Hands tied

Heartless

Like the CEO had asked of them, JYJ visited the groups of trainees on a weekly basis. Each of them would rotate around between female trainees and male trainees. They taught them the things they know and refined the trainee's specialties. It surprised them to see a majority of them having a passion for acting. Although they were able to meet the trainees and learn their names, not one of the members had seen the black sheep they were told of. The certain black sheep hasn't made any appearances during the practices times. They were imagining scenarios of the black sheep messing up every practice, but every single trainee was up to par. Even though she is still a mystery to JYJ, she was popular amongst the staff. JYJ haven't been able to catch the famed trainee's name, though they were able to know every detail of what she has done to make her well known.

 

"She's polite, but half the time she speaks are very blunt and may come off as rude."

 

"There's rumors that she's taking on mutiple jobs at night and there's even horrible rumors that she's a deliquent."

 

"I don't like that kid. You tell her to do one thing, she does the opposite, but sometimes what she does is better and the CEO praise her for that. I don't get it."

 

They had tried to bring up her name, but whenever they did, the staff had to abruptly stop the conversation to continue their work. Apparently, all the staff are frustrated and stressed over the trainees. If the CEO picked enough people, they're the next group to debut. JYJ could of asked the trainees directly, but they didn't want to single out the girl completely.

 

Jaejoong, it's your turn to go to the female trainees, right?” Yoochun asked as they were both on their way to different studios. Yoochun had come from a casting offer while Jaejoong just came from a coffee shop.

 

It is, why?” He asked, furrowing his eyes. He took a sip of his warm coffee and eyed the man suspiciously.

 

I talked to Mr. Chang earlier. He said he's going to come by the studios to announce the elimination challenge.”

 

Oh, I see I bet the trainees are stressing out.” Jaejoong sighed with a hand on his hip. He had a feeling the girls would start freaking out.

 

That means our mystery girl will appear.” Yoochun winked. “All because of the appearance of Mr. Chang. He'll probably have his eyes on her as he speaks.

 

They stopped at the end of the hallway and waved goodbye before going to their respective studios. As soon as Jaejoong walked into his studio, a short man with black hair that had specs of gray showing was blocking the doorway. He wore a tight fitting suit that seemed to suffocate him and his rather large pot belly.

 

Oh, Jaejoong.” Mr. Chang turned around. Jaejoong quickly grasped the tense atmosphere and greeted the man while his eyes were on the trainees. Some girls were devastated and some had determination written on their faces. “Just broke the news to the girls. Remember to give it your best and I'll come by once a week to check on your progress before the end of the month.” He said and gave Jaejoong a pat on the back. “Have fun.”

 

Jaejoong faked a smile, realizing he missed the news. He bowed to the gentle man and held the door open. “Have a good day.” He said and the man walked out. The words of what the CEO had said about their deal grabbed his attention and he followed after Mr. Chang. He caught up to the man just before the elevator doors closed. “Mr. Chang!” He called out and the doors were wide open.

 

Yes?” The man poked his head out.

 

About the trainee.. The black sheep.” Jaejoong cleared his throat and regained his posture.

 

Mr. Chang laughed and glanced at his clipboard, “Minji, right? Yong Minji.. She won't stand a chance. It's a group performance after all. I specifically placed her in a group.”

 

But, why would you do that?” He asked while having the image of the sweet quiet girl in his mind. Even though she didn't stand out as much, her mysterious presence stood out alone.

 

She lost her dream. It's as if she doesn't want to be here. She's not even trying as hard as the others. Honestly, everyone including myself really admired her voice when she came, but after all the training,  she's not capable to be a singer. She didn't improve at all.” He sighed with a shrug. “At least make it fun for her okay?” He smiled and the door shuts.

 

Jaejoong stood there in awe, watching the floor numbers go down. He couldn't accept what had just came out of the top talent scouter's mouth. It reminded him of his own trainee days when he was constantly told he wasn't good enough. His similarities with Minji just made him want to help the girl even more. He repeated her name aloud and raced back to the studio. He pulled the door open and the first things his eyes laid on was all the girls huddled together. He curiously walked over to see what they were dong and peeked over one of the shorter girls.

 

Got it, black sheep? You better practice your off or you're dead. We don't want to be eliminated because of you.” A girl spoke out rather harshly. Jaejoong immediately recognized the bully with ease and stepped into the circle to break up the scuffle. While in the middle of pulling girls away, Minji spoke up. He paused and looked at her.

 

Don't worry.” Minji smirked and grabbed her things that were off to the side by the mirrored wall. “I'll make sure your position here won't be taken away. Should I wipe your spot for you too?" She asked with a vulgar attitude. The bully lashed out at her and grabbed her by the collar.

 

What did you say? Say it again. I didn't hear you quite well.” She threatened.

 

Okay, you're going too far, Junhee. Both of you beak it up.” Jaejoong stepped in fully pulled the girl back. He got in between the two and moved them away within arms length. He faced Junhee with a frown and blocked Minji's view of the girl completely. “The words you used are no fit for a debuting idol and your aggressive actions are no better.” He scolded and Junhee reluctantly looked down. “You'll sit out for this practice and you have to write a letter telling me why you wanted to be where you are now.” He turned to scold Minji, but she was already out the door.

 

~-~-~

 

What?! So she just left the practice?” Junsu exclaimed with bits of instant noodles flying out of his mouth. Jaejoong gave him a look which made Yoochun laugh. They were visiting Jaejoong's home and sitting down for a late night snack.

 

Yeah. By the time I went after her, she was no where to be found.” Jaejoong sighed and wiped down the table to get ride of Junsu's left overs. “You know what's even better? The girl I managed to scold, her response to my question on why she wanted to become an idol is disappointing.” He walked over to his jacket and pulled out the neatly folded paper from his pocket. He flattened it out for display and his two members crowded around to read.

 

Dear Mr. Kim Jaejoong,

 

I really respect you as my senior and admired you from the very beginning of your debut.

 

Well, I'm here today because I wanted to be recognized by my good looks and talent. Also, I want money. Doesn't everyone want to be rich? It's obvious that because of those things I passed most auditions with high scores. I strive to be the best of the best and I feel like Mr. Baek is wasting his time on the other girls. I'm brutally honest and I don't mind saying it. He's especially wasting his time with the black sheep. She's always last place and seems like she doesn't give a sh... she doesn't care about debuting or not. I don't understand why she's even here. The other girls didn't want to say anything, but just to let you know, she barely even returns to the dorm. I don't mind everyone else. Like I admit they're okay, but the company is better off with me. Don't you think so?

 

Maybe we should sing a duet together sometime <3

 

Yours truly,

Kwon Junhee

 

Wow.” Yoochun gasped and ended up laughing. The letter left him speechless. “This girl is something.”

 

It still surprises me that people expect to get rich fast for being a star.” Jaejoong sat back and shook his head. “Her attitude won't let her stay in this industry for long.”

 

That's really bad for you guys.” Junsu laughed and pointed at the paper. “You guys have to deal with this girl drama. While I can only drop in on the male trainees after my musical schedules.”

 

AH! That's right! You lucky bastard.” Yoochun exclaimed and jabs Junsu's arm. “You have your musical now so you won't be visiting much.”

 

Yup.” Junsu smiled, “The only time I can is in the evenings when the guys are having their night dance practices. So, that means either one of you has to deal with the girls and the guys morning practices.”

 

I CALL THE GUYS!” Yoochun shouted which startled them.

 

W-What? You can't decide that yourself!” Jaejoong shouted back after realizing what was going on. “You can't let me deal with them by myself! Let's share!!”

 

No thanks, but I'll check out the practice tomorrow and you can take the guys. That's all the help I'm giving you.” He laughed. Jaejoong took it anyway though. As long as one person understands how hard it was to understand females.