Dance Competition Part II

Our Adventure With EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kai POV 

I tapped my fingers against the arm rest of the chair as the group that was performing just finished. They were good, but so were the other routines before them; honestly I didn't even want to be here. Every time we went to one of these things it always turned out the same, every routine looking just like the next. I would rather be out playing with Monggu or catching up on some much needed sleep. 

I yawned quietly to myself and rubbed my eyes when Kyungsoo, who was sitting next to me, shook my shoulder to get my attention. 

"What is it hyung?" 

"Remember those girls we ran into in the parking lot?" 

How could I not? Especially the one with the long reddish hair and backwards cap on her head. What was her name...

...

Lee JaeHwa! 

Lee JaeHwa, I couldn't forget that. 

"Yeah why?" I looked at him curiously. 

"They're performing next," he nodded his head forward and my eyes widened as I snapped my head forehead, almost giving myself whip lash. 

Kyungsoo slapped my arm but I could care less. The duet dance, that consisted of two boys whose routine I didn't remember, bowed before exiting the stage to a series of hand claps just as the announcer came on. 

"Now for our next group category six!" 

I immediately sat up straighter in my seat and had to swallow back the lump in my throat when JaeHwa, Seon and three other men, came out with them. 

Before the music started, JaeHwa and Seon situated themselves in the back, probably because they weren't in this piece and I watched her smile over at the audience when she scanned the crowd, but I doubt she could see me. 

And for some reason I don't know why that made me feel dissapointed. 

The music started up and instantly I was hooked as the guys started their routine. Their movements were precise and smooth, they moved with emotion that I always admired in dancers and was taken back by such great choreography. The first half lasted for about five minutes before the seond part of the dance, when JaeHwa and Seon finally joined in a piece called Don't Hold the Wall.  

I shouldn't be so suprised but honestly I was. Their dancing was amazing and so clean. They way each person moved was synchronized and had its own flare to it at the same time. People began to whistle and clap and I couldn't help but to join as the rest of the members were nodding their heads and moving a little in their seats to the beat.

Kris, who was sitting next to me had his hands in the air and was moving from side to side while trying to mumble along to the words in english, but he was so unsuccessful it was funny.

"They're so good huh Jongin-ah?" Tao asked me leaning over the chinese leader.

"Very good," I nodded not taking my eyes off of them.

 

JaeHwa POV

As soon as the second part of the dance ended, I could feel the sweat running down the side of my forehead and I was breathing  heavily while twisting my cap around to the front. People were cheering and clapping widly and I smiled before turning to look over at Seon who gave me a thumbs up. The excitement was short lived though because it was Seon's turn to perform her dance number, so we all bowed before I fell back behind the others as they moved to the front.

Lay POV

I saw Seon move to the front of the guys j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter