Chapter 5

Goodbye Summer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Chapter 5 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

            I stay still and just stare at the photos when suddenly my phone notifies me that I have an incoming call. I make my way to it not very pleased to answer. I look at the screen and see Lay’s name. Thank God it’s not Kyungsoo, I couldn’t bring myself to talk to him. . .after five rings I finally decide to answer.

            “Hello?”

            “you, I thought that you wouldn’t pick up and I was going to end the call, but I’m glad that you decided to answer.” Lay’s voice isn’t sad, neither happy, but he tries his best to sound happy and after that I heard a giggle.

            “. . .” I really don’t know what to say, he figured it out and quickly told me the reason why he called.

            “Do you remember what we talked about at the graduation? That we will not be able to go to the beach this year? Well, Kris and Soyu managed to rent a chalet plus a car and everything is free.”  I hardly try to stop myself from screaming because of joy, maybe it’s not too late.

            “Kyungsoo. . .is he coming too?. . .”  I blurted the question out without controlling myself.

            “He told me that he’s waiting your answer.” WoW. . .He will go if I go.

            “Please tell him that I’ll come.” My voice changed. I’m smiling like an idiot.

            “I’m glad you’re not sad anymore.” Lay said. “I’ll hang up now. . .”

            “When are we leaving? You forgot to tell me.”

            “Ah, I’m so stupid! Tomorrow night, that means Thursday, and we’re gonna stay there until Monday.” I smiled.

            “Thanks Lay for telling me. By the way, who’s gonna drive? Kris?” I curiously asked him because I don’t like the way Soyu drives.

            “Yeah!” Lay started to laugh. “Kris would never let her drive when he’s around!” I also laughed then hang up.

            In that moment the tears were gone and a big smile begun to form on my face. I even started to jump around.

            The soft and warm wind of summer left all the classrooms empty. It came more confident than the last years and let itself fall all over South Korea. I loved  summer, it’s just that everywhere you go is so hot.

            Each one of us had their own job. Kris recently told us that he has a girlfriend and he wants us to meet her. When I first heard that, I was a little upset. I needed that courage too, to end that friendship with Kyungsoo, but. . .it never came. After I thought better, I really wanted to know her. Kyungsoo was preparing for a competition. I always encouraged Kyungsoo, who didn’t believe me and kept practicing, by telling him that he has an angel’s voice that could beatbox. . . Me and Lay were practicing as well in that dance team with which we wouldn’t get anywhere.

            After a little while we found out that Kyungsoo made it to the live audition that was in Busan. I was so happy for him and that quickly fade away when he told me that he doesn’t have money, but Lay made our day better by telling us that a friend of him has a chalet on the beach in Busan so we can borrow it. Then we all decided to go by train and we’re going to stay there the whole weekend. Kyungsoo was eager, but at the same time nervous. I tried to help him every time, saying : “You’re the best Kyungsoo!” or “Believe in yourself!” and “You can do it!” I even told him that me and Lay are gonna be his dancers and he was really thankful for our help.

            On the day of our departure, I wasn’t that nervous like I thought I would be. I tried so hard to be the first one who arrives at the train station, since I’m always late. And because the train was scheduled to leave at five a.m., I woke up at three a.m. to get there in time. I was so sleepy.

            I was trudging, pulling along the valise. The train station seemed deserted, but it wasn’t. . .someone got there before me. Kyungsoo was seating on his own valise. I put my suitcase in front of him and sat down on it. My legs were slightly apart with my arms resting on the suitcase. The wind was a little cold. I was wearing a pair of mauve sneakers, jeans shorts and a sleeveless, loose, mauve shirt with the message Give Me Love on it. I left my hair on my back to air dry itself because I just washed it this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter