them in a weird way. Kai has reassured him time and again that he won’t miss a thing in his life, and that ‘if you lose it, we’ll buy a new one’, but Kyungsoo still wants the old one –he just does.

“I’ll remember, Soo” Kai mumbles with a sigh, tugging on Kyungsoo’s large t-shirt to get him to lie down again. Kyungsoo is not convinced, because he doubts he will remember himself by tomorrow morning, let alone Kai, who is only half-awake and not personally acquainted with the custard cups in question. A look at the male’s face doesn’t bring him any comfort either; Kai’s eyes are closed, his defined jaw slack, the otherwise chiseled lines of his face relaxed and heavy with sleep. Kyungsoo is willing to bet Kai won’t remember this conversation in two minutes, maybe one. Kai’s fingers, however, are insistent, pulling at the fabric of Kyungsoo’s clothes, and the latter reluctantly slithers down the covers with a sigh, until his head is resting on the pillow. He stares at the ceiling with wide open eyes, biting his lip and mentally retracing his packing procedure, fretfully trying to remember. Did he or did he not? It takes a few moments of deep silence until Kai opens one eye sleepily, haphazardly focusing on Kyungsoo. “What did you call them again?”

“Custard cups. Oh, and my casserole dish” Kyungsoo provides instantly, suddenly wondering about other items of his precious kitchen equipment. If he is not certain about having packed so many of them, he must have forgotten some of them for sure, right? He is so invested in trying to remember the packed boxes and the empty cabinets of his former kitchen that he doesn’t care to comment on Kai’s latter question and how it’s not reassuring whatsoever. Kai nods, his head not parting with the pillow and only sinking deeper into the feathers as a result.

“Mustard and fish, okie-dokie” he says merrily, even daring to smile. He closes his eyes, happy with himself and ready to go back to sleep. Kyungsoo flinches, arguably unhappy with his boyfriend’s self, and turns his head to glare at him in the dark, in the way that sends black spiders from the pits of hell creeping down your spine, no matter whether you can see his dark eyes or not.

“Can you focus?” he snaps irked, pinching Kai’s bare shoulder hard, where it’s peeking above the covers. Kai jolts in pain and surprise.

“Oomf, I tried” he whines under his breath, squirming but making no move to soothe the sting. Kyungsoo wonders if he should pinch harder and keep pinching until Kai is fully awake, with a patch of bruises on his shoulder. He glares at him, with his big eyes gleaming in the darkness, lips pursed, offended, and arms crossed across his chest stubbornly. After a while of tense silence and low key whining on Kai’s side of the pillow, the latter sighs in surrender –everything takes a moment to happen tonight, since it’s late and they’re both tired and drowsy. “Custard cups and casserole dish, I got it, Soo” he says clearly, even though his voice should have been scratchy from sleep. Kyungsoo blanches in surprise, every muscle in his body going loose as if his system is trying to recalibrate the universe and find the right place to stand. So, he remembered everything? Why didn’t he say so earlier and we could be over with it already? Why not save himself a bruise? Kyungsoo frowns, feeling bewildered and slightly guilty, but also annoyed; he doesn’t understand Kai on their good days, how do you expect him to understand him when he is sleeping wide awake?

“You’d better” he huffs in the end, knowing he is at fault but opting to be unyielding. He doesn’t want to sound apologetic due to his pride –he comes from a long line of stubborn and short-fused people, he is not going to yield now, not ever–, but his begrudging nudge on Kai’s side is halfhearted and it gives him away. He means his unfinished threat though; Kai had better remember his important cooking utensils tomorrow, alongside that slowly forming bruise on his shoulder.

“First thing tomorrow morning” Kai reassures him, and it sounds more convincing this time. Kyungsoo relaxes in Kai’s hold, letting him worm his way impossibly closer, a strong arm wrapping around his mid section and pulling him close to Kai’s chest. Kyungsoo cooperates begrudgingly, until their proximity is all there is between them. He finds his nose mere centimeters away from Kai’s nose, and his eyes travel down to Kai’s drowsy plum lips, and his heart jumps a bit, inhaling the warm scent of him. Although fluster and desire are understandable emotions in such a situation with such a gorgeous male, the sense of security and assurance he gets from being held by this man is beyond reason and comprehension. Why on earth, I wonder?

“Jongin?”

“Hm?”

I think I love you.

“Nothing”

“Gohw to sleemm” Kai mumbles reassuringly, nuzzling close to Kyungsoo’s neck. Kyungsoo closes his eyes and falls asleep listening to rhythmic breaths, and finding some comfort in the way he feels those breaths against his body.

--

Luhan’s eyebrows crease for just one moment before his eyes snap open. He feels a stab of pain on the side of his head, and his eyes are puffy and itchy. He feels better after sleeping this time, but he has no idea what day it is. He feels like he is watching everything from the outside. Just like a porcelain doll that you throw on the floor and leave it there, Luhan feels helplessly broken and scattered to idle pieces. He yawns and he can feel the dried tears on his cheeks; he must have been crying in his sleep. That hadn’t happened in a long time…

“Good morning” Sehun says in a quiet voice; the volume of his voice is still barely tolerable for Luhan’s pained head. Luhan turns his head in the darkness, feeling like nails are rattling inside his brain; he muffles a groan. Sehun is sitting on the bed next to Luhan, looking down at him calmly. Morning huh? That helps a little with the disorientation he is currently experiencing.

“Hey” Luhan answers in a horse voice, which he has to push out of his sore throat and past the vile taste in his mouth. Looking at Sehun’s faintly lit silhouette, he feels a surge of guilt overwhelming him from head to toe. After all the terrible things he has said to Sehun in the past days, the kid hasn’t left him even for a second; he stayed and helped him sleep, and waited the whole night on Luhan’s side. Luhan doesn’t deserve any of this. “Sehun…I…I’m sorry” he says, managing to lift himself up on his elbows with a lot of effort.

“It’s okay, I don’t mind the things you are apologizing for” Sehun shrugs his shoulders, and he probably means what he says because he is not the type to hide his feelings or lie, but Luhan cannot help his apologetic expression. He doesn’t mind the things I am apologizing for, but he does mind something

“I’m sorry for the things I said, and I am sorry I yelled at you, and I’m so sorry for everything, because it was unfair. You only wanted to help but I…” he shakes his head, sighing in disappointment.

“Maybe I pushed too much, so it’s not your fault entirely” Sehun reassures him. Luhan fixes him with a stern gaze in the semi-darkness of the room. He doesn’t want Sehun to take the blame.

“You did push, Sehun, but not too much. You did only what was expected. It’s just that I am too sensitive on this, so any pressure is too much pressure. I’m sorry” Luhan apologizes again, sitting up on the bed.

“Luhan, don’t be sorry” Sehun sighs, running a hand through his unkempt hair. “If you didn’t let out some steam at my expense, who else would have been in my shoes? That’s what boyfriends are for”

“Really?” Luhan raises an eyebrow, bitter with himself. Sehun is usually right when he says that, and more often than not it turns out that Luhan should not be sorry, because mistakes happen beyond his control, both inside the small world of their relationship and outside it, but this time…Luhan finds it hard to believe it’s not his fault, after he has spent the biggest part of his lifetime thinking that it is, and after his family so profusely accused him and hated him for it.

“Sehun?” he asks, quirking his eyebrow thoughtfully “Would you like to hear a story?”

A deep and long silence falls in the room. Sehun keeps his eyes steadily on Luhan, examining him carefully. Luhan remains reserved in his thoughts, as he waits for Sehun’s answer. Luhan thinks he is turning crazy. He was reacting like a mad man yesterday when Sehun asked, but now he is offering to tell him the very same thing. Why? Luhan doesn’t know. Maybe it is because Sehun is Sehun, or maybe because he feels guilty for treating him like this, or maybe because Sehun is the first special person in Luhan’s life who has not broken the promise he made. For whatever reason, Luhan wants to tell him, and he’d like to do it now. Keeping it in feels suffocating.

“Okay” Sehun agrees in the end and Luhan nods. He prefers the simplicity of it.

“One day, very unceremoniously, a boy was born, somewhere in China” Luhan starts with the intension to tell this story as detachedly as he can. He is not cold inside, neither is he trying to numb himself like other times; he is simply telling a story.

“The boy had one elder brother and, later, he got one younger sister. They were very happy children; they fooled around and laughed a lot. They were good students and they lived a comfortable and ordinary everyday life. Their parents worked hard to maintain the cheerful and carefree atmosphere in their house on the countryside, and the family was happy overall. That boy was very happy too. He felt blessed and lucky to have such a family, to grow up with so much love and such little troubles, to live in a sunny place with lots of ice cream. He was happy and innocent.

“But…later on, the boy found out, when he entered high school, that he didn’t like other girls. He had never really thought about it, even though his family had always been planning a future for him as being married with children. He thought he wanted that too, because doesn’t everyone? But he found himself eyeing other boys. It was just so. He was raised to believe that it was wrong and for that reason it felt wrong, but it was beyond his control. It was happening and he was not doing it on purpose, and he was not able to stop it. He kept it to himself, of course. Until one stupid, stupid day, he told his family.

“They didn’t hesitate, not even for a moment, before they kicked him out, full of disgust. Different times, different people, different values; too much hatred concealed in love. They attacked him like he was their mortal enemy, the traitor who brought the plague, disgrace and defilement in their righteous home. They called him names, they humiliated him, they tainted his chaste soul, and then threw him down the stairs and left him, hoping he would disappear one way or another. He was left injured, with no money, no belongings, no place to go to, basically with no future” Sehun waits patiently as Luhan takes a moment to himself before he resumes his story.

“The dark was so much scarier than everyone else thought. The boy was weak and he had lived protected and sheltered all his life; he didn’t know what to do, where to go, how. He cried himself to sleep for nights on end, living with hardly any recourses, but he survived. He moved out of the country, finished school, became a boring lawyer who is paid too little to babysit two idiots, and he settled well. He never saw his family again or heard from them, although he tried once. He didn’t dare get too close; they were strangers. They crossed him out as a son. The only fragment of compassion came in the form of an apologetic look from his brother, because they had shared so much in life. And that’s the end of this story”

Luhan finishes, waving a hand in the air to showcase everything around him. This is where the story has brought him. It’s the first time he doesn’t know how he feels after telling his sad story. He feels…blank. Yes, all the pain and hatred and shame and sadness, they are all there; but nothing overwhelms him, like they used to. He feels…normal. Relieved, accepted. Maybe that’s Sehun’s effect.

Sehun keeps watching Luhan calmly, with his notorious poker face. He blinks and lets some minutes pass in silence. Luhan appreciates the silent minutes, because his head hurts. Deep down, he would have liked to know what Sehun is thinking of all this, however. Is he sad? Does he feel pity for him or disgust for his family’s behavior? Would those be enough to drive him away?

“Oh.” Sehun ends up saying after a while, his voice ringing in the silence. “I didn’t know your childhood would end as sad as mine” he comments, falling backwards and landing on his back on the bed. There is absolutely nothing entertaining about their past, but Luhan finds something funny in how he feels in this moment, and he starts laughing, not very loudly but still vividly enough to make his suffering head hurt. He gently lies back onto his pillow, looking at an equally incongruously grinning Sehun. They’re just so weird sometimes. It feels good.

“Maybe that’s why we’re attracted to each other” he jokes bitterly, his fingers playing with the covers. He feels about ten times lighter now. Sehun has a small smile on his lips and his hand cages Luhan’s fingers securely as he shakes his head.

“No, Luhan” he says, looking into Luhan’s dark eyes steadily “Don’t be mistaken; our past is our past and it makes us partly who we are, but it’s not what we do. We are together because we need each other, because we can fix each other. You’re the family I never knew and I’m the faith you lost in people. We keep each other sane” Sehun says softly and moves closer to embrace Luhan. Luhan returns the hug eagerly, enjoying the comfort of early morning cuddles in bed. He didn’t know he had it in him in this moment, but he feels his lips curling into a smile. Sehun feels like home; the best sort of home.

--

A light knock on the heavy door of his office pulls Chanyeol’s attention away from his papers, slowly and deliberately like a hook. He doesn’t blink, his eyes scanning hurriedly over the last words of the sentence and absorbing very little of their actual meaning, before he lifts his eyes from his work, pausing his thoughts on the subject he’s been reading. It’s not really a surprise to see Lay standing just inside the office; his secretary has a certain unobtrusive way of knocking which has become very distinct for him through the years. He is holding fewer files than Chanyeol expected though, and that calls for a quirk of the taller’s eyebrow.

“Chanyeol? I came to pick up the documents I left you this morning” the secretary informs, ever so polite and gentle in his voice and manners. He moves closer to the desk without hesitation, like he always does; they dropped the formality of asking permission to approach long ago, because Lay knows what is on that desk better than Chanyeol himself sometimes, and it’s silly to keep such pretences with a person who has had his trust for so many years. Not to mention, Chanyeol doesn’t like feeling superior to his coworkers and friends; he’s a leader, not a boss.

“Wait” Chanyeol stops him before Lay has the chance to take any of the neatly stacked papers which have been perching on the edge of the desk since noon. Chanyeol flattens his hands protectively over as many documents of those splayed in front of him as he can, and he gives Lay a suspicious look, narrowing his eyes. “You don’t come bearing gifts?” he asks warily, chancing a glance at the folders Lay brought in with him. It’s usually him or Luhan who bring Chanyeol his assigned hateful paperwork, but Luhan has called in sick today, so he guesses only Lay has the privilege of serving him his next number-induced headaches. Why are those files so flimsy, though? His headaches never look as light and merry. This is odd.

“No, I don’t” Lay seems a bit baffled with Chanyeol’s apprehension, his eyebrows frowning in confusion for a moment before they smooth out and he presents a polite, dimpled smile. “I only came to pick these up, since the finance department needs them” he reassures, picking up the papers and stacking them over the files he’s already carrying in his hands. Chanyeol relaxes a little in his chair, feeling out of immediate danger, but all this still seems unnatural to him; he usually collects enough paper castles to last him till late at night. What celestial convergence is happening today, allowing him to even finish at a decent hour of the day, if he tries to work through these papers a little faster? “Besides, I thought you were leaving; it’s six” his friend notes, looking at the clock on the wall. Chanyeol doesn’t even bother to check the time.

“Where would I go? There’s still work to be done” he scoffs, surrendering in his seat completely. Being the future heir of the company comes with a lot of disadvantages, one of which being that you have to work until you’re finished and not according to the work hours the law provides. The workload is decidedly heavier than most employees’, and you are expected to work hard in the first place. Nobody really cares that you’re melting your youth inside four walls, because everyone thinks that’s what life is supposed to be for people like you. Chanyeol has grown used to it; he doesn’t even complain about it anymore, it’s something he takes for granted.

It’s not something his friends have accepted though. Even after all these years, Kai keeps nagging him about his meals and sleep, Luhan demands that Chanyeol erases those sleep-deprived dark circles under his eyes, and Lay orders meals for him without even asking, whenever he suspects he hasn’t eaten properly in days. They have their way of caring and reminding him that he’s only human and that he should take care of himself like everyone else.

“But it’s six” Lay stresses his words, giving Chanyeol a good look. Chanyeol half expects the familiar lecture about how he should be taking better care of himself, which his considerate and loving secretary sometimes gives him before dismissing him and all but kicking him out of the office for the day. It’s a really strange flip in hierarchy when your secretary tells you to go home, but it has happened many times to Chanyeol, so it wouldn’t be surprising. But the lecture doesn’t come.

Chanyeol starts speed-thinking of an alternative explanation for Lay’s fixation with the time –since the secretary doesn’t seem very keen on elaborating. On the rare occasions Lay has to leave early, he informs Chanyeol in the morning and then returns at an appropriate hour to subtly remind him of the time, so that Chanyeol can officially dismiss him in the eyes of the rest of the employees. It used to be a discreet system, but Chanyeol is so dense and he tends to space out so much when he works that Lay resolves to more obvious tactics sometimes. Chanyeol panics. Sunflowers, did he say he wanted to leave early today? Think Chanyeol, try to remember what happened around the time you scorched your tongue with coffee. Chanyeol rummages his memory, coming up with nothing, and internally panicking even more for that reason.

“And…?” he prompts meekly, gulping down his nerves. If Lay hints that he wants to leave around this time of the day, Chanyeol will be more than happy to let him go in an instant –he’s guilty of forgetting any morning conversation on the matter, but he doesn’t mind that either. Lay is an exemplar secretary, a miracle on earth really, truly a lifesaver, and Chanyeol would grant him any wish he could anytime because he’s always so thankful. It’s not like his secretary has to suffer because of him. Besides, he thinks Suho is in town these days, so maybe they have a date? Who is Chanyeol to take their private time away from them? But he has this feeling –he doesn’t know why, maybe it’s the uncharacteristically dangerous glint in Lay’s eyes– that this is not about his secretary’s dismissal. There is something he should know, something he should be remembering; but he doesn’t know what that might be, for the life of him!

“And on this particular Wednesday, you’re leaving at six” Lay enunciates pointedly. Oh. Chanyeol still feels like he should be understanding something he has no idea about. It’s like Lay is trying to spell the words in Chanyeol’s head through his skull with his intense gaze. Chanyeol feels a shiver running down his spine. Lay is usually a creature of soft smiles and hushed comments, wise advice and infinite patience; this resolute, pressing stare is out of character. It makes Chanyeol slightly disconcerted and even more guilty, because he feels like he’s forgetting something big, and not just anything. The silence stretches between them, their glaring competition becoming an intense transmission of subconscious gibberish and urgent panic.

“I…am?” he stutters uncertainly in the end, his eyes trying to decode the signals Lay is frantically sending him, and failing miserably. He tries to think what might be special about this Wednesday, if he has an arrangement, if it’s someone’s birthday, if it’s a holiday even; but it’s just another Wednesday on the calendar after all. Lay seems to take his reluctant answer as a consensus, and the tension vanishes in an instant from his whole being, as if a switch has been turned off. He’s back to his agreeable, composed self, and that’s not comforting at all right now. What on earth is going on? The question is on the tip of his tongue, but Lay is faster, hurrying to finalize things between them.

“The car is already waiting for you downstairs” he informs like any other day, but there is a sense of inevitability. Chanyeol stares in confusion; the car? He didn’t even call for any car. Where does he need to be, what the freaking flowers is he forgetting?! “May I remind you, it’s not polite to keep your chauffer waiting” he chirps helpfully next, fixing the papers in his hands to perfection. Chanyeol opens his mouth to ask who’s driving him where at least, but he doesn’t get the chance because Lay pivots and practically hops his steps out of the room in a display of happiness for no known reason. Chanyeol chokes on his voice in protest, but he is ignored.

He sighs and falls back in his chair, still considerably flabbergasted. He looks down at the papers that don’t seem to make as much sense as they did three minutes ago, and he drops his pen. So, is he really leaving? There are still a few loose ends here on his desk, but it’s six, and apparently, he has to drop everything and go at this hour on this particular Wednesday. Oh, and the car is waiting for him, so he’d better not delay. Chanyeol starts seriously contemplating how distractedly he has been living his life; he’s always missed a couple of harmless life details here and there, but this time he doesn’t even know where he’s supposed to be in his very near future! What sort of life have you been living, Park Chanyeol…He moves to pick up his pen, wondering if his secretary will let him stay in the office long enough to sign the papers in front of him before he goes.

Just on cue, Lay’s head pops in through the door.

“Just leave, Chanyeol” he deadpans, and his unexpected appearance makes Chanyeol jolt in surprise, dropping his pen. One glance at the soulless look his secretary is giving him is enough to convince Chanyeol to pick his rear off the chair and start fumbling around to gather his things. He has no idea where he’s being sent to, but he has a very clear grasp of the fact that he should be going now, thanks to his secretary. What would he do without him, really.

Not five minutes later, thanks to impeccable elevator service and Lay watching every step he took to make sure he stayed on the right path that would lead him away from his office, Chanyeol finds himself walking across the lobby, significantly more accepting of the fact that he’s leaving, but still rather dumbfounded on why and where he’s going. He greets the ladies behind the front desk and any employee who happens to be in the area, fixing his suit and putting on his sunglasses on the way. He has yearned for the freedom outside these doors so many times that, no matter his uncertainty and bewilderment on the subject, he finds himself stepping out of the busy building very willingly, with a sense of relief.

Once outside, he looks around, trying to guess which one of the fancy cars waiting in line in front of the company is meant for him. Their windows and polished surfaces sparkle in the sunlight. It seems to be a busy hour, since many people get off work around this time, so the traffic is heavy, both on the street and on the sidewalk. Heels clack and briefcases swish in the air, people mumbling on the phone or distractedly thinking of the grocery list, as they walk up and down and across the street, vaguely registering their surroundings and walking mostly uninterrupted with a sense of purpose. And here Chanyeol is, towering above most of them in hopes to locate a familiar car nearby.

It’s not long into his search that a figure catches his attention. It’s someone who is not walking on the street, neither is he sitting in a car. Instead, he is leaning on one, not far away to the left, facing towards the company doors. He’s not doing anything in particular, but Chanyeol’s eyes are completely captivated. Chanyeol makes a double take, in case the bright sun is playing tricks on him, but the figure is indeed painfully familiar. His jaw drops and suddenly the air around him is not enough. There is no mistaking that petite frame, with broad shoulders and tapered waist, much less the sinfully full thighs that tempt the heaven’s virtue. Chanyeol gapes a little, taking in the sight; he’s dressed in snuggly fitting, grey slacks and a blindingly white, button down shirt, tucked inside. He’s wearing thick framed black sunglasses, very classy and elegant as if out of an old Hollywood movie, but those rose petal lips Chanyeol would recognize in a million pairs. The object of his admiration –and grand surprise– smirks a little from the distance, unmistakably aware he has Chanyeol’s attention, and he detaches himself from the car he had been idly leaning against –looking like a supermodel in the process.

Chanyeol is ninety eight percent sure he’s hallucinating on a fine Wednesday afternoon.

The man walks closer unhurriedly and Chanyeol closes his mouth and skips down the steps, mingling with the crowd but still trying to keep eye contact with his mirage. Unfortunately, the current of people gets in the way and he loses sight of him; he tries to tiptoe and search in the crowd, not wanting to call his name in public and draw attention –besides, he’s almost certain he has imagined it. There is no way something like this would happen in real life. He bites his lip considering his inner turmoil and, just as he lets out the most discrete sigh of frustration, there he appears again, a small face in the crowd moving on the sidewalk. Chanyeol freezes stupidly, even though his instincts scream at him to go get him, but he can’t help it; he looks so stunning, so breathtakingly beautiful and so unreal, that all Chanyeol can do is stare again, his jaw slacking.

Fortunately, the man moves towards him and Chanyeol may still have chances of catching up to him, just to touch his arms and make sure he’s real. The closer the man gets, the more Chanyeol panics, torn between believing this is reality or fantasy. Thankfully –as far as his mental status is concerned– the man proves to be very real. Because, when he’s finally so close that Chanyeol can almost smell his clean-laundry-and-vanilla scent, Chanyeol feels a small hand, soft and slender and uniquely his, brushing against Chanyeol’s own limp hand. The touch is inconspicuous, almost accidental one would say if they even noticed it in the first place, and it only lasts a moment, before the man continues his course down the street. There is no other sign of acknowledgement, but Chanyeol doesn’t really need anything more. He clears his throat, covering his smiling lips with one hand, and then composes himself in a perfectly calm façade. He fixes his sunglasses on his nose and walks after the figure, accepting the unspoken, secret invitation for him only.

It feels like a spy movie, but it’s more exciting. Chanyeol mimics the people around him and pretends he has a purpose too as he walks down the sidewalk with a casual step. He guesses he blends in just enough and no one suspects him, not even those who stutter in their step to admire his tall and tailored figure as he walks past them. His glasses do a good job at concealing his fixed gaze, which, unlike the people flocking around, is not set into space and thoughts about the day, but on a very specific, short brunet who’s walking ahead of him. Chanyeol keeps an inconspicuous distance between them, feeling the rush of the chase every time the shorter gets shadowed by someone else walking around or turns a corner and disappears for a moment before Chanyeol finds him again.

The small man acts his part perfectly as the homme fatal, walking ahead at a steady pace that allows Chanyeol to follow, and never looking back over his shoulder, to keep a pristinely inconspicuous record. It would be the understatement of the century to say that Chanyeol is captivated. He simply cannot look away, from the silky chestnut hair that frills in the gusts of wind, to those admirably shaped shoulders, to that slightly thinner waist which flairs into those delicious hips and thighs that keep swaying tauntingly as he walks. Maybe it’s the fabric or the cut of the slacks, but Chanyeol swears he hasn’t seen plain pants fitting a man so nicely before. They accentuate the lines of his lower body, the ample curves on the sides and the plush swell of his rear, looking so delectable and classy that many fellow humans would want to cry. He’s not sure he’s proud of himself for it, but on certain moments Chanyeol feels like he wants to drop pretences, run and pounce on him.

It’s a five minute walk or maybe a bit more, until they reach their destination. It’s after another corner that the shorter unexpectedly turned, and when Chanyeol follows, he finds him leaning casually against another car. He seems very comfortable, ankles crossed and likewise crossed arms across his chest, pulling the white fabric taught –and Chanyeol had been this close to drooling already with just the thighs, this is a whole new level of self restraint he’s being pushed onto. He notices the top buttons of the white shirt are undone, giving a much more youthful and easygoing impression, letting inviting collarbones peek through, following the fine line of his neck from his sharp jaw. Chanyeol will never regret lusting over him.

Baekhyun smirks when Chanyeol stops in front of him, his pink lips looking so smooth and pouty as if begging to be kissed. Chanyeol smiles back, watching Baekhyun unfold from his hunched position against the car and standing to his full height. They’re inside each other’s personal bubble but neither of the two minds; Chanyeol’s heart thumps in anticipation. The smirk tugging on Baekhyun’s lips is almost smug in a strangely alluring way; dare Chanyeol say, seductive. In the best way he’s ever seen this close. His playful intensions get all the more clear, when Baekhyun lowers his sunglasses on his nose, just to look up at Chanyeol over the frames with a mischievous glint in his eyes, before sliding the glasses back in place and stepping to the side. Chanyeol remains silent because that seems to be the agreement, but his eyebrows are raised in interest and in mild surprise. Baekhyun’s appearance today has been an unexpected blessing, he doesn’t know to what he owes the pleasure, and this game is somewhat unlike the tame puppy side Baekhyun usually shows, but Chanyeol would never refuse it. He watches Baekhyun, curious as to what comes next, and the shorter opens the passenger side door with a grand gesture, expecting Chanyeol to get in.

“You’re my chauffer?” Chanyeol asks playfully, thinking of Lay’s words earlier. He broke the silence, but they’re safe enough from prying eyes and overall blending in with the scenery, so he hopes Baekhyun won’t be disappointed he spoke. He walks closer with every intension to follow instructions obediently, but he pauses at the door, looking down at a smiling Baekhyun; he can see his sparkling eyes over the rim of his glasses.

“Among other things” Baekhyun hums teasingly, winking at Chanyeol. The latter finds it hard to breathe for a moment, his throat constricting just for the sake of all those innuendos, but he exhales a smile, collapsing in the seat. Baekhyun is still smiling haughtily when he closes Chanyeol’s door, making his knees wobbly and weak with that smile –and oh, Baekhyun knows that very well from the looks of it, which only helps Chanyeol to melt sooner. Baekhyun is doing strange things to Chanyeol’s insides today; it’s like they’re twirling and coiling in excitement.

He watches Baekhyun walk around the front of the car, sighing wistfully to himself; how on earth did he find someone so amazing? It’s not every day you get to find someone who makes you swoon and feel all cotton candy on the inside. Baekhyun settles into the driver’s seat, starting the car and rolling down the windows to allow a comforting breeze, much preferable to the air-condition; the sun makes the air smell nice today. It’s honestly not Chanyeol’s intension when he gets a peek down Baekhyun’s shirt, when the smaller shifts forward and sideways, tinkering with the sound system. Chanyeol flushes at the sight of peachy skin cascading down delicate milky planes and wrapping around sharp clavicles; it’s just a moment of realization before he looks away and he didn’t even see anything substantial, but it’s more than enough to make his ears turn bright red. He’s thankful Baekhyun doesn’t look his way until he calms down, the former too preoccupied with getting them into street traffic.

They’re moving slowly due to the traffic but there is no way around it, no matter where you go in the city at this hour. So, Chanyeol relaxes in his seat, closing his eyes and smiling at the sunny weather, his free afternoon ahead of him and the prospect of spending every minute of it with Baekhyun. He takes a moment to appreciate how lucky and happy he feels in this moment. A soft soundtrack of foreign songs starts humming in the car, jazz and swing and old French and Italian songs, blending in the background and making Chanyeol feel so awfully flattered; they’re all love songs. He does a poor job of keeping his blushing, shy smile off his lips, because Baekhyun has chosen these songs for him, courting him subtly, and it feels so unexpectedly warm. Chanyeol also tries not to make too much of the view of Baekhyun’s pretty fingers shifting gears, lazily when they’re close to a red light and more confidently when there’s room to move forward. Chanyeol concentrates on the fuzzy feelings from basking in the sun and lets everything go, trusting Baekhyun completely. He likes the silence; it helps him unwind after a day full of paperwork.

“Did you orchestrate all this?” Chanyeol asks after a while, turning to look at Baekhyun with a smile. He is really thankful, for the relief of leaving early from work, the thrill of the game of hide and seek, the comfort of the sunny car ride with the soft touches of love songs in his ears, for everything Baekhyun makes him feel and has done for him today. Baekhyun keeps his focus on the road but a wide smile spreads on his pretty lips, pointy canines sparkling and making his lips look darker pink.

“Of course I did” he answers naturally, sounding sure of himself. Something in the firmness of his voice combined with his forearms flexing as he turns the wheel makes Chanyeol’s insides melt and tickle in a way that’s definitely interested. Baekhyun should be illegal, with his top buttons open, his sunglasses on and that seductive smirk. He can’t help but wonder where all these sparks will lead to.

“So, Lay was in the loop?” Chanyeol guesses. Baekhyun must have had some sort of contact with him, to arrange the time Chanyeol would be required to leave the office. Baekhyun bites his lip through his smile, more entertained than guilty, and nods. Chanyeol’s eyebrows rise above his sunglasses. “Lay was insisting so much that I had to go, that I thought I was forgetting something” he complains lightly; he thought he was starting to experience premature dementia with how adamant Lay was. He could never outright mention who had been waiting downstairs for him, of course, but maybe a hint would have made it easier; Chanyeol would have been infinitely more willing to fly downstairs if he’d known. He doesn’t hold anything against either of them though; the surprise was totally worth it. Baekhyun stops at a red light and turns to look at him with a serious and professional front, holding up one delicate finger.

“Firstly, that’s your secretary’s fault, Mr. Park. All I did was to ask him to send you down at six, with no further specification, so you can’t really blame my planning for your unfortunate experience” he retorts cheekily and Chanyeol smiles, holding back his urge to coo at him; his boyfriend is so adorably smart and mature. Baekhyun starts moving the car again, a short pause sneaking in his speech. Then, in a blink of the eye, he changes from fierce professional to sunlit sparkling creature, nodding his nose towards his shoulder demurely, a playful smile lingering on his lips. “Secondly, you are forgetting something: you very recently got yourself a little boyfriend, and he’s not planning to let you live your life without pleasant surprises” Baekhyun’s smile is wide and sparkling by the time he finishes his sentence, showing just how happy he is, in spite of his rosy blush that washes out in the golden sunlight. Chanyeol laughs, reverberating with contentment, and Baekhyun joins him with a chuckle, even though he has to check for any cars on the side before crossing the street.

“I’m very lucky then” he muses, watching Baekhyun as the shorter drives with a brilliant smile on his lips. A life with pleasant surprises sounds like a perfect plan for the rest of Chanyeol’s days, especially if it involves Baekhyun. Chanyeol stares at the small wonder next to him, feeling so peaceful and sunny, and so so in love. He’s glad the sunglasses cover his awestruck gaze, because he’s pretty sure it’s embarrassing. He forces his fingers to lace on his lap before they attempt anything reckless. “Where are we going?” he asks curiously to distract himself, watching the city surroundings. Baekhyun gives him a cryptic smile.

“It’s a surprise” he reminds him, and Chanyeol settles with that answer, chuckling lightly; of course you can’t get a secret out of Baekhyun. Chanyeol turns his head and leans back in his seat, very obviously stalking Baekhyun while he drives. The sun and shadows run over his features as the car moves, the city outside blurring in colorful, inconsequential details behind him, and there is a small smile that never seems to leave his sweet lips, making Chanyeol’s heart swell in his chest.

“I’m looking forward to it then” he says, noticing Baekhyun’s lips twitching in glee before returning to the tranquil, content smile he so comfortably wears on his pouty lips. If not for how happy you make me feel, then for how happy you feel by treating me this way. Chanyeol considers himself to be a very caring person, but he doesn’t get to experience such attention and care often for himself. And, as a grown man, he didn’t expect he’d ever need to be pampered like this, but now he realizes this pleasure has nothing to do with his gender or his age. Being with someone so thoughtful, who doesn’t hesitate to show you how much they treasure you in action, who don’t mind the lengths and difficulties they have to cross to make you feel special even just for one evening, who accept all your unappealing sides and still want you all the same, is a blessing.

The first twenty minutes are spent in relative silence, since the road demands for Baekhyun’s attention. The music plays, lulling Chanyeol’s tension from work away, and he is left with the sense of vacation for some reason. Baekhyun drives easily, always with that small smile on his lips, and if you look close enough –like Chanyeol has been staring, ahem– you can see his whole form shivering with anticipation ever now and then, the edges of his lips curling in excitement in those moments.

The city scope outside changes in shapes, colors and sizes, crowds appearing and thinning out, the concrete and urbane jungle looking more beautiful because of the setting sun. After the traffic lessens to an easily manageable degree, Baekhyun becomes more talkative. He asks about Chanyeol’s day with interest and he insists on getting the details of how Lay got him to leave the office. Chanyeol blushes when he talks about the confusion he felt, because he’s doing so with a childish pout and it all seems so silly now. Baekhyun laughs, the tinkling and slightly husky sound carrying outside and flying in the summer sky. Chanyeol has no idea where they’re going, but he hasn’t felt this calm in a long time.

It’s well into sunset hour that Chanyeol realizes they’ve reached the suburbs. Picket fences and summer flowers adorn every street, wide, clean sidewalks and dollhouses lining them. The air feels cleaner and Chanyeol leans to the side to watch the sky above; you can see bigger parts of it here, without anything blocking the view of a soft blue sky and fluffy rosy clouds. The scenery is unfamiliar, but familiar at the same time, blending into memories of trips to his grandmother’s house when he was very little. The traffic lights in this area are scarce if any, and the cars even fewer, and that allows them to move at a steady speed; not too fast of course, since it is a residential area potentially full of children, but steady enough that Baekhyun rarely touches the gear stick.

So, when Baekhyun wordlessly extends a hand, palm up, and offers it to Chanyeol, it’s not panic for their safety that sets the taller’s heart beating like crazy, but the gesture itself. Not needing two hands to drive and offering to hold your driving partner’s hand while driving are two completely different things, the latter being much more intimate and romantic. It’s not just about sharing the experience but also about knowing you’re on the other’s mind. There is a moment of uncertainty, Chanyeol looking at the delicate hand in front of him and thinking all sorts of impossible things, but one glance at Baekhyun convinces him to take the hand in his own. Baekhyun seems completely relaxed and comfortable with his reaction, his smile growing on his lips when he laces their fingers naturally. Their hands fall in Chanyeol’s lap and he smiles down at them, admiring the picture bashfully, but he doesn’t say a word.

“Someday, when I’m awfully low, when the world is cold~” Baekhyun starts humming to the song then, absentmindedly and sweetly, his voice mingling with the music. Chanyeol freezes a bit at first, listening attentively. He hasn’t heard Baekhyun sing in a long time. This is not the first song Baekhyun has hummed along today, but it’s the first he sings clearly, and while holding Chanyeol’s hand no less. When Chanyeol turns to look at him with intrigued, raised eyebrows, Baekhyun doesn’t look back but he cracks a knowing and tad bit mischievous smile. Chanyeol is man enough to admit he blushes to the tips of his ears; he has never been serenaded before, and it doesn’t seem Baekhyun has ever done it before either, because he pinks slightly too. Chanyeol leans closer to hear him better over the whispering wind, relishing the moment. He starts humming along first, watching Baekhyun’s sparkling smile, and then he’s mumbling lyrics, and then it’s a proper duet. Baekhyun seems delighted, even though Chanyeol’s voice is not as perfect for singing purposes. They’re both so captured by each other that things get utterly confusing, when Baekhyun catches Chanyeol looking at him with the corner of his puppy eyes while they’re singing ‘lovely, never ever change’, and his heart does a strange fling in his chest; he’s not sure who is singing to whom by this point.

The manmade touches on their surroundings lessen from then on, nature taking over in hills and slopes and wild vegetation. Chanyeol has long stopped trying to guess where they might be going and if anything around him seems familiar. Instead, he trusts Baekhyun to safely take them to their destination; he seems particularly confident he knows the way, after all. Chanyeol enjoys the trip, smiling as the wind blows his hair. He loosens his tie with his free hand, breathing in the freshness of the early summer afternoon. He’s gathered enough sunshine and happiness today to last him for at least a week, and he won’t mind if all they do is turn around and head back. But Baekhyun promised him a surprise and as tempting as it might be for him to drift to sleep, a spiking excitement is squirming in his tummy, keeping him wide awake and aware of every bright moment. Baekhyun squeezes their fingers once before he lets go to shift gears, and not much later he stops the car altogether at an opening on the side of the quiet road. Chanyeol returns to his human consistency from being something closer to marmalade, and he jolts upright at the realization they’ve reached their destination, looking around inquisitively. Is this

“We’re here!” Baekhyun announces, chirping a giggle and hurrying out of the car. Chanyeol is still speechless, blinking around like a stunned puppy, while Baekhyun walks around the car and opens the door for him swiftly. He extends a pretty hand for Chanyeol to take and Chanyeol looks up at him with his lips gaping in confusion, his heart reacting so violently it almost breaks his chest. Baekhyun is glowing, fair rosy skin and sparkling little teeth, the breeze playing with his open collar and tussling his hair in the sun like a halo around his beautiful face. Angel. “Well, are you coming?” he seems to hold back a giggle and Chanyeol cracks an embarrassed smile, finally taking Baekhyun’s hand timidly. Baekhyun pulls him out much easier than expected, the downward slope of the hill working to his advantage, and he kicks the door close behind them.

Chanyeol gets the chance to look around properly, and he suddenly remembers why this place seems familiar to him. It’s his birthday present, it’s Baekhyun’s sanctuary, his tree. It seems like not a day has passed since Chanyeol last stepped foot here, and it doesn’t matter that the season is completely different. The grass is soft and tender, wrapping the hill in green, and a few small flowers dot the surface sparsely. The city looks like blue, green and silver sparkles in the distance, flamed up in the last lights of the setting sun. The sky above them is lilac, growing light blue, pink and white in the distance, where the sun is hidden by orange, red and dark purple clouds. Chanyeol guesses it won’t be long before the first stars start making an appearance, but the temperature is pleasantly warm and the breeze is waning. The old tree is as massive as Chanyeol remembers, with thick green foliage and heavy branches, bowing and growing in the direction of the slope. The leaves rustle in the wind and the air smells of summer.

“I haven’t been here in so long” he admits, feeling his heartbeat easing at once. Baekhyun takes off his sunglasses, revealing ever so lightly coaled eyesmiles that sparkle in the sun when he looks up at him. Chanyeol’s heart thumps and dives in the clouds at the sight. He takes off his own glasses, scrunching his nose when the sunrays sting his eyes a bit, and he lets the shorter gently pull him forward.

“Follow me, Mr. Park; dinner awaits” he says, so joyfully and softly that it sounds like a lyric from a song. Baekhyun’s eyes don’t look away and Chanyeol knows the shorter’s attention is on him, even when he looks away to take in the sight of his surprise. He doesn’t know what he had been expecting, but he finds himself gasping and opening his eyes wide. It’s just so beautiful

Under the luscious shade of the tree there is a handsome picnic setup. A white-and-blue checkered cloth is laid out on the soft grass, two pretty, large bamboo baskets sitting on it innocently. Fluffy pillows in various shades of blue are waiting patiently in carefully dismantled heaps and there are flower arrangements scattered around, some small enough to hold in one hand and some larger, b with pretty flowers in shades of white or pink and purple. It’s surprising how their colors and sizes don’t clash at all; on the contrary, their scents and shapely petals complement each other perfectly, bringing a beautiful aesthetic to the picture. The soft light seems to enhance the dreamlike effect, sweet and fresh scents released amply into the air. There are white candles, tall and short, standing in clusters around the layout and some hanging low from the lower brunches of the tree, waiting to be lit up. Chanyeol stares in awe, not believing that all this, something so beautiful is for him. Baekhyun definitely knows how to create a stunning surprise –and make him feel special.

“What is all this?” he manages to choke after a considerable while of staring. He can feel Baekhyun bubbling with excitement next to him, his fingers dancing in between Chanyeol’s. The taller turns to look at him and he’s met with such a bright smile that Chanyeol forgets to breathe. The sun’s dying rays catch in his crescent eyes and his lips are pulled in such a beautiful, heartbreaking way that it takes conscious effort to find his breath again.

“I’m wooing you” he announces naturally, in a calm, husky voice. So naturally that it’s heartwarming and endearing, but also attractive. Very attractive. Chanyeol chuckles to keep his blush down, and because it’s a bit strange to think of himself in the shoes of the fair maiden being wooed by prince charming –even though Baekhyun is more than charming tonight for all intents and purposes. Baekhyun’s smile dims, reforming into a pout, and Chanyeol panics for a moment that he has offended him, in which case he might as well jump off the hill to remove his unworthy existence from this world, but Baekhyun looks more playful than offended. Thank the holy marshmallows; he swears he has learnt his lesson. “I’m a gentleman, Chanyeol” Baekhyun reminds him, with the most adorable hint of sass and just the right amount of seriousness. The look he is giving him is making Chanyeol weak in the knees, so steady and committed and secure. It reminds Chanyeol of a time when he dreamt of such a chivalrous Baekhyun, and Chanyeol starts consciously realizing that they’re both, equally, two men in love.

“I know, Baek” he reassures with a smile, his cheeks growing slightly pink; it brings a soft smile back on Baekhyun’s lips. Chanyeol averts his eyes to the ground and plays with their woven fingers shyly. He can’t believe he’s acting like a naïve, smitten bunny, but he can’t help it when Baekhyun is standing next to him in all his glory, holding his hand and saying such sweet things to him, taking care of him like no one ever before has. The fluffy feeling in his heart is one of the most precious things he’s felt all his life. “I love every side of you, honestly. I never thought someone would do something so nice for me, and yet you…” he lifts his gaze to look at Baekhyun’s shimmering, expectant, but on the verge of smiling eyes. Chanyeol draws courage from the frantic beating of his heart to say the rest while looking at him in the eyes. “You have a way of changing the hues of my feelings. Just when I thought I knew what loving you feels like, you do all this for me and I feel so special, and I fall in love with you even deeper”

He presses his lips in a shy smile, glancing at the sunset once to take a small breath before he locks gazes with Baekhyun again; this is nothing like his first anxious confession but he’d be lying if he said his heart is not as excited and yearning for the smaller man’s love. All he ever wants from him is to be accepted and allowed to love him. Baekhyun doesn’t respond in words but in gentle actions; his smile grows wide, showing all his teeth, and he lifts their hands to his lips, kissing the back of Chanyeol’s hand. Chanyeol can’t help but feel treasured; the gesture seems so intimate in this moment that he blushes and sighs under his breath.

“Have a seat” Baekhyun suggests softly, almost whispering, leading Chanyeol to the pillows and waiting for him to get comfortable before he leaves his side. He starts walking around leisurely and lighting the candles, even those hanging from the tree, like a fairy leaving sparkles in his wake. They’re both silent while it lasts and Baekhyun hardly spares him a glance in the process, but Chanyeol still feels like the centre of attention; it feels like Baekhyun is doing everything with such fluid, well-paced movements, as if he’s putting up a show for Chanyeol. The thought makes the taller squirm in his pillow nest. After Baekhyun is done with all the candles, adding an amber haze to the golden glow of the sunset, he takes a seat across from Chanyeol and flashes him a smile. “Have you ever had a picnic before?” he chirps casually, opening the baskets and pulling out necessities. Chanyeol shakes his head in denial, watching everything the smaller does with interest, and Baekhyun hums “I hope you will enjoy this then” he smiles and hands things over to Chanyeol, who smiles back, certain that he will enjoy it if Baekhyun is by his side.

Chanyeol hasn’t been to a picnic before but he has a vague childish impression of it, formed from picture books and children’s stories. He’s sure he wouldn’t have the nature setting any other way, because this place is as beautiful as any, so relaxing and quiet and peaceful. He also knows it’s tradition to have a checkered cloth as their table, and he’s grateful for the pillows which make his seat much more comfortable. He thought picnics are due in daytime though, so it’s a bit strange the hour is so late, not that he’s complaining, since this feels all the more exciting. He gapes when he sees the food Baekhyun has packed for them, as elaborate as properly cooked dinner at home, and as prettily set as a restaurant would have it, in spite of the cramped space of the containers. Baekhyun must be an undiscovered culinary genius. However, Chanyeol had not expected crystal champagne glasses and fine china plates or silverware to be fished out of those baskets by dainty, agile fingers. Baekhyun is doing this all the way; this is more luxurious than fine dining.

“When did you do all this? How did you find all these pretty things?” Chanyeol asks in awe, holding the glasses carefully while Baekhyun’s fingers uncork a champagne bottle expertly –probably having done this a million times at his events. The bottle has drops of condensation on it and a quiet hissing sound follows the pop. Flowers, champagne, candles…If Chanyeol is being honest, he’s impressed.

“I’m good at organizing things, remember?” Baekhyun answers cheekily with a smirk, focusing his eyes on serving them their drinks. Chanyeol is torn between watching his lips, his slender wrist or the frizzling bubbles. “Besides, I know people who know people; it’s part of the job, supplies are easy to find. But I cooked everything and set all this up” he gestures around with his free hand and then leaves the bottle to rest on the side. He takes one glass, thanking Chanyeol, and then he sits comfortably in his pillows. But then he frowns and pouts for a moment. “Just pray Kyungsoo won’t sniff me out too soon –because he definitely noticed I’d been working on a secret project” Chanyeol laughs effortlessly, one eye twitching and his loud voice echoing over the hill. Baekhyun’s chuckle is almost lost in comparison, but when Chanyeol calms down and looks at him again, Baekhyun has this affectionate little smile on his lips and that brilliant light in his eyes, as if Chanyeol’s laughter is what he’s ever lived for.

“So, what are we drinking to?” he asks, hoping to change the subject and the squirmy feeling inside him, so that he might have chances to survive this diner. Baekhyun giggles, witnessing Chanyeol’s blush –which seems to be nearly permanent on his face– and his shy, nervous smile. He’s usually full of charm and charisma, sometimes he’s silly and timid, but this flustered, awkward puppy side of him is not a part of himself he’s very familiar with, and it feels embarrassing –but, to be honest, he wouldn’t wish it was anyone else but Baekhyun to witness it.

“Anything you want” Baekhyun allows with a smile and a carefree shrug. Chanyeol quirks his lips, trying to think of something nice; he’s never been particularly good with toasts because there were only a handful of occasions when he truly wished the words would come true. Baekhyun must be a lot more experienced than him in that department, because surely he has written scripts for his events, including beautiful wishes before the first drinks. Chanyeol guesses the honor of choosing the toast is another aspect of the special treatment he’s receiving today. I don’t want to go too cliché with this, but I don’t want to ruin it either. It’s not every day Baekhyun opens bottles of champagne for him and shares a glass with him, bathed in golden sunlight and twinkling candle flames.

“To your happiness beside me” he decides in the end, making it simple and heartfelt, while tilting his glass as invitation to Baekhyun. A moment of nervousness and uncertainty passes for him, with Baekhyun’s calm eyes examining Chanyeol’s face closely. Then, to Chanyeol’s relief, Baekhyun smiles.

“To your happiness beside me” he returns the words, without changing a thing, and the gesture is touching –no, Chanyeol won’t blush again, for the love of chocolate! He tilts his glass too and the tinkling sound of their glasses is clear like a music note. Chanyeol tries not to stare too much as Baekhyun’s pretty lips close around the crystal rim of his glass.

They start tasting all the delicacies Baekhyun has packed for them after that, and each tastes better than the last. Chanyeol firmly believes it’s a shame they have to take apart the pretty contents of the boxes, but Baekhyun just laughs at his pout and calls him silly. They chatter in between food bites, talking about their day and the days they were apart, about Kyungsoo and Kai who are about to move in together and they’re both various degrees of excited and frantic about it, about Baekhyun’s adventures to secure all his ‘supplies’ for today without Kyungsoo’s notice. Sometimes, Baekhyun babbles on for a while, but he keeps nudging food bites closer to Chanyeol’s chopsticks, or he even serves them in Chanyeol’s plate; being quite hungry, he appreciates the gesture. But the most captivating thing about him that Chanyeol will forever appreciate is the interest Baekhyun shows him; he’s hanging from his lips when he’s speaking, he asks questions with genuine intention to know the answer, he reacts appropriately and teases him, and sometimes –a lot of times– he gives Chanyeol that same look of fondness he gave him when he laughed aloud. Its color changes slightly every time as the sun sets, but the feeling is the same.

After they’re both full, their stomachs being very happy, complete with dessert, they pack everything orderly inside the boxes to clear out some space. They rearrange the pillows and blow out some of the candles, to get a better view of the stars. The sky is dark now and the city looks like colorful twinkles in the distance, but nothing compares to the silvery jewels in the sky. Chanyeol hasn’t seen a clear night sky like this in while and he feels like an excited child to see so many stars at once. They lie down on the pillows, side by side. They gaze at the sky, their shoulders touching and their hands linked between them. Sometimes they talk, but the topics are about themselves now. Baekhyun seems to know a lot about the stars and constellations, even though he can’t point them in the sky because he’s never searched for them in the real sky, he’s only seen them in books. He says he prefers it this way, because the sky can still be a mystery to him. Chanyeol listens carefully to everything Baekhyun says, wishing he could keep it in his memory forever. He keeps his deep voice low when he speaks, matching it with the sense of the soft candlelight glow. Sometimes they are silent, basking in each other’s presence and warmth. Their hands somehow end up on Baekhyun’s stomach and Chanyeol sometimes silently marvels at his breath.

“Your mother called me today” Baekhyun says after a short silence. His voice is easy and casual and Chanyeol can hear a smile in it. Chanyeol, however, chokes at the sound of the news. He knew his mother would find an excuse to call Baekhyun at some point, he knew it.

“Really?” he squeaks incredulously, although he dreads it’s the truth; he knows his mother wouldn’t hesitate to do it. He only hopes she didn’t say anything too embarrassing or ask for anything too embarrassing. Chanyeol has been qualified to love his mother all his life, but Baekhyun hasn’t gotten used to her yet –and whatever do those two have to talk about? Chanyeol’s heart rate accelerates with worry, and it’s a strange stir after spending so long feeling peaceful and languid. Baekhyun chuckles, sensing his discomfort and squeezing Chanyeol’s hand reassuringly.

“Yes” he answers smiling, and his voice is still smooth and lulling while he speaks, rubbing circles on the inside of Chanyeol’s wrist. It helps turn his frantic heartbeat into a more excited and bewitched one. “She asked if we’re official yet; your mother is so cute when she’s excited. She mentioned something about expecting to see me with you at her fundraiser event –I was panicking for an answer and she was babbling plans by then, much like you mumble things in between coherent sentences sometimes, so I’m not very sure I understood correctly. I think she hopes we’ll go together though…Oh, and she asked me when I’m coming for dinner. I told her we haven’t discussed that yet, but she seemed pretty eager to have me as soon as possible” he giggles at the end, their hands jostling on his stomach, and Chanyeol sighs in defeat. The only reason he hasn’t passed out due to embarrassment yet is the comforting touches from Baekhyun and the fact that he seems to have enjoyed the conversation.

“I’m sorry you had to answer that” he mumbles poutily, lacing their fingers. Maybe he’ll have to visit his mother soon, to appease her and keep her tame for a little while longer…He’s thankful to Baekhyun, however, for handling his mother’s benevolent curiosity so well, for considering Chanyeol in his decisions and for telling him everything, of course.

“Mmm, that’s okay. I really like her, she’s a sweet woman and she loves you a lot. I guess she’s a bit concerned for your welfare; she misses you, too” Baekhyun hums a little, thoughtful. “To be honest, I was more worried about Kyungsoo being within hearing range” he says decisively after the pause, and Chanyeol can’t stop the chuckle that slips past his lips at the unexpected remark and the endearing change in Baekhyun’s voice. “You’re laughing now, but…you know he is a fanboy! And…” the protest dies in Baekhyun’s throat, Chanyeol growing completely quiet while the smaller seems to be hesitant of what he wants to say for a moment. “…we haven’t told our friends yet, about us” he mumbles shyly, his fingers fidgeting. Chanyeol catches with the corner of his eye an adorable pout, complete with puffed out cheeks and bashfully lowered eyes, maybe pink cheeks too but it’s hard to tell in the candlelight, and it makes him want to scoop him in his arms and coo at him for the rest of the night –but that’s not how human interactions work. “I mean, you know. Chen asked, but I asked him not to ask me about it at all yet because…we haven’t really said anything and I didn’t want to assume things and…Judging by his eagerness, they probably expect it, but…”

“We should tell them, shouldn’t we?” Chanyeol decides to put Baekhyun out of his misery, even though he only gets cuter with each word. Baekhyun nods eagerly and then probably realizes Chanyeol wouldn’t know his response if he weren’t looking at him –except he does– so he turns to Chanyeol; his eyes grow wide in surprise for a moment, finding him already staring, but the faint smile on the taller’s lips seems to be reassuring enough for him and he relaxes in no time. “You know our friends though; they will be horrible after that” he half-warns and half-complains, his voice shifting to a whine and his nose scrunching in distaste. A certain Kim Jongin will become Chanyeol’s worst nightmare for weeks –if Chanyeol is lucky, even though he’s certain he’ll be unlucky enough to have the pleasure of enduring Kai and Luhan combined in their teasing and prying. Baekhyun chuckles amusedly, presenting his eyesmiles.

“I’m sure they will be; that’s why we love them” he says, scooting to lie on his side so that he can look at Chanyeol better. His head is slightly above Chanyeol and the latter has to look up a bit to see over his sharp jaw. They watch each other for a while in silence, and Chanyeol gets a little lost in his glimmering eyes, the ombre golden light on his beautiful features and the soft corners of his pouty lips that still seem to smile faintly. It’s so silent around them and Chanyeol’s heart beats fast, knowing he is being watched with just as much adoration.

“But, Baekhyun…” he mumbles, taking a breath. The dreamy glaze clears to warm brown eyes that are paying attention to him. Chanyeol tries to choose his words carefully; he knows that the most impulsive thing he could do would be to ask this in the first place, but he’s already decided to do it, so he might as well do it right. “About the invitation to the event, maybe…” he glances at Baekhyun’s throat in front of him, hesitating briefly, and then looks up again to find Baekhyun giving him an expectant look with raised eyebrows. “I’d really like it if you came, with me” he says and presses his lips timidly. Maybe Baekhyun had been expecting the invitation, because he lets out an entertained chuckle, untangling their fingers and bringing his hand up to cup the side of Chanyeol’s jaw.

“You want me to be your date?” he asks in a slightly teasing voice, his eyes smiling and his thumb swiping idly over Chanyeol’s cheek. He doesn’t seem opposed to the idea. His gaze is soft but his eyes are shining, and his touch is so smooth and tender that Chanyeol can feel his cheeks catching fire. Baekhyun’s affectionate gestures have a strange impact on Chanyeol; his insides turn to marmalade and his thoughts fade into shimmering twinkles till it becomes hard for him to remember his name. But he needs to say this properly. He pouts and tries to concentrate; his effort stutters and is nearly crushed when Baekhyun’s thumb playfully brushes on the edge of his pouting lips. He hopes Baekhyun didn’t notice the shudder that went down his whole body.

“I want you to be much more than that, but that’s what we’ll tell ourselves and the crowd for now” his voice comes out much more serious and composed than he thought it would, and for a moment he’s proud of himself, for saying something so coherent and honest to Baekhyun while looking at him in the eyes. He soon regrets it though, when he feels Baekhyun’s hand freeze against his skin and he sees the smaller’s puppy eyes widen. Watching Baekhyun turning serious, Chanyeol realizes how forward what he just said was. Oops. He meant it though –not that he’d blame Baekhyun if he freaked out over the sudden announcement of wanting to be with him as much more than just a dating couple. They’ve been official for less than a week, for crying out loud.

“Chanyeol, are you serious?” he asks, a frown appearing between his eyebrows. His hand disappears from Chanyeol’s skin and it feels disappointing, but Baekhyun makes sure his voice is gentle and concerned, even though he’s being very serious and slightly anxious. “This would be an official thing. It’d be our first public appearance together. Are you sure we should, well…appear together in public? You’re kind of important in societal order. Shouldn’t you talk to your publicist about it first, or-”

“No” he shakes his head somberly and Baekhyun falls silent, watching him with still wide and slightly anxious eyes but not attempting to protest anymore. He seems to be thinking, but also waiting patiently for Chanyeol, with a sense of putting his trust in him. Chanyeol fishes for Baekhyun’s hand and brings it back in its former place, keeping it against his own skin with his larger hand. He’s still the same Chanyeol Baekhyun was touching lovingly a moment ago, he always will be. “This is between you and me. Do you want to go with me?” he asks, eyes searching Baekhyun’s. The latter presses his lips thoughtfully, staring back at him.

“I want to” he mumbles, so softly it’s barely above a whisper, as if the words are too shy to leave his lips. His hand stays on Chanyeol’s face willingly, and he resumes caressing his cheek tentatively. Chanyeol removes his own hand and sighs in relief.

“I also want you to” he says, keeping his eyes locked with Baekhyun’s. “So, will you please go with me?” he pleads gently, with his eyes wide, and maybe the look is a little too intense, because Baekhyun’s lips quirk and he averts his eyes to look at Chanyeol’s ear in concentration instead. His fingers travel there curiously, soft pads smoothing over the shell of Chanyeol’s ear and outlining his earlobe, so light and feathery. The touch is electrifying and Chanyeol can’t withhold the shiver that wrecks his nervous system at the gentle contact, his eyelids fluttering a little. Baekhyun’s lips curve in a small, restrained smile; he has undoubtedly noticed the effect of his ministrations and he’s even enjoying it, and that makes Chanyeol flush in embarrassment.

“Okay” he agrees with a sigh and a smile, looking at Chanyeol in the eyes again. Chanyeol returns a large smile, feeling his one eye twitching without permission, but Baekhyun only smiles wider at that. Chanyeol can feel himself already anticipating their first public appearance, feeling pride and joy ruffling their feathers in his chest. “I trust you” Baekhyun hums, looking into Chanyeol’s eyes as his index finger traces swirls on Chanyeol’s cheek, nudging his nose a little; Chanyeol turns his head slightly and manages to plant a swift kiss on the tip of Baekhyun’s finger. Baekhyun’s smile is still playful but his eyes widen a bit in surprise, giving Chanyeol a good look.

“Thank you” Chanyeol says quietly and then squirms a little, his mood severely improved and his spirits heightened. “Can I have a hug?” he asks, trying to sound natural. His excited smile still lingers on his lips but his heart is frantically beating in uncertainty. It’s one of those insecurities he can’t avoid, because their relationship is still fresh and the boundaries are still hazy. He doesn’t want to pressure Baekhyun, or make him feel obligated to show affection, or make him uncomfortable. Although he would be lying if he said his feelings for Baekhyun are only platonic; how could they be, when Baekhyun is so physically tempting? Thankfully, Baekhyun is a cuddly creature by nature, and he likes hugs and affectionate gestures –and hopefully he likes innocent kisses too– so he never judges Chanyeol for holding him too tight or seeking to hold his hands for as long as possible. This time is no exception and Baekhyun flashes an effortless smile, adorned with twinkling eyesmiles.

“Of course” he says so naturally that Chanyeol feels a little apprehensive for having asked in the first place. Truth be told, they had shared hugs even before they became a couple and no one ever complained. Chanyeol discreetly exhales in relief and flashes a smile at Baekhyun before he moves closer, even though the space between them is nothing notable.

He smells like clean laundry and vanilla, his white shirt still looking crisp as earlier in the evening. As he moves closer, Chanyeol gets a whiff of Baekhyun’s scent, mingling with the flowers, the night air, the soap and vanilla, and it’s so inviting; he hums contentedly. Baekhyun lets him settle without protesting at all; if anything, he arches a bit closer, pressing against Chanyeol when the taller’s arm weaves around his delicate waist. Chanyeol ends up level with Baekhyun’s fair neck, glowing gold in candlelight. The top buttons of his shirt are still open and the collar is askew due to his sideways position, giving Chanyeol a nice view of sculpted collarbones, looking warm and smooth before they disappear in shadows underneath his shirt. Baekhyun’s koala reflexes kick in soon enough; he curls his body protectively around Chanyeol, nearly wrapping himself around him, and their hug feels about a thousand times more right this way. His lips brush against Chanyeol’s forehead once before he lifts his head to rest his chin on the crown of Chanyeol’s hair, tucking the taller’s face in his neck. His pretty fingers brush over Chanyeol’s ear again before diving into his hair, combing through the strands and massaging his scalp here and there. Feelings stir inside Chanyeol, sending a rush of blood to his cheeks before they release the butterflies in his stomach, and then they tickle his heart and make his skin sensitive all over for a moment, before they settle down to a shimmer, reflecting the stars and the candlelight, the safety and warmth of Baekhyun’s embrace.

“I love your hugs, have I ever told you that?” Chanyeol mumbles absentmindedly after a while of tranquil silence. When Baekhyun hugs him, he feels like he belongs. He feels peaceful and full of wonder, excited and protective, he feels like a puzzle piece finally finding its other half. The rest of the world fades to uninteresting details and everything inside him illuminates prettily. He can only hope Baekhyun feels even a little like him, that he understands how precious these moments are to him.

“Not in words but…” Baekhyun trails off, finishing with a giggle. Chanyeol might have never said so in words, but he has always loved having Baekhyun is his arms and feeling his arms around him in return; and when a moment is so intimate, when two people are so vulnerably close to each other, it is hard to hide. So, maybe Baekhyun has sensed the affectionate signs in the past, or maybe heard Chanyeol’s heart thumping happily in his chest. Chanyeol blinks dazedly, feeling his body relaxing completely, and maybe Baekhyun smiles, feeling the shift against his own body. Chanyeol leans forward only slightly, nuzzling his nose against Baekhyun’s neck and pressing his lips against his clavicle, enjoying Baekhyun’s scent and the smoothness of his skin under his lips. He lingers for a moment reverently, thinking how beautiful Baekhyun is and how lucky Chanyeol is to be holding him so close. Baekhyun must have sensed the gesture and his fingers slow down while threading through Chanyeol’s hair. “Are you okay?” he asks with mild concern, guiding Chanyeol’s head back so that he can look down at his face, with pretty, slightly uncertain eyes. Chanyeol gives him a soft, but unquestionably blissful smile.

“I’m better than ever” he reassures him, loosening his hold on the smaller and pulling back. But before Baekhyun can complain, Chanyeol shifts, gently guiding Baekhyun to lay flat on his back, and he lifts himself off the ground so that he can hover over him. He rests his weight on his elbow next to Baekhyun’s ribs so that he won’t crush the smaller, the rest of his arm folding under Baekhyun’s shoulder naturally. With his other hand, he cradles Baekhyun’s face, weaving his fingers through his silky locks, much like Baekhyun had been doing for him earlier. Baekhyun seems surprised at first to be looking at the stars suddenly and then having Chanyeol blocking the view by hovering close above him, but he doesn’t protest or flinch away; he relaxes soon, leaning into Chanyeol’s comforting touch in his hair and squirming under him to be lying more comfortably.

And he is so pretty like this. His hair looks almost black, fanning around him on the pillows, his skin looking velvet smooth and softly glowing with amber and gold reflections. His eyelashes cast fluttering shadows in his eyes that grow heavier, his gaze growing unfathomable and his blinks turning slow. His eyes hint of chocolate in the light of the candles but for the most part they are dark, deep and looking so molten. His expression is relaxed and alluring, his lips set in their natural pout that accentuates a small shadow on his chin. Chanyeol’s fingers trace down his sharp jaw line, his eyes never leaving Baekhyun’s face; his heart twirls and nearly breaks at how close they are, warmth against warmth, Chanyeol’s longing echoing in the look Baekhyun gives him back. He feels short of breath, caressing Baekhyun’s cheek lovingly. “Can I kiss you, please?” he rasps quietly, his voice lost.

“I’d be disappointed if you didn’t” Baekhyun breathes back, his eyes closing gradually as Chanyeol leans down. He presses his lips on Baekhyun’s, feeling their softness and their warmth and the small pressure they willingly return. Their lips slot against each other naturally, as if Baekhyun’s pout is the most appropriate match for Chanyeol’s slightly fuller lips. Chanyeol’s hand has long stopped combing Baekhyun’s hair and it is gently holding him instead, his fingers buried in the nape of his neck, his palm feeling his pulse on the side, his thumb occasionally sweeping against his skin under his ear –Baekhyun shivers slightly the first time and then he trembles with little breaths that Chanyeol feels through his lips. A slender yet secure arm curls around Chanyeol’s waist, sending tingles up his spine, and another hand hooks around his neck, fingers pressing gently on the skin at the back of his neck.

Chanyeol leans in a little more, resting a bit of his weight on him, and Baekhyun’s fingers twitch, a whine building at the back of his throat which Chanyeol can feel against his fingers, but he never voices it; for some reason, Chanyeol feels butterflies squirming in his stomach from the intimacy. Baekhyun is a pliant body of vulnerable and pleased sweet sighs underneath him, and Chanyeol can’t resist the opportunity –he can’t resist him–, taking Baekhyun’s soft lower lip between his lips and treating it like the most delectable delicacy, tasting cherries and chocolate from their dessert. A thrill runs through him, flaring into gentleness until it reaches their kissing lips, but making him feel so excited and happy and his. He laps and nips at Baekhyun’s lip, with soothing brushes of his lips against his in intervals, relishing the quiet gasps he feels against his lips and the little shudders of Baekhyun’s body; he wonders what other sounds Baekhyun might make, how much further he might let Chanyeol kiss him.

Chanyeol doesn’t get to find out, because he softly breaks the kiss and pulls back a little, shuddering when he feels Baekhyun’s knee fidgeting and brushing against his own, dragging up slowly. He’s sure it was unintentional, but his body reacts with interest and that is not a good omen, considering the circumstances. Baekhyun’s lips seem a little lost without Chanyeol’s lips against them, and Chanyeol can’t bear to pull away, so he stays close to him, both of them lightly panting for breath. Their breaths mingle and Chanyeol’s heart keeps racing, but it nearly stops when he takes in the sight of Baekhyun. His eyes are dark and hooded, his cheeks are flushed pink and his lips are slightly swollen, red and glistening. He looks so thoroughly kissed, so compliant and meek, that Chanyeol wants and is almost afraid to touch him, in case he disappears like a vision. Baekhyun’s fingers dance against his nape and Chanyeol’s eyelashes flutter close a little at the sensitive feeling it sparks; Baekhyun nudges his nose with the tip of his own cute nose, and then he leisurely kisses the edge of his lips, and then Chanyeol’s chin, and then his jaw. Chanyeol sighs delightfully and he is tempted to swoop down and kiss him again –really kiss him this time– but he stops, smiling down at the inviting, seductive softness that is Baekhyun’s lips.

“It’s late, Baek” he whispers and watches as Baekhyun gradually sobers, his eyes opening and looking him in the eyes properly, blinking up adorably. He looks calm but Chanyeol thinks he looks a bit confused as well, even though he doesn’t say anything so maybe it’s just Chanyeol’s mind playing tricks on him. It’s not in its best shape right now, blown away by Baekhyun’s sweet touches and soft sighs. “Will you take me home, my knight in shining armor?” he teases with a large smile and Baekhyun cracks a smile too, nodding. Chanyeol is sure he will be half asleep tomorrow at the office, because it will take a while to pack everything here, drive all the way home and calm down enough to sleep. Baekhyun’s hand moves from his neck and caresses Chanyeol’s cheek, nudging their noses again but in a playful way this time. Chanyeol smiles down at him; maybe Baekhyun is not a knight in shining armor, maybe he’s more like a cutely petite koala in tempting attire. But he is Chanyeol’s, and he loves him.

--

The door knocks and Chen stretches lazily before getting up. He fixes his loose shirt and ruffles his hair, fully aware that even so, he is not what you would call ‘presentable’. Whatever, it’s late at night and he’s not expecting anyone. Cookie really wore him out on their walk this evening, running around tirelessly –after all, she had been expecting it all day. Showering has never seemed so draining before. On the plus side, she was too tired to resist significantly during her bath afterwards, and the bathroom didn’t turn out too messy. He passes by her and she jumps on her paws, waving her tail excitedly; where does she find all that energy? She’s just a little puppy, but her small body can get incredibly energetic. He shakes his head, smiling at her and leaning down to graze his fingers against her ears, and she follows him to the door, barking cutely once. She might be as big as a sofa cushion but she’s truly a guard dog at heart. He cracks the door open to peek outside, smiling and opening wider right after.

“Well, hello there” he purrs, crossing his arms in front of his chest and leaning on the doorframe casually. He doesn’t know what good wind blew Xiumin this way so late at night, but he’s not complaining. What a nice surprise. Cookie is wagging her tail so much behind him that it knocks on the door loudly, but she scampers inside the house soon, for her own puppy reasons. Without the danger of the puppy escaping in the hallway, Chen relaxes and runs his eyes down Xiumin’s frame appreciatively.

He’s more chicly dressed and less revealing than usual –and don’t get him wrong, Chen loves it when his boyfriend wears those nearly see-though blouses and chokers for the club, but this. Oh, this. Strong thighs wrapped in tight black pants, abs hidden underneath a crisp button-down and a nicely fitted blazer completing the look. It’s very basic, except for the dainty silver chain around his wrist which Chen knows for fact is designer, but he looks dashing. Xiumin runs a hand through his previously styled hair, a smart smirk making his eyes look feline. Chen knows that look and his stomach squirms in anticipation.

“Hello” he says quietly, but one second and one step later, Chen’s lips are suddenly occupied. Xiumin’s lips are soft and they fit against his with practiced ease. He smells of night breeze and fainted cologne, as Chen’s fingers dance over his broad shoulders and hook behind his neck, bringing him closer. Xiumin wraps a secure arm around Chen’s waist and guides him inside, closing the door with his other hand, and suddenly, Chen finds himself spinning for a moment before he is pressed against the closed door.

He welcomes the game with a smile and kisses back with more fervor. Xiumin’s lips taste of red wine and sweetness when Chen nibbles on them, making Xiumin gasp. He wonders idly where his boyfriend had been before, but the fact that he is here now matters more. He ravishes his boyfriend’s lips and lets himself be ravished. He feels warm fingers pressing against his hips and Chen presses back ever so slightly; he gasps loudly when Xiumin presses harder, pinning him flat against the door. Xiumin is quick to invade his mouth, his tongue hot and demanding and curling in all the right ways, making Chen’s insides whirl and spark. He leans against Xiumin, weaving his fingers in his hair, his back arching off the hard surface behind him when he feels Xiumin’s hand sneaking under his t-shirt, blunt nails grazing his abdomen. He pulls back a little, riling his excitement and panting for breath. Xiumin whimpers and starts kissing down his neck, his tongue working magic on his veins and under his ear, and Chen looks up to give him more skin to work with –and to thank whatever stars out there ushered Xiumin to his doorstep tonight.

“Someone’s excited” he breathes out with a trembling chuckle. Xiumin’s fingers are pressing and caressing against the bare skin over Chen’s ribs and all he wants to do is melt in a puddle of pleasure right then and there. They most definitely have had their moments, but he’s never been greeted so enthusiastically before, and this time it’s escalating quickly. Xiumin gives one last noisy kiss to his throat before he looks up at him, smirking in an illegal way.

“Only because you’ve missed me”

“It’s nice to see you” Chen admits with a pretended thoughtful hum before pecking Xiumin’s lips once and dislodging himself from the tight space between Xiumin and the door. It’s as if that short kiss breaks the spell and the burning passion leaves behind a comfortable, domestic warmth. As much as he loved the intimacy, he’s curious for the reason behind this visit too –he can always recreate the intimate part later. Xiumin lets him slide away and follows him to the kitchen. “I’ll get you some water. Have you had dinner?” he calls on the way. A look over the open fridge’s door informs him that Xiumin has had dinner, because the elder nods with a small smile. “So, to what do I owe the pleasure?” he asks with a smile, offering a glass of cold water.

“I have news for you” Xiumin says quietly, accepting the glass and leaning in to steal a peck from Chen’s lips unexpectedly. He is in such a good mood today…Chen smiles –definitely not blushing, nope– and Xiumin nods to the living room. “Let’s go sit down” This time, Chen follows him to the living area, plopping down in the couch and biting his mischievous smile when he gets a nice view of Xiumin bent over to pet the little puppy. “Hi, girl” he coos, and the puppy whimpers sleepily, almost snoozing on her pillow.

“Good news or bad news?” he asks curiously when Xiumin takes a seat beside him, but not uncomfortably close. The blond man tilts his head thoughtfully, gazing at the darkness out the windows for a second before turning to Chen.

“A bit of both. Where do I start?”

“I’ll say good news, just a random pick” Chen waves his hand dismissively. He’s not the type to bother about what news comes first. Xiumin’s lips quirk in a smile at his response.

“Well…” he lowers his eyes, fiddling with his fingers in his lap almost bashfully. Chen’s eyebrows crease with curiosity at the unusual behavior. Xiumin has a small smile on his lips and his ears are slightly pink, but his voice is firm and soft. “From now on, I can spend more time with you. We can have breakfasts together and decent dinners sometimes. I can even spend entire nights with you, whenever you want me to”

Admittedly, that is good news. More time together means more pleasant feelings and the rest of Xiumin’s offer sounds quite tempting. It means Chen can take him out to breakfast without feeling guilty because he looks run-over by a heard of bulls after a long night at the club, and they can have dinner plans with actual reservations after six in the evening; he can even take him to social functions as his official boyfriend at last. They can spend nights together without Xiumin having to wake up to go to the club in the middle of the night, and they can wake up together and spoon in bed without having to get up and stumble through the shower-and-breakfast routine hastily to leave on time on the weekends. Basically, they can do everything they couldn’t do because of Xiumin’s incompatible-to-Chen’s work hours.

“What happened to your job?” Chen asks after a small silence, his tone openly suspicious. Xiumin shrugs, but his eyes are shining too playfully to be nonchalant about it.

“I changed it”

“What? When?” Chen exclaims, flinching so hard in surprise that he practically jumps in his seat. Xiumin stops playing with his fingers, leaning back comfortably, a wide smile spreading on his lips, be it at Chen’s reaction or his rumored good news.

“Today. I signed the papers over diner. You’re looking at the new chef of the Blue Swan” he smiles, proud of himself, and he looks like an accomplished little kid. Chen deadpans.

“No way.”

“Well, I’m considered a nomad chef-” Xiumin starts to explain quickly, but Chen doesn’t let him.

“Oh my god, that’s great!” he squeals, not minding the late hour in the least, and he launches himself across the couch, pouncing on Xiumin. He wraps his arms around his neck and hugs him tightly, exploding with excitement and pride for his boyfriend on the inside. Xiumin had wanted to change his job for a while; not that he didn’t like the club, but he had wanted something closer to his culinary studies. He had been unsure of the change in his lifestyle and paycheck until last time Chen checked, and the latter didn’t want to push him. Sure, it’s important to chase your dreams, but you can’t force someone to feel ready for it. He will always support Xiumin in any decision, because that’s the best he can do. “Congratulations! That’s such a high class restaurant! When did you even apply for the job? Why didn’t you tell me?” he nearly screams his questions with a huge smile on his lips that makes him think his face might break. Xiumin flinches a little, Chen’s voice a bit too close to his ears for comfort, but he hugs Chen back, rubbing his sides comfortingly and urging him to relax before he crushes Xiumin in his hold.

“I wanted to surprise you” he says softly with a smile just as mellow, but Chen can feel his heart beating wildly in his chest as he is pressed against him. Chen pulls back a bit to look at him, his smile growing more gentle. He caresses the side of Xiumin’s cheek fondly, smiling so close to him that he can feel the happiness radiating off of him like a gentle glow.

“It worked; I’m so proud of you” he whispers, looking deep inside Xiumin’s feline eyes, which return the look. He has to lean down only a little to connect their lips and Xiumin is already expecting it. He is greeted with pliant lips and two soft hands circling his waist and sneaking under his shirt to press flat against the small of his back; the contact makes him shiver. He surrenders without a hitch when the lips under his become eager and the hands slide on his skin and push him on his back. It’s painfully clear where this is going, so Chen sprawls himself on the cushions invitingly, smiling triumphantly into their heated kiss when Xiumin groans and invades his mouth; it’s nice to know he is the one making his boyfriend bothered like this. They kiss for an indefinite amount of time, sweet brushes of lips and rough tugs of teeth, roaming hands on clothes and skin; it makes him feel more want and more wanted, lighting a fire in his core, and the fire’s flames spread under his skin, making him shiver and pant and whimper and sigh. Chen pulls back halfheartedly, with a sudden realization, but that doesn’t deter Xiumin from moving his lips to his jaw and neck, biting on the skin and making Chen whine when he opens his lips before he speaks as he had originally intended. “Wait, wait; what’s the bad news?” he breathes out.

“Sohee will come by to pick up Cookie tomorrow” Xiumin mumbles in between kisses, as if it doesn’t matter anymore. It really doesn’t. Chen cranes his neck to look at the sleeping puppy, that looks like it has melted on the pillow and spilling on the sides, snoring softly, ignorant of the humans’ antics in the room. Baekhyun would chide Chen so hard if he knew what he’s doing in the presence of an innocent puppy. He makes a mental note while he still has the coherency to do so –not for long, if Xiumin keeps doing that thing against his collarbone– to take this party to the bedroom before he becomes too loud to be ignored by the sleeping puppy.

“Just don’t mention her in front of Baekhyun” he decides in the end, relaxing back into the couch and playing with Xiumin’s hair to get his attention. Xiumin looks up, his lips slightly swollen and his pupils blown –dear cupid, please. Chen smiles a little, his fingers still weaving through Xiumin’s blond locks. “Are you staying here tonight?” he asks quietly, even though he can imagine the answer. Xiumin grins and relaxes, resting all his weight against Chen comfortably, causing the latter to lose his breath a little.

“Well, it’s pretty late; what if angry bears have come down from the mountains to eat me on my way home?” he teases, blinking innocently at him. Chen chuckles and Xiumin joins him with a stolen kiss on his clavicle. Mountain bears; he never seizes to surprise me. When Chen calms down, he can feel Xiumin’s hand caressing up and down his waist and hip, and his breath catches a little, a shiver spreading on his skin like wildfire. Xiumin lifts himself just enough to hover over him but it doesn’t get any easier for Chen to breathe, with those smart, sharp eyes looking so smoldering as they stare down at him, cloudy with promises. “I can’t say no when you let me have you like this, Dae…” he sighs against Chen’s lips before kissing him again and Chen growls with just how good everything feels. Xiumin can have him tonight, since he has set the mood so nicely and Chen wants Xiumin to have him so bad, but maybe they can switch tomorrow morning, because Chen definitely wants to have Xiumin too, to congratulate him in a special way for his new job…

“Hmm, good” he mumbles breathlessly when they pull apart for breath. He wraps his legs around Xiumin’s waist playfully, smirking cheekily at his also smiling boyfriend. “Because I really have missed you”

--

Kyungsoo sips on his drink, mild alcoholic taste mixing with something spicy. The music is loud and bright lights are swirling everywhere, even though they don’t seem to manage to disperse the dark entirely; they cut the darkness in bright beams, slipping in between the dancing bodies on the dance floor and occasionally illuminating laughing patrons. It’s not very late but the club is almost packed, with barely enough space left to move around. There are some people lingering by the bar, but most people are on the dance floor by now, forfeiting their drinks for a dance with a pretty stranger. On their side of the bar, things are livelier and more familiar.

Today they are celebrating Kyungsoo and Kai’s cohabitation. They treat is as any other night out with friends, not mentioning anything about the impending change of Kyungsoo’s home address, but everyone seems to have silently agreed that the aforementioned change is the purpose of tonight’s gathering. It was Kai’s idea, and Kyungsoo minds it even less by the minute, because when he thinks about officially sharing his everyday life with Kai, which is about to start in the following days –much too soon, if you ask Kyungsoo– he really feels like he needs the distraction. All the packing they have been doing has helped him to slowly accept the truth of moving in with Kai, but it feels different when he is facing that truth through their friends’ eyes.

All their friends know by now and they have congratulated Kyungsoo on separate occasions, as if this insane relationship level he is about to jump into underprepared is not one of the craziest, most foolish things he’s done in his life. It’s like congratulating a man for wanting to jump off a cliff. Thankfully, they keep their thoughts to themselves for tonight, because even though all the comments they’d make on the subject would be joyful and encouraging, they wouldn’t be any reassuring. They seem to realize Kyungsoo’s frantic inner thoughts of his future with Kai, and they willingly ease Kyungsoo’s stiffness, whenever his private thoughts turn frantic. The loud music, the taste of his drink, sharing a laugh with his friends and Kai’s lingering touches of subtle comfort prove to be great help in those moments.

Their company is incomplete, still missing Chanyeol and Xiumin, who both got held up at work and they’ll be arriving together soon, according to Chen’s information; Chen and Baekhyun are obviously each other’s date until their beaus arrive. It’s a pity Lay and Suho couldn’t attend at all, because Suho is travelling abroad and Lay had promised him a skype date for tonight. However, the mood is still very festive around Kyungsoo and he feels grateful for his friends, coming here to share his excitement, his worries and his anticipation over something more worthy of celebrations than most things that have happened to him in recent years.

Kai is currently standing behind Kyungsoo’s stool, his hand massaging Kyungsoo’s waist absentmindedly while he is having a conversation with Sehun about video games –of all things two hot young men could be discussing in a club. Kyungsoo, Luhan and Chen have formed a small private circle on their stools, having far more interesting and important things to do; namely, interrogating Baekhyun.

“So, care to finally tell me what you’ve been doing with all those flowers, candles and champagne?” he asks, raising an eyebrow. He let it slide at first and turned a blind eye throughout the week, letting Baekhyun get too tangled in his conspiracy web to escape when Kyungsoo would pull a thread and corner him for an explanation, which he is doing now. What better time to cross-examine your best friend than in the quorum of the best-friend prosecuting committee?

He’s confident he has caught Baekhyun this time; there is no way all those things that were ordered privately last week from their business affiliates –who apparently didn’t know Kyungsoo was not part of the private club and they kept him in the loop, oops– have nothing to do with one of Baekhyun’s secret escapades. Judging from the sort of things Baekhyun asked for, all of them specifically requested to be of the highest quality, Kyungsoo knows his friend did his best in whatever event he clandestinely planned, and he is praying, praying to strawberry meringues on such a deep spiritual level, that Park Chanyeol was involved in those plans.

“Champagne?” Chen whistles in amazement, his eyebrows rising incredulously. It seems Baekhyun has kept his shenanigans secret from everyone else as well. Baekhyun pretends to be deaf and blind to Chen’s reaction, merely shrugging his shoulders and reaching for his mild drink. He keeps his composure to a fault, as if his refined wooing style has not just been exposed. Nobody knows such things about Baekhyun and it makes Kyungsoo want to beg for details. “Byun Baek, well done! Park won’t stand a chance with you by the time you’re through with your plans” Chen winks at him mischievously, and that seems to break Baekhyun’s neutral front, bringing a subtle change in his expression and posture that makes him look less indifferent and more shy. This is what the mere mention of Park Chanyeol can do to him, ladies and gentlemen; isn’t he the cutest thing alive?

“What plans?” he mumbles, pretending to be clueless but very conspicuously staying half hidden behind the rim of his glass. Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at him; he knows what plans they’re talking about all too well. Even Luhan looks suspicious of him and he hasn’t been updated in days because he’s been too busy with Sehun the past week.

“Come on, Baekhyun; I’ve seen the orders. I’ve seen them. You can’t tell me you haven’t planned anything!” he presses, only to receive a challenging, raised eyebrow from Baekhyun. It looks so much more fierce and alluring when his eyes are smoked with a touch of eyeliner. Kyungsoo is sure those girls and a couple of guys from across the bar are suddenly looking more noticeably interested in Baekhyun.

“How do you know I haven’t planned an event for someone else?”

“Because I don’t know anyone else who wants to woo –hmm say– Park Chanyeol” Kyungsoo deadpans, unwilling to surrender that easily; Baekhyun is a sneaky puppy but he can’t hide his puppy crush, and Kyungsoo will take him up on that. Baekhyun huffs in mock offence so Kyungsoo changes his approach, before Baekhyun stubbornly refuses to share any details of his rainbow life. “Please, it’s been right under my nose and I haven’t gotten the scoop in days! I feel so left out!” he pleads, hoping to soften Baekhyun’s heart.

“Tell me about it!” Luhan joins in the argument, looking too cute when pouting for someone his age. “At least you get to see him at work; I have to wait around for something like this to happen to see him!”

“Guys, please.” Chen comes to the rescue, throwing one arm over Baekhyun’s shoulders protectively. Baekhyun seems confused by the gesture and he looks at Chen’s unreadable expression with well deserved suspicion. When Chen’s motives are obscure, you’d better prepare yourself. “Baek is busy being in love, can’t you see?” he finishes loudly, a teasing smile spreading on his lips. Baekhyun’s eyes widen and his ears turn pink, the picture of mortification. Luhan coos at him and Kyungsoo chuckles.

“Oh god, don’t” Baekhyun groans in embarrassment, covering his face with both hands. It only makes his friends burst into laughter, drawing Kai’s and Sehun’s curious attention. They are clearly not done with Baekhyun yet, but a deep voice interrupts them.

“Hello, everyone!” Chanyeol appears just in time to save Baekhyun from endless teasing, and the latter feels so relieved, you can spell it on his face. He looks like he wants to run to the taller for comfort, but he doesn’t have to after all, because Chanyeol comes closer and coincidentally stands right behind Baekhyun. He gives everyone a big smile just as Xiumin pops up from somewhere behind him, greeting everyone as well. “Sorry we’re late; there was so much traffic outside”

“Hello gorgeous” Chen pulls Xiumin closer, wrapping a possessive arm around his waist and pecking his cheek casually. Xiumin returns a quiet ‘hi’ and a childish smile. Kyungsoo thinks he will never get used to the fact that those two are a couple; they do it so naturally it’s unnatural.

They chat for a while, ordering more drinks for the newcomers and complaining about the unrelenting traffic outside. Chanyeol’s light choice of drink doesn’t go unnoticed by Kyungsoo, who is certain somehow that the tall man is planning on talking Baekhyun home later, and brilliant romantic scenarios –some more steamy than others– start unraveling in his head. He doesn’t miss the brilliant grin Baekhyun sends Chanyeol’s way when the taller mumbles something irrelevant to him, or the way Chanyeol leans over Baekhyun to order without either of them flinching, in spite of the personal space intrusion.

They have to be together.

Kyungsoo can smell it on them.

“So.” he announces, openly staring at both of them and not caring to hide his suspicion. Even though he spoke one word in the middle of the buzzing noise and music inside the club, everyone around seems to sharply focus all of a sudden, gathering close to listen. Chanyeol and Baekhyun look at all their friends in slight confusion, sporting an adorable deer-caught-in-headlights look. “You have good news for us, don’t you” he continues in a confident tone. It’s not a question. It’s not.

A silent moment passes and nothing changes, except for the electricity that gathers too quickly around them and it bursts in a flurry of words.

“I will personally see you hanged upside down if you say no!” Kai threatens, pointing an accusing finger at Chanyeol. Kyungsoo nods approvingly at the threat; he’s rubbing off on his boyfriend. Then Kai starts wagging his finger like a chastising mother –well, there are limits to how much murderous awesomeness someone can rub off on someone else, when the latter doesn’t even grasp the concept of decency to its fullest. “I won’t tolerate you playing with this wonderful man’s feelings any longer!” Chanyeol cracks an entertained smile at that, but Baekhyun turns three shades redder.

“Hyung, it’s written all over their faces” Sehun observes from the back, tiptoeing for a better view and chuckling benevolently “Look at them glowing!” Xiumin nods in agreement and Baekhyun doesn’t even try to deny it anymore, only covering his cheeks in embarrassment. He looks like a lost puppy who wants to cry and disappear, but in the same time, he looks like a prettily blooming flower in the middle of their circle of friends.

“Well, I see someone who is definitely glowing…” Chen teases with a naughty smile, nudging Kyungsoo conspiratorially with his elbow. Baekhyun is positively glowing with a mixture of happiness and embarrassment, his eyes twinkling shyly. Chanyeol, on the other hand, is clearly shining with happiness even behind his bitten smile, his attempts at hiding it failing, like the sun that cannot hide behind thin, cotton clouds.

“I know he’s useless, but that’s okay sometimes” Luhan sounds like he’s trying to offer some comfort, but it’s honestly not working. Chanyeol quirks an eyebrow, unsure of whether he should be offended or not, and Baekhyun looks at Luhan in bewilderment, because whoever thinks it’s reassuring that his possibly boyfriend is useless? How much has Luhan drunk tonight? Kyungsoo is sure it wasn’t nearly enough for him to stop making sense. Luhan smiles widely and hops on his heels excitedly. “Baekkie-boo, say you’re together already!” he exclaims, throwing his arms in the air. Sehun takes this as his cue to intervene, gathering Luhan in his arms and caging him there to avoid any further displays of excitement.

“Chanyeol, please tell me this koala is no longer single!” Chen exclaims with a wide smile, showcasing Baekhyun with both hands. Baekhyun looks at all of them with that accusing, complaining, mortified look, which means ‘you’re all very embarrassing, why do I even love you’. Kyungsoo smiles at him, as if to answer ‘because you do’. Baekhyun’s feral gaze softens after they cross gazes, and he leans back on Chanyeol a bit, searching for comfort. Kyungsoo is so sure of the answer now, and he squeezes Kai’s arms, which are crossed on his front. Kai doesn’t even complain about the pain; instead, he draws Kyungsoo closer to his chest.

Another silent moment passes and nothing changes, except for everyone’s anticipation transforming to the certainty of a joyful conclusion.

“He’s not.” Chanyeol answers steadily, his smile sparkling brilliantly on his face with such profound happiness that almost brings Kyungsoo to tears. Chanyeol hugs Baekhyun from behind, his arms weaving around Baekhyun’s front and engulfing him perfectly in Chanyeol’s chest –Kyungsoo swears he hasn’t seen his friend looking happier. Baekhyun lets his hands fall from his face to secure Chanyeol’s arms around him, a timid grin appearing on his lips. It all happens so fluidly that it takes only seconds for the Chanyeol and Baekhyun they know to be back-hugging in public. What is life? “Baekhyunnie is mine~!” Chanyeol singsongs, shyly hiding his face close to Baekhyun’s neck in an endearing way.

“And I got myself a Park Chanyeol!” Baekhyun announces, in a voice which is both very playful and confident, as if he’s throwing away all reserve and he’s breathing in for the first time in forever, liberated. Cheers louder than the music erupt among them, because finally, finally those two are together! Kyungsoo feels like he will explode from the fulfilling fireworks of joy he feels inside him! Baekhyun smiles widely with pink cheeks and shimmering eyes when everyone unanimously cheers, going so far as to cheer along a bit. Kyungsoo had expected their responses reversed, to be honest, Baekhyun usually being more shy and Chanyeol more bold in their reactions, but it seems those two will never seize to surprise them. It’s not like anyone is complaining! Chanyeol hides his face in Baekhyun’s neck bashfully and Baekhyun chuckles, overflowing with happiness. “As is obvious…” he says more gently, rubbing Chanyeol’s forearm soothingly, in a subtle gesture of reassurance.

Oh god, Kyungsoo wants to punch them so hard right now.

“Remove yourself from my friend.” He orders in a cold voice, hopping down from his stool and looking at them expressionlessly. Kai freezes behind him and everyone shimmers down their cheers and celebrations, not knowing what to make of Kyungsoo’s reaction. Chanyeol reluctantly lifts his face from Baekhyun’s skin, to look at Kyungsoo with guarded wide eyes, mirroring Baekhyun’s slightly confused and wary expression. When he is far enough from Baekhyun, Kyungsoo pounces on them, grabbing both of them and squishing them in a bear hug, knocking the breath out of both. “Congratulations you guys! I will ship you to eternity!” he exclaims, overjoyed. He will forever and ever be the most fervent supporter of their relationship in this universe and the neighboring one. The rest laugh for some reason and resume their cheering. Baekhyun pats Kyungsoo’s back and appreciatively mumbles ‘thanks, Soo’ in Kyungsoo’s ear, while Chanyeol is struggling to accommodate his height with Kyungsoo’s iron grip on his other side.

“We appreciate your enthusiasm, Kyungsoo, but I’m nearly suffocating here” he chokes. Kai laughs loudly behind Kyungsoo and Baekhyun’s hand vanishes from his back with a chuckle, deeming their moment is over, so Kyungsoo lets him go; but he keeps Chanyeol close for a little longer.

“Just so you know, if you ever dare hurt him, I will end you, Park” he growls into his large ear before releasing him. He glares at the taller seriously with murderous intensions being a clear warning in his eyes, and Chanyeol straightens immediately, couching to regain his breath, but he’s still smiling, in spite of Kyungsoo’s intimidating glower and the near-death tears in his eyes.

“I’d be honored” he accepts Kyungsoo’s threat rather valiantly. Kyungsoo relaxes his stance and smirks; he wouldn’t give his Baekhyun away to anyone less of a man.

“Cutie B, I’m so happy for you~” Luhan jumps in Baekhyun’s arms out of the blue and Kyungsoo takes a step back, giving them space. Baekhyun looks surprised at first but he soon smiles and thanks Luhan, chuckling when Sehun eventually pries his excited blond boyfriend away from Baekhyun. Luhan loses no time to latch on Chanyeol, but Sehun only rolls his eyes and mumbles something to Baekhyun.

“Thank you, Sehunnie” Baekhyun ruffles Sehun’s hair, smiling up at him, but Kyungsoo is more focused on Luhan hugging Chanyeol as if he wants to crush him with intent.

“How did you manage to get cutie pie B will forever be a mystery to me, but good job, you’re not completely dumb after all…” he says, and then he leans closer, something in his eyes gleaming dangerously and making him look scary, especially combined with his still smiling lips. “I will ruin you slowly and painfully, I will destroy everything you love and hurt you beyond repair if you ever hurt him” he hisses. Of course Kyungsoo can always count on Luhan for such matters. Kyungsoo laughs when Chanyeol’s eyes widen, looking down at Luhan and then at Kyungsoo with concern. By that time, Chen has already brought a crimson color to Baekhyun’s cheeks with one of his witty comments, and he moves to Chanyeol, resting a brotherly hand on his shoulder.

“Thank you, Chanyeol, truly.” He says, smiling up at him as always, and Chanyeol smiles back honestly. “But know that I won’t try to stop them” Chen finishes, pointing at Kyungsoo and Luhan nonchalantly before casually returning to Xiumin’s side. Chanyeol’s smile dims slightly with no hope left, but it’s restored within milliseconds when Baekhyun turns to look at him with a relieved smile.

“I’m so proud of you rascals! You’ve grown so much!” Xiumin smiles proudly at Chanyeol and Kai, bringing Kyungsoo’s attention back to his situation. Kai has wrapped an arm around him again, keeping him close in such a way that no one would doubt they are together, and he is smiling wide and perfect, like he is the luckiest man in the world. It’s hard to believe any of this is because of Kyungsoo…but it is. Heart hammering in his chest, Kyungsoo would blush, but he settles on hitting Kai lightly on the arm, just so that he might stop looking so stupidly happy. He doesn’t.

“Honey, your age is showing” Chen playfully pats Xiumin on the shoulder condescendingly, and Xiumin chuckles at the teasing, followed by Chen and Baekhyun. No one among them looks the appropriate age when they’re smiling like this, if you ask Kyungsoo. Kai shifts behind Kyungsoo, but he makes sure he is still supporting the shorter’s back in his new position; it’s small things like this that happen in the most commonplace situations that Kyungsoo notices, and his heart weakens.

“Congrats guys” Kai says behind him, looking at Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Kyungsoo catches a glimpse of a devious smile when he glances up at Kai and he feels confused for a moment, even though he has a feeling he will like where this is going. “And now…” Kai announces grandly, catching everyone’s attention, before he starts chanting “kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss~” Oh, I definitely like where this is going.

“What?!” Baekhyun yelps in surprise, his eyes growing round and his cheeks gaining a faint blush; Chanyeol looks just as scandalized beside him.

To answer him, everyone starts chanting ‘kiss, kiss, kiss’ alongside Kai, incessantly, until their hard work pays off. Chanyeol seems to realize it first, that they won’t stop if the lovebirds won’t do something about the crowd’s demands, and he rolls his eyes at them, making Kai raise an eyebrow; it’s not like they’re asking them to do a chore or something unpleasant, who are they kidding. Chanyeol mumbles something to Baekhyun, his words lost in the enthusiastic chants of the rest. Baekhyun gasps in disbelief and turns to look at his boyfriend –oh my god, boyfriend term applies to Chanyeol now, can you believe it?!– and, after the briefest of seconds of eye contact, Chanyeol swoops in and crushes his lips against Baekhyun’s.

Everyone exclaims loudly, Sehun wolf whistles, Kai and Chen clap and cry out in amazement and if you listen really close, bells chime, the doors of heaven swing open and angels’ songs come pouring out, and Kyungsoo is dying somewhere in the distance, because holly freaking sunflowers, this is really happening, like, right in front of his sparkly wide eyes!

