Disappointment

Heartless

 “As you already know, I released a statement and all you have to do is not comment on anything. I blurred out the trainee's face so her identity is kept secret. Even though the pictures didn't have a clear picture of her face in the first place. I just wanted to have it as an extra precaution.” Jaejoong walked out of the elevator with his head down. He couldn't shake off the words of Mr. Baek after getting called in for another minor scolding. He truly felt disappointment in himself that he made the CEO worry and have the company protect him. The statement from the company already spread like wild fire through various of gossip sites and news. Their employees had already added that to their routinely rumor talk.

 

The female trainees entered the lobby and walked to board the elevators. They were unaware of Jaejoong's being standing off to the side. He locked eyes with the trainee he spoke to that night. She gasped and looked at him fearfully with guilt in her heart. Minji walked over and was oblivious to the stare down in front of her. She stopped right behind the girl and looked at Jaejoong's face. It only took her a few seconds to piece together what she was seeing.

 

She's the girl. Minji thought with a smirk on her face. She kept her head down to hide the smirk behind her large knitted circle scarf. She entered the elevator without a word with the girl following behind closely.

 

~-~-~

 

Hot chocolate ready!” Minji announced as she was cleaning the latte equipment. She waited for her usual thanks from customers, but no one came to claim the drink. She peeked over the counter at her customers to see the couple in the front already with drinks. They were the only customers she served for the past hour and that are inside. The other she served were to-gos. Did the manager serve someone before he went home? She walked from behind the counter with the hot chocolate in hand. She took one quick glance in the front again before walking around to the back of the cafe. There sat Jaejoong zoned out from thinking about his mistake. He didn't even notice her set the plate down in front of him. It was only then when he smelled the rich chocolate.

 

Oh.” He cupped his drink, “Thanks.”

 

Minji leaned over the table and looked at him closely. “This isn't like you.” She commented before turning to leave. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. “What is it?” She asked, but he didn't say anything. He slid his hand off her wrist and sipped his drink. He shook his head and waved her off back to work.

 

~-~-~

 

You're still here?” Minji asked with plastic container tub by her hip. The gray container was filled with glass cups, plates and other utensils. Jaejoong's upper body slowly raised from it's slumped state and he tiredly faced the girl. He rubbed his eyes and checked his newly purchased watch. He was shocked to see he had slept for two hours. “It's closing time. The manager called me to close three hours early.” She placed the tub on the table and carefully stacked his cup and plate to it's respective piles. “Is this what you do on your spare time when you're not compulsively watching our practices?” She scoffed and began to wipe down the tables. “They were glad that you didn't show up to any of our practices today. Why did you even do that?”

 

I wanted to make sure all of you were working hard.” He croaked and fixed his hair.

 

She nodded with an expression that clearly showed lack of interest. “Or, did you purposely avoid today's practices to avoid a certain someone?” She smirked and leaned against the table. “Treat her well.”

 

What?” He scoffed, “Oh, are you jealous?”

 

There's nothing for me to be jealous about, sir.”

 

Just to make it clear, there's nothing going on between me and Ahran.”

 

That's what all the celebrities say when a dating scandal breaks out.” She shrugged, “Don't think she'll be easy to take advanta – ”

 

There's nothing going on between us! I was looking for – you know what never mind.”

 

You can tell me, Mr. Kim Jaejoong.” She smirked.

 

He groaned and held his head.“Quit it.”

 

Don't tell me you like another girl besides her?” She laughed, “You're a player!”

 

Instead of talking about me why won't you tell me about you and Wonbin?!” He snapped which silenced her. Her eyes flickered with pain from what he had said and he realized how he went too far. He cleared his throat and looked the other way. 
“I-I mean – “

 

Please leave.” She bowed and collected her things quickly.

 

He sighed and stood up to follow her. “Let's grab a drink. My friend's club is had an grand opening tonight and we can still make it.”

 

Please leave.” She repeated, back to her usual straight face expression. Jaejoong frowned, knowing just seconds later she was laughing and poking fun at him.

 

Alright.. See you.”