Black sheep

Heartless

The sky was gloomy with gray clouds in the sky, yet everywhere was bright.. Snow drifted softly from all around while contributing more snow piles onto the streets. A man stared thoughtlessly as he was being driven to a familiar place.

 

Jaejoong.” A deep, smooth voice called out to him as he witnessed a bunch of school boys slip at once. He laughed at the only boy standing who was the prankster behind the whole scheme.

 

Yeah?” He answered. His eyes left the window to face his fellow band member that sat beside him. He was bundled up from the neck down and was in the process of putting leather gloves on. It was as if he was afraid of the weather. “You certainly look warm, Yoochun.” Jaejoong smiled, “Wait, you're missing something.” He reached down to his small travel bag and pulled out a black toque. He placed it on Yoochun's head and gave him a thumbs up. “There, all better.” The toque pieced together Yoochun's black and gray choice of clothes.

 

Very funny.” Yoochun said sarcastcally and took off the toque. “Well, aren't you going to button up? You do realize what kind of weather Seoul has.”

 

Yeah.” Another voice interrupted. The two looked to the front of the passenger seat to see their last member in the middle of zipping up. “Did you check the forecast at all?”

 

Junsu, I'm fine. This jacket is warm enough.” Jaejoong insisted. “The worst winter we had here was a few years ago. After spending so much time in the states and all around asia, did you guys forget what the weather was here like?”

 

Hey, I'm dropping you guys off back at the company first. Mr. Baek wants to see you guys.” Their manager cuts in. Just then, their car made a quick corner turn which filled the car with screams coming from the group's mouths. The manager laughed and slowed down the car pace. By the time the car came to a stop, JYJ were scared stiff. “We're here~” He announced cheerfully and glanced at one of the security guards he knew.

 

A-At least you could of given us an hour notice.” Junsu huffed and jumped out of the car with his travel bag in hand

 

Yeah, what he said.” Jaejoong grunted and joined him. Yoochun shrugged and followed the other two. They walked into the surprisingly busy company and was greeted by staff at the front desk. They had a few conversations here and there, but had to break off their reunion to head to the CEO's office. They walked deeper into the luxurious yet modern building and towards the elevators. They called the elevator and while in wait, they saw someone laying on one of the lobby sofas. They nudged and motioned each other, but each of them shrugged because they were unable to recognize who it was. She had long brown hair that was styled in loose curls. She wore a black pull over hoodie with dark gray harem sweatpants. Her arms were behind her head, supporting her neck and head as pillows. Her smart phone was face down on her stomach with her earphone wires connected and in her ears. Yoochun leaned over to get a better look, but unfortunately a music book covered her face.

 

Who's that?” Yoochun mouthed to one of the front desk staff that looked his way. The man shook his head and instead, waved JYJ to enter the elevator. They quietly entered the and as soon as the doors closed, their building curiosity got them talking.

 

That was a funny sight to see.” Junsu began, “I had never seen anyone like that before. Especially in the lobby and the person being a girl.”

 

Could she be one of the new trainees?” Yoochun mumbled.

 

Aren't they suppose to be upstairs in the dance studio?” Jaejoong asked. The elevator ringed and the doors opened. The three were about to step out when they nearly collided into an older gentleman. They immediately stumbled back and gave their greetings to the CEO.

 

Ah, aren't I lucky to bump into you three right now.” He smiled and walked in. He pressed the button that sends the elevator back down to the lobby.

 

Our manager said you wanted to speak with us.” Jaejoong spoke cautiously.

 

Yes, that's right. I asked him to bring you here, didn't I?” The man nodded, but he seemed to be unable to find the right words to start what he has to say. “Well.. You see.. since you three were once trainees and for numerous of years, I thought I should come to you guys for advice.”

 

Advice?” Yoochun repeated. He thought of that as a great honor to be asked by the CEO himself.

 

It's that time of the year to make cuts in our trainee program. There's a trainee..When she first came, she was multitalented and a very charming girl. The first few months she came was great; however, lately she has gotten on Mr. Chang's bad side. The other trainees and staff nicknamed her as the black sheep of the company.” He shook his head, “If you know what I mean by that. I don't know what's gotten into her. I was hoping that the three of you would pay some visits to encourage the trainees and give them advice on their work. Especially our black sheep.” He laughed whole heartedly. “I know you guys just got back, but if you do this favor for me, you guys will help the trainees a lot. I'm sure their abilities will expand and grow.” He bent down and the rest followed. “Well, I mean if you're able to prevent our black sheep from Mr. Chang's chopping board then I'll let you guys have two weeks off.” He smiled and raised two fingers up. They straightened their posture and nodded their heads. “I'm trying not to be bias or anything, but she's definitely a one of a kind gem.”

 

The elevator opened and the CEO said goodbye before proceeding to another meeting. The three turned to the sofa, but the girl wasn't there. An idea popped into Jaejoong's mind and he walked over to the front desk. “Hello, just wondering who occupied the studios today?” He casually leaned over the desk

 

Would you like to a book a session?” The man asked while looking through the computer data. “Gummy was in the Studio A today and the male trainees took Studio B. The female trainees should be after Gummy, but it seemed to be booked off for the group.”

 

Oh, I see. Thanks.” Jaejoong smiled and walked away. Guess I was wrong. Now, who's that black sheep?”

 


First chapter to see if I should post more.. This will probably be a short story instead of a one-three shot. Chapters will be choppy unlike my previous longer works which dragged on. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think so far! & does anyone know what happened to the chapter edit option to prevent people from copying/pasting your work?