The kiss they are witnessing is very chaste and adorably clumsy, lips pressed against lips and noses bumping. Kyungsoo will take what he can –even a picture, secretly– but he certainly hopes those two can do better in their private time, because not even five-year-olds kiss this awkwardly. Chanyeol’s hands resting just right on Baekhyun’s curvy hips allow Kyungsoo to hope and daydream of more intimate kisses. Even Baekhyun giggles behind his closed lips at how ridiculously graceless this kiss ended up being, but he doesn’t pull away, his hands covering Chanyeol’s red ears endearingly in response. Chanyeol pulls away first after a few short seconds, pecking Baekhyun’s cheek and smiling at everyone like he has conquered the world. Baekhyun bites his smiling lips shyly –those same lips Chanyeol had been kissing a moment ago-

Kyungsoo growls and swivels his stool around, face-planting in Kai’s firm chest to hide and shut out the rest of the world, using Kai as his protective shield; he needs a few moments to calm down or he might murder someone for being too cute. Whatever did he do in his previous life to be graced and cursed simultaneously with such friends? Kai recognizes the fanboying spazzing crisis, and he laughs, rubbing Kyungsoo’s back soothingly and reassuring everyone that Kyungsoo will be fine.

His boyfriend knows him well.

--

Chanyeol drives in mostly empty streets, unhurriedly, city streetlights shining brightly on the sides; he feels like such an accomplished boyfriend to be taking Baekhyun home. A comfortable silence has settled in the car between them, who are both too tired and a little lazy for late-night discussions, after all the energy they exerted while having fun at the noisy club, to celebrate for their friends who will soon be moving in together. Tonight has been a long night, their first night out with friends as an official couple. Their friends received the news quite enthusiastically –maybe more so than it would be appropriate even, but it’s their friends we’re talking about…Chanyeol kept getting death threats for some reason, but Baekhyun seemed genuinely happy and content, making every second worth it.

Chanyeol had expected Baekhyun to be shy, blushing and timid tonight, worried about their image in their friends’ eyes and apprehensive of showing their young relationship, but Baekhyun was nothing of the sort. He was absolutely confident to be with Chanyeol, and cute at moments when he seemed to be proud of him, generally leading most of their skinship and interactions, even making Chanyeol himself blush sometimes –which he most definitely did not expect. Baekhyun kept their couple gestures comfortable, discreet and casual while they were among their friends –much to Kyungsoo’s frustration–, with unnoticed, subtle touches; even those small signs of affection, however, made Chanyeol’s heart flutter without fail. Needless to say, Chanyeol nearly combusted when Baekhyun did away with his reserve, when just the two of them were cooped up on the dance floor, and he danced with Chanyeol, so close and seductive, like a tempting devil from heaven; Chanyeol is sure he will dream of coaled eyesmiles and sinful hips tonight.

Baekhyun is currently sitting in the passenger seat comfortably, gazing out the window or watching the road ahead at times. His posture is not perfect, his shoulders slouching a bit with tiredness, but he seems relaxed. He has his left leg bent on the seat, his ankle trapped under the knee of his other leg, exposing the inseam of his black jeans, pulled taught over his inner thigh. It takes Chanyeol a lot of effort not to stare or touch, especially when the memory of Baekhyun’s body dancing in his arms is still thrumming under Chanyeol’s fingertips. His skinny jeans have many rips all the way from his mid-thigh and downwards, the parallel, frayed lines exposing bits of silky white skin from all over his legs. It leaves little to the imagination, and Chanyeol has entertained the thought more than once tonight, what might happen if he weaved his fingers in between the rips to feel the tender skin against his fingers. It is such forbidden thoughts that have Chanyeol biting his cheek every now and then, his secure grip on the steering wheel growing so tight that his knuckles hurt.

“I didn’t do anything wrong, did I?” Baekhyun asks conversationally, breaking the silence out of the blue, so naturally that you’d think they had already been having a conversation. Chanyeol frowns in confusion, taking a moment to try and guess what Baekhyun might be referring to. For all Chanyeol can recall, Baekhyun has been a perfect gentleman to him so far.

“You mean, tonight?” he ends up asking clueless; excuse him, but Chanyeol thinks it’s pretty hard to stay focused when it’s two am and Baekhyun is looking at you with those perfectly smoked eyes. Baekhyun glances at the road ahead and then looks down at his lap, playing with his fingers, the first signs of nervousness.

“No, I mean…” he mumbles, and Chanyeol wishes he didn’t have to drive so that he could catch every tiny change on Baekhyun’s expression, which seems more concerned every time Chanyeol checks. Baekhyun blinks a shy glance his way before dedicating his eyes to his hands again. “…when we went for a picnic” he explains quietly, voice small and vulnerable for an unfathomable reason. Chanyeol flinches at the unexpected mention of their precious date.

“Why would you think you did anything wrong, Baek?” he questions, eyebrows raised in disbelief and eyes wide, a little frantic. Did Chanyeol do anything stupid to make Baekhyun believe that night was anything less than perfect? Because he does get his inhumanly dumb moments, but oh god, if he did, he won’t forgive himself, ever. “It was one of the best nights of my life!” he takes his eyes off the road for a full moment to look at Baekhyun sincerely. Chanyeol will remember and cherish that night for the rest of his life. Baekhyun glances at him with the corner of his eye, his glossy pink lips pouting.

“But you…you stopped kissing me.” he complains, biting his pouty lower lip, his shoulders deflating. He looks so dejected and disappointed, that Chanyeol inwardly screams in frustration for being technically unable to hug the living daylights out of him right now. Another part of Chanyeol, however, is reeling at the revelation; Baekhyun thinks he did something wrong because Chanyeol stopped kissing him?! Holy unicorns, how adorable can he get? Am I really living this? Baekhyun frowns stubbornly and starts protesting cutely. “I know I’m still not very good at it, but…I still want to kiss you. A lot.” his voice has turned into a timid mumble again by the end of his declaration, which does strange things to Chanyeol’s insides. Chanyeol swallows a groan at the implications of kissing a lot, focusing on how otherworldly Baekhyun can be at times instead.

“And I want to kiss you too much, that’s why I pulled away” he refutes, trying to find a way to explain. How can he tell to the sweetest creature he knows that sometimes he kind of wants to capture him and eat him up, kiss him till he’s breathless and touch him until he begs, make him scream and cry in satisfaction, pleasure him to tears, dismantle him in lust and wreck him thoroughly in sighs and whimpers, and then put him back together? “Baek, you don’t realize what you’re doing to me, but I do. And I don’t want to scare you” he ends up saying softly, eyes apologetic for being unable to express properly not even half of what he wants to say. Baekhyun’s eyes widen and he lurches upright in his seat, looking up at Chanyeol sincerely.

“I won’t get scared” he insists, shaking his head cutely in his effort to be convincing. His eyes sparkle even more prominently in the dim lights, with the dark rims of eyeliner; Chanyeol’s heart flips at the sight. Chanyeol takes a breath, searching for a way to say this, but the words he is looking for are still missing, so he remains silent and hesitant. He is practically offering himself to me, how am I supposed to deal with that? Baekhyun relaxes in his seat quietly and his face softens into calm lines, natural pout and thoughtful eyes, looking oh so lovely and ethereal at the same time. “Trust me a little more, please?” he suggests softly. Chanyeol cannot find any strength to resist him.

“But you will tell me immediately if I ever make you uncomfortable” he relents anxiously, eyebrows frowning pleadingly and lips pouting. The desperate request flies over Baekhyun’s head, but the smaller lights up and that’s something at least.

“So you’ll kiss me like that again?” he chirps happily, jumping cutely in his seat in excitement. Chanyeol purses his lips and blushes slightly, because Baekhyun’s reactions inadvertently make him feel so wanted, it’s embarrassing. He can’t believe they are having this conversation. Chanyeol chuckles, purposely dispersing the awkwardness inside him; he doesn’t want to ruin this trust between them. It’s a strange conversation to be having with your boyfriend of one week, but he likes the fact that they can be so honest and open about their concerns with each other.

“Of course I will, Baek. You’re quite kissable you know” he adds, almost as an afterthought, and he is graced with a big grin and slightly blushing cheeks that are visible even in the faint lights. Chanyeol smiles back widely, feeling his heart doing pirouettes when he meets gazes with those bright eyesmiles, looking sharp and defined in seductive shadows. He drives in silence after that, both of them being comfortable with the change. Baekhyun goes back to gazing out the window, only now he looks more carefree, his lips smiling occasionally and his eyes overflowing with sparkles. Chanyeol might get a nosebleed if he stares too much. When they stop at a red light, Chanyeol gets a sudden idea, an impulse brought about by the words they have exchanged in the car, and leans over the space between them while Baekhyun is still looking out the window obliviously. Oh my, that cologne he is wearing behind his ears tonight is making Chanyeol squirm.

“Hey Baek!” he calls and Baekhyun turns to him immediately, slightly startled by the sudden call. His eyes widen in surprise when he finds Chanyeol so close that their noses are almost bumping. Chanyeol grins mischievously, crossing the remaining centimeters of breathing space between them and kissing him square on the lips. It’s infinitely better than the awkward lip-smack they shared in front of their friends. Baekhyun resists, uncertain for a moment, before he presses back playfully with his soft lips. They kiss for only a few seconds before they break apart, eyes shiny and lips smiling, hearts beating loudly like a musical symphony in the silence. Chanyeol starts driving again and Baekhyun melts in his seat.

“What was that for, Mr. Boyfriend?” he chuckles, throwing his head back lazily, exposing that long, milky neck which disappears under the collar of his black shirt. And, even in the dim lighting, with tussled hair, droopy tired eyes, smudged on the edges, lips kissed and smirking slightly, temptingly fair skin and tight, curvy body lines, Baekhyun is so magical, so heavenly in Chanyeol’s eyes. Chanyeol needs to tell him that –and perhaps properly explain to him exactly what it makes him feel sometime, preferably by showing him, with slow, intimate details.

“You look amazing tonight”

--

Kyungsoo kills the engine after parking his car on the side of the road. It took him ten minutes to park the car, and before that another twenty to find a parking spot. The things he does for his boyfriend…Kai has reserved parking space in the basement of the building, of course, but only for one car –and even though he insisted that he should give it to Kyungsoo, the latter is not completely crazy and he is not willing to leave Kai’s expensive and luxurious car on the street night after night. It costs more than five times his car and he’d rather not have any possible damages on his conscience.

Well, parking the car is going to be another problem in his everyday life from now on, but that’s okay, because Kyungsoo is more worried about other problems that might come up with time.

His eyes travel to the passenger’s seat, where there is the last of his moving carton boxes. Oh boy, this is really happening after all, isn’t it? He cannot believe that he agreed to move in with Kai, and even more unbelievable is the fact that most of his stuff has been already transferred to Kai’s apartment –their apartment. It took them one day and four trips back and forth, and now, all the important things have been relocated. Kyungsoo will be keeping his old apartment –just in case, and since Kai is fine with it– but only the furniture and a few useless things that he might throw away someday are left behind. A small smile creeps on his lips.

Kyungsoo is really going to be living with another person now. It sounds surreal. If someone had told him that this day would come a few months ago, Kyungsoo would have laughed in their face and told them to go check their brain. But here he is. He will be living with Kai, the hottest and most adorable idiot on the planet. And he is not even scared.

Okay, he is a little bit scared –because he has never done something like this before, or something this official in any relationship, and, hello? it’s still Kyungsoo we’re talking about, with the entire troubled package– but he doesn’t mind. He trusts Kai and, if Kai promises so, Kyungsoo is confident that they will make many more good than bad memories together from now on. Kyungsoo trusts people now and he is so proud of himself.

And he really has to go upstairs now or Kai will come down to get him, and the neighbors are already a bit less than friendly to Kyungsoo, because they are both female and have the hots for Kai, so let’s not make this any worse by needless displays of affection in the building. It’s Kyungsoo’s first day as an official tenant after all, he wants to make a good impression. He puts on his sunglasses and a smile on his lips.

Okay. They are really doing this.

A deafening, screeching and crushing metal sound pierces Kyungsoo’s ears and he finds it hideous and horrifying, but he doesn’t have time to get scared or panic or cover his ears. He feels gravity changing and his limbs fly to all directions numbly, like a rag doll, hurting his joints. The light of the world spins and his heart picks up the pace, feeling a stab of pain in his body. Everything is too fast and yet frozen; and then he blacks out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n. *peeks behind a mountain of strawberry ice cream* Hello my lovely people! I hope you’re all still alive and well after the bit of angst, the fluff bombs and that cliffhanger at the end^^ I know you’ve been expecting this chapter, but I purposely delayed it, because I’ll be going on vacation soon (yey!) and the next update will probably be later than usual (but it will come within the next month for sure, don’t worry)! I hope this chapter will keep your feels sated by then hehe

Like many of you had guessed correctly, Luhan doesn’t have a happy past; his family shunned him very aggressively when he still needed them and he had to survive on his own. He felt betrayed, always on edge and trying to keep his life stable and safe. It also left him feeling impure and unworthy, denying his good qualities to himself, until Sehun happened in his life, making him see himself more clearly^^

As promised, baekyeol is living the dream~ the kissing has started ;) I love writing rainbows about them, like their picnic (Baek is an event planner after all, and I needed something to match Chanyeol’s dinner at home) ^ν^ I find something very sweet in stolen moments of affection *-* And I just love writing about Baekhyun as the prince charming in their relationship! ^ω^ that way they can both enjoy royal treatment! It’s also an important point how they’re always honest with each other (even talking about kissing a lot O.O) lust levels are going up hihihi

For kaisoo, we’ll see what happened on the next chapter –it’s not the end of the world in any case, so don’t fret, my pretty loves^^ That midnight conversation though…such domestic feels~ Always be patient and kind to the ones you love! There was also a Xiuchen relationship update in this chapter for your entertainment; I hope you enjoyed it ;)

Until next time, stay cool and healthy, enjoy summertime with friends and pets, and try to survive the exordium fancams (our boys are amazing entertainers, seriously)! I’ll be receiving your love from the beach, plotting more fluffiness for you! I LOVE YOU HEAPS! kitty~