Godly coach

Heartless

The next after noon, Yoochun took over Jaejoong's group like he said he would. Yoochun followed the regular procedures Mr. Chang recommended, but it was harder than he thought. The first time he took over the trainee session was with Junsu. During that time, the girls were mostly focused on Junsu because he mainly taught them how to do well in musicals. He followed how Junsu had done it, but as he taught the girls, some of them were listening intently while others zoned out while giggling to themselves.

 

Why don't we take a break?” He said with a gentle smile and almost immediately, the group of girls went on to do their own things. He went over to where his jacket was and pulled out his phone.

 

She didn't come to class.” He texted Jaejoong while glancing around once more.

 

What?! It's mandatory for them to attend classes.” Jaejoong responded back the next second as he left the practice room. He immediately went down the stair cases and towards the lobby.

 

What should I do about her then?Yoochun asked with his eyes on the door. He unscrewed the cap from his bottled water and took a long drink from it.

 

I let the guys out for lunch early. I'll go around to ask for her.” Jaejoong responded once more. Yoochun lets out a sigh and told the girls to go for lunch. Anyway, after lunch Yoochun knew he didn't have to deal with the girls anymore.

 

While Jaejoong was on his way to the lobby, he bumped into one of the managers that are responsible with debuting rookies. He asked briefly about Minji and the tall, stern woman shook her head. She said that whenever Minji skips practice, she would either be lounging in the lobby area, locked herself in the recording studios or she'd be out and about. She claimed it was hard to really pinpoint where the girl could be, but usually around lunch time the girl would be napping in the lobby.


After a quick thank you, Jaejoong raced towards the lobby. He was hopeful to see Minji like the first time they laid eyes on her, but she wasn't there. He went through the lobby and turned down the hall to where the recording studios were. He checked every single one that was unfortunately empty. He was about to give up, but then he thought of the very last room at the end of the hall he didn't check. It was the biggest room that only had a white grand piano inside.


As he walked down the hallway, he heard the piano being played. He recognized the notes being played being one of JYJ's most popular songs. He reached the brown wooden door and pressed his ear up close. A girl's voice was singing the song 'In Heaven'. He gave the voice credit for having a pretty voice and to able to put emotion into the song. Sometimes he found it hard to sing his own songs. Near the very end where they would sing the song without backtrack, the girl's voice cracked and the sound of piano keys being slammed startled him. He pushed the door open just a bit and saw the pain in Minji's eyes.

 

For a second, his eyes went up in flames at the sight of her. Many words were circulating his mind to scold her for obvious reasons, but the heat died down. All of his words felt meaningless and he just couldn't bring himself to start screaming. Minji stood up with a straight face and greeted him quietly. Before she could walk out of earshot from him, he turned around and called out to her.

 

Why did you skip practice?” He asked sternly. She stopped in her tracks, but didn't turn around. Not a word was uttered out of as he waited for her to respond. “Yong Minji.”

 

She turned her head ever so slightly and looked at him from the corner of her eyes. “I'm sorry for my absence. I will attend next practice.” She said and continued to walk off. Her action surprised him so much that he was speechless. He sighed loudly and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

What is with this girl.. He stared at her until she left. The CEO caught his immediate attention just as the man walked by the hallway. He called out to him and hurriedly walked over to join him.

 

Oh, Jaejoong, did you just come from a practice?” Mr. Baek said, gesturing to the studio rooms.

 

Not exactly.” Jaejoong shook his head.

 

Why don't we go for lunch?” Mr. Baek suggested and Jaejoong complied. They got into Mr. Baek's car and went to one of the private restaurants he owned. It was a traditional korean restaurant that was only exclusive for anyone that is part of the company. They were greeted by the restaurant manager who seated them by the window. He introduced himself professionally before disappearing to get them tea. “I'm assuming you met Minji and there's a problem.”

 

She doesn't listen. A very horrible listener. I scolded her for not attending practice today and she replied as if she didn't mind that she was being yelled at... I... I... don't know what to say about her.” Jaejoong blurted out without thinking. He paused embarrassingly to take his words back, but Mr. Baek reassured him it was fine.

 

What you said just now is almost exactly what other coaches had said.” He laughed. “Only one coach understood her behavior ... I guess you can say problems. However, he retired last year from being the trainee's vocal coach. He's surprisingly young too. He should be at least a few years older than you. From what I've seen, they had a really close relationship. During the earlier months, she gave her all mostly during his practices.”

 

Who this coach? He must be a God for being able to detain Minji like that.” He said sarcastically.

 

Shin Wonbin.” Mr. Baek recalled. “He retired because his wife had their first child.”

 

I see..” Jaejoong nodded. Maybe I should drop by at the girl's dorm to ask about him.

 


Hey guys! I decided to make this a semi long story with a hint of romance. Stay tuned for more updates (: <3