Ba Ba Bye Black Sheep

Heartless

 “Hey, hey, hey. Is that how a lady should be?” Jaejoong scolded as Minji was in the middle of yawning. He smacked the back of her head lightly and she turned around with confusion. He hooked his arm around her shoulders and she shook him off with annoyance. It bugged her a lot whenever he decided to be affectionate towards her at the company. She was just getting use to his routinely lunch dates with him because she knew she wouldn't be able to decline his offer.

 

Stop that.” She blocked him as he kept trying to put his hand on her. “Stop it.” She shoved him and he stood back in surprise.

 

Okay, okay.” He said in defeat and walked along side her. “How are you feeling?”

 

She rolled her eyes. Is he really going to ask me that question?

 

What ~? “ He teased as he followed her to the practice room. “You must be feeling really nervous right?” He blocked the entrance. She wanted to practice alone before the most important performance in the next hour. “Give me your hand.” He reached for her wrist.

 

What now?” She groaned. He opened her palm and took out the pen in his pocket. He wrote the word 'fear' in the middle of her palm and closed her hand.

 

Now, squeeze it tightly when you're afraid and the feeling with go away.” He smiled, slightly embarrassed of his actions.

 

Are you sure I'm not the kid?” She scoffed and glanced at her palm. He simply waved and left her to practice.

 

~-~

 

Five minutes until you're on stage!” The PD called over the speaker. The girls within Minji's group proceeded towards the stage while Minji stayed behind. She had a disturbing headache while her stomach was in notches.

 

Minji..” Jaejoong appeared in the doorway just in time to catch the girl holding her head. He dressed formally according to the occasion so that he could participate in the audience. She glanced up from the ground to see his worried expression. She ignored the throbbing and went to him.

 

Yes?” She asked and he scanned her up and down.

 

Wow. He thought, seeing her in a simple black dress with lace side cut outs took his breath away. Her hair was loosely curled and her make up was suiting to her dress. Before he could say anything, her eyes went from his face, to a hauntingly familiar one behind him. She gasped and unconsciously stepped back. Her eyes widened at the sight of Wonbin who stood there apologetically.

 

Minji..” Wonbin croaked. Jaejoong patted the man's shoulder and walked out to let them have their time.

 

How are you?” She asked with her head down. Her heart hurt to see him standing there with that look on his face.

 

He smiled weakly and took a good look at her, “Shouldn't I be asking you that now?”

 

I.. have to go on stage.” She bowed and walked around him.

 

That time...” He began, “I sincerely apologize with all my heart. I'm truly sorry for what happened. I shouldn't of done it and I regretted my decision when I got to know you. I realized too late. I hope to take away the pain I caused you... You don't have to forgive me, Minji. I understand.”

 

She sighed with tears glassing her eyes. “Do you think a simple apology will take away that memory? The feelings I've felt?” She swallowed the lump in and walked towards the stage. She wanted to let herself go and sob into her hands, but she had a performance to do. She couldn’t find it within her to forgive the man.

 

Minji ah!” Jaejoong caught her just before she walked onto stage. She turned around with tears threatening to fall. It didn't work out... He frowned.

 

Why did you bring him?” She asked, blinking the tears away. “I don't understand why he's here.”

 

I brought him here so you would do well... You have talent unlike wh.” He admitted, “Forget the memories that are holding you back and just be free.”

 

You won't understand my feelings.” She faced the stage, “You should quit meddling in people's problems when it doesn't concern you. My problem never concerned you in the first place.” She said in the coldest tone he had heard yet.

 

Your problems are my problems. You're my junior.. No. We're friends now. right?”

 

I don't need his apology.” She said, bitterly. “You don't know anything about me so please leave me alone.”

 

Jaejoong stayed back and watched her go on. He didn't know what to say to her because what she said was true. He knew nothing personal about her except the things everyone already knew.

 

~-~

 

You've all done wonderful.” The CEO grinned at Minji's group. Her group had done a cover of JYJ's past group song, 'Magic Castle'. They all did exceedingly well with their own parts; however standing before the CEO and Mr. Chang made them sick to their stomachs. “Don't you think, Mr. Chang? How about everyone else?”

 

The others nodded in response to the man's question. Minji's group was up to their expectation. Unfortunately, all, but one agreed. Mr. Chang scanned his criteria sheet and circled the parts he thought the group was lacking – what Minji was lacking.

 

I enjoyed the performance. You guys were able to do the rendition justice; however.. Minji.” He sighed, “Your expressions weren't there. To put it simple, it seems like you're not even here. The other girls seemed comfortable on stage and was great to watch. You.. You look boring.”

 

I disagree – “ Jaejoong attempted to interrupt, but the man raised his hand to his face. Jaejoong forced himself to look away and hold down his argument.

 

I see where you're coming from, Mr. Chang.” Mr. Baek frowned.

 

Didn't I tell you to do your part perfectly?” Junhee snapped with furious eyes. She yanked Minji around to face her and gritted her teeth. “You're pathetic!”

 

Hey!” Yoochun shouted from the audience, “Enough.”

 

Junhee, watch your words.” Jaejoong shot her a look.

 

The girl scoffed and jabbed her finger into Minji's shoulder. “We're putting our life on the line here and you're only thinking of yourself. Have you forgotten they're making cuts, you stupid girl?”

 

Minji looked down at her feet as Junhee continued to chew her out. I'm done.. I'm really done. Minji thought.

 

What do you have to say for yourself?!” Junhee screamed and slapped Minj across the face. The sound of the after math echoed through the room followed by gasps and shocked looks. Jaejoong jumped to his feet, steaming with anger, but Yoochun held him back. Minji's face stung and her tears welled up in eyes.

 

I quit..” Minji muttered while trying to ignore the pain. She had enough. Her last bit of patience fell through. 

 

Mr. Baek gasped, “What did you say?”

 

I quit.” Minji turned with her head still facing the ground. “Thank you for everything, Mr. Baek. I'm sorry, but I can't continue with this anymore.” She blinked her tears away, but they streamed down to much of her embarrassment. She never liked to cry in front of people. She always felt vulnerable to people watching. She bowed to the audience and returned her mic to the stand. She bowed once more to the other trainees who looked on with guilt in their eyes.

 

Minji!” Jaejoong called out to her even though she walked off without looking back, “Yong Minji!”

 

Wow.” Mr. Baek stared at the stage with disappointment. Seems like the little black sheep ran out of wool. He faked a smile. He glanced over at the expressions the audience and staff had. He had no words to describe how he felt towards them.