Comfort

Heartless

 “We will release a statement today.” Mr. Baek sighed, “Let's hope this doesn't happen again. Even if it's for a different reason.”

 

Yes, sir.” Jaejoong bowed and stared at the ground. “What.. will you say?”

 

I'm not sure. It's difficult to say anything because you're photographed with a female.” Mr. Baek rubbed his forehead.

 

I apologize for what happened. I wasn't thinking.”

 

I know you had your reasons. Partially my fault really. Don't worry too much, Jaejoong. I'll think of something. Just.. take some time off today ... away from the trainees.”

 

Understood.” Jaejoong nodded.

 

Mr. Baek waved towards the door with another sigh. “Don't make any more trouble for me.”

 

Yes, sir.” Jaejoong chuckled and left the room. His smile immediately dropped the second he shut the door behind him. He was disappointed in himself for what had happened. I'm so stupid for letting my guard down. He thought and pushed himself off from leaning on the door.

 

A drowsy Minji walked towards him with her eyes barely open. She rubbed her dark circled eyes and stopped to blink at him. She rubbed her eyes once more just to make sure she wasn't dreaming of Jaejoong standing in front of her. She greeted him with a pathetic bow and tried to squeeze between him and the door. Jaejoong stood his ground and blocked her view.

 

What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be napping?” He asked, preventing her from entering. She yawned and pointed to the door. “Why do you need to see him?”

 

Why does it concern you?” She sighed, “I wanted to ask for a break.”

 

He hooked his arm around her shoulder and placed her in a headlock. He noogied her head before she pushed him away. She glared at him and held her head. You may not take a break.” He scolded, “You're going to give it your all until I tell you to stop.”

 

What?” She scoffed, “Who are you to do that? Are you going to use the superiority card?”

 

He ran his hand through his hair and stared at her face for a good couple seconds. “Let's go eat.”

 

She scoffed once more and rolled her eyes, “No, thank you.” She declined. He took off his coat and threw it over her head. He took her by surprise and pulled her over his shoulder. She kicked and screamed for him to release her, but he kept walking to the elevator. By the time he walked through the lobby, Minji was quiet which made it a strange sight to see by passing employees. They all stopped and stared at him who walked with a straight face.

 

Hyunwoo stopped right in front of them and refrained them from moving further. “Who's that?” He asked with a confused expression. Jaejoong took a step back and glanced at Minji who was completely still. She swore under her breath which was loud enough for Jaejoong to hear.

 

My cousin.” Jaejoong answered with a smile.

 

What is he talking about? Minji thought and began to wriggle out of his grasp.

 

Cousin..” Hyunwoo furrowed his eyebrows.

 

Right, cousin?” Jaejoong asked and slapped Minji's thigh. She held her tongue and stopped moving.
 

I'll.. umm.. leave you two then.” Hyunwoo turned sideways, “See you at practice?”

 

I.. have plans so I won't be attending any of the practices today. Please pass it on to the girls?”

 

Sure, no problem.” Hyunwoo waved and went on his way. Jaejoong sighed in relief much to Minj's annoyance.

 

Let me go.” She whispered,but he continued to his car that was parked behind the building. His black Ferrari 458 was parked in the undercover area that was secured with gates and cameras. A security guard was also stationed on the side to open and close the gates. He placed her in the passenger seat despite her trying to get out.

 

Stay still. We're going to get something to eat.” He said and slammed the door in her face. He hurriedly went around the front and sat in the driver seat. “Are you still being stubborn?” He said as he was pulling at his seat belt. She sat with her arms crossed over her chest and a reluctant expression on her face. Her hair was still messy from having the coat over her head. He reached over and pressed his body close to her face on accident.

 

What are you doing?” She leaned back, trying to avoid his touch. His cologne smelled inviting, but she had to hold her breath to stop herself from being drawn to him. He pulled the seat belt around her body and buckled it up. He raised his eyebrows at her expression and only pulled away with laughter. “Where are you taking me?”

 

To my place.” Jaejoong said as he drove up to the gates. He watched the gates slide open before pulling out onto the road.

 

W-What.. To your place?!” She gasped and backed into the window. “What do you think you're doing? Are you taking advantage of me?”

 

Jaejoong laughed, “You don't have anything for me to take advantage of.”

 

You're crazy.” She said and knocked on the window to get the attentions of pedestrians.

 

They can't see you. The windows are tinted. Just close your eyes and head off to sleep.”

 

You're very strange. “ She muttered.

 

~-~-~

 

Don't worry. I'm not going to do anything to you, but feed you.” Jaejoong said as he pushed the door open to his suite. Minji cautiously walked in, but keeping her distance from him.

 

Why?”

 

You need to eat and get some meat on your bones.” He muttered and tossed his coat onto his sofa. “I was just feeling a little down and wanted to eat with someone. I wanted to eat with you.” He ed his shirt out of habit and she stared at him with widened eyes. “A-Ah, it was just.. tight.” He gestured to his throat and left it ed at three. He walked to the kitchen to wash his hands, but the girl's eyes followed him. “Stop looking at me like that. You're making me feel weird.” He snapped.

 

Sure, I'm the one making you feel weird.” She said sarcastically and continued to watch him from where she stood. Eventually, as he cooked, he walked out to make her sit by the island table.

 

Sit here where you can have a full view of me.” He said and went back to cooking. "So that you won't think I drugged anything."


As Minji sat in wait, her eyes drooped and her mind became hazy. She rested on her hand and dozed off to sleep. Jaejoong came around a few minutes later and placed the beautifully plated pasta in front of her. She awoke with a startle to see him up close. She fell over and Jaejoong rushed to catch her. They both fell to the ground and she opened her eyes just to see their noses were touch. His hand was on her waist while the other was flat against the ground by her head.

 

Get off of me!” She groaned and pushed him off.

 

It's not what it looks like.” He said nervously and helped her up. “J-Just eat.” He pointed and took his plate to the sofa. “No, I didn't drug the food.” He answered her impending thoughts.

 

While they ate in silence, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her. He had so many questions about her that was left unanswered, but he couldn't find words to say anything.

 

Thank you for the meal.” Minji abruptly stood up. He had forgotten how fast she ate. He nearly choked on his own food hearing her clean up. He got up to follow as she the water.

 

Leave it.” He said with a mouthful and she turned off the tap.

 

She bowed and pulled on her hood. “I'll be going now.” She walked out the door before he could even put down his place. He quickly turned around to call after her, but the chime of the door made him stop.

 

He coughed and looked for water to wash the food down. Damn it.

 


Thanks for reading (: