Practicing

Our Adventure With EXO
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No. You're doing it wrong. You need to face the other way!" yelled my dance instructor, Won In.

I was trying so hard, but for some odd reason I just didn't have a feel for the song at all. "Again," he growled

 He restarted the song and I caught my breathe before going back to position. 

I closed my eyes, and once I heard the beat of music I tried to focus. I felt the beat and started dancing like he had taught me. I focused on my reflection as I moved to the beat. Swiftly moving my arms and legs to the song.

Once the song was over, I looked at him as I was breathing heavily and I was sweating a waterfall. He smiled for once.

"Good job Seon. I knew you could do it. Now take a water break. I'll bring Jae Hwa from the other room so you two can practice your dance routine for the Dance competition next week," he said as he walked out to fetch Jae Hwa.

I sighed as I grabbed the water bottle that was placed at the corner of the studio. I sat down and chugged the water down.

A few minutes later, Won In came in followed by Jae Hwa.

"Seon-ah! How was your practice?" she asked me as sat down beside me.

"It was okay. You know how Won in-sshi gets," I sighed. She chuckled a little. "You know very well he'll never change his ways,"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah yeah. Come on we need to practice," I said standing back up. I pulled Jae Hwa up and looked at Won In who was absorbed in his cell phone. I loudly cleared my throat to get his attention but he was seriously not looking up.

Aish... what kind of dance instructor is this guy!?!

I grabbed the half empty water bottle and threw it at him.

He looked up shocked shielding his 'oh so precious phone'.

"Yah! Are you crazy?! I could have dropped my phone!" He yelled. Jae Hwa tried hard to suppress from laughing at him.

"Just start the music already," I smirked. He scoffed before turning back towards his computer. Both Jae Hwa and I got into position.

I gave Won In the signal and he started playing the music.

 

After practice we both decided to head to a near-by BBQ place before heading back towards our apartment. 

" Annyounghaseyo!" greeted the ahjumma behind the counter.

"Annyounghaseyo, " we greeted back.

"How have you ladies been?" she asked as brought over the meat and side dishes.

"We've been good. Just a little tired," I said my lips as she set the meat down on the table.

"You two need to eat more to keep your energy up!" she chimed as she brought over more meat for us.

"Gamsamnida. We really can't thank you enough," I said. 

"Aniyo. It's no problem. You two are like my daughters," she waved it off as she went over to another table to see what they wanted.

I smiled as Jae Hwa set the meat on the preheated grill. She grilled the meat to perfection as I handed her the plates.

"Thank you sunbae," I teased as I ate the meat happily. "Ne Ne," was all she said as she too started eating.

 

The Next Day...

I woke up earlier than usual. For some reason I really wanted to go to the studio and practice.

Why am I so nervous for this competition?

I shook it off before heading

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter